Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
Gear wolfenstein Mask ghoul money commonwealth riot FCOM marvel Armor Reforged daryl khan boomers Overhaul body Ryse mandalorian vault Call Superpele hunk NPCs machine dead boom
Latest topics
» Howdy from grandmastoes
New Fallout Game Emptyby Apoc Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:36 am

» armor slot changing in creation kit
New Fallout Game Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:52 pm

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
New Fallout Game Emptyby gavin gold Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:52 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
New Fallout Game Emptyby HardComma Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:12 am

» Hello from nexus
New Fallout Game Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:24 pm

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
New Fallout Game Emptyby BellToadTall Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:36 am

» The Next fallout
New Fallout Game Emptyby BellToadTall Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:31 am

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
New Fallout Game Emptyby BellToadTall Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:25 am

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
New Fallout Game Emptyby CosmoMods Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:22 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
New Fallout Game Emptyby Evmeister Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:41 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
New Fallout Game Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:51 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
New Fallout Game Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:57 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
New Fallout Game Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:44 pm

» Modder looking for gun mods
New Fallout Game Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:03 pm

» schorched enclave officer
New Fallout Game Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:43 pm

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
New Fallout Game Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:59 pm

» Late Introduction
New Fallout Game Emptyby Battleclad Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:59 am

» Greetings!
New Fallout Game Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:31 am

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
New Fallout Game Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:18 am

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
New Fallout Game Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:20 pm

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

New Fallout Game

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Maas

Maas

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

New Fallout Game Empty
PostSubject: New Fallout Game   New Fallout Game EmptyWed May 09, 2018 9:22 am

I just wanted some opinions on the direction of the fallout series. Do you think that there is a chance to get a game more similar to new vegas or will Bethesda continue to dumb down the franchise?

Edit:
I switched up the question a bit... check lower in the feed

Male.

New Fallout Game Trash13

In That Order...

Last edited by Maas on Wed May 09, 2018 10:00 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://soundcloud.com/maas_music17
WAREZ

WAREZ

New Fallout Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Fallout Game   New Fallout Game EmptyWed May 09, 2018 9:34 am

They sold a lot of F4 copies so my guess is they are gonna keep the same path.

Specs: Intel Core i5 2500K | MSI B3 | Corsair 4x4GB DDR3-1600 | ASUS GTX 1060 6GB VRAM | Antec Kuhler H2O 920 | SSD Corsair Neutron - 256GB + V-NAND SSD 850 EVO 500GB + HDD 500GB Barracuda | CoolerMaster GX-Series 750W | CM Storm Enforcer | Tt Challenger Pro | Steelseries Sensei | Logitech MX518 | MS XBOX 360 Wireless | Windows 10 Pro x64 | OnePlus One 64GB Sandstone Black
Back to top Go down
Maas

Maas

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

New Fallout Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Fallout Game   New Fallout Game EmptyWed May 09, 2018 9:37 am

Heres a better question... what would your ideal fallout be?

Male.

New Fallout Game Trash13

In That Order...
Back to top Go down
OSOK

OSOK

Character sheet
Name: Jack
Faction: none
Level: 56

New Fallout Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Fallout Game   New Fallout Game EmptyWed May 09, 2018 9:47 am

I'm old but I think when you said "dimb" you meant dumb and it was just a keystroke error...please understand I'm not poking fun...as this could literally be a word I'm not familiar with. Anyway, assuming that...how exactly is Fallout4 dumbed down? The mechanics and controls of the game are more intuitive than previous releases, there's more polish. However, the story, shallow, simple, linear, without consequence. But the game itself? Keeps so many coming back for what they've made of it...not because of what the game is made from. How many endings does FNV truly have? Who really plays a fallout game for YEARS because of the story? Granted I haven't played FNV past the tutorial...however there are so many who have described their experience in such explicit detail that I live vicariously through them. I watched "lore videos" to get the backstory of all the fallout because they interest me like a book does...but fallout 4? Oh kind sir, my game is anything but "lore friendly" I love what my commonwealth is...due in HUGE part to this community...where else can storm troopers face halo troopers face nazis face terminators face batman; armed with weapons from alien, robocop, the republic, battlefield, etc etc etc...my game that's where. I play for what I've made it...can't do that to the same degree in any other fallout or any other game. My sandbox my toys my rules...thank the mod gods and freed assets.

