Gaming Underground Network

Come for the Mods, Stay for the Community!

HomeCalendarInterviewsFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Info Panel
Stay Connected

_
October 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

Worst Companion in the entire fallout series?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
jacoboriley

PostSubject: Re: Worst Companion in the entire fallout series?   Sun 23 Sep 2018 - 23:42

@dragbody wrote:
Anyone who says anyone other than Preston is someone I don’t understand. This mother fucker practically ruined Fallout 4 single-handed. I might have enjoyed the game, but Preston woke me up and gave me the lenses through which I saw through that bullshit of a game.

LMAO, I can't and won't defend Preston and he is awful. I know some might like him, but he could easily be the worst IMO. Piper is a close second.

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Worst Companion in the entire fallout series?   Tue 25 Sep 2018 - 0:45

Almost every companion in fallout 4. I hate them all for many different reasons and as such I can't decide on which I hate the most.

The only one I don't completely hate is Nick. I like him as character and as a companion. Unlike every other companion who is annoying, stupid, annoyingly stupid, or stupidly annoying. Nick actually feels relatively balanced, the only real problem I have with him is that he's voiced by the same guy as Belathor from Skyrim, so every time he talks I keep expecting to hear him talk about selling his sister.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
1A

Character sheet
Name: Tabellarius
Faction: NCR
Level: 50

PostSubject: Re: Worst Companion in the entire fallout series?   Tue 25 Sep 2018 - 4:48

@dragbody honestly he's not that bad considering you can just send him to the corner of the map and then never interact with him again. That said, the first 20 hours or so of Fallout 4 are absolutely ruined by him and the other forced settlers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Visible Earth

Character sheet
Name: Jak
Faction: Fiends
Level: 18

PostSubject: Re: Worst Companion in the entire fallout series?   Tue 25 Sep 2018 - 15:30

Ian? What are you doing with that SMG? Ian...Ian no! No Ian I'm standing in front of you! Ian! IAN!!!!!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wertologist

PostSubject: Re: Worst Companion in the entire fallout series?   Wed 26 Sep 2018 - 2:19

Only played NV, 3, and 4 so I can only weigh in on those. I'd have to say Rex from NV. He's just bad. NV has tons of enemies that can devastate you with melee and have extremely high health pools....and Rex will charge it. Rex will charge a group of deathclaws. Sure, melee companions like Veronica will too, but they at least have weapons that can even the odds. Rex doesn't. Dogmeat will charge a group of them in 3 and 4, but he's immortal in 4 and in 3, he's god-level in late-game and can be replaced with a perk when if he dies.

Objectively, Rex is the worst. His perks aren't even really that good either.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scrab20

Character sheet
Name: Decimus Sextus Agrippa
Faction: Caesar's Legion
Level: 14

PostSubject: Re: Worst Companion in the entire fallout series?   Sun 14 Oct 2018 - 2:48

all of them , i never liked companions, in fallout 4 when the companion dog appeared i just ignored him and continued my way XDD, it was a little hilarious though
"Dogs barks, player passes away around him*

Character sheet
Name: Jake Lord
Faction: independent
Level: 50

PostSubject: Re: Worst Companion in the entire fallout series?   Sun 14 Oct 2018 - 5:52

The worst companion in my experience in playing Fallout 3 and New Vegas would be probably Fawkes. I know people love Fawkes but whenever I use him, for some reason, she either goes missing completely or doesn't shoot the enemy in time before my heads blown off. Not the worse companion of course, but not my favourite. I could also say Preston Garvey but, Drags has already got that covered.

Never Be Afraid

Back to top Go down
View user profile https://instagram.com/monstermen_111/
yarknot

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Worst Companion in the entire fallout series?   Sun 14 Oct 2018 - 13:44

For some reason I have always had an irrational hatred for Deacon from FO4. I have beaten the game with every faction multiple times, except the Railroad. Almost entirely because of Deacon. What did that mod for Skyrim say? I think it was the Forgotten City? "The many will pay for the sins of the one". Well, synths will never be free and the Railroad dies every time because Deacon is an annoying POS.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RosslikesCheese

PostSubject: Re: Worst Companion in the entire fallout series?   Sun 14 Oct 2018 - 17:30

@"ImpKing64" Obviously Preston for only existing to provide the player his constant radiant quests non stop. He has no character, all he does is send the player to help settlements and do nothing in return. Him and the entirety of the Minutemen are just hoaky good guys, who only wants to help others and nothing else. The only reason he and that faction exists is mostly because of the settlement mode, which is the part of the game I would happily avoid as a whole.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GoofyGoo6er

Character sheet
Faction: Republic of Dave
Level: 31

PostSubject: Re: Worst Companion in the entire fallout series?   Sun 14 Oct 2018 - 18:15

Curie for me. Although, I like robot curie....just not person curie......I just think they take something unique, like a french sounding robot, and then just make it generic by turning her into a person.

I know....crucify me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Worst Companion in the entire fallout series?   

Back to top Go down

Worst Companion in the entire fallout series?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2