Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
Ryse vault hunk dead Armor Mask Call boomers daryl NPCs FCOM commonwealth riot money Superpele Overhaul Reforged Gear ghoul marvel machine body wolfenstein mandalorian boom khan
Latest topics
» Howdy from grandmastoes
NV: Freezing/out of memory frequently Emptyby Apoc Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:06 am

» armor slot changing in creation kit
NV: Freezing/out of memory frequently Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:22 pm

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
NV: Freezing/out of memory frequently Emptyby gavin gold Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
NV: Freezing/out of memory frequently Emptyby HardComma Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:42 am

» Hello from nexus
NV: Freezing/out of memory frequently Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:54 pm

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
NV: Freezing/out of memory frequently Emptyby BellToadTall Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:06 am

» The Next fallout
NV: Freezing/out of memory frequently Emptyby BellToadTall Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:01 am

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
NV: Freezing/out of memory frequently Emptyby BellToadTall Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:55 am

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
NV: Freezing/out of memory frequently Emptyby CosmoMods Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:52 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
NV: Freezing/out of memory frequently Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:11 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
NV: Freezing/out of memory frequently Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
NV: Freezing/out of memory frequently Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
NV: Freezing/out of memory frequently Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:14 pm

» Modder looking for gun mods
NV: Freezing/out of memory frequently Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:33 pm

» schorched enclave officer
NV: Freezing/out of memory frequently Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:13 pm

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
NV: Freezing/out of memory frequently Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:29 pm

» Late Introduction
NV: Freezing/out of memory frequently Emptyby Battleclad Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:29 am

» Greetings!
NV: Freezing/out of memory frequently Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:01 pm

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
NV: Freezing/out of memory frequently Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:48 am

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
NV: Freezing/out of memory frequently Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:50 pm

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

NV: Freezing/out of memory frequently

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wertologist

Wertologist

NV: Freezing/out of memory frequently Empty
PostSubject: NV: Freezing/out of memory frequently   NV: Freezing/out of memory frequently EmptyMon Jul 30, 2018 4:18 am

I just reinstalled the game and a few mods, but I'm running into a frustrating problem. I randomly get booted out due to being "out of memory" or the game just wonks out due to loading. Like, I tried fast traveling for GS graveyard to the cooking spot and it froze a bit during loading, but when it came back, I was at the location, but nothing else had loaded. Just the cell's base terrain. No rocks, no items, no objects. I could even see the edge of the cell void. Just before that, it froze a bit when I was heading up the hill to the graveyard. When it came back, the lower half of the screen was frozen and the upper half was a condensed fullscreen.

I never really had this issue much in the past. This problem only came up one of the last few times I played NV(one of the reasons I uninstalled it). I even freeze on the main menu sometimes.

I have all the basic fixes like casm, stutter remover, and 4gbnv. Of course, I'm not entirely sure which 4gbnv I should be using as there seems to be 3 different versions. I used the most recent one, but I still get out of memory issues. Years ago(same computer) I could run this game without this ever happening, but now I can't and I don't know why. Can anyone help me fix it so I can play the game?

Mods:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
celtic_spike

celtic_spike

PostSubject: Re: NV: Freezing/out of memory frequently   NV: Freezing/out of memory frequently EmptyMon Jul 30, 2018 6:36 am

if you are using stutter remover have you tried increasing the iheap size above 250?
there is also a setting in the same .ini breplaceheap that can cause the OOM issue so see if that's enabled.
have you confirmed the game runs ok with no mods installed?

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: NV: Freezing/out of memory frequently   NV: Freezing/out of memory frequently EmptyMon Jul 30, 2018 7:38 am

RoyBatty posted his Fallout New Vegas Stutter Remover file in the FoESMM Discord not too long ago. Been using it with my game for a while and it works like a charm. I'll post it here.

Roy's NVSR.ini:

And OOM can also be caused by ENB's using too much of your VRAM. For example, an ENB could be using 8 gig's of your VRAM when you only have 4. If you have an ENB, you will need to input your VRAM into the enblocal.ini, so this doesn't happen. Also using the borderless windowed feature that comes with ENB improves performance durastically.

Hope these can help you.
Back to top Go down
hitman47101

hitman47101

PostSubject: Re: NV: Freezing/out of memory frequently   NV: Freezing/out of memory frequently EmptyMon Jul 30, 2018 7:42 am

Use this version of the 4gb patch, its the most up to date and by far the best option: https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/62552

I'd also recommend using NVSEs built in heap replacer over the stutter removers version, its less likely to cause crashes. Make an ini file called "nvse_config" in your NVSE folder and add this:

[Memory]
DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=420

I use 420 myself, its generally pretty safe/stable.

You can set this in your Fallout.ini.

