Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
hunk Reforged Mask Call daryl dead boom FCOM commonwealth body upgrades ghoul space marvel machine Gear vault khan Superpele wolfenstein mandalorian riot boomers Ryse money NPCs
Latest topics
» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Fallout 3 is the best Fallout game. Emptyby ZedraxStereo Yesterday at 10:44 am

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Fallout 3 is the best Fallout game. Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:53 pm

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Fallout 3 is the best Fallout game. Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:43 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Fallout 3 is the best Fallout game. Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:26 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
Fallout 3 is the best Fallout game. Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Fallout 3 is the best Fallout game. Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Fallout 3 is the best Fallout game. Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:14 pm

» Modder looking for gun mods
Fallout 3 is the best Fallout game. Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:33 pm

» schorched enclave officer
Fallout 3 is the best Fallout game. Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:13 pm

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Fallout 3 is the best Fallout game. Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:29 pm

» Late Introduction
Fallout 3 is the best Fallout game. Emptyby Battleclad Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:29 am

» Greetings!
Fallout 3 is the best Fallout game. Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:01 pm

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
Fallout 3 is the best Fallout game. Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:48 am

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
Fallout 3 is the best Fallout game. Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:50 pm

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Fallout 3 is the best Fallout game. Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 6:52 pm

» So I tried my hand at modding...
Fallout 3 is the best Fallout game. Emptyby Bset Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:01 am

» hi i'm new person
Fallout 3 is the best Fallout game. Emptyby Jackfishproductions Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:00 am

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
Fallout 3 is the best Fallout game. Emptyby Skroge Mon Feb 19, 2024 12:15 am

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
Fallout 3 is the best Fallout game. Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:18 pm

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
Fallout 3 is the best Fallout game. Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:37 am

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Fallout 3 is the best Fallout game.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Is Fallout 3 the best Fallout game?
Yes
Fallout 3 is the best Fallout game. I_vote_lcap41%Fallout 3 is the best Fallout game. I_vote_rcap
 41% [ 9 ]
I have no taste
Fallout 3 is the best Fallout game. I_vote_lcap59%Fallout 3 is the best Fallout game. I_vote_rcap
 59% [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 22

AuthorMessage
Heisenberg

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

Fallout 3 is the best Fallout game. Empty
PostSubject: Fallout 3 is the best Fallout game.   Fallout 3 is the best Fallout game. EmptyWed Sep 12, 2018 1:02 am

Fallout 3 is definitely the game being smashed the most by the butthurt community members for a while.

Let's show it some love.
Back to top Go down
Saymon Carvalho

Saymon Carvalho

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3 is the best Fallout game.   Fallout 3 is the best Fallout game. EmptyWed Sep 12, 2018 3:16 am

Show me a map better than fallout 3. Banana Dance
Back to top Go down
zodiac213

zodiac213

Character sheet
Name: Artyom
Faction: Mercenary
Level: Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3 is the best Fallout game.   Fallout 3 is the best Fallout game. EmptyWed Sep 12, 2018 3:30 am

I mean,FO3 certainly isn't a bad game. Not by a long shot. But I wouldn't call it the best game in my opinion. I liked the gameplay and the fact that it renewed Fallout to a more modern demographic,and it really deserves respect for that. I'm also nostalgic for it because it was the first true rpg I played and what got me into rpg's in the first place. And the worldspace certainly is interesting and probably the best out of the modern games so far. Unfortunately for it,though,I always care more the story and characters. 3's story left me overall unmoved and the characters were rather dull save a few quirky and genuinely interesting npc's( Moira Brown was pretty funny). But some of the more important characters struck me as rather one dimensional and boring. The Enclave were straight up bad guys with no really redeeming characteristics. The BOS were the literal knights in shining armor. Sure they treated outsiders with disdain,but they still fought for them. My favorite faction was the Outcasta,l and I really wished that they played a bigger role in the game. Eh,well that's two cents on the matter. If you enjoyed it,more power to you. I'm just a biased cunt with a knack for interesting story. Feel free to tell me I'm wrong if you wish.

Lilkrasdog

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3 is the best Fallout game.   Fallout 3 is the best Fallout game. EmptySat Sep 15, 2018 4:13 am

I thoroughly enjoyed Fallout 3. It was the first fallout game I ever played and it completely blew my mind. My first overall RPG was Oblivion and I loved it, but when I started Fallout 3 I didn't want it to end. I completed every side quest and explored every location. I even worked out how to max out your special and stats in the game without cheating.

