Gaming Underground Network

Come for the Mods, Stay for the Community!

HomeCalendarInterviewsFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Info Panel
Stay Connected

Your favorite Fallout 963578843666749.3281.984305707
_
July 2019
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Your favorite Fallout

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Destroyiin

Destroyiin

Your favorite Fallout Empty
PostSubject: Your favorite Fallout   Your favorite Fallout EmptyWed Jul 03, 2019 10:44 pm

Interesting to hear what y’all favorite fallout is and the general consensus on Fallout 4 here. Do you think it is a solid sequel, massive dissapointment, or something else?

EDIT: Sorry for the name, my app bugged out and the topic was published before I finished writing it.

Last edited by The Rabid Dog on Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixed topic's title)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ahyuser001

ahyuser001

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Fallout   Your favorite Fallout EmptyThu Jul 04, 2019 4:02 am

Fallout 2 is my personal favorite Fallout since it was the one the I grew up with and I am still playing it though not as frequently as I did when I was younger.

I view Fallout 4 as a half-assed project by Bethesda. There were so many new and interesting features that was not expanded upon. For example the crafting mechanic is awesome however it feels so basic that it just let's you craft consumable items and exchange weapon/armor parts. They could have expanded on this by adding craftable makeshift weapons and armor or added a more interesting way to repair items.

Fallout 4 was a disappointing game but it isn't a bad one(not as bad a Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel anyway). You could probably get enjoyment out of it especially when modded.

Will there be enough Dakka?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Deeshuur

Deeshuur

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Fallout   Your favorite Fallout EmptyThu Jul 04, 2019 9:41 pm

I'd say New Vegas is my favorite un-modded, and with mods it is even better.

In terms of Fallout 4, it certainly lacked the magic of earlier releases. Initially got it on consoles when it released, and it was honestly quite dull. I played one run and then dropped it. All the bugs I encountered also didn't help, and pretty much all of them I could have dealt with myself had I got it on PC and had access to the console.

I'd say it was your typical Bethesda game, built to serve more as a skeleton for the modding community to fix and make great, rather than just be a great game by itself.

bosslog

bosslog

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Fallout   Your favorite Fallout EmptySun Jul 07, 2019 1:54 am

My favorite game in the series has to be New Vegas, but it's a close call. When I got fallout 3 it became my favorite game hands down and reigned above all other platform releases as the king. NV came in eventually, and even though it was rushed as all heck I thought obsidian did a great job showing why THEY were the creators of the franchise.

Fallout 4 on the other hand was a major disappointment to me. Fallout has always been a great RPG in my eyes but this title was lacking when it came to it's writing and characters. Don't get me wrong the gunplay is great, but I never grew attached to the characters or towns or stories like I did in new vegas.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kaevire

Kaevire

Character sheet
Name: Revenant
Faction: N7
Level: ∞

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Fallout   Your favorite Fallout EmptySun Jul 07, 2019 5:01 am

My favorite Fallout game is probably New Vegas, it was my first game in the series and it'll always be one of my favorite games of all time. It's given me a lot of great memories over the past several years and I love how I can personalize my experience time and time again with mods.

As for Fallout 4, I reckon it's an okay game. I had a lot of fun with Fallout 4, however I'm not nearly as attached to Fallout 4 as I am for New Vegas. I'll always have nostalgia for the Fallout 4 hype train though, lol.

View user profile
TheThompsonBoss

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Fallout   Your favorite Fallout EmptySun Jul 07, 2019 5:12 am

Probably like alot on the GUNetwork would say. New Vegas is my favorite. It was my introduction to the Fallout series, and I just loved the whole western aspect of the game. Fallout 3 is a solid game too, but I wasn't a big fan of more dirt landscape with collapsed buildings. I've not played the original two Fallouts, but I have them on Steam. I just need to download and play.

As for Fallout 4, I like it. I really do. However with that said. It's not flawless. As people have pointed out. It lacks severely on RPG elements. Not to mention all endings are terrible. Why? Because they're identical! Just mix and swap the factions. However despite it's flaws. FO4 did improve on the series. Gun combat is so much better, I love what they did with the Pip-Boy and Power Armor, and despite what others say I love Legendary Enemies and Legendary Weapons. Also. Customizing your weapons and armor is a huge plus! The only thing I wasn't too wild about was the Vault Suit, but I think surprisingly FO76 improved on that. But yeah. Overall FO4 is great, but not perfect.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ninodeawesome

ninodeawesome

Character sheet
Name: Dorian
Faction: Independent
Level: 26

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Fallout   Your favorite Fallout EmptyThu Jul 11, 2019 10:23 pm

Originally I got introduced to Fallout by Fallout 3 playthroughs by RadBrad and SSoHPKC and I was really intrigued by the fact your character grew up. But when I bought the game for PS3, bought the wrong one, played for a couple of minutes and it wasn't the one I wanted so I didn't touch it for a while for like a year then I started watching guides on it and I decided to pick it back up and fell in love with the game. Then I got a PC and played it on here as well as all the other Fallouts (1,2,3)

IMO Fallout 4 is a really good game, just like Spiderman Homecoming is a good movie, but it's not a good Fallout game. your choices don't really matter, the endings have like no difference and it just feels way more like a first person shooter with dialouge choices then the level of RPG New Vegas brought

TLathrop33

TLathrop33

Character sheet
Name: Trevor
Faction: NCR
Level: 50

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Fallout   Your favorite Fallout EmptySat Jul 13, 2019 1:13 am

The very first Fallout I played was FO3. It was for the 360 and my control sticks were inverted so I sold it to a buddy and never got into it. Played Skyrim and loved it so I bought Fallout 4 and loved it. Modded it a bunch Thought it was an amazing RPG.....

That was until I played New Vegas. I just feel like the quests and the all the decisions you have to make in NV are so much more difficult than anything in 4. Like others above me have said, in Fallout 4 there is basically no different outcome based on the choices you make. I remember only one quest being somewhat complicated with a lot of different outcomes in FO4 (Diamond City Blues) and that's probably my favorite quest in the whole game, whereas New Vegas has a TON of quests with even more tough decisions and different outcomes. I actually feel bad about some of the things that I have to do in New Vegas, regardless of which faction I am siding with. Obsidian really did a great job.

I really need to play Fallout 1 and 2. I've watched videos and they look like they have a great story I just don't know if I could get myself to play them.

All in all I have enjoyed every Fallout game I have played but New Vegas is definitely by far my favorite over 3 and 4.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Fallout   Your favorite Fallout Empty

Back to top Go down

Your favorite Fallout

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1