Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
Gear boom wolfenstein power money Overhaul Ryse body dead ghoul khan machine Reforged vault hunk boomers commonwealth riot Call gauss marvel Superpele daryl NPCs mandalorian Mask
Latest topics
» The Legion are fascists, let's discuss it.
Do you want to see FUNCTIONAL VEHICLES in Fallout 5? - Page 3 Emptyby monke gaming Today at 8:56 am

» A long overdue introduction
Do you want to see FUNCTIONAL VEHICLES in Fallout 5? - Page 3 Emptyby Athallah Akbar Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:46 pm

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Do you want to see FUNCTIONAL VEHICLES in Fallout 5? - Page 3 Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
Do you want to see FUNCTIONAL VEHICLES in Fallout 5? - Page 3 Emptyby Apoc Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:06 am

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Do you want to see FUNCTIONAL VEHICLES in Fallout 5? - Page 3 Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:22 pm

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Do you want to see FUNCTIONAL VEHICLES in Fallout 5? - Page 3 Emptyby gavin gold Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Do you want to see FUNCTIONAL VEHICLES in Fallout 5? - Page 3 Emptyby HardComma Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:42 am

» Hello from nexus
Do you want to see FUNCTIONAL VEHICLES in Fallout 5? - Page 3 Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Do you want to see FUNCTIONAL VEHICLES in Fallout 5? - Page 3 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:06 pm

» The Next fallout
Do you want to see FUNCTIONAL VEHICLES in Fallout 5? - Page 3 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Do you want to see FUNCTIONAL VEHICLES in Fallout 5? - Page 3 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Do you want to see FUNCTIONAL VEHICLES in Fallout 5? - Page 3 Emptyby CosmoMods Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:52 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Do you want to see FUNCTIONAL VEHICLES in Fallout 5? - Page 3 Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:11 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
Do you want to see FUNCTIONAL VEHICLES in Fallout 5? - Page 3 Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Do you want to see FUNCTIONAL VEHICLES in Fallout 5? - Page 3 Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Do you want to see FUNCTIONAL VEHICLES in Fallout 5? - Page 3 Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
Do you want to see FUNCTIONAL VEHICLES in Fallout 5? - Page 3 Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:33 pm

» schorched enclave officer
Do you want to see FUNCTIONAL VEHICLES in Fallout 5? - Page 3 Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Do you want to see FUNCTIONAL VEHICLES in Fallout 5? - Page 3 Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:29 am

» Late Introduction
Do you want to see FUNCTIONAL VEHICLES in Fallout 5? - Page 3 Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:29 pm

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Do you want to see FUNCTIONAL VEHICLES in Fallout 5?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Heisenberg

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

Do you want to see FUNCTIONAL VEHICLES in Fallout 5? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you want to see FUNCTIONAL VEHICLES in Fallout 5?   Do you want to see FUNCTIONAL VEHICLES in Fallout 5? - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2020 3:29 am

No.

[only here for the word count]
Back to top Go down
EaNasirRoofBabylonian

EaNasirRoofBabylonian

PostSubject: Re: Do you want to see FUNCTIONAL VEHICLES in Fallout 5?   Do you want to see FUNCTIONAL VEHICLES in Fallout 5? - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2020 4:11 am

To reiterate what was said earlier, Bethesda would have to completely replace their engine in order to accomplish this. Remember, they're still running off of a modified version of GameBryo, no matter how much they like to claim it's not. Considering they've been using it since 2003 (those lazy bastards), I doubt they'll replace it until it literally comes apart at the seams.

Yeah, remember how buggy horses were in Skyrim? Now imagine sticking that mess into a hypothetical Fallout 5 that's still using Gamebryo/"The Creation Engine", and is literally falling apart on account of the laziness.

I mean, depending on how they do it, vehicles and/or horses could be great. It would just require the use of a new engine. Ideally, I'd wish they'd license REDengine 3 from CD Projekt RED, but I sincerely doubt Bethesda is that competent.
Back to top Go down
head4crab

head4crab

PostSubject: Re: Do you want to see FUNCTIONAL VEHICLES in Fallout 5?   Do you want to see FUNCTIONAL VEHICLES in Fallout 5? - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2020 6:46 pm

Welll, the map is not THAT BIG to do something like that, besides the engine is actually broken.
Back to top Go down
YeezusJeezus

YeezusJeezus

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Do you want to see FUNCTIONAL VEHICLES in Fallout 5?   Do you want to see FUNCTIONAL VEHICLES in Fallout 5? - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 20, 2020 12:17 am

I think it depends on a few factors ie: player speed, map size, etc.

