Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
Ryse hunk port machine money ghoul wolfenstein boomers Gear Mask NPCs body vault mandalorian khan leon Superpele power boom dead commonwealth riot marvel Metal brotherhood Reforged
Latest topics
» Roland Deschain ist The Mysterious Stranger and other t
Are People "Self Entitled" to Mods? - Page 2 Emptyby SpaceRanger Mon Jul 22, 2024 2:15 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
Are People "Self Entitled" to Mods? - Page 2 Emptyby SpaceRanger Mon Jul 22, 2024 1:25 am

» [FO4] Doom 2016 models as replecement.
Are People "Self Entitled" to Mods? - Page 2 Emptyby SpaceRanger Sun Jul 21, 2024 1:12 am

» [FO4] Secret Service armor, helmet headlamp
Are People "Self Entitled" to Mods? - Page 2 Emptyby fossaceca17 Sat Jul 20, 2024 8:19 pm

» The Legion are fascists, let's discuss it.
Are People "Self Entitled" to Mods? - Page 2 Emptyby Cipher22 Thu Jul 11, 2024 9:28 pm

» The Next fallout
Are People "Self Entitled" to Mods? - Page 2 Emptyby Cipher22 Thu Jul 11, 2024 9:25 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Are People "Self Entitled" to Mods? - Page 2 Emptyby Cipher22 Thu Jul 11, 2024 9:21 pm

» Afterlife discord
Are People "Self Entitled" to Mods? - Page 2 Emptyby Willaemann Tue Jul 09, 2024 11:44 am

» What happened to Outlawer's pack 1?
Are People "Self Entitled" to Mods? - Page 2 Emptyby Trappy82 Sun Jun 16, 2024 10:17 pm

» Greetings
Are People "Self Entitled" to Mods? - Page 2 Emptyby septron Fri Jun 14, 2024 6:49 am

» Starfield
Are People "Self Entitled" to Mods? - Page 2 Emptyby jaypak Mon Jun 10, 2024 1:56 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Are People "Self Entitled" to Mods? - Page 2 Emptyby RockstarAC16 Mon Jun 03, 2024 3:19 am

» Just a tired engineer with too little free time
Are People "Self Entitled" to Mods? - Page 2 Emptyby Lonesome_Wanderer Thu May 30, 2024 9:02 pm

» Hello everyone. Looking to add classic Fallout in FO4
Are People "Self Entitled" to Mods? - Page 2 Emptyby Lonesome_Wanderer Thu May 30, 2024 8:53 pm

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Are People "Self Entitled" to Mods? - Page 2 Emptyby SpookyGeist Wed May 29, 2024 6:39 am

» XHX Discord server.
Are People "Self Entitled" to Mods? - Page 2 Emptyby TheGoodKoosh Sat May 25, 2024 3:25 pm

» Weird bug or glitch with Console Command. [FNV]
Are People "Self Entitled" to Mods? - Page 2 Emptyby nickenicole47 Sat May 25, 2024 1:05 am

» What's your favorite weapon in the Fallout Series
Are People "Self Entitled" to Mods? - Page 2 Emptyby FellowHumanOfOutpost31 Thu May 23, 2024 9:32 am

» (FO4) FO76 BOS Objects
Are People "Self Entitled" to Mods? - Page 2 Emptyby keelordd Wed May 22, 2024 12:53 am

» How to change the UI sound fx placed by a mod?
Are People "Self Entitled" to Mods? - Page 2 Emptyby immortallegion Sun May 12, 2024 4:40 pm

July 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
July 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Are People "Self Entitled" to Mods?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
CrackBabyJoe

CrackBabyJoe

Character sheet
Name: Trajan
Faction: Caesar's Legion
Level: 69 Dude!

Are People "Self Entitled" to Mods? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are People "Self Entitled" to Mods?   Are People "Self Entitled" to Mods? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2018 6:05 pm

Modders are like Batman. The people don't deserve him but he helps them anyway. I appreciate everything ever modder has done to make my game special and unique. Many people are extremely entitled and for some reason think modders are their slaves. Read some comment sections on nexus. Its disgusting how entitled a lot of these people are.

annex77

Character sheet
Name: AnNix!
Faction: Enclave
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Are People "Self Entitled" to Mods?   Are People "Self Entitled" to Mods? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2018 7:31 pm

@CrackBabyJoe That's exactly why I went G.U.N exclusive. Also most of the stuff I do now would get pulled in a day lol.

