Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
dead boomers daryl Call vault khan upgrades NPCs hunk space machine commonwealth Mask riot body marvel money Ryse mandalorian wolfenstein Reforged ghoul boom Gear FCOM Superpele
Latest topics
» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? Emptyby ZedraxStereo Yesterday at 10:44 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? Emptyby john96 Yesterday at 1:53 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:43 pm

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:26 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:21 pm

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:27 am

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:29 am

» Late Introduction
Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:29 pm

» Greetings!
Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:01 am

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? Emptyby gamerdude7892 Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:48 pm

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:52 am

» So I tried my hand at modding...
Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:01 pm

» hi i'm new person
Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? Emptyby Jackfishproductions Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:00 pm

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:15 am

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:18 am

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:37 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
RangerGUN

RangerGUN

Character sheet
Name: Connor
Faction: Yes Man
Level: 50

Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? Empty
PostSubject: Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again?   Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? EmptyThu Feb 14, 2019 5:12 am

For my time playing Fallout New Vegas, I've played it mostly vanilla because of the consoles. Then roughly two years ago, I returned to New Vegas and I always wanted to come back playing with mods. My aim is to improve the visuals and some parts of the gameplay here and there. If I changed too much of the gameplay or installed quest mods, it would feel less like New Vegas, I enjoy the way it is because that's what made me like the game in the first place (except the bugs, of course). But I wondered, could I play the game again without any mods? Maybe I couldn't live without the YUP bug patch, anti-crash, 4GB and the Stutter Remover mods due to the game having technical problems.

There are mods like the Joshua Graham and Ulysses companion mods, to me, story wise, they should have been companions. The Legion are trying to take over Mojave and destroy the fabric of society that's managed to have been rebuilt since the Great War. There are times where peace should prevail, then there is a time of action that people must take up arms against a fascist regime that can't be convinced to step down. Perhaps Joshua and Ulysses should return to the Mojave and help you win this war. That's why those two companion mods are great. Lastly, the Fallout Character Overhaul I like using is essential, for me. The models Bethesda created for the human models in Fallout 3 just didn't look good and sadly that had to be used in New Vegas.

What do you think? Can you play the game again without visual or gameplay enhancing mods? Can you play vanilla New Vegas, or Fallout 3 for that matter?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5M7SmqSLkPA7pufjgV00Vw?view_as
c4in

c4in

Character sheet
Name: Curse
Faction: Self
Level: 50

PostSubject: Re: Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again?   Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? EmptyThu Feb 14, 2019 6:26 am

I would not play vanilla New Vegas (or Fallout 3) ever again, mods enhances gameplay and visuals too much.

I played both games without any mods years ago before I even introduced myself to modding games. Any game which has mods I can't play without mods, like Witcher series and Fallout 2 with Killap's Restoration Project and so on.

It's like addiction.

ahyuser001

ahyuser001

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again?   Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? EmptyThu Feb 14, 2019 7:03 am

Probably not because the game wouldn't even work properly without the 4GB patcher, Yukichigai Unofficial Patch, CASM, NVAC and NVSR on my rig.

Will there be enough Dakka?
Back to top Go down
Hoppyhead

Hoppyhead

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again?   Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? EmptyThu Feb 14, 2019 7:18 am

Nope. I must have my mods otherwise it doesn't feel right. I need my someguy series and other essential mods. I would be like something is missing. Can't and won't go back to plane ol vanilla version.

zodiac213

Character sheet
Name: Artyom
Faction: Mercenary
Level: Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again?   Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? EmptyThu Feb 14, 2019 7:23 am

Completely unmodded? Probably not cause 100% vanilla FNV/FO3 are absolutely buggy messes and I have been spoiled by the modding community's actions to fix them. However,if we're talking about a mostly vanilla playthrough with stuff like the Unofficial Patch,YUP and other "mods" just meant to make the game run smoother,maybe. It'd be interesting to see if just the normal base game by itself would be able to keep my interest.

The Rabid Dog

Character sheet
Name: Niko
Faction: Myself
Level: Over 9000 Chromosomes

PostSubject: Re: Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again?   Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? EmptyThu Feb 14, 2019 12:15 pm

Hell yeah, not on pc though.

stoobygacks

stoobygacks

Character sheet
Name: Stooby of the Gacks
Faction: New California Republic
Level: FL360

PostSubject: Re: Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again?   Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? EmptyThu Feb 14, 2019 12:38 pm

Sure I don't see why not. Just do it to have another more OG experience. You could also do a "vanilla plus" sort of idea. Where you only use mods that fix bugs and add cut content. Other than that it would be all non modded content.

