Gaming Underground Network

Come for the Mods, Stay for the Community!

HomeCalendarInterviewsFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Info Panel
Stay Connected

[FNV]What is better? 963578843666749.3281.984305707
_
April 2019
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

[FNV]What is better?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
d_ahat

d_ahat

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

[FNV]What is better? Empty
PostSubject: [FNV]What is better?   [FNV]What is better? EmptyMon Feb 18, 2019 10:52 am

Ok, there is a lot of mods, that do same and not compatible with each other. Some are old, some are new. And,since not so many ppl play FNV, u cannot always choose by endorsements or by posts. So, i think, that it is good to have a topic about that. Personally i do wonder a lot:)

And here is first one:

What is better?

- Nevada Skies or FNV Realistic Wasteland Lighting.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vicks

Vicks

Character sheet
Name: Vicks
Faction: GUNners
Level: Colonial

PostSubject: Re: [FNV]What is better?   [FNV]What is better? EmptyMon Feb 18, 2019 11:02 am

FNV Realistic Wasteland Lighting

In my opinion, it looks better and most ENBs use it over Nevada Skies. Also, Nevada Skies has a lot of extra weathers that most don’t want. You can disable the features but there is no MCM menu, it’s a Pipboy item you have to equip, then you will be able to pick and choose what features you want but the menu is poorly laid out IMO. It’s not easy to find exactly what you want.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
d_ahat

d_ahat

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: [FNV]What is better?   [FNV]What is better? EmptyWed Feb 20, 2019 1:25 pm

Hmm, i may placed this at wrong category. Since it's mostly discussion. Looks like only me wonder about this:))

And -since u mention ENB - let see about this:

What is better - ENB, ReShade or ReShade with ENB?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
OfficerDornanFett

OfficerDornanFett

Character sheet
Name: Ace Howard
Faction: Mercenary/Bounty Hunter
Level: 84

PostSubject: Re: [FNV]What is better?   [FNV]What is better? EmptyWed Feb 20, 2019 1:46 pm

ENB. I don't see any real reshades popping around in NV. ENBs can make your game visually aesthetic without taking that much of FPS.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
d_ahat

d_ahat

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: [FNV]What is better?   [FNV]What is better? EmptyFri Feb 22, 2019 1:34 pm

Well, depends on what u are running game:)) Almost same effect i can get with ReShade -cost about 1 to max 10 FPS loss if i do it to look like heaviest ENB. And that at office computer:)) Not at gaming one:)
Also - there is one ReShade preset atm - combo with SweetFX.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vicks

Vicks

Character sheet
Name: Vicks
Faction: GUNners
Level: Colonial

PostSubject: Re: [FNV]What is better?   [FNV]What is better? EmptyFri Feb 22, 2019 3:57 pm

I prefer ENB. If you have the hardware to run it, It's so much better than a ReShade.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
d_ahat

d_ahat

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: [FNV]What is better?   [FNV]What is better? EmptyThu Mar 07, 2019 11:16 am

Ok, next one - hope more ppl this time:

Adding weapons to game and NPC.

So - we have Millenia-personally do not like, but that's me.
F4 Weapons.
Mojave terror
Heffy Ak -adds AK and M16
Old one - Book of Earache
The Armory-at moddb - some sort of Aztec fixed version.
Also -there is several Russians like Pack of Guns.

O and pls some1 move this to Discussion - i think that's the place for it.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
jacoboriley

jacoboriley

PostSubject: Re: [FNV]What is better?   [FNV]What is better? EmptyThu Mar 07, 2019 4:32 pm

@d_ahat wrote:

O and pls some1 move this to Discussion - i think that's the place for it.

Done. Glad you noticed and you can ignore the PM I sent.