[General]
bPreemptivelyUnloadCells=1

Your mileage may vary, I've never had to use it myself but I suspect that loading times when going into cells you've already been in will be a little longer then normal with it enabled.

Never had any luck at all with ENBoost, its always caused more stutters for me regardless of settings but if you're desperate its probably worth a try.

Beyond that the only general advice I can give is avoid 4k textures like the devil, only use 2k stuff for things you consider important and try to avoid using anything that greatly increases the number of objects and/or people in cells/the world.

Hope some of this helps.
Back to top Go down
grendelsden

grendelsden

PostSubject: Re: NV: Freezing/out of memory frequently   NV: Freezing/out of memory frequently EmptyFri Aug 03, 2018 11:59 pm

I had a similar issue. Came down to Windows 10 Fall Creator's Update, which was causing issues with New Vegas Stutter Remover and seemingly the 4GB Patch. So if you're running that OS with that update, that may be the core issue. You may need to try the following;

As mentioned above, try using the FNV 4GB Patcher. If that fails to help (which it did for me for some reason) you may need to purchase the game from GOG, who actually quality assure the game will function on current operating systems, including Windows 10 with the Fall Creator's Update. After a week of failure attempting to fix the issues, I gave in and uninstalled the Steam version and then got the game from GOG and installed. That alone made the game stable enough to run.

But I was still having issues with lags and massive stuttering. After some research into that I discovered that if you're running Windows 10 with Fall Creator's Update, you'll have to go into the New Vegas Stutter Remover's ini file and have the following lines as follows...
bHookCriticalSections=0
bHookLightCriticalSections=0

Those two things solved the issues. Hope this and the other suggestions help you troubleshoot and resolve yours. Goodluck.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/GrendelsDenDesignStudio
Wertologist

Wertologist

PostSubject: Re: NV: Freezing/out of memory frequently   NV: Freezing/out of memory frequently EmptyMon Aug 06, 2018 6:34 am

@celtic_spike Not sure how to do that.

@OpZinE So to try that, I just paste that over the ini file?

@hitman47101 I tried that patch first and it didn't help. I made those changes in the ini and it didn't seem to help at all. I still freeze or crash every few minutes.

@grendelsden I'm poor so I can't really justify buying the game again. I'd rather try to get my Steam version to work. I'm using whatever version Steam has installed which I assume is the latest version.

I'll try those ini tweaks to see if it helps at all. I hope it does because I just want to play the game and not deal with issues anymore.
Back to top Go down
celtic_spike

celtic_spike

PostSubject: Re: NV: Freezing/out of memory frequently   NV: Freezing/out of memory frequently EmptyMon Aug 06, 2018 7:26 am

@Wertologist this is from the stutter remover readme/instructions

Settings Adjustments:
Default configuration is aimed at maximum stability. The settings are stored in sr_New_Vegas_Stutter_Remover.ini, in the Data/NVSE/Plugins Folder. The following changes are for maximum performance:
1. [Recommended] In the "Master" section, change bReplaceHeap from 0 to 1. If crashes result, go to the "Heap" section and change iHeapAlgorithm from 6 to 5, 3, or 2. If you have used a 4GB / LAA enabler (which I recommend), then in the "Heap" section also change iHeapSize from 250 to, oh, 450 is probably enough.

cant guarantee it will fix your issue but its worth a try.

Wertologist

PostSubject: Re: NV: Freezing/out of memory frequently   NV: Freezing/out of memory frequently EmptyMon Aug 06, 2018 8:15 am

@grendelsden @celtic_spike Turns out the ini tweaks for the stutter remover worked perfectly. I'm no longer crashing or freezing.

I appreciate everyone else for trying to help me fix this.
Back to top Go down
OpZinE

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: NV: Freezing/out of memory frequently   NV: Freezing/out of memory frequently EmptyMon Aug 06, 2018 1:07 pm

To answer your question, yes. Paste the lines into your ini, replacing the current lines.
Back to top Go down
celtic_spike

celtic_spike

PostSubject: Re: NV: Freezing/out of memory frequently   NV: Freezing/out of memory frequently EmptyTue Aug 07, 2018 12:56 am

Wertologist wrote:
@grendelsden @celtic_spike  Turns out the ini tweaks for the stutter remover worked perfectly. I'm no longer crashing or freezing.

I appreciate everyone else for trying to help me fix this.

glad to hear that man . hope that's the end of your troubles

grendelsden

PostSubject: Re: NV: Freezing/out of memory frequently   NV: Freezing/out of memory frequently EmptyTue Aug 07, 2018 1:12 am

Good to here. Hopefully that'll be the end of the issues for you.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/GrendelsDenDesignStudio
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NV: Freezing/out of memory frequently   NV: Freezing/out of memory frequently Empty

Back to top Go down

NV: Freezing/out of memory frequently

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1