Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
riot machine Call hunk marvel FCOM dead money Mask space NPCs body commonwealth Superpele daryl Gear boomers Reforged khan wolfenstein mandalorian upgrades boom Ryse vault ghoul
Latest topics
» Your favorite mods for F:NV
The best decision in Fallout 4 Emptyby ZedraxStereo Today at 2:44 am

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
The best decision in Fallout 4 Emptyby john96 Yesterday at 5:53 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
The best decision in Fallout 4 Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:43 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
The best decision in Fallout 4 Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:26 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
The best decision in Fallout 4 Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
The best decision in Fallout 4 Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
The best decision in Fallout 4 Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
The best decision in Fallout 4 Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
The best decision in Fallout 4 Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
The best decision in Fallout 4 Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:29 am

» Late Introduction
The best decision in Fallout 4 Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:29 pm

» Greetings!
The best decision in Fallout 4 Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:01 pm

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
The best decision in Fallout 4 Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:48 am

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
The best decision in Fallout 4 Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
The best decision in Fallout 4 Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:52 am

» So I tried my hand at modding...
The best decision in Fallout 4 Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:01 pm

» hi i'm new person
The best decision in Fallout 4 Emptyby Jackfishproductions Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:00 am

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
The best decision in Fallout 4 Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:15 pm

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
The best decision in Fallout 4 Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:18 pm

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
The best decision in Fallout 4 Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:37 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

The best decision in Fallout 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
gavin gold

gavin gold

Character sheet
Name: Gavin Gold
Faction: Mr. House
Level: 50

The best decision in Fallout 4 Empty
PostSubject: The best decision in Fallout 4   The best decision in Fallout 4 EmptySat Oct 05, 2019 9:02 am

So, here's a little reversal. I quite like Fallout 4. I find that despite its flaws it's actually a pretty awesome game. So here's a post to say what you think it does right.

Mine: I think that despite the nostalgia for the classics, most of the new designs for armor and weapons were significant improvements, especially the X-01 helmet (that thing was ugly as hell).

Last edited by gavin gold on Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
KukBuddy

KukBuddy

Character sheet
Name: Hodd Toward
Faction: NOTbethesda
Level: 69

PostSubject: Re: The best decision in Fallout 4   The best decision in Fallout 4 EmptySat Oct 05, 2019 9:27 am

The best decisions in fallout 4, I would say that the gameplay is obviously way better than the old fallouts I think the art is also better when I say art I mean that they chanced the 3D models on all the things, the only 3D model I didn’t like is the new 10mm pistol. I love that you can be scavenger for materials, it really makes you feel you are in a apocalypse when you collect junk and make weapons mods and build on your base with it

Also love the settlement system but it needs a little work to be perfect, I mostly play on the shitty ps4 so I need to use glitches when I build my bases
Back to top Go down
lzInfinitezl

lzInfinitezl

PostSubject: Re: The best decision in Fallout 4   The best decision in Fallout 4 EmptySun Oct 13, 2019 9:04 pm

Positives
I'd say from a gameplay (Not fallout perspective) it has made massive improvements in the gunplay and overall animations (As I can't play FNV without Asurah's Animation pack and B42 Weapon Inertia) the graphics are a lot better (as they should be its a newer game). I also like that the perks aren't capped at a certain level however I do prefer the leveling up system in FO3 and FNV (15-17 points per level) but then again FO4's leveling system has a lot more replayability than the older Fallouts as once you reach the 100 cap in a certain skill thats it.

Negatives
The story in FO4 is not as deep and the choices the player can make are poor by Fallout standards. The weapon breaking system was also better when it comes to replay value as you have to find a merchant or scavenge for other weapons to fix the broken one. Finally, personally the setting/theme of Fallout New Vegas and Fallout 3 was much better than Fallout 4's as there aren't many interesting pre-war areas in FO4 compared to the other Fallouts in my opinion.

