Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
Reforged wolfenstein commonwealth boomers Ryse boom mandalorian Superpele Call Mask money body machine gauss vault riot khan ghoul NPCs power hunk Overhaul marvel daryl dead Gear
Latest topics
» A long overdue introduction
Your favorite Fallout - Page 2 Emptyby Athallah Akbar Yesterday at 4:46 pm

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Your favorite Fallout - Page 2 Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
Your favorite Fallout - Page 2 Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Your favorite Fallout - Page 2 Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:22 pm

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Your favorite Fallout - Page 2 Emptyby gavin gold Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Your favorite Fallout - Page 2 Emptyby HardComma Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:42 am

» Hello from nexus
Your favorite Fallout - Page 2 Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Your favorite Fallout - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:06 pm

» The Next fallout
Your favorite Fallout - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Your favorite Fallout - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Your favorite Fallout - Page 2 Emptyby CosmoMods Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:52 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Your favorite Fallout - Page 2 Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:11 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
Your favorite Fallout - Page 2 Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Your favorite Fallout - Page 2 Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Your favorite Fallout - Page 2 Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
Your favorite Fallout - Page 2 Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
Your favorite Fallout - Page 2 Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Your favorite Fallout - Page 2 Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:29 am

» Late Introduction
Your favorite Fallout - Page 2 Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:29 pm

» Greetings!
Your favorite Fallout - Page 2 Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:01 pm

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Your favorite Fallout

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Kaiser Atlas

Kaiser Atlas

Character sheet
Name: Anthony
Faction: Highlanders
Level:

Your favorite Fallout - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Fallout   Your favorite Fallout - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 12, 2019 7:52 pm

@Destroyiin personally i always thought bethesda botched the lore but i preferred the gameplay i'm not ashamed to say i was introduced with fallout 3 and i enjoy it, so you can see why i have to say fallout: new vegas, the story was lot's of fun but it was the DLC that got me every single one, but specifically dead money and old world blues
EDIT: thanks for the post fix

Fixed your double post, have a good day

-The Rabid Dog

Last edited by Kaiser Atlas on Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
famaine

famaine

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Fallout   Your favorite Fallout - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 12, 2019 10:21 pm

for me personally my favorite fallout is fallout 3 due to the fact that its the first fallout ive played as a teen. the story, characters and world pulled me into an experience that i didn't expect possible at that time for me giving me the feeling that theirs no game out like it
Back to top Go down
Sirdanest

Sirdanest

Character sheet
Faction: Dependent
Level: Basement

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Fallout   Your favorite Fallout - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 13, 2019 2:31 am

Kaiser Atlas wrote:
@Destroyiin personally i always thought bethesda botched the lore but i preferred the gameplay i'm not ashamed to say i was introduced with fallout 3 and i enjoy it, so you can see why i have to say fallout: new vegas, the story was lot's of fun but it was the DLC that got me every single one, but specifically dead money and old world blues
EDIT: thanks for the post fix

Fixed your double post, have a good day

-The Rabid Dog
Yeah, a very balanced look at the series.
Yeah it was occuring to me that I can dislike one thing that was done with a sequel, while liking another thing that was done for a sequel.
I liked the apocalyptic look of F3. I like the characters, and the story continued from fallout 2 in New Vegas even if I missed the sheer nuclear ruin of f3.
I liked (very heavily modded) the more expressive follower animation and I liked the settlement system, even though I disliked other aspects of 4. Of course I play a very heavily modded game where you can shoot Preston (and countless other fixes), should I happen to hanker for some quiet.
I liked Skyrim even though they removed the ability scores I'd grown accustomed to... they did some things better Oblivion.
So these games, they're like see-saws for me... one thing goes up and gets better, another goes down.
I was amazed that in fallout 2, playing a 10 intelligence and a 1 intellgience character were almost like two different games. The stupid character had wildly different dialogue and different solutions. Two stupid characters talking to each other would hear each other as eloquent, sensible speakers with a lot to say, while my smart character got nothing from several stupid npcs.
Back to top Go down
KukBuddy

KukBuddy

Character sheet
Name: Hodd Toward
Faction: NOTbethesda
Level: 69

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Fallout   Your favorite Fallout - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 13, 2019 8:49 pm

ritualclarity wrote:
Fallout 3 was my first for the series.. the first for modding, the first for many aspects of gaming. It will always be fondly remembered.

