Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
Reforged dead money marvel body machine mandalorian ghoul Superpele boomers commonwealth space hunk Call NPCs khan Gear vault FCOM daryl wolfenstein Ryse upgrades boom riot Mask
Latest topics
» Modder looking for gun mods
How can I resolve errors using FNVEdit? Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:33 pm

» schorched enclave officer
How can I resolve errors using FNVEdit? Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:13 pm

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
How can I resolve errors using FNVEdit? Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:29 am

» Late Introduction
How can I resolve errors using FNVEdit? Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:29 pm

» Greetings!
How can I resolve errors using FNVEdit? Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:01 pm

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
How can I resolve errors using FNVEdit? Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:48 am

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
How can I resolve errors using FNVEdit? Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
How can I resolve errors using FNVEdit? Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:52 pm

» So I tried my hand at modding...
How can I resolve errors using FNVEdit? Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:01 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
How can I resolve errors using FNVEdit? Emptyby DoxxxBoxx Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:33 am

» hi i'm new person
How can I resolve errors using FNVEdit? Emptyby Jackfishproductions Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:00 am

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
How can I resolve errors using FNVEdit? Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:15 pm

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
How can I resolve errors using FNVEdit? Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:18 pm

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
How can I resolve errors using FNVEdit? Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:37 am

» Fallout Screenshots XIV
How can I resolve errors using FNVEdit? Emptyby Smellen D'generes Fri Feb 09, 2024 4:06 am

» New person
How can I resolve errors using FNVEdit? Emptyby W0NDER0FY0U Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:29 am

» Howdy pardners.
How can I resolve errors using FNVEdit? Emptyby DVAted Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:06 pm

» Suggestions for a Halo Themed TTW Playthrough
How can I resolve errors using FNVEdit? Emptyby apatheticman Mon Jan 29, 2024 5:44 pm

» who here is a mandalorian??
How can I resolve errors using FNVEdit? Emptyby chazmister Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:13 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
How can I resolve errors using FNVEdit? Emptyby Ndf Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:29 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

How can I resolve errors using FNVEdit?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Posterize4VC

Posterize4VC

Character sheet
Name: Chef Vortivask
Faction: N/A
Level: 999

How can I resolve errors using FNVEdit? Empty
PostSubject: How can I resolve errors using FNVEdit?   How can I resolve errors using FNVEdit? EmptyThu Feb 15, 2018 5:03 am

So I grasp the basic functionality of FNVEdit, but I don't know the best way to resolve mod errors. Is creating a merge patch enough?

darkstyler

PostSubject: Re: How can I resolve errors using FNVEdit?   How can I resolve errors using FNVEdit? EmptyThu Feb 15, 2018 10:38 am

@Posterize4VC Hello,

As I've done on Nexus, I will do the same here, a list of usefull tips on how to. This list will evolve and contains, among other things, what you're asking for :
merge patch is not enough, particularly to manage leveled lists, so either you make a bashed patch, either you resolve manually the conflicts in FNVedit. In your case see 3/// L.O.O.T / FNVedit : and 8/// Leveled lists :.

0/// Preamb : keep in mind Fallout new vegas has been built to work as is and even if it is made to be moddable, due to numerous things begining by the game itself, each single mod you add is a source of potential conflicts or unstability, even if it is well done. So to be speaking, FNV should load, work well (almost) without any mod and...untouched. The goal of the following tips is to avoid you to reinstall everything from scratch and show you it is far more easy, (longer at first) to do things correctly at the begining, than trying to correct things later  with a bunch of mods installed..

1/// Savegames :
Make sure autosaves / quick save are not activated (if loading problem try to reload previous saves).
Never overwrite when you save manually, create a new save every time.
Save often manually, (preferably inside of a building) and before anything important in game, before you begin a quest and before stopping playing, always inside in this case.
Get rid of corrupted saves + before stopping playing,each cession do a save inside (not outside).
If you do not trust your game, always check the files in your save folder, to ensure ther is not anything weird.
You may use CASM to manage your savegames.
If you have unintalled scripted mods at mid-game, I'm wondering if, alike skyrim, scripts from uninstalled mods stay in the saves. If it's the case, some of them can be "active" and call some parameters non available or something pointing to nowhere (or simply conflict)...like an uninstalled esp or esm...

2/// Game cache : right-click on the game in your steam account, select properties and verify the integrity of the cache to repair eventual corrupted files. Make a save of your *.inis first... Then use and let the vanilla launcher to determine the best settings for your computer.