I could love horses if done right, or maybe a personal scavenger motorcycle that can double as a home away from home.

However, Bethesda games with vehicles (horses in Skyrim) have always felt clunky and sluggish to me, and this goes for modded vehicles as well. I think they'd have to feel fun to use. So I would not be opposed to vehicles, it just has to work right and remain fun

ahyuser001

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Do you want to see FUNCTIONAL VEHICLES in Fallout 5?   Do you want to see FUNCTIONAL VEHICLES in Fallout 5? - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2020 4:09 pm

I don't mind if they implement vehicles on Fallout 5(if they ever manage to make it work).

It would be nice to see them implement vehicles/animals as a part of a trade caravan/passenger transport between two or more locations and in sparse quantities.

Will there be enough Dakka?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you want to see FUNCTIONAL VEHICLES in Fallout 5?   Do you want to see FUNCTIONAL VEHICLES in Fallout 5? - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2020 6:49 pm

Todd's never gonna add vehicles into the FO universe, that means bigger maps aka more work and less time exploring repeated repetative dungeons.

Do you want to see FUNCTIONAL VEHICLES in Fallout 5? - Page 3 T7t8s8gqcgc21
Back to top Go down
54yeggan

54yeggan

Character sheet
Name: Courier 6
Faction: Independant Merc
Level: 30

PostSubject: Re: Do you want to see FUNCTIONAL VEHICLES in Fallout 5?   Do you want to see FUNCTIONAL VEHICLES in Fallout 5? - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 29, 2020 3:17 pm

AshTheDefiler wrote:
Todd's never gonna add vehicles into the FO universe, that means bigger maps aka more work and less time exploring repeated repetative dungeons.

Do you want to see FUNCTIONAL VEHICLES in Fallout 5? - Page 3 T7t8s8gqcgc21

Fallout 4 had me now believing that there WAS such a thing as TOO MUCH to do. With the vast amount of side quests, sub-quests, and repeateable dungeon-clearing + looting there was to do, it kinda actually makes FO4 a bit overwhelming compared to previous games.

Or maybe that's just me, since I'm constantly overencumbered and lugging junk back and forth from place to place TongueTril

Bateman

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Do you want to see FUNCTIONAL VEHICLES in Fallout 5?   Do you want to see FUNCTIONAL VEHICLES in Fallout 5? - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2020 7:37 am

The cool factor the Highwayman had in FO2 was off the charts, and I loved the trunk space, upgrades, and all that. That being said, you'd need an emptier map with roads clear of debris. It might've worked in New Vegas if there weren't so many load zones, but FO3 and FO4 were way too compact. Maybe it'd work well in a survival mode with no fast travel, like vertibirds in FO4 or silt striders in morrowind.
Back to top Go down
guan12

guan12

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Do you want to see FUNCTIONAL VEHICLES in Fallout 5?   Do you want to see FUNCTIONAL VEHICLES in Fallout 5? - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2020 5:16 pm

Depends on the map size, then again Bethesda needs to rework on a whole bunch on things just to get players the ability to commandeer a vehicle. Than again, it took the creators of New Frontier some time to get even a driveable tank working in their mod. So it is possible but would Bethesda do it. I think not.

I seem to have lost a Penny.
Back to top Go down
BadCountryMusic

BadCountryMusic

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Do you want to see FUNCTIONAL VEHICLES in Fallout 5?   Do you want to see FUNCTIONAL VEHICLES in Fallout 5? - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2020 8:42 pm

Personally I hate the thought of vehicles in FO, but if Beth could make FO5's next map giant and Mad Max themed I'd def be on board.
Imagine the road battles with raiders and spike covered cars.. Party Car
Back to top Go down
DrCube

DrCube

PostSubject: Re: Do you want to see FUNCTIONAL VEHICLES in Fallout 5?   Do you want to see FUNCTIONAL VEHICLES in Fallout 5? - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 04, 2020 4:52 am

Sort of. Yes. I like the idea of having vehicles. I like the idea of the mobile truck base mod...

