Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
boomers wolfenstein ghoul commonwealth Ryse vault Call Gear daryl Superpele Overhaul machine NPCs riot money hunk dead Reforged Mask FCOM khan marvel body mandalorian boom Armor
Latest topics
» Howdy from grandmastoes
Favorite Faction In FNV? Emptyby Apoc Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:06 am

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Favorite Faction In FNV? Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:22 pm

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Favorite Faction In FNV? Emptyby gavin gold Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Favorite Faction In FNV? Emptyby HardComma Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:42 am

» Hello from nexus
Favorite Faction In FNV? Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Favorite Faction In FNV? Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:06 pm

» The Next fallout
Favorite Faction In FNV? Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Favorite Faction In FNV? Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Favorite Faction In FNV? Emptyby CosmoMods Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:52 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Favorite Faction In FNV? Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:11 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
Favorite Faction In FNV? Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Favorite Faction In FNV? Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Favorite Faction In FNV? Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
Favorite Faction In FNV? Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:33 pm

» schorched enclave officer
Favorite Faction In FNV? Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Favorite Faction In FNV? Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:29 am

» Late Introduction
Favorite Faction In FNV? Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:29 pm

» Greetings!
Favorite Faction In FNV? Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:01 pm

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
Favorite Faction In FNV? Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:48 am

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
Favorite Faction In FNV? Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:50 am

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Favorite Faction In FNV?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
gratedparm

gratedparm

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

Favorite Faction In FNV? Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Faction In FNV?   Favorite Faction In FNV? EmptyTue Jul 24, 2018 3:23 am

Hey all! I just finished my first run of Fallout: New Vegas, and first of all this being my second fallout game that I've played (Fallout 4 being the first), I have to say it is by far my favorite and look forward to playing through it again. I chose to side with the NCR because I hated the Legion and thought they could help Vegas the best, not to mention they look cool as h*ck. That being said, I was wondering what y'all's favorite faction was in fnv?

Lilkrasdog

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Faction In FNV?   Favorite Faction In FNV? EmptyTue Jul 24, 2018 4:19 am

Usually go Independent as it's the only faction that I think is the best for Vegas.

NCR doesn't care about the people and is grabbing as much land as they can. Not bothering to protect any of it. They want the land and the benefits but don't actually care about the people.

The Legion is... well evil. You know slaves, and murder, and other stuff like that. But they actually protect their lands and people. So one point for them I guess.

House is stuck in the past. Wanting to recreate the old Vegas. Not realizing that the old Vegas is gone and he needs to look to the future. House puts more stock in robots than people.

Independent can basically be anything you want. Good or evil. Save the Mojave or burn it to the ground.
Back to top Go down
gratedparm

gratedparm

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Faction In FNV?   Favorite Faction In FNV? EmptyTue Jul 24, 2018 4:27 am

I'll have to try independent, I agree with most of your points but the NCR still does protect its citizens, however only their citizens. Anyone that isn't in their jurisdiction they couldn't care less about. They do tax highly, but offer much protection in exchange. And as you said the legion are just murderous slavers so the alternative seems well worth it to me. For example the legion were planning on killing most of the Great Khans after they won the dam. Which makes them pretty scummy in the regard of caring about their people in my eyes.

ahyuser001

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Faction In FNV?   Favorite Faction In FNV? EmptyTue Jul 24, 2018 7:45 am

Probably the Enclave Remnants because I liked their story of redemption/revenge(depending on your choice during the quest "For Auld Lang Syne") and they are kick ass during the second battle of Hoover Dam.

Will there be enough Dakka?
Back to top Go down
Vergilius

Vergilius

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Faction In FNV?   Favorite Faction In FNV? EmptyWed Jul 25, 2018 4:14 am

Not counting independent since that's kinda cheating due to it being entirely up to what you/your Courier wants it to be, I really like Caesar's Legion. They're far more interesting both ideologically and aesthetically. The NCR were always kinda boring to me basically just being a fairly standard "corrupt democracy" without any characters with the same kinda of intrigue and charisma of Caesar himself. Big fan of Ancient Roman stuff so that adds another appeal for me. It's already been said a million times everywhere on and off the internet but it's just such a shame that a lot of their content got cut because reading up on their lore is so interesting and it would have been even better to be able to actually see it play out in game with real Legion towns and get to explore Legion culture more.

Lilkrasdog

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Faction In FNV?   Favorite Faction In FNV? EmptyWed Jul 25, 2018 9:09 pm

I agree that the Legion was more or less gutted for NV and I think they actually admitted that. I think Ulysses was originally supposed to be a Legion sympathizer or spy but I can't say for certain. Would loved to have traveled Legion territory seeing how people were treated and how safe the area was without raider or tribals to worry about. Not actually seeing it and only hearing about it feels like a sever dumbing down.

Maybe if there was a way to overthrow Caesar and take control of the Legion for oneself.
Back to top Go down
Muhammad Dzikri Pratama

Muhammad Dzikri Pratama

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Faction In FNV?   Favorite Faction In FNV? EmptyWed Jul 25, 2018 10:19 pm

I love the BOS and kinda sad that we can't finish the game with BOS

Hopefully there's a mod for that in the future (either the courier become elder or maybe Veronica)
Back to top Go down
DonEsteban

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Faction In FNV?   Favorite Faction In FNV? EmptyFri Jul 27, 2018 12:09 am

I like the legion. While they may be rapists and slavers, they actually protect their citizens, no matter how far their empire reaches, they care about everyone not just one city, and they are not as corrupt and stupid as the NCR.

