Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
daryl dead riot money hunk Reforged Ryse wolfenstein ghoul body Overhaul boomers Mask commonwealth NPCs khan Gear marvel Call Superpele mandalorian machine boom vault gauss power
Latest topics
» A long overdue introduction
Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? - Page 3 Emptyby Athallah Akbar Yesterday at 11:46 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? - Page 3 Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? - Page 3 Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? - Page 3 Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:22 am

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? - Page 3 Emptyby gavin gold Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:22 am

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? - Page 3 Emptyby HardComma Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:42 pm

» Hello from nexus
Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? - Page 3 Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? - Page 3 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:06 pm

» The Next fallout
Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? - Page 3 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? - Page 3 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? - Page 3 Emptyby CosmoMods Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:52 pm

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? - Page 3 Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:11 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? - Page 3 Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:21 pm

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? - Page 3 Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:27 am

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? - Page 3 Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? - Page 3 Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? - Page 3 Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? - Page 3 Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:29 am

» Late Introduction
Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? - Page 3 Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:29 pm

» Greetings!
Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? - Page 3 Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:01 am

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Tyls

Tyls

Character sheet
Name: Madwolf
Faction: Independant
Level: Ultimate

Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again?   Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2019 7:36 am

No, no and no.
1/ TTW : Fallout 3 with FNV gameplay
2/ Due to the lack of time Bethesda accorded to Obsidian, FNV is an empty worldspace that needs to be increased by mods.
3/ Boulder Dome ports some content from the unachieved Fallout Van Buren.
4/ Fallout New California
5/ Mods expected when I'm staring at the stars : Frontier and The way of the Chosen.
6/ Our incredible modding community that provides us so much great mods that we could ignore.

TrailBlazr

PostSubject: Re: Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again?   Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2019 9:04 pm

I wouldn't mind playing vanilla, just because usually don't mind playing games that have great concepts but not so great visuals. However, I am just starting to mod it now, so this opinion might not age very well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again?   Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 09, 2019 7:33 pm

Unlike fallout 4 and skyrim, iv been able to finish the base game and side quests around about 5 play throughs without the need for mods, so ima have to say i can enjoy FoNV without any mods, tho the saying ''once you go jew nothing else will do'' applies to this, its hard to enjoy the vanilla game after mods, though not so much compeard to skyrim or fo4 lol, skyrim i think i done two play throughs unmodded? fallout4 i couldnt even make it half way on my first playthrough without modding and cheating it was that shite, but yeah falloutNV always had that place in my head where i could play it unmodded and enjoy it lol, tho ima admit it was mostly for the DLC 0.o
Back to top Go down
Sonichu_fanboy

Sonichu_fanboy

PostSubject: Re: Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again?   Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 11, 2019 9:15 am

Fallout 3 and NV with DLC have that charm that jut cannot be replicated with TTW or a modded experience. With F3, it's just nostalgia, but NV is definitely an enjoyable experience even vanilla

callabar

Character sheet
Name: Danny
Faction: Scoia'Tael
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again?   Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 11, 2019 11:01 am

I can't stand Fallout 3 without TTW now. Waaaaaaay too buggy to play on my system, and while I own an extra copy on the xbox, it doesn't have mods and just isn't as good..

TheCrimsonBuckr

Character sheet
Name: The Lost Ranger
Faction: Desert Rangers
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again?   Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 11, 2019 1:18 pm

I prefer Chocolate New Vegas-

but yea, I agree- plus once you beat the game 5 times, well... it's still WAAAAAY fun and great, and I will always love beating House to death with the golf club lol
but sometimes just want some new quests to do.

like the honest hearts redone mod.
Back to top Go down
Voyevoda1

Voyevoda1

Character sheet
Name: Eli Sawyer
Faction: Independent
Level: 48

PostSubject: Re: Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again?   Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2019 11:57 am

I actually played NV vanilla back in the summer of last year. It eventually would spur me on to save up for a PC as it had been too long without it.

On one hand it is interesting to play the game as intended. There is enough story there to keep anyone going long enough. Even though obsidian didn't really have a fair go at NV because of a restircted Dev time, the world still manages to feel whole and alive.