Fallout 3 is also the only game to date so far where after beating it I immediately started a new game as an evil character. I've played games with morality systems in them, but FO3 is the only one where I played the game through as an evil character. Never done that before or since.

New Vegas and FO4 both have something going for them, but FO3 will always hold a special place in my heart.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3 is the best Fallout game.   Fallout 3 is the best Fallout game. EmptySat Sep 15, 2018 12:39 pm

Against my better judgement, because I find these very subjective discussions (in other words everyone has an opinion just like everyone has a rear port), I did want to show some love for FO3. I very much enjoyed it and not just because it was the first game I totally committed to fully modded. I did cut my modding teeth on that game and learn as much from my failure as the success.

I liked the Fallout world it introduced to me along with the dystopian survival theme. It showed human nature at it's basic level (which usually isn't very pretty) and in some cases at a higher level. You had a choice to play either or anything in between. Compared to newer games the graphics weren't quite there, but depending on the mods you used could be improved dramatically. I still have it installed on an external drive and I'm sure I will play it again.

As to the best? I'll leave that to others.
Back to top Go down
Screw4ff

Screw4ff

Character sheet
Name: Red Crow
Faction: A Lonely boy
Level: The amount of times Aarius has changed his profile pic

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3 is the best Fallout game.   Fallout 3 is the best Fallout game. EmptySat Sep 15, 2018 4:40 pm

Is this thread a safe space for FO3 fans?

Heisenberg

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3 is the best Fallout game.   Fallout 3 is the best Fallout game. EmptySat Sep 15, 2018 7:07 pm

Screw4ff wrote:
Is this thread a safe space for FO3 fans?

What's so bad about being a FO3 fan? Many FO3 fans are also NV or 4 fans too.
Back to top Go down
eolson12

eolson12

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3 is the best Fallout game.   Fallout 3 is the best Fallout game. EmptySat Sep 15, 2018 8:09 pm

NGL, the you not being the main character kinded ruined it for me, (also I personally do not like the dlcs, especially the "get the good ending" one.)
Back to top Go down
Famix

Famix

Character sheet
Name: Depression
Faction: The Suffering
Level: -7

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3 is the best Fallout game.   Fallout 3 is the best Fallout game. EmptyWed Sep 19, 2018 5:11 pm

This poll is very condescending. Bethesda Game Studios hasn't been very good with their stories since Oblivion, and half of the questlines in that were pretty bad, story-wise. I'd say the worldbuilding is their highlight, and the "adventure". I mean, Harold comes to mind, but there's not much story there, just some fun nod to a classic character and allowing him to die for something new to take ove-

WAIT A MINUTE.

DoomPlayerDoomDemonDoomPlayerDoomDemonDoomPlayerDoomDemonDoomPlayerDoomDemon
DoomDemonDoomPlayerDoomDemonDoomPlayerDoomDemonDoomPlayerDoomDemonDoomPlayer
Back to top Go down
RangerGUN

RangerGUN

Character sheet
Name: Connor
Faction: Yes Man
Level: 50

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3 is the best Fallout game.   Fallout 3 is the best Fallout game. EmptyWed Sep 19, 2018 5:32 pm

Not really, it's pretty awful. I would love to say it's the worst one but Brotherhood of Steel exists.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5M7SmqSLkPA7pufjgV00Vw?view_as
eolson12

eolson12

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3 is the best Fallout game.   Fallout 3 is the best Fallout game. EmptyWed Sep 19, 2018 6:25 pm

Tactics also exists, and that game is uh… “unique”.
Back to top Go down
Screw4ff

Screw4ff

Character sheet
Name: Red Crow
Faction: A Lonely boy
Level: The amount of times Aarius has changed his profile pic

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3 is the best Fallout game.   Fallout 3 is the best Fallout game. EmptyThu Sep 20, 2018 12:31 am

@Corvo Nothing bad, I never implied that it was bad. I don't associate "Safe spaces" with bad or arrogant people, they're just p[laces where people can avoid negativity for a few minutes. So I wanted to know before giving my 2 cents and possibly ruining it and causing more grief than needed.

Implying

Implying

Character sheet
Name: Have a few of these
Faction: Vile Race
Level: Can't be measured

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3 is the best Fallout game.   Fallout 3 is the best Fallout game. EmptyThu Sep 20, 2018 2:39 am

tfw I woke up this morning, and logged on to find I have no taste lol!

Nah Fallout 3 is alright, I think Bethesda genuinely made a good effort and though it isn't quite like the originals in the way NV is, it hits the mark on some other elements, such as the lonely, dead atmosphere and environment, the random encounters and one thing it does better than the other Fallout games is the environmental storytelling.

