Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
boomers machine commonwealth daryl body Superpele wolfenstein dead Gear ghoul Ryse marvel FCOM riot mandalorian boom upgrades Mask NPCs hunk vault khan Call space money Reforged
Latest topics
» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Can you use a power fist and firearm at the sime time? Emptyby ZedraxStereo Today at 2:44 am

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Can you use a power fist and firearm at the sime time? Emptyby john96 Yesterday at 5:53 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Can you use a power fist and firearm at the sime time? Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:43 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Can you use a power fist and firearm at the sime time? Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:26 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
Can you use a power fist and firearm at the sime time? Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Can you use a power fist and firearm at the sime time? Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Can you use a power fist and firearm at the sime time? Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
Can you use a power fist and firearm at the sime time? Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
Can you use a power fist and firearm at the sime time? Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Can you use a power fist and firearm at the sime time? Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:29 am

» Late Introduction
Can you use a power fist and firearm at the sime time? Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:29 pm

» Greetings!
Can you use a power fist and firearm at the sime time? Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:01 pm

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
Can you use a power fist and firearm at the sime time? Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:48 am

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
Can you use a power fist and firearm at the sime time? Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Can you use a power fist and firearm at the sime time? Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:52 am

» So I tried my hand at modding...
Can you use a power fist and firearm at the sime time? Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:01 pm

» hi i'm new person
Can you use a power fist and firearm at the sime time? Emptyby Jackfishproductions Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:00 am

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
Can you use a power fist and firearm at the sime time? Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:15 pm

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
Can you use a power fist and firearm at the sime time? Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:18 pm

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
Can you use a power fist and firearm at the sime time? Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:37 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Can you use a power fist and firearm at the sime time?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Can you use a power fist and firearm at the sime time? Empty
PostSubject: Can you use a power fist and firearm at the sime time?   Can you use a power fist and firearm at the sime time? EmptyTue Jun 04, 2019 11:35 am

In fallout lore, (not in game) can a person hold and use a firearm and a power fist or ballistic fist etc... at the same time ?

And also what was the real purpose of the power fists in the pre war time. Some of them seem to be used to industrial work (industrial hand), others to self defense (ballistic fist) and some to conter power armor (paladin toaster), whats your opinion overhaul.
Back to top Go down
McKaby

McKaby

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Can you use a power fist and firearm at the sime time?   Can you use a power fist and firearm at the sime time? EmptyTue Jun 04, 2019 12:34 pm

We haven't got anything in lore, but here's my thoughts on the different types.

Fallout 1 & 2 - They are basically a glove with some servos, so I would say "Winter equipment grip" so most pistols would be out.

Fallout 1 "Mega Power First" - similar to above, but has green glowing bits, along with the spiked knuckles, so again I would say "Winter equipment grip" but a bit more difficult.

Fallout Tactics - same as above but less glowing bits, so I would say the same.

Fallout Tactics' "Impact gloves" - Heavy gloves with wrist support and long spikes on the front of the knuckles, should be safe to use rifles and pistols.

Fallout Brotherhood of Steel - Electrified one with an on-off switch, but looks like a thick leather glove, so should be easier to use with all guns and pistols.

"Van Buren" - Icon looks like a medieval armoured gauntlet, so should be a bit thick, but doable with pistols and rifles.

Fallout 3 & NV - We've seen that you can still manoeuvrer your fingers, but have a large pad (the trigger mechanism for the pneumatic system) over the upper part of the fingers, so I would say doable, but be very careful.

Fallout NV's "Beartrap Fist" - Forget it.

Fallout 4 - Forget it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can you use a power fist and firearm at the sime time?   Can you use a power fist and firearm at the sime time? EmptyTue Jun 04, 2019 2:24 pm

@"McKaby"  "Fallout NV's "Beartrap Fist" - Forget it" - I laughted more than i should with that one...
Al
so dindnt know Van Buren had power fists, really wished I could play it. 
 But yeah I think the same they probably are a complementar weapons for close quarters.
Back to top Go down
McKaby

McKaby

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Can you use a power fist and firearm at the sime time?   Can you use a power fist and firearm at the sime time? EmptyTue Jun 04, 2019 3:42 pm

Aye, I see them as more of a "lets go over the top" deal for melee than a knife, with the added bonus of not being able to be knocked out of the hand.