What I found the strangest was how my mind filled in the blanks, like a phantom memory of some sorts. My previous modded playthroughs had gave me such a further and deeper experience as a whole, and modded content seemed to fit so perfectly into that world, and often I would walk by areas expecting to see what wasn't there. Walking by Primm I would expect to see Randall & Associates shack, I would walk by the hidden door in Primm looking for my die hard bag and my wedding ring I had left behind. I walked by what used to be the Short Stick Saloon in Novac etc.

Ignorance is bliss in terms of you can't miss what you've never had, and that applies to NV as well. Once you've experienced more, it's hard to go back. The once alive world feels more flat and two dimensional, and your precious overhauls leave the base textures a little lackluster. For what the game is, it can still be enjoyed with it's DLC. But now that I am back on PC, I think last year would be my last run through of vanilla NV.

"We're not tools of the government, or anyone else. Fighting was the only thing I was ever good at...but atleast I fought for what I believed in."
Back to top Go down
https://account.xbox.com/en-gb/Profile?xr=mebarnav&rtc=1
Timulika

Timulika

Character sheet
Name: Kerr
Level: 50+

PostSubject: Re: Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again?   Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2019 8:55 pm

I played vanilla accidentally a couple of weeks ago...I turned all my mods off to find a conflict and got sidetracked. I didn't get back to the game until 2 days later and forgot I turned all the mods off.

I was SHOCKED at the difference. I started walking around looking at everything. It's amazing how different it all was. I had forgotten how much the mods changed. Things I expected to see weren't there and things I didn't remember being there were suddenly there. The landscape is WAY different.

Back to the question...after that day I think no. No, I wouldn't play vanilla. I'm way too used to the gameplay and visual changes now.

Timulika

Character sheet
Name: Kerr
Level: 50+

PostSubject: Re: Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again?   Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2019 8:56 pm

I played vanilla accidentally a couple of weeks ago...I turned all my mods off to find a conflict and got sidetracked. I didn't get back to the game until 2 days later and forgot I turned all the mods off.

I was SHOCKED at the difference. I started walking around looking at everything. It's amazing how different it all was. I had forgotten how much the mods changed. Things I expected to see weren't there and things I didn't remember being there were suddenly there. The landscape is WAY different.

Back to the question...after that day I think no. No, I wouldn't play vanilla. I'm way too used to the gameplay and visual changes now.

gakusangi

Character sheet
Name: Vapor Snake
Faction: Dead Fox
Level: 1

PostSubject: Re: Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again?   Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2020 1:54 pm

I can, and have...on a PS3 with no mod options. I prefer PC with my mod list, but I can easily jump back into the vanilla game, just not if I had other options.
Back to top Go down
blahblahblah

blahblahblah

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again?   Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2020 6:35 pm

I mean on PS3? Im forced to. Worst experience because of the memory bug but thats how i was introduced to New Vegas. It was the best experience despite the bugs.

PC? Impossible, cant do it. 4GB patcher, Yukigachi patch, and New Vegas Tick Fix, are essential. Im too addicted to FNV mod community

sparkythewondersquid

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again?   Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2020 8:32 pm

I tried to then it was well I at least need this mod and well 86 mods ago...
Back to top Go down
gakusangi

gakusangi

Character sheet
Name: Vapor Snake
Faction: Dead Fox
Level: 1

PostSubject: Re: Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again?   Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 17, 2020 9:01 am

I'm actually still in the ongoing process of making my game play smooth and stable. I know I have a monstrous amount of mods and that some performance impact is just inevitable, BUT...I also know I haven't taken all the steps I could have at the start to make the game play better.
Back to top Go down
sparkythewondersquid

sparkythewondersquid

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again?   Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 17, 2020 9:13 am

gakusangi wrote:
I'm actually still in the ongoing process of making my game play smooth and stable.  I know I have a monstrous amount of mods and that some performance impact is just inevitable, BUT...I also know I haven't taken all the steps I could have at the start to make the game play better.

I've worked for a long time to get a smooth great running game. I have 142 active mods but also several merged so maybe around 170 total? Feel free to PM me if you would like some config tips its a lot of trial and error but any tips may help right?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again?   Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3