Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
khan Gear hunk Ryse Mask dead Call ghoul money Superpele FCOM marvel boom vault space NPCs machine commonwealth daryl wolfenstein mandalorian upgrades riot body boomers Reforged
Latest topics
» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Fallout new vegas shouldve had a BOS main ending. Emptyby ZedraxStereo Today at 3:44 am

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Fallout new vegas shouldve had a BOS main ending. Emptyby john96 Yesterday at 6:53 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Fallout new vegas shouldve had a BOS main ending. Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 1:43 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Fallout new vegas shouldve had a BOS main ending. Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 1:26 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
Fallout new vegas shouldve had a BOS main ending. Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 1:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Fallout new vegas shouldve had a BOS main ending. Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Fallout new vegas shouldve had a BOS main ending. Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
Fallout new vegas shouldve had a BOS main ending. Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:33 pm

» schorched enclave officer
Fallout new vegas shouldve had a BOS main ending. Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Fallout new vegas shouldve had a BOS main ending. Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:29 am

» Late Introduction
Fallout new vegas shouldve had a BOS main ending. Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:29 pm

» Greetings!
Fallout new vegas shouldve had a BOS main ending. Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:01 pm

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
Fallout new vegas shouldve had a BOS main ending. Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:48 am

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
Fallout new vegas shouldve had a BOS main ending. Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Fallout new vegas shouldve had a BOS main ending. Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:52 am

» So I tried my hand at modding...
Fallout new vegas shouldve had a BOS main ending. Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:01 pm

» hi i'm new person
Fallout new vegas shouldve had a BOS main ending. Emptyby Jackfishproductions Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:00 am

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
Fallout new vegas shouldve had a BOS main ending. Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:15 pm

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
Fallout new vegas shouldve had a BOS main ending. Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:18 pm

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
Fallout new vegas shouldve had a BOS main ending. Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:37 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Fallout new vegas shouldve had a BOS main ending.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
acostsan

acostsan

Character sheet
Name: Cross
Faction: Brotherhood Of Steel
Level: 22

Fallout new vegas shouldve had a BOS main ending. Empty
PostSubject: Fallout new vegas shouldve had a BOS main ending.   Fallout new vegas shouldve had a BOS main ending. EmptyMon Feb 05, 2018 12:32 am

Big Hello Smiley Ive always been a BOS player in all fallouts ive played.When i played New Vegas i was kind of disapointed that there was no BOS ending, so i usually make the independent vegas ending in most of my characters.Whats your opinion?

-"Through discourse, we gain the strength of our Brothers' minds.
-"Give way your suspicions to the wisdom of thine Elder. Where he shows trust, so shall you."
-"Shield yourself from those not bound to you by steel, for they are the blind. Aid them when you can, but lose not sight of yourself."
-"Fear those who do not pledge to the Brotherhood for though their eyes may be opened through service, they are now blind."
-"We do not help them, or let them in. We keep knowledge they must never have.
Back to top Go down
stoobygacks

stoobygacks

Character sheet
Name: Stooby of the Gacks
Faction: New California Republic
Level: FL360

PostSubject: Re: Fallout new vegas shouldve had a BOS main ending.   Fallout new vegas shouldve had a BOS main ending. EmptyMon Feb 05, 2018 2:59 am

It would only work if the BoS were a bigger faction in the game. Also I don't think that the BoS would be capable of running New Vegas because they are more set on group ideology instead of nation building.

Back to top Go down
MotionlessGhost

MotionlessGhost

Character sheet
Name: Evelyn
Faction: Vault 76
Level: 110

PostSubject: Re: Fallout new vegas shouldve had a BOS main ending.   Fallout new vegas shouldve had a BOS main ending. EmptyMon Feb 05, 2018 3:14 am

I don't know, I really don't see the Brotherhood surviving after the ending of New Vegas even if you chose to spare them, unless you went with the Yes Man ending. The NCR, Mr.House or the Legion would most likely destroy the rest of them. The NCR hates it when you spare them, the Legion would see them as a threat to their expansion and because of the Brotherhood's obsession with tech, and Mr. House wants them gone because they are an unknown variable.

So I would say if they did have an ending it would be a short lived victory and would end with them being offed like the Khans.