But the "firing mechanism" in all of them are a little off putting if there isn't a safe toggle switch.
Back to top Go down
Eridonn

Eridonn

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Can you use a power fist and firearm at the sime time?   Can you use a power fist and firearm at the sime time? EmptyTue Jun 04, 2019 3:48 pm

im sure there is a toggle switch, but i see them as a way as intimidation against raiders or a counter against robots that u lure towards u and surprise them, or even power armored enemies.

PostSubject: Re: Can you use a power fist and firearm at the sime time?   Can you use a power fist and firearm at the sime time? EmptyTue Jun 04, 2019 5:48 pm

Rly ? A toogle switch ? Nice ! F@ck I want a ballistic fist and know....(and dont take this the other way.... Don't do it or Lord Caesar will spank my ass)
Back to top Go down
ahyuser001

ahyuser001

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Can you use a power fist and firearm at the sime time?   Can you use a power fist and firearm at the sime time? EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 5:42 am

It depends on the power fist. The type that works like a glove like the displacer and the ballistic fist can let you hold a small firearm and can let your finger fit the trigger guard.

The industrial ones like the newer power fists requires your fingers to operate the power fist which would hinder your from grabbing a firearm with the same hand.

This question also makes me wonder why the game lets players wearing power armor wield firearms. How does that huge finger fit the trigger guard? closed eyes smile

Will there be enough Dakka?
Back to top Go down
njmanga097

njmanga097

Character sheet
Name: Captain Wick
Faction: Wildfire
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Can you use a power fist and firearm at the sime time?   Can you use a power fist and firearm at the sime time? EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 12:35 pm

In the current state of the games, you can't. If ever BGS thinks of implementing that system, they have to revamp the equipment slots in a way that you could equip a power fist at your left hand and a pistol at your right. I also believe that with a mechanic such as that, dual wielding is more than possible now. Of course this is all wishful thinking. Imagine crippling an enemy with a 45/70 govt to the knee then finishing it off with a punch to the face resulting in a headsplosion.
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/noel.manga.art
d_ahat

d_ahat

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Can you use a power fist and firearm at the sime time?   Can you use a power fist and firearm at the sime time? EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 2:04 pm

Well, there is a mod, that add implant, like servos on your arm, but it's not a power fist. Just look and +some stats. Mostly cosmetic.

PostSubject: Re: Can you use a power fist and firearm at the sime time?   Can you use a power fist and firearm at the sime time? EmptyThu Jun 06, 2019 12:05 am

@"ahyuser001" I was wondering the same, maybe power armor units manly use heavy guns, or melee weapons like kinetic hammers.

@"njmanga097" That would be extremly satisfying...
Back to top Go down
ahyuser001

ahyuser001

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Can you use a power fist and firearm at the sime time?   Can you use a power fist and firearm at the sime time? EmptyThu Jun 06, 2019 3:16 am

@Vizsla That was what I was thinking. Power Armor, at least in my mind, was used as mobile armor that uses heavy ordinance like missile launchers, 50 cal machine guns, gatling guns, energy weapons, etc.

There is no way that those suits could use small arms.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can you use a power fist and firearm at the sime time?   Can you use a power fist and firearm at the sime time? EmptyMon Jun 10, 2019 11:13 pm

@"ahyuser001" Like a one man mobile tank/shock trooper right ?! They could had a little flavor by making the use of power armor have a disanvatge of like -20% to small guns etc... But thats just me complicating things in my mind.
Back to top Go down
ahyuser001

ahyuser001

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Can you use a power fist and firearm at the sime time?   Can you use a power fist and firearm at the sime time? EmptyTue Jun 11, 2019 5:51 am

@Vizsla To me it is a matter of immersion. You could just restrict small arms entirely but buff up resistances towards kinetic damage when wearing a suit of power armor.

It looks silly to look at a someone wearing power armor holding an AR rifle for example when the finger is tightly fitted in the trigger guard. And how about the trigger itself won't it get broken when you shove a huge metal finger into the trigger guard closed eyes smile

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can you use a power fist and firearm at the sime time?   Can you use a power fist and firearm at the sime time? Empty

Back to top Go down

Can you use a power fist and firearm at the sime time?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1