Gaming Underground Network

Come for the Mods, Stay for the Community!

HomeInterviewsRegisterLog in
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
_
September 2020
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Do you want to see FUNCTIONAL VEHICLES in Fallout 5?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Heisenberg

Heisenberg

Character sheet
Name: Mr. White
Faction: Vamonos Pest
Level: ¥

Do you want to see FUNCTIONAL VEHICLES in Fallout 5? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you want to see FUNCTIONAL VEHICLES in Fallout 5?   Do you want to see FUNCTIONAL VEHICLES in Fallout 5? - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2020 2:29 am

No.

[only here for the word count]

EaNasirRoofBabylonian

EaNasirRoofBabylonian

PostSubject: Re: Do you want to see FUNCTIONAL VEHICLES in Fallout 5?   Do you want to see FUNCTIONAL VEHICLES in Fallout 5? - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2020 3:11 am

To reiterate what was said earlier, Bethesda would have to completely replace their engine in order to accomplish this. Remember, they're still running off of a modified version of GameBryo, no matter how much they like to claim it's not. Considering they've been using it since 2003 (those lazy bastards), I doubt they'll replace it until it literally comes apart at the seams.

Yeah, remember how buggy horses were in Skyrim? Now imagine sticking that mess into a hypothetical Fallout 5 that's still using Gamebryo/"The Creation Engine", and is literally falling apart on account of the laziness.

I mean, depending on how they do it, vehicles and/or horses could be great. It would just require the use of a new engine. Ideally, I'd wish they'd license REDengine 3 from CD Projekt RED, but I sincerely doubt Bethesda is that competent.
Back to top Go down
head4crab

head4crab

PostSubject: Re: Do you want to see FUNCTIONAL VEHICLES in Fallout 5?   Do you want to see FUNCTIONAL VEHICLES in Fallout 5? - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2020 5:46 pm

Welll, the map is not THAT BIG to do something like that, besides the engine is actually broken.
Back to top Go down
YeezusJeezus

YeezusJeezus

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Do you want to see FUNCTIONAL VEHICLES in Fallout 5?   Do you want to see FUNCTIONAL VEHICLES in Fallout 5? - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2020 11:17 pm

I think it depends on a few factors ie: player speed, map size, etc.

I could love horses if done right, or maybe a personal scavenger motorcycle that can double as a home away from home.

However, Bethesda games with vehicles (horses in Skyrim) have always felt clunky and sluggish to me, and this goes for modded vehicles as well. I think they'd have to feel fun to use. So I would not be opposed to vehicles, it just has to work right and remain fun

ahyuser001

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Do you want to see FUNCTIONAL VEHICLES in Fallout 5?   Do you want to see FUNCTIONAL VEHICLES in Fallout 5? - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2020 3:09 pm

I don't mind if they implement vehicles on Fallout 5(if they ever manage to make it work).

It would be nice to see them implement vehicles/animals as a part of a trade caravan/passenger transport between two or more locations and in sparse quantities.

Will there be enough Dakka?
Back to top Go down
AshTheDefiler

AshTheDefiler

Character sheet
Name: Ashtaroth
Faction: Black Legion
Level: Defiler Of The East

PostSubject: Re: Do you want to see FUNCTIONAL VEHICLES in Fallout 5?   Do you want to see FUNCTIONAL VEHICLES in Fallout 5? - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2020 5:49 pm

Todd's never gonna add vehicles into the FO universe, that means bigger maps aka more work and less time exploring repeated repetative dungeons.

Do you want to see FUNCTIONAL VEHICLES in Fallout 5? - Page 3 T7t8s8gqcgc21

Do you want to see FUNCTIONAL VEHICLES in Fallout 5? - Page 3 Ban-Chaos-Crimson-Slaughter-anime-zpsh8l7oq0qtemporary image hosting
Back to top Go down
54yeggan

54yeggan

Character sheet
Name: Courier 6
Faction: Independant Merc
Level: 30

PostSubject: Re: Do you want to see FUNCTIONAL VEHICLES in Fallout 5?   Do you want to see FUNCTIONAL VEHICLES in Fallout 5? - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 29, 2020 2:17 pm

@AshTheDefiler wrote:
Todd's never gonna add vehicles into the FO universe, that means bigger maps aka more work and less time exploring repeated repetative dungeons.

Do you want to see FUNCTIONAL VEHICLES in Fallout 5? - Page 3 T7t8s8gqcgc21

Fallout 4 had me now believing that there WAS such a thing as TOO MUCH to do. With the vast amount of side quests, sub-quests, and repeateable dungeon-clearing + looting there was to do, it kinda actually makes FO4 a bit overwhelming compared to previous games.

Or maybe that's just me, since I'm constantly overencumbered and lugging junk back and forth from place to place TongueTril

Bateman

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Do you want to see FUNCTIONAL VEHICLES in Fallout 5?   Do you want to see FUNCTIONAL VEHICLES in Fallout 5? - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2020 6:37 am

The cool factor the Highwayman had in FO2 was off the charts, and I loved the trunk space, upgrades, and all that. That being said, you'd need an emptier map with roads clear of debris. It might've worked in New Vegas if there weren't so many load zones, but FO3 and FO4 were way too compact. Maybe it'd work well in a survival mode with no fast travel, like vertibirds in FO4 or silt striders in morrowind.
Back to top Go down
guan12

guan12

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Do you want to see FUNCTIONAL VEHICLES in Fallout 5?   Do you want to see FUNCTIONAL VEHICLES in Fallout 5? - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2020 4:16 pm

Depends on the map size, then again Bethesda needs to rework on a whole bunch on things just to get players the ability to commandeer a vehicle. Than again, it took the creators of New Frontier some time to get even a driveable tank working in their mod. So it is possible but would Bethesda do it. I think not.

I seem to have lost a Penny.
Back to top Go down
BadCountryMusic

BadCountryMusic

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Do you want to see FUNCTIONAL VEHICLES in Fallout 5?   Do you want to see FUNCTIONAL VEHICLES in Fallout 5? - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2020 7:42 pm

Personally I hate the thought of vehicles in FO, but if Beth could make FO5's next map giant and Mad Max themed I'd def be on board.
Imagine the road battles with raiders and spike covered cars.. Party Car
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you want to see FUNCTIONAL VEHICLES in Fallout 5?   Do you want to see FUNCTIONAL VEHICLES in Fallout 5? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you want to see FUNCTIONAL VEHICLES in Fallout 5?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3