The next fallout? Will have another story, will have hopefully improved upon the shortcomings of the vanilla release (not that I would know, I am a firm believer that mods not only drastically IMPROVE the game but make the game even playable) and will allow for even more creative injection from the community that has literally kept bethesda in business. I don't care where they go...whether they revisit a location or a new one comes along...continental united states? Sure, some island? OK, Russia China Europe? I'm down for it...I don't care because if I don't like how it looks, chances are quite good someone else doesn't either and they will possess the voodoo magic powers to change it and make it awesome.

Ironically it would be funny to see the next game have a mod released that is named "return to the commonwealth" and it be a worldspace bringing us back to boston

Maas

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

New Fallout Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Fallout Game   New Fallout Game EmptyWed May 09, 2018 10:15 am

@"OSOK" I fixed my keystroke error lol.

But when I said dumbing down, it was not meant to be derogatory. I still enjoy fallout 4 and think it is a good game but, it just doesn't have the same expansive rpg elements as new vegas or 1 and 2.
I merely meant to point out how fallout 4 seems to have been made for a much larger audience, losing the roots of the franchise.

I guess with fallout 4 I have trouble being as immersed into the commonwealth as I am the mojave. This is because in New Vegas I have the freedom to build myself however I want to be, forming my own back stories and playstyles. Btw this is coming from someone who has played around 1,000 hours of fallout 4. Fallout new vegas is a true rpg whereas, fallout 4 is a shooter with light rpg elements.

Not to answer my own question but, what I truly want is a fallout game that has the same gun play and feel as fallout 4 (as it is undeniably superior to fallout new vegas) but with the same level of rpg elements as new vegas. Something in which I can insert my own character into, with their own backstory and motivations without being handheld into a specific character motivation (parent looking for child).

Male.

New Fallout Game Trash13

In That Order...
Back to top Go down
ahyuser001

ahyuser001

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

New Fallout Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Fallout Game   New Fallout Game EmptyWed May 09, 2018 11:46 am

Quote :

A "perfect" Fallout game would probably be something that has a world with a working economy. What I mean is you can visibly see trade between two or more settlements. Settlements built up based on its location and resources not just put there for reasons.

This and being able to interact with this world and see how it affects the lives of its denizens. An example would if you could see a towns quality of life decrease if you destroyed their crops because you removed their food and their main source of trade then see how it affects the next town that cannot produce food on their own.

We should have a branching story-line as well as create the background of our characters ala mount and blade. I feel that your characters background should have a major effect on how you interact with quests in the game instead of just stat buffs as it would make for a better role play experience.

Factions should also make sense in terms of how it is created based on a towns economy, culture and lifestyle.

For some reason, Fallout games removed the old inventory system from FO1,2 and tactics. I feel this should be reintroduced and maybe reworked to something similar to escape from tarkov, stalker or maybe pubg so that bags would make sense. A pipboy should always be a journal/map and not an inventory manager where it magically spawns your loot.

I would prefer if they added more damage types(cutting/piercing/blunt/electric/fire/laser/cold) as well as have different effects based on locational damage instead of a flat damage to your HP. For example you would get a bleed debuff if you get cutting/piercing damage on your arm which would lower your main HP and would get worse if get more cutting/piercing damage.

Armor should also give you protection against these types of damages and protect the body parts that it is covering.

Crafting should always be in a fallout game i feel. Fallout 4s settlement system could also work as long as it behaves like a working town

I would also like to share this thread if you are interested on other peoples thoughts on their ideal fallout game.