Nice that you love fo3 but i havent played it that much or seriously is more accurate i just remember being a stupid kid using consle commands and killing everybody in the game

Last edited by KukBuddy on Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
burner9875

burner9875

Character sheet
Name: Raul Alfonso Tejada
Faction: Vaquero
Level: 37

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Fallout   Your favorite Fallout - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 14, 2019 3:06 am

My favourite Fallout has to be New Vegas but Fallout 1 is not far behind the atmosphere and feeling of both games fits perfectly and the lore just adds to the games and makes them feel alive and as if your action actually affects the game . As far as it come to Fallout 4 it epitomizes what is wrong with the gaming industry dumbing down great games to attract new customers while putting off and angering the fans that have been around for years.

Your favorite Fallout - Page 2 7a996912
Back to top Go down
gavin gold

gavin gold

Character sheet
Name: Gavin Gold
Faction: Mr. House
Level: 50

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Fallout   Your favorite Fallout - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 14, 2019 7:10 am

I've found both New Vegas and Fallout 4 to be pretty awesome.

New Vegas has more depth. That's a game where there was clearly more effort put into the RPG elements and the story. On the other hand, I've always felt that the devs didn't really seem to like the most distinct elements of the franchise (power armor and energy weapons).

Fallout 4 I think gets a lot of undeserved hate. It's a pretty solid game in my humble opinion. And I love so many of the new features they added (the new power armor look and features, building settlements... )

Having said that, both of them need a fair amount of mods to get them to truly shine. I wish that wasn't the case.
Back to top Go down
Sirdanest

Sirdanest

Character sheet
Faction: Dependent
Level: Basement

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Fallout   Your favorite Fallout - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 14, 2019 2:08 pm

gavin gold wrote:

Having said that, both of them need a fair amount of mods to get them to truly shine. I wish that wasn't the case.

Yeah, I think people remember and love New Vegas in its "modern" modded form. I remember the rage, initially "It's just a mod of fallout 3" "It's too buggy" "I hate the barren setting so much" Who wasn't at least a little disappointed by the Strip when we first saw that walled-in abomination?

But people still see fallout 4 in its mostly vanilla form (and may see it that way forever.) For instance, people are still furious about Preston, but we've been able to put him down permanently for a while now. We've been able to do things like take over the Institute and make friends with the Railroad. And so forth. Fallout 4 may never be modded to the degree that it can "feel" just like New Vegas, with deep dialogue skill checks and all that. But man, just like all Fallout and Elder Scrolls games, the mods fix so much, and thats really not new information about these games.

People forgive Fallout 3 for having very little in the way of main-plot faction choices, but are mad as hell at 4's faction choices, even though 4 has more faction choices than 3's... single choice. There clearly should have been more of an enclave choice, play the other in Broken Steel. But people forgave, more or less, and aren't even half as mad about that as they are about f4's four main choices -- way, way better than f3's faction choices.

NV is my favorite too, but sometimes I want to distance myself from it for those reasons. It set a bar that Bethesda will simply never beat. Never, ever, ever. So the fanbase is stuck in anger mode, for all time to come. Of course then the sad '76 comes along and oh hell, the internet is never going to be happy ever again, because Bethesda isn't even listening to us anymore... I think they know they're never going to make the older fan base happy (and the're right, they don't have the ability to match New Vegas), and just did a "hell with it, let's get all new fans." Your favorite Fallout - Page 2 1f615
Back to top Go down
gavin gold

gavin gold

Character sheet
Name: Gavin Gold
Faction: Mr. House
Level: 50

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Fallout   Your favorite Fallout - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 15, 2019 3:19 am

@"Sirdanest" Yeah, that's something I don't understand. People judge Fallout 4 based on vanilla only as if there's no mods available, but they judge NV based on their 200+ mods game. I mean, have you tried to play vanilla New Vegas? No mods, no enb, just Vanilla? It's pretty bad: It looks awful. It's buggy. The game mechanics are awkward. And performance is... not great.

Fallout lately feels like the neglected brother to TES. But that didn't started with Fallout 4, it's been like that for a long time. Seems like the moment they realized people enjoyed modding their games, they began getting lazy. I think Fallout 76 was doomed from the beginning precisely because those guys have grown so dependent on mods. But it doesn't have to be like that. I've been disconnected from TES for a while but I do have a buddy who plays TES Online and says it's pretty good. That's why I say Bethesda seems to be putting waaay more effort in the TES games than their Fallout games.

On the other hand, Fallout 4 is kilometers away from the utter disaster than some people like to make it seem. Sure, I'd love to have a Fallout game that's as good out of the box as say Red Dead Redemption. But that's just not Bethesda. And what we got is pretty solid.