Fallout new vegas shouldve had a BOS main ending. 2UdjtkR
Back to top Go down
acostsan

acostsan

Character sheet
Name: Cross
Faction: Brotherhood Of Steel
Level: 22

PostSubject: Re: Fallout new vegas shouldve had a BOS main ending.   Fallout new vegas shouldve had a BOS main ending. EmptyTue Feb 06, 2018 11:28 pm

I guess yall kinda right. But if the BOS started to recruit tons of people like the midwestern they could possibly become a powerful faction one again. Veronica is right i guess,or we evolve or we die.
Back to top Go down
Spoofy

Spoofy

Character sheet
Name: El Greco
Faction: NCR
Level: 50

PostSubject: Re: Fallout new vegas shouldve had a BOS main ending.   Fallout new vegas shouldve had a BOS main ending. EmptySat Feb 10, 2018 11:29 am

BoS is probably my least favorite faction out there. In my opinion they'll never become as strong as the NCR or Caesar's Legion only due to the fact that their chapters have different ideas and there isn't a distinct feeling of unity between them.

They're very similar to the Boomers in the sense that they're extremely xenophobic, and xenophobic doesn't go hand in hand with expansion. Caesar's Legion was able to gain power rapidly due to their many conquering of tribes, while NCR expanded through trade, ect.

The Brotherhood of Steel is just a bigger version of the Boomers who hoard tech and occasionally help out the wastes if you ask me.

CodyA042

CodyA042

Character sheet
Name: TwoTimesThree
Faction: The Ciphers
Level: 1

PostSubject: Re: Fallout new vegas shouldve had a BOS main ending.   Fallout new vegas shouldve had a BOS main ending. EmptySat Feb 10, 2018 12:03 pm

The Brotherhood is frankly too small to warrant their own ending, their best case scenario would be an Independent Vegas, or some sort of lasting treaty with the NCR that kept them from getting killed off. Obviously they are still alive somewhere farther west than the Commonwealth or DC, as the West Coast chapters were contacted by then approved Maxson some time pre-FO4.
Back to top Go down
Wertologist

Wertologist

PostSubject: Re: Fallout new vegas shouldve had a BOS main ending.   Fallout new vegas shouldve had a BOS main ending. EmptySat Feb 10, 2018 12:15 pm

The BoS in NV were simply too weak to be one of the power players. They got decimated in their war with the NCR and were extremely xenophobic which meant that they very rarely accepted new members. The Courier has to go through a bunch of hoops just to talk to them. They simply don't have the numbers to be significant. The reason it boils down to the NCR, Legion, and House is because they each have a literal army. The BoS has a small handful of troops. They simply don't have enough to take on all 3 major forces. The 3 major players don't like them either. They might have a chance with allying with the NCR, but that's only if a diplomat is sent to them as they are too xenophobic to do it themselves. Mr. House asks you to blow them up if memory serves correctly and they would likely want to kill House because he's using advanced tech to play god and they abhor that. The Legion might not have too much to fight against the BoS, but they would want the BoS to kneel and assimilate, which the BoS would not do.

So all 3 major factions don't like them, outnumber them, and outgun them.
Back to top Go down
Visible Earth

Visible Earth

Character sheet
Name: Jak
Faction: Fiends
Level: 18

PostSubject: Re: Fallout new vegas shouldve had a BOS main ending.   Fallout new vegas shouldve had a BOS main ending. EmptySat Feb 10, 2018 5:38 pm

It did. It's when you side with Elijah in Dead Money.

Fallout new vegas shouldve had a BOS main ending. GqUKuf0
Back to top Go down
Spoofy

Spoofy

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Fallout new vegas shouldve had a BOS main ending.   Fallout new vegas shouldve had a BOS main ending. EmptySat Feb 10, 2018 5:50 pm

@"Visible Earth" Yeah, but that wasn't canon. Theoretically it could've happened, but I think that the Courier wouldn't be so stupid to side with Elijah unless they are mentally unstable like him.

