Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
boomers daryl riot FCOM hunk space vault wolfenstein upgrades boom Gear marvel body mandalorian Ryse khan Reforged money ghoul dead Superpele Mask machine commonwealth Call NPCs
Latest topics
» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Mod load order help Emptyby ZedraxStereo Today at 2:44 am

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Mod load order help Emptyby john96 Yesterday at 5:53 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Mod load order help Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:43 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Mod load order help Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:26 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
Mod load order help Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Mod load order help Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Mod load order help Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
Mod load order help Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
Mod load order help Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Mod load order help Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:29 am

» Late Introduction
Mod load order help Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:29 pm

» Greetings!
Mod load order help Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:01 pm

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
Mod load order help Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:48 am

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
Mod load order help Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Mod load order help Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:52 am

» So I tried my hand at modding...
Mod load order help Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:01 pm

» hi i'm new person
Mod load order help Emptyby Jackfishproductions Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:00 am

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
Mod load order help Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:15 pm

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
Mod load order help Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:18 pm

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
Mod load order help Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:37 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Mod load order help

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ניצן טולדו

ניצן טולדו

Mod load order help Empty
PostSubject: Mod load order help   Mod load order help EmptySun Jul 21, 2019 7:31 pm

Hey I'm new to modding and I don't know if my mod load order is okay. My game always seems to crash when I get to Primm or to Sloan.

I'm using 47 ENB The Sequel.

That's my mod load order:
Load Order:

I added a spoiler tag for your load order so it doesn't take up half the screen. It's best practice to do so, No neg rep given
-Hoppyhead
Back to top Go down
Sensenmann

Sensenmann

PostSubject: Re: Mod load order help   Mod load order help EmptyWed Jul 24, 2019 3:15 pm

Primm and Sloan are both NCR territory, so I suspect that some NPC is causing that issue.

Anyways, first of all, get rid of Mission Mojave. That mod "incorporates" a ton of other mods to fix or add things and is, sorry to say it, shit. Plus, it comes with a couple of mods built in, namely the Uncut Wasteland ones, that you've installed on top, so it's no wonder there are issues. And there is Freeside Open in your loadorder. MMUE and that don't play well together unless you create a merged patch and fix the issues yourself, which I don't see in your loadorder, so yet another reason to not use MMUE.

Use YUP instead and get the things that MMUE adds separately. There is literally no reason to not use it and since it's still being updated it's the best patch mod there is. Period.

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/51664

You also should be using the Unofficial Patch Plus. https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/62953

That fixes things that YUP ain't touching. Note that you'll need the New Vegas Script Extender and the JIP NVSE plugin for it to work. Heck, you might want to install all of the JIP mods but the selective fire one because they are all great.

Next, Electro City is a questionable lighting choice because it's a bloated mess and can corrupt your saves in the long run. Don't use it. Go with FNV RWL instead.

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/52037/?

If you insist on using FCO and NVR3, follow this article https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/articles/55232 to the letter.

Personally I think that Beyond Boulder Dome and New California are overhyped mods of questionable content and value but that's modding for you. Use them, or don't. I wouldn't because the slots they occupy are much better used for better mods...

Also, you need a merged patch. And a bashed patch. Some people might say that this is overkill but that's simply not true. Create a merged patch with FNVEdit (xEdit) and after that create a Bashed patch with Wrye Flash NV.

Personally, for a first time modder I would recommend following the S.T.E.P. guide. Just read all the desciptions for the suggested tools and mods and decide on what you want. It has helpful tips for newbies. https://wiki.step-project.com/User:EssArrBee/FalloutNewVegas#Fallout_Mod_Manager_-_FOMM_-_Fork

And finally, you want Loot, which is linked to in the above mentioned guide. Whenever you are done installing mods and want to test the loadout, run Loot to let it sort your mods. After that, run xEdit to see if it loads without issues. If it stops at any point with an error you'll immediately know what the issue is.

And finally, again Smile, use Mod Organizer 2. It's simply the best mod manager for FNV and despite a mild learning curve it's superior to literally anything else.
Back to top Go down
ניצן טולדו

ניצן טולדו

PostSubject: Re: Mod load order help   Mod load order help EmptyWed Jul 24, 2019 4:27 pm

Sensenmann wrote:
Primm and Sloan are both NCR territory, so I suspect that some NPC is causing that issue.