3/// L.O.O.T / FNVedit : Some load order changes are enough to make a mess. Ensure you run loot, (download here) and apply its recommendations. LOOT can tell you if you have dirty plugins = Undelete and Disable References / Identical To Master records. The UDR are important, because if a mod loaded "late" in your load order calls a deleted reference, the game crashes. If the reference in question would have been disabled, the game would have worked.
Install FNVedit then load the first esm in your load order corresponding to the first mod right after the DLCs, (only one esm or esp at a time, if an esm has an esp, you'll clean it when it will be its turn in the load order, to ensure thing are done sequentially and properly) FNVedit knows the dependencies and will load its masters accordingly. Once everything is loaded, right-click on the left pane right on the esm in question, "apply filter for cleaning", wait for FNVedit to prepare the cleaning. When ready, right-click on the esm in question and "undelete and disable references", (this will transform every deleted files in disabled files = no more problem) then right-click on the esm again and "remove identical to master records". Ctrl + s to save and Alt + F4 to exit.
Do this for each following mod to ensure everything is clean and so on. I have for now 76 active plugins, and all are cleaned and I'm level 20, no crash so far... Tes5edit cleaning tutorial Do the UDR thing for every mod and the ITM only if loot tells you to do it because some mods are built like this and need these ITM, so better keeping them.

4/// Miscellaneous / selective loading : If above doesn't work, and you encounter crashes and infinite loading screens again : test your game with mods unticked for enough time to reproduce the problem. If this worked, tick again slowly your mods until you encounter the problem again.
Ensure your rig specifications meets what you're asking to your game : high res textures + high poly models + too high settings + too many textures / models to load + resources demanding mods = crash. Be also aware that the recommended specifications corresponds to a vanilla game, non modded without any additional texture pack.
If you're using win8-10 + a GPU with more than 4GB VRAM and experiencing stuttering, random freezes or / and FPS drops, this may occur when the VRAM usage exceeds 4GB, (with Nvidia only apparently...) read here for more details.

5/// Mods / textures & models : If this didn't work, always mods unticked, to invalidate the loaded loose files, (big numerous textures files can be a problem and high poly models too) rename temporarilly the Data/textures and meshes folders, load the game (don't use the continue option) and test.

6/// Inis settings : Bad ini changes can cause lot of trouble, save your actual ini files and delete them, then use the launcher to auto-detect your hardware and test for a while mods unticked.

7/// Stabilizing the game / utilities :  
NVSE & Gamerpoet's video tutorial. WIKI NVSE tutorial, configuration, heap size, etc....
Install the latest  4 Gb patch.
Install New Vegas Anti Crash.
Install New Vegas Stutter remover. From what I've heard, seems not compatible with windowns 10 FCU.
ENB graphics / ENB haxx (ENBOOST)

8/// Leveled lists : Conflicting leveled lists can also be a problem, here are 2 solutions :
Create a bashed patch. See Nexus bash Tags & wrye bash patch here + (download urls for each Bethesda game).
Create a manual patch : this is how things work with conflicts, leveled list can be forwarded manually with FNVedit, (drag & drop references) see here. IMPORTANT ! If you add a master to a plugin, once done, click on "sort masters", this will force FNVedit to adjust IDs to the new load order. If you forget this step, your plugin is dead and once reloading it, you'll have a ton of <error can't resolve>. This means FNVedit/or the game will try to load 006ADF23 reference but as you've added a master, it has been renamed to  007ADF23.
How to Make a Patch with Xedit by Thallassa
Mator the eternal's video fixing errors with xEdit.
• How to cancel modifications with xedit : do not save and close the program or if too late and the plugin is broken, no panic, you should have xedit backups in your data folder like this one : DeadMoney.esm.save.2018_02_18_16_38_42 >> date + hour. In case of several modifications, this may help to find which one is working before the last modification that broke the plugin Wink

9/// Reducing load order / merging : merging plugins : My game count 76 active plugins, with a special esm loaded right after the DLCs and packs. The goal is to serve as a compiled base of modified references, forwarded by a special patch, (esp) loaded almost last in my load order. For the rest I use FNV plugin utility since Fallout 3, to merge every similar mod, considering heavy mods can be problematic, (scripts conflicts among other things)  and similar mods means PNJ, weapons, armors, etc... so that I know where to search things with xEdit and which plugin is supposed to modify NPCs, or ammos, etc...
How to : easy, extract the archive on a local drive and click on the FNVPlugin.jar. If you have everything for this program to work you should obtain this windows :
How can I resolve errors using FNVEdit? Fnv-pl10
Close your mod manager first to ensure it won't do stupid things while you're merging / renaming files.
Make a backup of your 2 files you want to merge, (2 at a time maximum to ensure compatibility).
Rename the first file to, (the one already loaded by the game and resident in your savegames) let say...0001 and load it in the FNV plugin utility 1.
Load the second plugin using the merging plugins command menu 2.
Save as : name your plugin exactly like the original name to not confuse your game while in a playthrough (and mod manager). If it was "FNVbasemods.esm" use exactly the same name with the same extension. Save 3.
Load your merged file along with the 2 original files in xEdit to compare and make a "check errors".
Done.

