Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
Ryse upgrades vault daryl ghoul wolfenstein hunk riot NPCs Gear commonwealth machine FCOM Superpele body money Call mandalorian Mask khan boomers dead marvel boom space Reforged
Latest topics
» Your favorite mods for F:NV
A problem with Drag's NPC Overhaul (Poor Pete!) Emptyby ZedraxStereo Yesterday at 2:44 am

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
A problem with Drag's NPC Overhaul (Poor Pete!) Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:53 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
A problem with Drag's NPC Overhaul (Poor Pete!) Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:43 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
A problem with Drag's NPC Overhaul (Poor Pete!) Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:26 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
A problem with Drag's NPC Overhaul (Poor Pete!) Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
A problem with Drag's NPC Overhaul (Poor Pete!) Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
A problem with Drag's NPC Overhaul (Poor Pete!) Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
A problem with Drag's NPC Overhaul (Poor Pete!) Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
A problem with Drag's NPC Overhaul (Poor Pete!) Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
A problem with Drag's NPC Overhaul (Poor Pete!) Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:29 am

» Late Introduction
A problem with Drag's NPC Overhaul (Poor Pete!) Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:29 pm

» Greetings!
A problem with Drag's NPC Overhaul (Poor Pete!) Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:01 pm

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
A problem with Drag's NPC Overhaul (Poor Pete!) Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:48 am

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
A problem with Drag's NPC Overhaul (Poor Pete!) Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
A problem with Drag's NPC Overhaul (Poor Pete!) Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:52 am

» So I tried my hand at modding...
A problem with Drag's NPC Overhaul (Poor Pete!) Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:01 pm

» hi i'm new person
A problem with Drag's NPC Overhaul (Poor Pete!) Emptyby Jackfishproductions Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:00 am

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
A problem with Drag's NPC Overhaul (Poor Pete!) Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:15 pm

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
A problem with Drag's NPC Overhaul (Poor Pete!) Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:18 pm

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
A problem with Drag's NPC Overhaul (Poor Pete!) Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:37 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

A problem with Drag's NPC Overhaul (Poor Pete!)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
paynexkiller

paynexkiller

A problem with Drag's NPC Overhaul (Poor Pete!) Empty
PostSubject: A problem with Drag's NPC Overhaul (Poor Pete!)   A problem with Drag's NPC Overhaul (Poor Pete!) EmptyTue Jun 23, 2020 7:51 pm

Hey! Looking for some help sorting out the NPC overhaul with a couple people.

https://imgur.com/9wI5Qwr
https://imgur.com/MFWDOkA
https://imgur.com/VgVQX1A

It's clear I'm missing something, though Doc Mitchell looks perfect.
Back to top Go down
CommunistDragon

CommunistDragon

Character sheet
Name: Neo
Faction: Highest Bidder
Level: 25

PostSubject: Re: A problem with Drag's NPC Overhaul (Poor Pete!)   A problem with Drag's NPC Overhaul (Poor Pete!) EmptyTue Jun 23, 2020 9:07 pm

Can you make a post of your load order? Also do you have any other mods that impact character appearance like FCO or NVR3?
Back to top Go down
paynexkiller

paynexkiller

PostSubject: Re: A problem with Drag's NPC Overhaul (Poor Pete!)   A problem with Drag's NPC Overhaul (Poor Pete!) EmptyTue Jun 23, 2020 9:14 pm

CommunistDragon wrote:
Can you make a post of your load order? Also do you have any other mods that impact character appearance like FCO or NVR3?
Here's my list.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
CommunistDragon

CommunistDragon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A problem with Drag's NPC Overhaul (Poor Pete!)   A problem with Drag's NPC Overhaul (Poor Pete!) EmptyTue Jun 23, 2020 9:35 pm

I suspect that it’s a conflict with another esp. can you try moving npc overhaul to the bottom of the load order, not below the weather mod though
Back to top Go down
paynexkiller

paynexkiller

PostSubject: Re: A problem with Drag's NPC Overhaul (Poor Pete!)   A problem with Drag's NPC Overhaul (Poor Pete!) EmptyTue Jun 23, 2020 11:14 pm

CommunistDragon wrote:
I suspect that it’s a conflict with another esp. can you try moving npc overhaul to the bottom of the load order, not below the weather mod though

Sandy stilll looks like a weird spider woman, which is weird. Wonder if that's a body issue?
Back to top Go down
CommunistDragon

CommunistDragon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A problem with Drag's NPC Overhaul (Poor Pete!)   A problem with Drag's NPC Overhaul (Poor Pete!) EmptyTue Jun 23, 2020 11:16 pm

Have you tried using a merged patch? Are you using a mod manager? If so perhaps you can move the mod further down to overwrite any conflicts?
Back to top Go down
paynexkiller

paynexkiller

PostSubject: Re: A problem with Drag's NPC Overhaul (Poor Pete!)   A problem with Drag's NPC Overhaul (Poor Pete!) EmptyTue Jun 23, 2020 11:38 pm

CommunistDragon wrote:
Have you tried using a merged patch? Are you using a mod manager? If so perhaps you can move the mod further down to overwrite any conflicts?