Also remember lads to keep it calm, cool and be excellent to each other. Thumbs Up

IRORIEH

IRORIEH

Character sheet
Name: Booker
Faction: The highest bidder
Level: 21

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3 is the best Fallout game.   Fallout 3 is the best Fallout game. EmptyThu Sep 20, 2018 4:51 am

This is the most obvious troll post I think I've ever seen on this board.

Back to top Go down
Transient3292

Transient3292

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3 is the best Fallout game.   Fallout 3 is the best Fallout game. EmptyThu Oct 11, 2018 11:24 am

It's been so long since I've played FO3 but i have to show some love. A friend left it at my house and basically begged me to try it, even though I had no interest. I did eventually and still remember the moments that hooked me. I had no idea what bethesda or fallout was, so i had no expectations. The vault intro was interesting but the special points and character customization had me intrigued. For someone completely unfamiliar with the mechanics, the game was hard at first. But then i finally escaped the vault. It was my first open world game, and no gaming experience I've had has compared to that first time exploring the Capital Wasteland. They just did a good job making it feel like it's own actual place.

It would be different to play now that I'm a "bethesda game veteran". I know a lot of people have a lot to say about a "real fallout game" and stuff like that, but i happen to appreciate bethesda and what they've done with fallout. Sure it's much more commercialized at this point, but i do think they could have done a lot worse in that respect by this point.
Back to top Go down
IIHawkerII

IIHawkerII

Character sheet
Name: Conroy El Cadera
Faction: Independant
Level: 49

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3 is the best Fallout game.   Fallout 3 is the best Fallout game. EmptyThu Oct 11, 2018 1:14 pm

FO3 is my favorite game in the series, but I can't agree. 'Best' is just... Blegh, I'd give it the same annoyed response as 'FNV is the best fallout game' or anything similar. There isn't really a best title, they all fail and succeed in their own ways.

Now, why is Fallout 3 my favorite? TONE. Tone, tone, tone. And atmosphere I suppose, but they're largely the same thing in this case. But right, what do I mean? Well let me compare it to the darling of the series, New Vegas -

Personally, on reflection? I've come around to the idea that I didn't really prefer New Vegas's whole premise over 3's, I'd much rather take a dark, depressing apocalypse that bleeds tales of survival while making fun of itself in the same breath in comparison to New Vegas's almost contrived level of political intrigue and militarism. New Vegas just came across too... Well... Too civilized for my liking.

Whereas I felt Fallout 3 nailed the right balance between having a wasteland that was too civilized and too... Well, dead.

And I find, on my way to death and happiness,
that my heroes, my heroes dress in black.
Back to top Go down
Monstermen

Monstermen

Character sheet
Name: Jake Lord
Faction: independent
Level: 50

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3 is the best Fallout game.   Fallout 3 is the best Fallout game. EmptyFri Oct 12, 2018 11:10 am

Fallout 3 was the very the game that brought me into the fold, however, I cannot agree that it's the "best" Fallout game. To incorporating invigorating detail would be too long, but I will say this, I love the game because it introduced to Vegas which is why I always play between the two.

As IIHawkerII above describes, I like Fallout 3 based on its tone of being a good post-apocalyptic game. Fallout New Vegas really peaked my interest more because of the enhanced role-playing mechanic, that's what really hooked me. I wasn't really into the whole western vibe if Fallout 3 had some of the gameplay elements that Fallout New Vegas had then Fallout 3 would win it for me.

In conclusion, BOTH GREAT GAMES Thumbs Up

Never Be Afraid

Fallout 3 is the best Fallout game. G_u_n10
Back to top Go down
https://instagram.com/monstermen_111/
ahyuser001

ahyuser001

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3 is the best Fallout game.   Fallout 3 is the best Fallout game. EmptyFri Oct 12, 2018 11:13 am

But but... Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel had a good story line with innovative gameplay mechanics along with polished graphics.

Will there be enough Dakka?
Back to top Go down
rojok2

rojok2

Character sheet
Name: Johan
Faction: New California Republic
Level: 25

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3 is the best Fallout game.   Fallout 3 is the best Fallout game. EmptyFri Oct 12, 2018 11:47 am

Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel is the first fallout game to have coop, done 14 years before fallout 76 and as such is the best fallout.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3 is the best Fallout game.   Fallout 3 is the best Fallout game. Empty

Back to top Go down

Fallout 3 is the best Fallout game.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1