TheRatDragon

TheRatDragon

Character sheet
Name: Matthew
Faction: USMC
Level: Applicant

PostSubject: Re: [FNV]What is better?   [FNV]What is better? EmptyThu Mar 07, 2019 4:48 pm

@d_ahat

There's a few mods that you listed that I'm familiar with but there's one mod that adds NPCs ALL over the wasteland and can be modified with the MCM menu to turn your Mojave into a more populated area or a downright warzone in some areas. It's called Increased Wasteland Spawns or IWS, I love the mod and I can't go without it in a playthrough. However, it is very script heavy, and if you don't have a capable rig but I'm assuming you do cause you're listing all these different mods. Give it a shot and then determine if you still would like to keep it or not. And also, if you need ESP slots when you're running out of space for plugins, just merge the files that are related to the spawning of civilians, military, and town guards. I also highly recommend REpopulated Wasteland, it's a updated version of Populated Wasteland but WITHOUT the military like the NCR and the Legion being modified or added in parts of the mojave. However, I have a damn good rig so I have both the outdated Populated Wasteland and the REpopulated version. In addition, if you don't wanna get both and just get the REpopulated version, get the Military Enhancement Project, it adds more NCR and Legion to their respective bases and outposts and areas where they are like the Fort and Camp McCarran. But I have all 3 cause my rig is badass but I get like 30 fps so yeah. I don't mind fps as long as it ain't 1 fps.

As for Weapons, I recommend everything you listed except Russian mod packs, russian sites are dangerous and more often than not have viruses or other nasty shit that you don't want. Plus, on my old computer, I downloaded a russian armor and weapon mod that was ported from some Russian game and it was a great mod but I almost lost my Steam and Ubisoft account cause my shit got fished  but I recovered them before the would be new owner of my accounts got it (He also paid money for both of the accounts cause I found my account name and both accounts being sold on some Russian account trading site. He paid a lot of fucking rubles for my shit and even bought me Ghost Recon Wildlands, I was so happy he got fucked), point is, don't go on those websites and don't download their shit unless you check that the sites are secure and if they are, check the downloads for viruses on a virus checker website without downloading the mod. Also, I know how to read Russian and speak Russian (semi fluently) so I know what I'm reading on these sites but your average modder or person who's looking for rare gems on sites that are foreign to them such as these types of sites I just mentioned are dangerous, especially if you aren't Russian but judging by your picture, you're either Russian or Ukrainian, I'll go with Russian. This isn't just a warning for you, it's for anyone who reads this post. Enter these sites at your own personal peril.

I JUST downloaded Heffy AK and M16 and I love the mod and out of all those mods, Millenia's and Heffy's pack are the ones I RECOMMEND the MOST.

As for weather, I recommend Nevada Skies with ENBs. Make sure you get the Ultimate Edition ENB version of Nevada Skies. And also, use an ENB WITHOUT Reshade. Both do the same thing, one does a better and more in depth job at making your game look better and thats ENB. I recommend Overgrowth ENB, Dynamo ENB, or Rudy ENB. But choose one ONLY.

Let me know if you need any more ideas and suggestions.

[FNV]What is better? Tenor
Back to top Go down
View user profile
d_ahat

d_ahat

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: [FNV]What is better?   [FNV]What is better? EmptyFri Mar 08, 2019 12:11 am

[FNV]What is better? 1f604Pic is just for fun - my toon and ppl with him has to come from somewhere in game:)
All depends on sites, but yes u are right. Also - some mods are available only there - even mods from Master_Shifu-old ones:) But, while i do speak/use Russian - translate mod, with lvl list, spawns etc. - not easy at all:)
Since i still use NVEC and PN and AWOP + more - i got NPC almost at every step:) But yes - thous are good.
Recently i got URWLNV_Ultimate - so testing now:)So far so good, but will see:)

AND - TY for that post - really hope ppl to read all in it- especially about sites.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [FNV]What is better?   [FNV]What is better? Empty

Back to top Go down

[FNV]What is better?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gaming Underground Network :: Fallout :: Discussion-