Anyways, first of all, get rid of Mission Mojave. That mod "incorporates" a ton of other mods to fix or add things and is, sorry to say it, shit. Plus, it comes with a couple of mods built in, namely the Uncut Wasteland ones, that you've installed on top, so it's no wonder there are issues. And there is Freeside Open in your loadorder. MMUE and that don't play well together unless you create a merged patch and fix the issues yourself, which I don't see in your loadorder, so yet another reason to not use MMUE.

Use YUP instead and get the things that MMUE adds separately. There is literally no reason to not use it and since it's still being updated it's the best patch mod there is. Period.

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/51664

You also should be using the Unofficial Patch Plus. https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/62953

That fixes things that YUP ain't touching. Note that you'll need the New Vegas Script Extender and the JIP NVSE plugin for it to work. Heck, you might want to install all of the JIP mods but the selective fire one because they are all great.

Next, Electro City is a questionable lighting choice because it's a bloated mess and can corrupt your saves in the long run. Don't use it. Go with FNV RWL instead.

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/52037/?

If you insist on using FCO and NVR3, follow this article https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/articles/55232 to the letter.

Personally I think that Beyond Boulder Dome and New California are overhyped mods of questionable content and value but that's modding for you. Use them, or don't. I wouldn't because the slots they occupy are much better used for better mods...

Also, you need a merged patch. And a bashed patch. Some people might say that this is overkill but that's simply not true. Create a merged patch with FNVEdit (xEdit) and after that create a Bashed patch with Wrye Flash NV.

Personally, for a first time modder I would recommend following the S.T.E.P. guide. Just read all the desciptions for the suggested tools and mods and decide on what you want. It has helpful tips for newbies. https://wiki.step-project.com/User:EssArrBee/FalloutNewVegas#Fallout_Mod_Manager_-_FOMM_-_Fork

And finally, you want Loot, which is linked to in the above mentioned guide. Whenever you are done installing mods and want to test the loadout, run Loot to let it sort your mods. After that, run xEdit to see if it loads without issues. If it stops at any point with an error you'll immediately know what the issue is.

And finally, again Smile, use Mod Organizer 2. It's simply the best mod manager for FNV and despite a mild learning curve it's superior to literally anything else.

Thank you very much I appreciate your help Big-Hug

The problem was the NVSR when I removed it the game worked fine but thank you for the extra infromation I'll fix my game now!

Also I use Electro City because 47 ENB the sequel isn't compatible with F:NV Realistic Lightning
Back to top Go down
stoobygacks

stoobygacks

Character sheet
Name: Stooby of the Gacks
Faction: New California Republic
Level: FL360

PostSubject: Re: Mod load order help   Mod load order help EmptyWed Jul 24, 2019 5:18 pm

Before you just post your entire load order try this: Download and run FNVedit. This should help you find what mods conflict. Then the program allows you to create a merge patch.

Back to top Go down
Timulika

Timulika

Character sheet
Name: Kerr
Faction: Independent
Level: 50+

PostSubject: Re: Mod load order help   Mod load order help EmptyWed Jul 24, 2019 6:30 pm

Like Sensenmann and stoobygacks said, definitely merge and bash.
You'll find and fix issues and decrease the number of ESPs in your load order.

Sensenmann

PostSubject: Re: Mod load order help   Mod load order help EmptyWed Jul 24, 2019 6:33 pm

ניצן טולדו wrote:

Thank you very much I appreciate your help Big-Hug

The problem was the NVSR when I removed it the game worked fine but thank you for the extra infromation I'll fix my game now!

Also I use Electro City because 47 ENB the sequel isn't compatible with F:NV Realistic Lightning

No problem. Smile

NVSR shouldn't cause any issues or crashes, not even on W10 if you use the right settings. However, you might want to try the NV Tick Fix mod. https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/66537

Works like a charm although you will have to limit your FPS. Nvidia control panel, AMD equivalent, ENB settings, whatever. NVSR does it for you, NVTF doesn't. Still, it's a good option for those who are on W10 and can't, for whatever reason, get NVSR to work as it should.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mod load order help   Mod load order help Empty

Back to top Go down

Mod load order help

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1