Come for the Mods, Stay for the Community!

HomeCalendarInterviewsFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Info Panel
Stay Connected

_
September 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

What order should I play the NV dlcs in?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
eolson12

PostSubject: What order should I play the NV dlcs in?   Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:23 pm

I have a good 60 hours in the game and am enjoying it very much! What order do you guys recommend playing the dlcs in?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
stoobygacks

Character sheet
Name: Pvt. Cooper
Faction: New California Republic
Level: 4

PostSubject: Re: What order should I play the NV dlcs in?   Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:56 pm

Play them in order. They have connecting stories. They are essentially made to be to be that way. You will lose out on a lot of narrative if you don't.

View user profile
1A

Character sheet
Name: Tabellarius
Faction: NCR
Level: 50

PostSubject: Re: What order should I play the NV dlcs in?   Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:36 pm

Honest Hearts is unconnected aside from a small mention towards the character of another DLC, but it's literally a one liner. If you really care that much, then it should be played after Old World Blues, or maybe even Lonesome Road, as then you'll most likely catch it and have an "oh hey" moment. If you play it first like some suggest, then you probably won't ever make note of it. IMO, the best order to play would be Dead Money, Honest Hearts, Old World Blues, and then, finally, Lonesome Road. Old World Blues and Dead Money are interchangable, as the story you get in Old World Blues acts somewhat as a prequel to what happened in the other ones. In that way, you can play them in either order, as it'll either give you a backstory before going into Dead Money, or it can act as clarification after just getting out. Lonesome Road should definitely be played last.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dmitri2033

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: What order should I play the NV dlcs in?   Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:36 am

I'd play it int he order they came out, whatever that was, cos they're all linked. Ish. Sorry if that's a spoiler
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ahyuser001

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: What order should I play the NV dlcs in?   Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:42 pm

You recommend playing the following DLCs last in this order Dead Money > Lonesome Road. The stories of Honest Hearts and Old World Blues are unconnected but has some lore that explains stuff on the 2 DLCs I mentioned before.

The most important question to ask. Will there be enough Dakka?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What order should I play the NV dlcs in?   

Back to top Go down

What order should I play the NV dlcs in?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gaming Underground Network :: Fallout :: Discussion-