What did you have in mind for a merged patch? I'm using FMM (0.13.21) atm.
Back to top Go down
CommunistDragon

CommunistDragon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A problem with Drag's NPC Overhaul (Poor Pete!)   A problem with Drag's NPC Overhaul (Poor Pete!) EmptyWed Jun 24, 2020 12:01 am

Through FNVEdit, you can create a merge patch to resolve conflicts between plugins. I believe Gopher has a great video that covers it
Back to top Go down
paynexkiller

paynexkiller

PostSubject: Re: A problem with Drag's NPC Overhaul (Poor Pete!)   A problem with Drag's NPC Overhaul (Poor Pete!) EmptyWed Jun 24, 2020 12:23 am

CommunistDragon wrote:
Through FNVEdit, you can create a merge patch to resolve conflicts between plugins. I believe Gopher has a great video that covers it

Watched Gopher's video but it's not super clear as nothing stands out.
Back to top Go down
Alfaz

Alfaz

PostSubject: Re: A problem with Drag's NPC Overhaul (Poor Pete!)   A problem with Drag's NPC Overhaul (Poor Pete!) EmptyWed Jun 24, 2020 12:59 am

a Merge might not fix this and could introduce other issues if not done correctly. This is most likely a load order issue. All of those overhauls should be loaded last(above weather mods like someone else pointed out).  The way FNV loads plugins, you want the ESP mods that make the biggest changes or added content loaded lower. This way, all the other plugins that might overide them, get loaded first, and lastly the big ones to override all. ESMs will stay at the top of your load order because they need to be there to provide the framework for mods that require them. ANy patches you download should always be placed after/lower in your load order than the mods they are patching. I reccommend using MO2 to keep track of your load priorities, which vortex and nmm suck at.

If you still have a problem, look for easy petes textures in archiveinvalidation.txt and see if your archives are intact.

paynexkiller

PostSubject: Re: A problem with Drag's NPC Overhaul (Poor Pete!)   A problem with Drag's NPC Overhaul (Poor Pete!) EmptyWed Jun 24, 2020 2:38 am

Alfaz wrote:
a Merge might not fix this and could introduce other issues if not done correctly. This is most likely a load order issue. All of those overhauls should be loaded last(above weather mods like someone else pointed out).  The way FNV loads plugins, you want the ESP mods that make the biggest changes or added content loaded lower. This way, all the other plugins that might overide them, get loaded first, and lastly the big ones to override all. ESMs will stay at the top of your load order because they need to be there to provide the framework for mods that require them. ANy patches you download should always be placed after/lower in your load order than the mods they are patching. I reccommend using MO2 to keep track of your load priorities, which vortex and nmm suck at.

If you still have a problem, look for easy petes textures in archiveinvalidation.txt and see if your archives are intact.

Decided to continue forward and unfortunately...

https://imgur.com/BjTN4kd
https://imgur.com/gO9LWFV

Yeah, I have no idea what's casued this. What could I reinstall? What could fix these weird problems?
Back to top Go down
CommunistDragon

CommunistDragon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A problem with Drag's NPC Overhaul (Poor Pete!)   A problem with Drag's NPC Overhaul (Poor Pete!) EmptyWed Jun 24, 2020 2:46 am

Try opening FNVEdit and see if there's anything conflicting with the npcs? It should have multiple columns of all the mods conflicting with each unique NPC. Also you need to look over your load order. Just noticed that you have two weather mods active. Project13 - Populated Wasteland.esp could also be the cause of these problems too. Can you post the new load order? Since If NPC overhaul was at the bottom, this shouldve been fixed. Unless you have any textures/meshes that are conflicting and overwriting NPC overhaul. Thats why you need Mod Organizer 2, you can arrange the order of which files overwrite what with little to 0 risk of completely breaking your game.
Back to top Go down
paynexkiller

paynexkiller

PostSubject: Re: A problem with Drag's NPC Overhaul (Poor Pete!)   A problem with Drag's NPC Overhaul (Poor Pete!) EmptyWed Jun 24, 2020 3:03 am

CommunistDragon wrote:
Try opening FNVEdit and see if there's anything conflicting with the npcs? It should have multiple columns of all the mods conflicting with each unique NPC. Also you need to look over your load order. Just noticed that you have two weather mods active. Project13 - Populated Wasteland.esp could also be the cause of these problems too. Can you post the new load order? Since If NPC overhaul was at the bottom, this shouldve been fixed. Unless you have any textures/meshes that are conflicting and overwriting NPC overhaul. Thats why you need Mod Organizer 2, you can arrange the order of which files overwrite what with little to 0 risk of completely breaking your game.