Back to top Go down
TheThompsonBoss

PostSubject: Re: Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again?   Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? EmptyThu Feb 14, 2019 3:12 pm

Funny enough I tried doing this a month or two ago and then immediately went back to adding mods. I mean. The very first time I played vanilla New Vegas, I absolutely loved it! But I guess once you've had a taste of visual enhancements, armor, and quest mods. Then you can't really go back. At least I can't. Still a fun game though. Even if you don't play with mods.
Back to top Go down
IRORIEH

IRORIEH

Character sheet
Name: Booker
Faction: The highest bidder
Level: 21

PostSubject: Re: Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again?   Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? EmptyThu Feb 14, 2019 3:56 pm

I played briefly not too long ago, helping my brother, who was playing it on an xbox.

It was pretty jarring, and I immediately had to go back to PC haha. Honestly, my NV is so modded at this part, and it's so long since I've played purely vanilla that I couldn't remember whether or not some things were there in the vanilla game.

Back to top Go down
Vicks

Vicks

Character sheet
Name: Vicks
Faction: GUNners
Level: Colonial

PostSubject: Re: Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again?   Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? EmptyThu Feb 14, 2019 4:46 pm

No, I really can't stand to look at the vanilla game. It really does look like complete shit to be honest. I'd have to have something that removes the red and yellow filters and a darker nights mod at least.
Back to top Go down
YeezusJeezus

YeezusJeezus

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again?   Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? EmptyThu Feb 14, 2019 5:34 pm

Honestly I wouldn't. Mods are necessary for me to enjoy that game, especially now that it is getting older.

EyeShotFirst

Character sheet
Name: Sharpe
Faction: Institute
Level: 37

PostSubject: Re: Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again?   Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? EmptyThu Feb 14, 2019 9:14 pm

I wouldn't say never. I have my PS3 hooked up to a CRT and will sometimes dust it off and play that version, but I'm so used to mods and using the console commands, I don't know at this point.
Back to top Go down
Sirdanest

Sirdanest

Character sheet
Faction: Dependent
Level: Basement

PostSubject: Re: Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again?   Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? EmptyFri Feb 15, 2019 3:29 am

I wouldn't.  Just seeing the strip in its vanilla form would break me.  Modless New Vegas is the reason I'm unfortunately suspicious of New Vegas in the fallout 4 engine.  Graphics improved at the expense of mods and content?
Back to top Go down
TheHusky

TheHusky

Character sheet
Name: -
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again?   Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? EmptyFri Feb 15, 2019 4:31 am

I dont know man, on PC the game is not stable, it keeps crashing so, its nearly impossible to play vanilla without some utility mods like 4GB patch and unofficial patch etc. , but I think I can play on xbox.

Steam Profile:
Back to top Go down
Druuler

Druuler

PostSubject: Re: Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again?   Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? EmptyFri Feb 15, 2019 11:32 am

I have never played FO3 or New vegas in the vanilla states, so it is highly unlikely I will every try to do so. If nothing else, I would miss my army of companions too much. XD
Back to top Go down
OryOryOry

OryOryOry

PostSubject: Re: Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again?   Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? EmptyFri Feb 15, 2019 5:34 pm

like to play it vanilla for my first character, then add mods.
Back to top Go down
RelayQuad4

RelayQuad4

PostSubject: Re: Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again?   Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? EmptySat Feb 16, 2019 12:17 am

I tried to play vanilla before, it felt like going from riches to rags. can't do it for long. Strange part is I can play fo3 no mods no prob...

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again?   Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? EmptySat Feb 16, 2019 10:30 am

Vanilla is the best way to play. I hate feeling overwhelmed by mods, so I always make a clear compromise and go for mods which don't change the experience too much for me, sometimes even those slightly annoy me.

I still of course use the 4GB patch and tools for stability. The engine and limitations absolutely suck.

Graphics and visuals don't ever matter too much to me. I use ENBs on modded playthroughs I am going to screenshot, but privately I always play vanilla. It's not due to the performance since my PC can run it flawlessly, but just since the flaws outweigh the benefits of having it (invisible hair, visual bugs, overly colorful and shiny visuals, the list goes on).

Mods ruin the "walk down memory lane" aspect of these games for me. I like being familiar with every aspect of the game, and that's what brings back the warm nostalgic feeling for me. Turning New Vegas into another game just isn't for me, rather for the off-playthrough when I'm feeling bored with the vanilla game.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again?   Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? EmptySat Feb 16, 2019 10:37 am

Play vanilla again....not a chance. Modding spoils the vanilla experience forever if you are into the visuals and expanded play, which I do
Back to top Go down
Talon69x

Talon69x

PostSubject: I tried but no   Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? EmptySat Feb 16, 2019 12:38 pm

I would but the old memories of the game in my mind are alot better looking then what shows up on the screen. I try to stick to just mods to give better graphics tho because everytime i get into cheats for money and weapons etc it ruins the whole experience and u get way to bored when theres nothing left to work for.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again?   Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again? Empty

Back to top Go down

Would you ever play vanilla New Vegas again?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next