They have been able to sustain their empire that reaches across at least 4 states, while the NCR can only hold onto one. When they take over land they are going to keep it bandit and criminal free. While it is terrible to be so harsh, it is also very effective. The guy in the Legion camp only trades in legion territory because it is safe there. Trading means cities, cities mean civilians so they aren't just one big army.

They have the right idea. The world has been set back to square one, so we need to start at square one not scramble right back up to square 21. We need to start from the ground up and create our own technologies. We can't just live off of what America left behind, because the path they took lead them to ruin. We need to find different sources of energy, find other ways to advance society and stop from bombing us back to Oblivion again.

The only problem for the legion is Caesar dying. How ever there are people that he can teach his ideals to, people that he can pass his legacies to. When he dies Legatatus Lanius will have to be put down for the good of the Legion (if he doesn't agree with that, that he can not be the next Caesar). The man who will lead the Legion will probably be Lucius. Caesar trusts him with everything other than leading his troops.
Back to top Go down
1A

1A

Character sheet
Name: Tabellarius
Faction: NCR
Level: 50

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Faction In FNV?   Favorite Faction In FNV? EmptyFri Jul 27, 2018 2:40 am

I really liked the tribes in Honest Hearts, they have some neat lore around them. It's really too bad that we never got more stuff involving them or New Canaan in the main game. Retroactively writing them as just having died off was a pretty poor choice IMO.
Back to top Go down
Hawkborne

Hawkborne

Character sheet
Name: Vickers
Level: 18

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Faction In FNV?   Favorite Faction In FNV? EmptyFri Jul 27, 2018 4:08 am

"My only true allegiance is to myself."
-Courier, to scientist at Helios One.

...or so I would say, but the NCR is just too damn likable.
I know it's a mainstream choice, and the hipster in me cries at it, but I've always liked the NCR.

When I was a kid, I played the earlier Fallout games. When I first walked into NCR, and talked to the Rangers about how I feel about slavers, I thought that what they were trying to do was the coolest thing ever.
Then again, EVERYTHING is the coolest thing ever when you kid. This is just one of those things that left a lasting impression on me, I suppose. So I was happy to see them return in New Vegas.

Vergilius

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Faction In FNV?   Favorite Faction In FNV? EmptyWed Aug 01, 2018 3:55 am

1A wrote:
I really liked the tribes in Honest Hearts, they have some neat lore around them. It's really too bad that we never got more stuff involving them or New Canaan in the main game. Retroactively writing them as just having died off was a pretty poor choice IMO.
I hate how Honest Hearts just kinda "ends" and Zion becomes a mostly empty scenic area with most of the named characters like Joshua leaving and none of the tribes really having any unique dialog not to mention the unceremonious footlocker of all the unique clothing at the end it just feels really weird and like they're kickin ya out the door because theres no more to see here. I would have loved the tribes to maybe expand a bit more into Zion if you fight off the White Legs or have a new area somewhere outside Zion where the tribal refugees are staying with Daniel and Joshua or whatever. Just something besides everyone important playing the disappearing act.

invaderdimz

Character sheet
Name: Zatch
Faction: Night owls
Level: 7

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Faction In FNV?   Favorite Faction In FNV? EmptyWed Aug 01, 2018 7:38 pm

The boomers are cool, I wish they made them more in depth in fnv. If I was in new vegas world I'd wanna stick with them so I can just bomb every butthead who comes near me.
Back to top Go down
Leannia

Leannia

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Faction In FNV?   Favorite Faction In FNV? EmptyFri Aug 10, 2018 12:36 am

Mr. House of course. House as the president of the NCR would be the ideal option in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
GlamGlob

GlamGlob

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Faction In FNV?   Favorite Faction In FNV? EmptyFri Aug 17, 2018 3:23 am

I think independant is the best ending for the game, it really does give you the freedom of choice. However I say the NCR are the best faction, I love Fallout 1 and 2 so it's really cool to see the NCR get super big.
Back to top Go down
1A

1A

Character sheet
Name: Tabellarius
Level: 50

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Faction In FNV?   Favorite Faction In FNV? EmptyMon Aug 20, 2018 6:24 am

Vergilius wrote:
1A wrote:
I hate how Honest Hearts just kinda "ends" and Zion becomes a mostly empty scenic area with most of the named characters like Joshua leaving and none of the tribes really having any unique dialog not to mention the unceremonious footlocker of all the unique clothing at the end it just feels really weird and like they're kickin ya out the door because theres no more to see here. I would have loved the tribes to maybe expand a bit more into Zion if you fight off the White Legs or have a new area somewhere outside Zion where the tribal refugees are staying with Daniel and Joshua or whatever. Just something besides everyone important playing the disappearing act.

IIRC (I might be wrong, haven't played New Vegas in years) this literally was what happened lore wise. Everyone up and vanished because that's what they did; they were leaving to find new land/escape the white legs. The dead horses stayed because they weren't part of the group Daniel and Joshua was with. Again, I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure it was meant to feel empty after.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Faction In FNV?   Favorite Faction In FNV? Empty

Back to top Go down

Favorite Faction In FNV?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1