TheHermit

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level: 33

PostSubject: Re: Are People "Self Entitled" to Mods?   Are People "Self Entitled" to Mods? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2018 8:06 pm

God, I'd love to comment in-depth on this, but I know I'd rustle more than a few jimmies.

Muh Entitlement!

Are People "Self Entitled" to Mods? - Page 2 Hqdefault

MY MODS & MODS I'VE CONTRIBUTED TO:

Back to top Go down
https://thehermit.bio.link/
dantaefetticus

dantaefetticus

Character sheet
Name: Samson Ramsey
Faction: Independent
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Are People "Self Entitled" to Mods?   Are People "Self Entitled" to Mods? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2018 9:36 pm

@TheHermit Rustle those jimmies, sir!

Anyways, here's what I think about this whole thing. The reason why a lot of gamers feel this entitlement to Bethesda game mods is usually that of three reasons:

1. They probably have never tried making a mod themselves, thus not understanding how complex(unnecessarily complex in some cases) the GECK/Creation Kit is.

2. In this case for private GUN mods, they're used to mods being given to them without any type of effort being required--so they become flabbergasted about it.

3. They don't understand that the modding is a hobby for many people. For some, it could be a profession that they put a ton of hours into--but for the most part, it is just a fun hobby to burn some time into.

Now, about the whole private mod thing. When I first moved into the GUNetwork(This was around the time it was still called VGUnetwork!), I came for the mods. I had already learned about the whole getting access process beforehand, so I knew what I was getting myself into. However, as I interacted with others and started seeing sides of popular mod authors that I've never seen before, I began to really appreciate the quality of modding and the communities that came with that profession. This site felt very homely
and welcoming -- and still does to this day.

If I remember correctly, the time it took for me to get access to the private section was probably one or two months--which isn't a lot of time when you think about it. Here's the thing with getting access, though: Once you get access to the private section, it means that the longstanding members of GUN see you as an all-around decent person. The fact that you took the time to interact with the community really tells a lot about you.

I have spoken to many modders who have released popular works who were on the brink of retiring from modding publicly and deciding to just mod for themselves. I know some modders who have actually done that, and it's really sad. Modders do not have to release their work if they don't want to, but they do because they love to see the enjoyment of others playing their mods. That is why this whole mod leaking shit feels like a stab in the aorta to pretty much all modders. The mod author put all their time and effort to develop and release that mod(publicly or privately) just for some people to mess with it in such a disrespectful manner.

Posterize4VC

Posterize4VC

Character sheet
Name: Chef Vortivask
Faction: N/A
Level: 999

PostSubject: Re: Are People "Self Entitled" to Mods?   Are People "Self Entitled" to Mods? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2018 6:53 am

I think a lot of people are a bit entitled when it comes to work that isn't their own. I remember this whole debacle on Xbox One over mods being ported to Fallout 4 from Nexus, and many modders would refuse to port due to their content being stolen and uploaded without permission. Some people can't grasp with the fact that someone who created something extraordinary actually cares about how their creation is distributed.

Sirdanest

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction: Dependent
Level: Basement

PostSubject: Re: Are People "Self Entitled" to Mods?   Are People "Self Entitled" to Mods? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2018 2:00 pm

I've seen people get surprisingly angry and demanding of modders, as if indeed they paid money for the mod. But think I think about just how angry the gamer community can get when money is actually involved (*Cough* Mass Effect). For some, that rage doesn't fade years later. We're often an angry,angry hobbyist community. Sad
Back to top Go down
Accelerator

Accelerator

Character sheet
Name: Accelerator
Level: 6

PostSubject: Re: Are People "Self Entitled" to Mods?   Are People "Self Entitled" to Mods? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2018 2:46 pm

The very reason I respect any decision made by a modder regarding their mods. They put work into something I clearly didn't, so why should I demand anything from them? Something some kids should understand is that a mod is private until the author makes it public, in the end, people just want more and are willing to rebel when they don't get it.

"Someone that kills if given a reason, is definitely not a hero." - Accelerator
Back to top Go down
Heisenberg

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Are People "Self Entitled" to Mods?   Are People "Self Entitled" to Mods? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 12, 2018 8:30 pm

A lot of people are entitled on the internet, makes no difference whether its in a modding community or anywhere else. I think many people in the community dont see modders as real people with lives, and the worst people see modders as villians even. Whenever a mod is ported without permission from the original creator to Beth.net by a mod thief, the justification usually given is that “the author is a PC elitist”. The mod thief usually fails to see that, despite the view of the creator, elitist or not, that it really doesnt matter since the authors own THEIR creation, therefore they decide where it is distributed, etc. There’s no use trying to be the champion of the downtrodden when the content is legally not even your own.