10/// Making your own master / esm :
Start Xedit and load the plugin (*.esp) you want to tag as a master, once loaded, expand the left column of the esp and go to File header. Right-click on record flags and tick esm. CTrl + s to save then Alt + F4 to close = done.
Creating an esm file : there are probably many methods, I know this one, open an existing master with Xedit, expand the left column and select everything, (except file header, don't delete it, this would make the file unusable. ) then right-click and remove. Then go in the file header and modify author's name as you wish and version. Ctrl + s to save and Alt + F4 to close. After renaming it, you can now use your new personal master to merge other plugins in it, following the tutorial above.

11/// Documentation, articles & tools : Nexus FNV Mod Conflict Troubleshooting | ENB troubleshooting guide | Nvidia profile inspector & (documentation) | BSA browser standalone | Nif healer |

/// Credits♥️ : these persons have participated in a way or another to almost everything listed above, so a big thank to them.

Thallassa | Matortheeternal | Arthmoor | BorisVorontsof | GamerPoets | Gopher | TheCompiler (+ all the STEP team) | Luco81 (NMM forum) | Tannin42 | I2edShift | ElminsterAU, Sharlikran, Zilav, Hlp | Meh321 | Kapaer | Sheson | Mnelson999 | Hadoram | markdf |  Anton0028 | Wrinklyninja (L.O.O.T contributors) | Bcsp |
Hope this helps Smile

How can I resolve errors using FNVEdit? Sig-1214How can I resolve errors using FNVEdit? Bande-21How can I resolve errors using FNVEdit? Bande-22How can I resolve errors using FNVEdit? Bande-23How can I resolve errors using FNVEdit? Bande-24How can I resolve errors using FNVEdit? Bande-25

Last edited by darkstyler on Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:34 am; edited 22 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.gunetwork.org/t16839-tutorial-on-how-to-mod-your-hea
Implying

Implying

Character sheet
Name: Have a few of these
Faction: Vile Race
Level: Can't be measured

PostSubject: Re: How can I resolve errors using FNVEdit?   How can I resolve errors using FNVEdit? EmptyThu Feb 15, 2018 2:27 pm

@darkstyler Holy fuck, this is a really good guide. Props to you.

Hoppyhead

Hoppyhead

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: How can I resolve errors using FNVEdit?   How can I resolve errors using FNVEdit? EmptyFri Feb 16, 2018 2:03 am

Wow darkstyler that is a great tutorial! Very much appreciated. There is things that you list that I didn't know. Plus 1 to you!

Posterize4VC

Character sheet
Name: Chef Vortivask
Faction: N/A
Level: 999

PostSubject: Re: How can I resolve errors using FNVEdit?   How can I resolve errors using FNVEdit? EmptyFri Feb 16, 2018 3:46 am

@darkstyler The amount of gratitude I have for this guide is too much to express. Thank you so much, I wouldn't have expected such an in depth answer. Thank you so much for this, and i'm sure it will resolve my issues. You just saved me a world of headache!

darkstyler

PostSubject: Re: How can I resolve errors using FNVEdit?   How can I resolve errors using FNVEdit? EmptyFri Feb 16, 2018 9:08 am

@Posterize4VC @Hoppyhead @LordGeneralCheese Thanks for your kind comments.

This guide is going to evolve and I will post it every time someone needs helps with FNV, so I will make it as complete as possible.

Quote :
I wouldn't have expected such an in depth answer.
in my opinion, when troubleshooting, best results are obtained by working also around the problem because there's always something you can do to avoïd crashes or optimize your game efficiently. Then it's also a question of relaying information, people who have troubleshooted with it can transmit it to others and so on, this is how knowledge should work right ?

How can I resolve errors using FNVEdit? Sig-1214How can I resolve errors using FNVEdit? Bande-21How can I resolve errors using FNVEdit? Bande-22How can I resolve errors using FNVEdit? Bande-23How can I resolve errors using FNVEdit? Bande-24How can I resolve errors using FNVEdit? Bande-25
Back to top Go down
https://www.gunetwork.org/t16839-tutorial-on-how-to-mod-your-hea
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How can I resolve errors using FNVEdit?   How can I resolve errors using FNVEdit? Empty

Back to top Go down

How can I resolve errors using FNVEdit?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1