I'm assuming this is roughly what you're after?

https://imgur.com/BxydTGn

Also modlist order:
Spoiler:

Populated Wasteland is a newer mod, it just adds more npcs right? Shouldn't mess with NPC textures?
Back to top Go down
Alfaz

Alfaz

PostSubject: Re: A problem with Drag's NPC Overhaul (Poor Pete!)   A problem with Drag's NPC Overhaul (Poor Pete!) EmptyWed Jun 24, 2020 3:11 am

Open FNVedit with all your mods. I had all these issues when i had AWOP installed. this is because they both edit the same records. this would also be the case if you have ANYTHING that affects ANY record that pertains to that actor. Like i said in my previous post, your load order is the predominant issue. If you place the drags overhauls at the bottom of the list above your weather mod, you should see improvement.

CommunistDragon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A problem with Drag's NPC Overhaul (Poor Pete!)   A problem with Drag's NPC Overhaul (Poor Pete!) EmptyWed Jun 24, 2020 3:59 am

Alfaz wrote:
Open FNVedit with all your mods. I had all these issues when i had AWOP installed. this is because they both edit the same records. this would also be the case if you have ANYTHING that affects ANY record that pertains to that actor. Like i said in my previous post, your load order is the predominant issue. If you place the drags overhauls at the bottom of the list above your weather mod, you should see improvement.

As I said before, that should solve the problem
Back to top Go down
phatyoshi

phatyoshi

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: A problem with Drag's NPC Overhaul (Poor Pete!)   A problem with Drag's NPC Overhaul (Poor Pete!) EmptyWed Jun 24, 2020 3:28 pm

I had this issue. Here's my fix: in  your fallout.prefs.ini just above [Display] there should be 'bLoadFaceGenHeadEGTFiles=0'. Change 0 to 1. If you're using a mod manager like MO2 make sure that you change this within the manager's ini editor or it will overwrite.

bLoadFaceGenHeadEGTFiles has something to do with the coloration of NPCs and I think Drag enables it for his mods (either way that was my fix). If changing the fallout.prefs.ini does nothing then change it in fallout.ini instead, which is identical. Also remember that loading the default launcher may reset your ini settings to default so load through something like NVSE instead

edit: this also fixes all other NPCs affected, like Sunny Smiles's face problem or Cliff Briscoe's dark textures
Back to top Go down
Arcades

Arcades

Character sheet
Name: Noah
Faction: L E G I O N

PostSubject: Re: A problem with Drag's NPC Overhaul (Poor Pete!)   A problem with Drag's NPC Overhaul (Poor Pete!) EmptyWed Jun 24, 2020 6:48 pm

phatyoshi wrote:
I had this issue. Here's my fix: in  your fallout.prefs.ini just above [Display] there should be 'bLoadFaceGenHeadEGTFiles=0'. Change 0 to 1. If you're using a mod manager like MO2 make sure that you change this within the manager's ini editor or it will overwrite.

bLoadFaceGenHeadEGTFiles has something to do with the coloration of NPCs and I think Drag enables it for his mods (either way that was my fix). If changing the fallout.prefs.ini does nothing then change it in fallout.ini instead, which is identical. Also remember that loading the default launcher may reset your ini settings to default so load through something like NVSE instead

edit: this also fixes all other NPCs affected, like Sunny Smiles's face problem or Cliff Briscoe's dark textures

I can say that this fix is what I used a while ago and it fixed all of the NPCs for me. This is a common enough question that it surprises me that the solution is so hard to find, I remember it taking a while to figure out that it was just a quick ini edit

paynexkiller

PostSubject: Re: A problem with Drag's NPC Overhaul (Poor Pete!)   A problem with Drag's NPC Overhaul (Poor Pete!) EmptyWed Jun 24, 2020 10:25 pm

phatyoshi wrote:

Cheers!

https://imgur.com/9KYSXHZ
https://imgur.com/42CgsI4

Close enough!
Back to top Go down
phatyoshi

phatyoshi

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: A problem with Drag's NPC Overhaul (Poor Pete!)   A problem with Drag's NPC Overhaul (Poor Pete!) EmptyWed Jun 24, 2020 11:33 pm

paynexkiller wrote:
phatyoshi wrote:

Cheers!

https://imgur.com/9KYSXHZ
https://imgur.com/42CgsI4

Close enough!

No problem at all, have fun with that
Back to top Go down
phatyoshi

phatyoshi

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: A problem with Drag's NPC Overhaul (Poor Pete!)   A problem with Drag's NPC Overhaul (Poor Pete!) EmptyWed Jun 24, 2020 11:35 pm

Arcades wrote:
phatyoshi wrote:

I can say that this fix is what I used a while ago and it fixed all of the NPCs for me. This is a common enough question that it surprises me that the solution is so hard to find, I remember it taking a while to figure out that it was just a quick ini edit

Literally this, it took me some digging the first time I encountered the bug. I found the answer in the middle of a large thread, even though the solution was actually so simple
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A problem with Drag's NPC Overhaul (Poor Pete!)   A problem with Drag's NPC Overhaul (Poor Pete!) Empty

Back to top Go down

A problem with Drag's NPC Overhaul (Poor Pete!)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next