Link

Will there be enough Dakka?
Back to top Go down
geminispark262

geminispark262

New Fallout Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Fallout Game   New Fallout Game EmptyWed May 09, 2018 12:47 pm

In reality the large gaming corporation such as Bethesda cares not only how the players want the game to be, but also their sales. It wouldn't matter how the reputation is for Fallout 4 among other Fallout franchises if the sale number strike to a new high ground. Are they gonna keep going this "dumb" path? Yes, if their next Fallout game keep getting new record in term of sales. And next one, and the ones after.
Back to top Go down
Sonichu_fanboy

Sonichu_fanboy

New Fallout Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Fallout Game   New Fallout Game EmptyWed May 09, 2018 12:52 pm

If they're smart, they will let obsidian make new orleans or whatever, while they work on fallout 5 or TES 6. They received a lot of negative flak over 4, I'm sure they will want to win the trust of the old fans back. That is, if they care enough, and if Pete "I'm not going to talk about the lore in a game with talking mutants" Hines is of any indication, they will rather focus on the new fallout fans, aka bethesda gamers, to be more precise, more than anything else. Not that it matters, TTW is the ultimate fallout experience IMHO, and if the dev team really goes thru with F4-NV, why play anything else? I still have a modded/DLC playthru of F4 waiting for me, but honestly, the game was so lackluster that I would rather play TTW again

WAREZ

New Fallout Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Fallout Game   New Fallout Game EmptyWed May 09, 2018 1:06 pm

Most of Obsidian team that make NV already left the company, and Bethesda wont let other company make the game, they dont care of the old fans. They only see the results and they show a lot of sales that means they made a good product.
F4NV is gonna take a loooot of time, probablye the frontier would be already released by that time (he! yeah right).

Specs: Intel Core i5 2500K | MSI B3 | Corsair 4x4GB DDR3-1600 | ASUS GTX 1060 6GB VRAM | Antec Kuhler H2O 920 | SSD Corsair Neutron - 256GB + V-NAND SSD 850 EVO 500GB + HDD 500GB Barracuda | CoolerMaster GX-Series 750W | CM Storm Enforcer | Tt Challenger Pro | Steelseries Sensei | Logitech MX518 | MS XBOX 360 Wireless | Windows 10 Pro x64 | OnePlus One 64GB Sandstone Black
Back to top Go down
Duki_Nuki

Duki_Nuki

New Fallout Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Fallout Game   New Fallout Game EmptyTue May 15, 2018 5:42 am

Greedthesda will probably continue to dumb down the franchise for the sake of money. Wish they would just give Fallout rights to obsidian and focus on other stuff like elder scrolls and skyrim.

celtic_spike

New Fallout Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Fallout Game   New Fallout Game EmptyMon May 21, 2018 7:42 pm

Duki_Nuki wrote:
Greedthesda will probably continue to dumb down the franchise for the sake of money. Wish they would just give Fallout rights to obsidian and focus on other stuff like elder scrolls and skyrim.

i think that's a tad unfair to be honest. Bethesda is one of the very few publishers left that still persist with releasing truly single player games. If they were really "greedy" they would have jumped on the Live services bandwagon already and infested their games with loot boxes and micro-transactions.
by all means criticize the mis-steps with Fallout 4 but they are still one of the few publishers not being complete fucking assholes these days.

yes it was business decisions that led to how they changed fallout, but when you look at what activision did with destiny, EA with battlefront, i think "Greedthesda" is a bit much
Back to top Go down
Havoc

Havoc

New Fallout Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Fallout Game   New Fallout Game EmptyMon May 21, 2018 8:33 pm

the dream is to se another NV style game, but i cant se it being done in the near future. Bethesda is most likely going to announce a new ip at E3 which means another Fallout will be a long way off. I just dont think they will outsource it again...

celtic_spike

celtic_spike

New Fallout Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Fallout Game   New Fallout Game EmptyMon May 21, 2018 9:05 pm

Havoc wrote:
the dream is to se another NV style game, but i cant se it being done in the near future. Bethesda is most likely going to announce a new ip at E3 which means another Fallout will be a long way off. I just dont think they will outsource it again...