But I think it might be one of those things that just becomes trendy to mindlessly hate.
Back to top Go down
Justin_ismyname

Justin_ismyname

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Fallout   Your favorite Fallout - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2019 5:55 am

FNV is great but too many scripted events for me to enjoy the game . 9 outta 10 times , I saw npc just appearing out of thin air because a scripted event was about to take place . I roleplay and having to see that more often than not kills my immersion . Everything else is great , the quest , the sounds , the voiceacting and the list goes on but it's not my favorite .

Fallout 4 is my favorite but not because it's better than FNV . I just enjoy the setting more . I find it more immersive even if the story is ... meh at best . I also enjoyed being able to build my own lil camp at selected locations and the followers were pretty good . Overall the game is average and doesn't do anything better than FNV but at the end of the day I enjoy it more . Therefore it's my ''favorite''
Back to top Go down
gakusangi

gakusangi

Character sheet
Name: Vapor Snake
Faction: Dead Fox
Level: 1

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Fallout   Your favorite Fallout - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2020 5:53 pm

Fallout New Vegas is the one I enjoy the most and return to over and over. I love Fallout 1 and 2, I love the creativity and freedom on display...but, I started with Fallout 3, and I loved that "style" of gameplay, and Fallout NV just built on that and brought back a lot of my favorite elements of the first two games while having the gameplay I fell in love with in FO3.
Back to top Go down
Koolaid1022

Koolaid1022

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Fallout   Your favorite Fallout - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 16, 2020 12:03 pm

Fallout 4 was the first fallout game I’ve ever played and I absolutely loved it. The thing about it is, I went to play new Vegas after I played 4, and watched a walkthrough of fallout 3 on YouTube. I’ve noticed that fallout 4 was very different than the past 2 games in the sense of the atmosphere of the game. Fallout 3 and new Vegas was a lot more gritty and dark while fallout 4 was more upbeat and lighthearted it seemed. But now, the only reason fallout 4 is my favorite fallout game is because of the mods, I’ve transformed my game on Xbox to as much of a dark and gritty game. But story wise, fallout 4’s story was definitely not even in league with new Vegas and fallout 3. So if I really think about, if I’m talking about vanilla versions of those games, i think fallout new Vegas is my favorite. But if We’re talking about modded versions of those games, fallout 4 still tops it for me. But I’m definitely not a fan of fallout 4’s story compared to the other fallout games
Back to top Go down
Alonewanderercalledfox

Alonewanderercalledfox

PostSubject: New Vegas   Your favorite Fallout - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 16, 2020 6:49 pm

I started off with Fallout by watching FO3 video's. I found the first few missions in the vault heavily entertaining due to its strange apocalyptic nature.
Whilst at a shop with Grandparents, I discovered NV for about £7. That night I played it for a good few hours. I found it to be really fun. I continued to play it for the remaining weeks. I then discovered modding and then bought the game ( including DLC ) on my laptop. As I discovered more mods I began to realise that some of them were made for better PC's. I then bought a gaming PC. As time went on I began to play FNV a lot more. It's story's incredibly entertaining. It's soundtrack is beautiful. And the lore is just as good as the feeling of killing Cazadores.
Back to top Go down
Dynorph

Dynorph

Character sheet
Name: Fozzie
Faction: Reilly's Rangers
Level: 30

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Fallout   Your favorite Fallout - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 16, 2020 7:32 pm

I wasn't too familiar with the Fallout franchise and lore until like, two to three years ago. It all started with my friend, which purchased Fallout 4 and gave me a promo code which gave me 
Fallout 3. I was kind of bad at it, didn't knew correctly what to do in-game, but I sure had fun with it.

After I got a way more decent computer, I started playing Fallout 4 with the influence of watching my friend play it. I had loads of fun while playing it, and it's possibly my favorite looter-shooter, except for the Borderlands franchise.

Then I decided to purchase New Vegas after some months. At first my relationship with it was very similar to the one I had with Fallout 3, possibly due to the enormous amount of shooters I used to play back then. After getting used to the gameplay presented in New Vegas, it easily turned out as my favorite Fallout titles.

Obsidian's touch, besides rushed, made a unique Fallout experience, bringing content of the isometric RPG that used to be to the new era 3D FPS-RPG. New Vegas has everything that a good Fallout game needs, including good developed writing, unique perk mechanics, strategized combat and, of course, a popular modding community.

I never liked isometric RPGs enough to get entertained with Fallout 1 and 2, and I don't pretend on buying Fallout 76, so New Vegas wins this.

- Mobius, Klein and Dala

Your favorite Fallout - Page 2 76561198336777994
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4VPxZud--VJ-LTOjLajVGw?view_as
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Fallout   Your favorite Fallout - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Your favorite Fallout

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2