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/50978

...since it would be nice if you could actually drive that thing around the Mojave and that it could actually get destroyed by monsters or an errant missile from a raider. Vehicles would add a nice survival or resource element as it would be one more thing you'd have to maintain, upgrade, and fuel. There's good side quest, or even main story, potential there.

I also like the idea of certain regions only accessible by vehicle, like some abandoned city surrounded by an irradiated desert and irradiated sandstorms; some place that's too far and too hostile to walk to, even for power armor. However, it means the map must be a lot bigger and you'd need to be careful how it affects the main story and run the risk of triggering certain quests much earlier than intended.

This gets much much harder if you add flying vehicles.
Back to top Go down
Niar26

Niar26

PostSubject: Re: Do you want to see FUNCTIONAL VEHICLES in Fallout 5?   Do you want to see FUNCTIONAL VEHICLES in Fallout 5? - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 04, 2020 9:08 pm

Yes, but only if the vehicles are used for travelling between worldspaces, like Fallout 2. Vehicle physics in a fallout engine is just too troublesome, not to mention the fact it would remove most of the fallout atmosphere, which is by travelling on foot, always in danger.

Do you want to see FUNCTIONAL VEHICLES in Fallout 5? - Page 3 Tumblr_m4f9900IM11qk8ambo1_500Do you want to see FUNCTIONAL VEHICLES in Fallout 5? - Page 3 Tumblr_mxpzuedfmx1qbtxe8o1_500Do you want to see FUNCTIONAL VEHICLES in Fallout 5? - Page 3 Tumblr_mamcfzLSYt1r2vvn7o1_500
Back to top Go down
BillyBob88

BillyBob88

PostSubject: Re: Do you want to see FUNCTIONAL VEHICLES in Fallout 5?   Do you want to see FUNCTIONAL VEHICLES in Fallout 5? - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 05, 2020 12:10 pm

To have a big map with nice roads just laying there empty is not a good way to encourage new players to the genre so that it can live on and make more money, Skyrim had horses so it was a nice way to travel around the map when you did not feel like playing a walking simulator however its not entirely true that they need to replace the engine because if mods can make somewhat semi functioning vehicles in the game of Fallout NV a really old game then why not try at least to have vehicles in fallout 5?  

to eliminate the problem of immersion breaking just make the vehicles have slower turning and stuff like that to simulate movement of cars doesn't have to be perfect as long as it is functional like this video

now just imagine mixing this settlement building with driving.

Your in the wastes looking for scrap to use for building and repairing broken vehicles that you may find on the war torn roads after an hour of gaming you will have built a house a garage and have parked your vehicle inside the garage ready to be used for your next adventures.

Here is a few examples of base building mods for Fallout NV now combine it with a drivable car mod and you will have hours of fun this combanation of mods can help show people just have great vehicles can be if Bethesda [Microsoft New Owners] can make it if they just try at least to add in something fun.

But yeah this is if the map is going to be really big and you dont want players to get board and frustrated walking for an hour on a stale and uninteresting map that will jsut leave a bag taste and experience for them to remember.

If the map is smaller and has tons of details then there is no need for vehicles but then that would not really be a fallout game if the map is too small.
Back to top Go down
sandtwister200

sandtwister200

Character sheet
Name: Raul Alfonso Tejada
Faction: Black Mountain
Level: 30

PostSubject: Re: Do you want to see FUNCTIONAL VEHICLES in Fallout 5?   Do you want to see FUNCTIONAL VEHICLES in Fallout 5? - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 06, 2020 2:08 am

maybe if there's a highwayman just like Fallout 2 but in general not really especially if it is a dependency to travel from A to B, They'll need to reintegrate random encounters, timed quests, and other features similar to original Fallout 1 and 2. I would love vertibird travel just like Fallout 4, but as long as this game will be on the west coast and won't have retcons or Bethesda's lore changing stupidity then it should be great especially if they work with the original developers of Fallout 1, 2 and New Vegas and actually not make the game appeal to everyone as they did in Fallout 4 and 76 where it was sort of cartoonish and incomplete.