Back to top Go down
xtheoutcastedx

xtheoutcastedx

PostSubject: Re: The best decision in Fallout 4   The best decision in Fallout 4 EmptySun Oct 13, 2019 9:58 pm

The best things I found to be added in Fallout 4 were the changes to the crafting systems from weapons to chems and so on, Power Armor, dialogue (yes they weren't as fun as other Fallout games with things like Lady Killer and low intelligence options, but the play character speaking was enjoyable to me), and I also enjoyed the settlement system. The minutemen concept of connecting the Commonwealth under one banner from settlement to settlement as a great concept to me, just not done properly in my opinion. Very tedious if you ask me. An amazing concept all the same. My final thought on Fallout 4 is as a standalone it is an amazing game all it's own. The issue is we all compare it to other Fallout games, which is understandable. Comparing Fallout games will always be rough, but if we look at them as standalone rather than a group I think we can all agree each Fallout game is great in its own right. Even Fallout Shelter.

lzInfinitezl

PostSubject: Re: The best decision in Fallout 4   The best decision in Fallout 4 EmptyMon Oct 14, 2019 12:10 am

@xtheoutcastx I totally forgot about the crafting and voiced protagonist which I agree with you were great decisions by Bethesda. I especially liked the gun modifications compared to the FNV ones. The voiced protagonist was also nice as it adds more personality to the player character.

Deleted your double post as requested.
-Raven
Back to top Go down
Eridonn

Eridonn

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The best decision in Fallout 4   The best decision in Fallout 4 EmptyMon Oct 14, 2019 1:22 am

I think the way they handled dogmeat and codsworth, basically companions overall, still could be so much better but way better than previous fallouts. Their movement and the way they're smart through manuerving through combat (Still not to smart tbh but its bethesda) is much superior

Tekmon_Xonic

PostSubject: Re: The best decision in Fallout 4   The best decision in Fallout 4 EmptyMon Oct 14, 2019 2:31 am

@ gavin gold

I think firearms in general received the biggest overhaul in Fallout history. When it comes to core gunplay and fire fights, it feels like a legitimate first person shooter, which is really awesome. On top of that, the extensive weapon modding system makes it all the more better. I wish I could say the same for Melee Weapons though. Smile
Back to top Go down
c4in

c4in

Character sheet
Name: Curse
Faction: Self

PostSubject: Re: The best decision in Fallout 4   The best decision in Fallout 4 EmptyMon Oct 14, 2019 12:34 pm

The best decision in Fallout 4 you ask? Player made mods to make the game better!

But in all seriousness I kind of liked the power armor system, I don't even use power armors regularly for immersion in FO3 or NV. It just makes my character looks obsolete if I wear it all the time.

guan12

guan12

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The best decision in Fallout 4   The best decision in Fallout 4 EmptyMon Oct 14, 2019 4:52 pm

I kinda like the voiced protagonist, brings a little feel to the game - though I would have like to have several options to choose from. And of course the Power Armor improvement, can't be realistic if we're carrying a suit of PA in our inventory and equipping it when necessary. The Settlement building option is another, hopefully it would be implemented in Elder Scrolls 6 (this would definitely be a dream come true, my own private kingdom)

I seem to have lost a Penny.
Back to top Go down
Lilkrasdog

Lilkrasdog

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The best decision in Fallout 4   The best decision in Fallout 4 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2019 9:49 pm

I did like the new gameplay and power armor systems. Although the power armor systems could have used a bit more work. The new gunwork was a welcome attachment.
Back to top Go down
Kaiser Atlas

Kaiser Atlas

Character sheet
Name: Anthony
Faction: Highlanders
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The best decision in Fallout 4   The best decision in Fallout 4 EmptyFri Oct 25, 2019 1:38 am

@gavin gold i enjoyed the introduction of a new faction instead of reliance on NCR or the Enclave, the institute were fantastic to learn about and see what they'd done, the institute location itself and it's tech, also congrats on colonial my dude

Back to top Go down
Kaiser Atlas

Kaiser Atlas

Character sheet
Name: Anthony
Faction: Highlanders
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The best decision in Fallout 4   The best decision in Fallout 4 EmptyFri Oct 25, 2019 1:38 am

@gavin gold i enjoyed the introduction of a new faction instead of reliance on NCR or the Enclave, the institute were fantastic to learn about and see what they'd done, the institute location itself and it's tech, also congrats on colonial my dude (EDIT: sorry admins i've somehow managed to double post again, you all must be sick of this by now) The best decision in Fallout 4 1f602

Back to top Go down
gavin gold

gavin gold

Character sheet
Name: Gavin Gold
Faction: Mr. House

PostSubject: Re: The best decision in Fallout 4   The best decision in Fallout 4 EmptyFri Oct 25, 2019 8:17 pm

@Kaiser Atlas Thanks, man. I was pretty surprised, especially because there's people with published mods or even more comments and reputation that are not colonial, but hey, i'm happy about it

The best decision in Fallout 4 1f600
Back to top Go down
lordniti2

lordniti2

PostSubject: Re: The best decision in Fallout 4   The best decision in Fallout 4 EmptyFri Oct 25, 2019 10:30 pm

They made power armor actually feel like power armor, Fallout 4 has a few flaws but they handled power armor just right.