Evmeister

Evmeister

PostSubject: Re: Fallout new vegas shouldve had a BOS main ending.   Fallout new vegas shouldve had a BOS main ending. EmptySat Feb 10, 2018 5:57 pm

There's a mod out there that allows you to spare the Brotherhood if you're playing for House. I think that's the best ending you can achieve. Honestly I would love to see the Brotherhood portrayed as they were in Fallout Tactics. I wish game would revisit the Chicago area and build on lore of the Mid West Brotherhood.

Spoofy

Spoofy

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Fallout new vegas shouldve had a BOS main ending.   Fallout new vegas shouldve had a BOS main ending. EmptySat Feb 10, 2018 6:02 pm

Evmeister wrote:
There's a mod out there that allows you to spare the Brotherhood if you're playing for House. I think that's the best ending you can achieve. Honestly I would love to see the Brotherhood portrayed as they were in Fallout Tactics. I wish game would revisit the Chicago area and build on lore of the Mid West Brotherhood.

I believe the mod is called "BrotherhoodHouseAlliance" and can be found at the Nexus site.

Sirdanest

Sirdanest

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction: Dependent
Level: Basement

PostSubject: Re: Fallout new vegas shouldve had a BOS main ending.   Fallout new vegas shouldve had a BOS main ending. EmptySat Feb 10, 2018 8:02 pm

The west coast BOS have traditionally been small, dying factions, despite their technological power. They never seem to fare well.
Back to top Go down
IRORIEH

IRORIEH

Character sheet
Name: Booker
Faction: The highest bidder
Level: 21

PostSubject: Re: Fallout new vegas shouldve had a BOS main ending.   Fallout new vegas shouldve had a BOS main ending. EmptySat Feb 10, 2018 9:28 pm

BOS of new Vegas is
1) Too small
2) Too weak
3) Too isolationist

If you play Veronica's quest through, you 'll learn that the BoS has no real interest in expansion or changing it's ways. House and Yes Man both agree that the BoS would oppose a Vegas defended by technology they didn't fully understand. Their real interest would be in disassembly and research as oppose to ruling Vegas. McNamara even admits that the BoS is destined to die out, and Hardin is entirely set in his ways. Neither seems like they have any intention of taking over Vegas since it offers nothing to their order's goals. They are neither ambitious or determined enough to put in the effort to take over Vegas, and they completely lack the power to take Vegas.
The player couldn't become Elder either since they are a complete stranger coming into a small, xenophobic order. No way would anyone follow them over two men they trust as Brothers.

All in all, it wouldn't make any sense, though that's not to say I didn't want a bigger BoS role in FNV. But I think after playing the first two fallouts, reading about Van Buren and taking into account the full extent of the West Coast Lore, it makes sense that a pseudo knightly order founded in the wake of nuclear war and a new dark age, are dying out now with the re-emergence of civilisation.

Back to top Go down
ahyuser001

ahyuser001

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Fallout new vegas shouldve had a BOS main ending.   Fallout new vegas shouldve had a BOS main ending. EmptyTue Feb 13, 2018 6:49 am

IIRC they have an ending but they only get it when you destroy the robot army of Mr. House + Independent Ending.

But if you are looking for a "Main Faction" like ending then I do not think that would work because, as everyone else have mentioned, they are far too small, isolationist and xenophobic.

They cannot hold that many areas because they do not have the man power nor do they care because of their isolationism and they will not take an outsider into their ranks(with the exception of the courier). The west coast BOS is too xenophobic to recruit people outside their circle for that.

Will there be enough Dakka?
Back to top Go down
Riddell26

Riddell26

Character sheet
Name: Commander Doom
Faction: Grand Army of The Republic
Level: 0-3

PostSubject: Re: Fallout new vegas shouldve had a BOS main ending.   Fallout new vegas shouldve had a BOS main ending. EmptyWed Feb 21, 2018 2:07 pm

The BOS were to undermanned to truly make a meaningful push against either the Legion or the NCR. The NCR had kill on sight order for the BOS anyway. If they weren't so xenophobic and recruited from the wasteland they may have had a chance, but the way they were written into New Vegas really didn't give them a chance at all.

"They grow up loyal to the Republic, or they don't grow up at all."
―Alpha-17
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fallout new vegas shouldve had a BOS main ending.   Fallout new vegas shouldve had a BOS main ending. Empty

Back to top Go down

Fallout new vegas shouldve had a BOS main ending.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1