Lilkrasdog

Lilkrasdog

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Do you want to see FUNCTIONAL VEHICLES in Fallout 5?   Do you want to see FUNCTIONAL VEHICLES in Fallout 5? - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 04, 2020 11:20 pm

Yes and no.

On the one side I would love to be able to drive around the wasteland on a vehicle of my choice.

On the other unless done well it wouldn't really feel very fallouty. If you know what I mean.
Back to top Go down
paradoxwing

paradoxwing

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Do you want to see FUNCTIONAL VEHICLES in Fallout 5?   Do you want to see FUNCTIONAL VEHICLES in Fallout 5? - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 05, 2020 6:39 pm

sure, i wouldnt mind going full on mad maxx and building makeshift armor for my vehicles
but on the other hand, unless it's done right it would just end up like the settlement building of fo4
to focused on the building and maintaining the vehicles to enjoy them

Pickpox111

PostSubject: Re: Do you want to see FUNCTIONAL VEHICLES in Fallout 5?   Do you want to see FUNCTIONAL VEHICLES in Fallout 5? - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 05, 2020 7:22 pm

RangerJosh wrote:
Personally, I don't really care about having functional vehicles in Fallout.

However, something I would be interested in seeing would be a potential Horse Mount (it could be like a mutated horse, or something like that).

But yeah, do you want driveable vehicles in Fallout 5?

That's an interesting idea. Don't really know how well a vehicle would work and not even too sure about a mutated mount. Maybe a wagon with Brahmin pulling it?

If they figured out something that made sense and worked well, I'd be happy either way. I'm not opposed to keeping all on foot either. You learn your surroundings much better this way I think.

frankhorigan2

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Do you want to see FUNCTIONAL VEHICLES in Fallout 5?   Do you want to see FUNCTIONAL VEHICLES in Fallout 5? - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 06, 2020 4:42 pm

I'd say yes and no , Although it would be cool to have a functional car like we see in fallout 2 or tactics , i don't think it will work as well in a fully 3d world without compromising certain aspects of the game , so i'd say it's better not to have any " land " vehicles but instead have mounts ( there are a lot of mutated creatures to choose from and even robots ) and add a submarine or special power armor / diving suit or something for underwater exploration as i think that would be a great addition that enhances the experience without changing the feel of the game like cars would . also fully drivable virtibirds could be good as well
Back to top Go down
TheC3dr1c

TheC3dr1c

Character sheet
Name: Cedric
Faction: Enclave
Level: 12

PostSubject: Re: Do you want to see FUNCTIONAL VEHICLES in Fallout 5?   Do you want to see FUNCTIONAL VEHICLES in Fallout 5? - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 14, 2020 1:29 pm

I'd love it. I always like huge world with much to do and vehicles would extend the game on a huge base (i think). Especially some factions like the BoS/Enclave/NCR/etc would've managed to rebuild vehicles to use them. I mean if they can build vertibirds/ the prydwen/ liberty prime they can build a motorcycle or a tank for sure.
I really like the mod "wasteland garage" for FO4 and FO4s settlement system too because i always have fun to reconquer/rebuild the wasteland.
Maybe if FO5 gets a new engine Bethesda could do it like CD Project Red in The Witcher 3 with Roach.
Sadly most of the good stuff in FO or TES games is up to the modders by modern standart but i still got some hope TongueTril
Back to top Go down
Fables2003

Fables2003

PostSubject: Re: Do you want to see FUNCTIONAL VEHICLES in Fallout 5?   Do you want to see FUNCTIONAL VEHICLES in Fallout 5? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2021 9:22 am

It would honestly be quite interesting to have some sort of Mad Max like Fallout game!

Cars have been in Fallout before, I believe in Fallout 2, but I'm pretty sure the vehicle in question was just used to make fast traveling actually... fast. But it would be awesome to have some sort of driving mechanic, repairing the vehicle, finding fuel, and some customization.

However, knowing Bethesda, it would probably be very buggy Do you want to see FUNCTIONAL VEHICLES in Fallout 5? - Page 3 1f62d
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you want to see FUNCTIONAL VEHICLES in Fallout 5?   Do you want to see FUNCTIONAL VEHICLES in Fallout 5? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you want to see FUNCTIONAL VEHICLES in Fallout 5?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next