In short, you want PC mods, find a PC. Console gamers should be happy with the table scraps they get as long as they refuse to make the switch. In fact, they should be happy they even can use mods. The concept was and still is pretty uncommon for games to allow mods for consoles.
Back to top Go down
calscks

calscks

Character sheet
Name: calscks
Faction: Brotherhood of Food
Level: 99

PostSubject: Re: Are People "Self Entitled" to Mods?   Are People "Self Entitled" to Mods? - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 15, 2018 11:09 pm

true, it's the internet itself. this doesn't only apply to modding community, but in any online communities as well. they may express loud and full of themselves with a 24/7 internet connection and a keyboard, but when being met in person they couldn't talk and look into your eyes properly.
Back to top Go down
CptnBrryCrnch

CptnBrryCrnch

PostSubject: Re: Are People "Self Entitled" to Mods?   Are People "Self Entitled" to Mods? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 16, 2018 2:41 am

Perhaps we could expand this conversation to be about 'the internet' in general. People say things behind a screen which they would NEVER say in person. Or they tweet insane things.

And so we have a person (an author) who wanted to share something and then people castigate him(or her) because the mod could have this scope or that texture or whatever.

Or worse, people go after each other based on aesthetic. Like Xilandro's older fnv vids. He was demonstrating the AMAZING mod which quantified bullet speed and drop in the game(holy shit) and video commentators would comment on his (female) character's aesthetics. And then the poor guy stopped posting and took down the video.

So I would go further, not only are people self entitled but they behave terribly when it comes to games and online interactions with others.

dantaefetticus

dantaefetticus

Character sheet
Name: Samson Ramsey
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Are People "Self Entitled" to Mods?   Are People "Self Entitled" to Mods? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 16, 2018 5:39 am

@CptnBrryCrnch Couldn’t of said it better myself.

sgtrock31

sgtrock31

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction: Minutemen
Level: 1

PostSubject: Re: Are People "Self Entitled" to Mods?   Are People "Self Entitled" to Mods? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 15, 2018 4:04 am

Absolutely people like myself (maybe not necessarily me but partially me) are totally unappreciative of all the hard work modding heroes do. I've never been able to invest in the community here the way i dream i could, i'm too lazy. The same reason i'm not successful or at least never completed any of my own mod ideas or ya know at least finish a script. Let's not make this about me though. Modding is hard work, so if i've never said it before i APPRECIATE all the great work modders and their helpers do getting shit to work right.

I get why people are entitled though. It's all just game magic to us lowly commoners. Don't even ask me how i use to think modelling worked it'll give you a hoot!

Anyways i like this websites way even if it doesn't give me instant gratification. Though sometimes i wish i still could get it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are People "Self Entitled" to Mods?   Are People "Self Entitled" to Mods? - Page 2 EmptySat May 19, 2018 1:23 pm

In my personal opinion, it's not that they are self entitled, it's just because they're really impatient. Maybe some of those people who complain about how this site work are just some newbies that just got into modding games. And since, I bet 9 out of 10 people got their first few mods from the Nexus, where there's no"bullshit" as they said, are annoyed that they have to contributed in this site to get mods access.
Back to top Go down
celtic_spike

celtic_spike

PostSubject: Re: Are People "Self Entitled" to Mods?   Are People "Self Entitled" to Mods? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 21, 2018 2:28 am

unfortunately the problem of "self entitlement" is a widespread problem in the gaming community.
when you look at the work that's put into making a mod, I don't see a problem with being asked to contribute "something" to get mods. Sure you con donate over at nexusmods but the "vast" majority of gamers would never even dream of giving something back in that way.

HectorSuarezking

Character sheet
Name: Hector calhoun
Faction: Ncr
Level: 68

PostSubject: Re: Are People "Self Entitled" to Mods?   Are People "Self Entitled" to Mods? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 24, 2018 7:26 pm

i think that it's better to work for something you want, instead of sitting there whining actually go and contribute to the community, a lot of people nowadays expect everything to be handed to them instead of working to get what they want they say they don't have time but contributing doesn't take that much time depends on how you do it but other than that i wouldn't say their self entitled they just don't understand the site.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are People "Self Entitled" to Mods?   Are People "Self Entitled" to Mods? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Are People "Self Entitled" to Mods?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2