Their E3 this year will be focused on Rage2. Its assumed then that its Elder Scrolls 6 next year. and next fallout will be 2021 at earliest i would say.
i think another outsource is possible, but i dont think there are any studios you could trust with the license, that would have a current gap in their dev cycle.
i think it was just the right circumstances at the right time that led to NV
Back to top Go down

New Fallout Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Fallout Game   New Fallout Game EmptyTue May 22, 2018 2:22 pm

All I want Bethesda to do is to let Obsidian to make a sequel of New Vegas, I think Bethesda just doesn't quite understand how to make a Fallout game. I'm grateful that they keep Fallout series alive but they seriously need to learn from Obsidian. Also, I don't think they will change anything since Fallout 4 sold many copies and big company like Bethesda only cares about sales.
Back to top Go down
loneheart9

loneheart9

Character sheet
Name: Matteo
Faction: Merc
Level: 25

New Fallout Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Fallout Game   New Fallout Game EmptyTue May 22, 2018 8:19 pm

I just want a new engine for it to run on

PLEASE BETHESDA
give us what we NEED
Back to top Go down
celtic_spike

celtic_spike

New Fallout Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Fallout Game   New Fallout Game EmptyTue May 22, 2018 11:06 pm

loneheart9 wrote:

PLEASE BETHESDA
give us what we NEED

Bethesda always got a pass on their engines because people always believed that the issues with said engines were a consequence of a game of this size, complexity, and quests with multiple paths and moving parts.

then the Witcher 3 came along. Smile
Now of course that game had its share of bugs, but compared to Fallout 4 , which came out a few months later, the difference was staggering.

so yeah the next Bethesda release won't be able to get away with a typical "Bethesda" engine.

i would expect ES6 next year so time will tell
Back to top Go down
Tribal Raven

Tribal Raven

Character sheet
Name: Jack
Faction: No Gods, No Masters
Level: 50

New Fallout Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Fallout Game   New Fallout Game EmptyTue May 22, 2018 11:25 pm

845386958 wrote:
All I want Bethesda to do is to let Obsidian to make a sequel of New Vegas, I think Bethesda just doesn't quite understand how to make a Fallout game. I'm grateful that they keep Fallout series alive but they seriously need to learn from Obsidian. Also, I don't think they will change anything since Fallout 4 sold many copies and big company like Bethesda only cares about sales.

They are very good at making proof of concept games, it's the same situation that both Fallout 3 and 4 share. They feel empty and unfinished but the foundation is there. And I do think they are very good at creating a great setting.

To be honest, I enjoyed Fallout 3's apocalyptic theme more than NV western theme. Now, I love both and love NV's campaign much more but for the feeling I got playing them, the capital wasteland wins every time.

myfish37

myfish37

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

New Fallout Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Fallout Game   New Fallout Game EmptyTue May 29, 2018 11:44 am

New Fallout needs to be a Battle Royale game or else it can't be good... In all seriousness If Bethesda were to hire some really good writers to focus solely on the story of the next fallout along with a really good setting with some of the good systems from fallout 4 like the weapon and armor customization and the settlement building (as long as they were expanded upon) Then the next fallout could prove to be a rival to Fallout New Vegas. And of course they'd need to fix the DLC, adding items to the workshop does not seem like a good replacement to what came before.
Back to top Go down
EyeShotFirst

EyeShotFirst

Character sheet
Name: Sharpe
Faction: Institute
Level: 37

New Fallout Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Fallout Game   New Fallout Game EmptyTue May 29, 2018 3:14 pm

I just want to see a more pregnant wasteland, where even the subtlest action affects the world around me. I want to feel like who I am matters.
Back to top Go down
65andhappy

65andhappy

New Fallout Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Fallout Game   New Fallout Game EmptyWed May 30, 2018 2:44 am

loneheart9 wrote:

PLEASE BETHESDA
give us what we NEED

Here! Here! I am really tired of "limitations of the engine" excuses.

Sponsored content

New Fallout Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Fallout Game   New Fallout Game Empty

Back to top Go down

New Fallout Game

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next