Sirdanest

Character sheet
Faction: Dependent
Level: Basement

PostSubject: Re: The best decision in Fallout 4   The best decision in Fallout 4 EmptyFri Nov 08, 2019 5:01 pm

Its dialogue and speech-related things weren't as complex as New Vegas. I liked and miss those things. But other than that, for me it wins on everything else, once its modded properly.
And it can hold twice as many mods as New Vegas without hitting the mod limit, great for me since I need to mod these games in order to not bang my head on the desk in irritation.
I'm really glad the Enclave and an overly goody-goody brotherhood didn't return yet again.
Back to top Go down
Koolaid1022

Koolaid1022

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The best decision in Fallout 4   The best decision in Fallout 4 EmptyMon Mar 16, 2020 12:15 pm

I agree with a lot of you guys when it comes to the gameplay aspect of the game. Gameplay wise, huge improvements over the older games. The gun play is amazing. Story wise, fallout 4 is definitely lacking in that regard compared to the old fallout games. One thing I’ve noticed which I’m sure you guys have as well, is that the previous fallout games are a lot darker and more gritty. The atmosphere of those games felt apocalyptic and it felt like the world did end and that people are just trying to survive however they can at this point. Fallout 4, however, felt a lot more upbeat to me. Fallout 4 doesn’t have a dark and gritty atmosphere with the exception of one or two quests like the Salem museum death claw quest. But fallout 4 didnt give time the same feeling of an apocalyptic world like the previous games did. Preston Garvey is the most optimistic man in all the fallout games and in the whole apocalyptic world lol. That threw me off so bad. But what I do love about fallout 4, it’s that mods can change that. You can turn fallout 4 into a true dark and gritty apocalyptic game. But if we’re speaking vanilla, the previous games have the story and atmospheric part of the game that gets me. Gameplay wise, fallout 4 comes out on top, in my opinion
Back to top Go down
qazwsx6035

qazwsx6035

PostSubject: Re: The best decision in Fallout 4   The best decision in Fallout 4 EmptySun Apr 05, 2020 12:53 pm

The character creator is great, and so is the cutscene system (free to move or even just walk away). Actually being voiced is a mixed bag- the biggest downside is the near impossibility of adding modded quests, since- even you need the original voice actors.
Back to top Go down
BlackOtter123

BlackOtter123

PostSubject: Re: The best decision in Fallout 4   The best decision in Fallout 4 EmptySun Apr 05, 2020 2:58 pm

I liked the Institute reveal. How clean and peaceful it was, despite it being constantly portrayed as the big bad boogeyman faction. I was expecting Think Tank 2.0, you know, industrial, space-age interiors with broken screens and stuff. Meanwhile, the place turned out to be a paradise, so alien that it actually fits.
Back to top Go down
njmanga097

njmanga097

Character sheet
Name: Captain Wick
Faction: Wildfire
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The best decision in Fallout 4   The best decision in Fallout 4 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2020 2:53 pm

Gotta love their level design in this game especially the city ruins and how little streets exists in this virtual concrete jungle. I've played a lot of games for me to say that what they made was pretty amazing despite the technical problems found in that section of the game.

Another good decision that they took with fallout 4 was the fact this game is packed with content and that it's a finished game. It's finished in a way that modding it would be kind of a challenge imo because there's not much stuff to add anymore. You got base building, a comprehensive crafting system, layered armor system, new power armor mechanics, and a neat weather system. The mods I use are just optimization ones like boston previs data fix, fog remover, and load accelerator.
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/noel.manga.art
Wanderer101

Wanderer101

Character sheet
Name: Wanderer
Faction: Reformer Enclave
Level: 24

PostSubject: Re: The best decision in Fallout 4   The best decision in Fallout 4 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2020 9:07 pm

I love the settlement system/base building, the new power armor system, the new crafting system, the new armor system, and companion affinity.

What I hate is the dumbed down RPG mechanics, the lack of guns, the lack of lore consistency (The US's standard assault rifle is the R91. What is this Great War monstrosity you call an Assault Rifle, Bethesda!?), The lack of side quests and large number of radiant quests, the new dialogue system (I don't mind a talking character but the mass effect style dialogue wheel has to go), and Nuka World's lack of a paragon path.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The best decision in Fallout 4   The best decision in Fallout 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

The best decision in Fallout 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next