Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
boomers Mask dead vault Call Ryse riot NPCs machine khan FCOM daryl upgrades boom space ghoul Superpele mandalorian Reforged money body hunk commonwealth wolfenstein marvel Gear
Latest topics
» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Worst NPC/Companion of all time? - Page 3 Emptyby ZedraxStereo Yesterday at 2:44 am

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Worst NPC/Companion of all time? - Page 3 Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:53 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Worst NPC/Companion of all time? - Page 3 Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:43 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Worst NPC/Companion of all time? - Page 3 Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:26 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
Worst NPC/Companion of all time? - Page 3 Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Worst NPC/Companion of all time? - Page 3 Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Worst NPC/Companion of all time? - Page 3 Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
Worst NPC/Companion of all time? - Page 3 Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
Worst NPC/Companion of all time? - Page 3 Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Worst NPC/Companion of all time? - Page 3 Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:29 am

» Late Introduction
Worst NPC/Companion of all time? - Page 3 Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:29 pm

» Greetings!
Worst NPC/Companion of all time? - Page 3 Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:01 pm

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
Worst NPC/Companion of all time? - Page 3 Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:48 am

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
Worst NPC/Companion of all time? - Page 3 Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Worst NPC/Companion of all time? - Page 3 Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:52 am

» So I tried my hand at modding...
Worst NPC/Companion of all time? - Page 3 Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:01 pm

» hi i'm new person
Worst NPC/Companion of all time? - Page 3 Emptyby Jackfishproductions Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:00 am

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
Worst NPC/Companion of all time? - Page 3 Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:15 pm

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
Worst NPC/Companion of all time? - Page 3 Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:18 pm

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
Worst NPC/Companion of all time? - Page 3 Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:37 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Worst NPC/Companion of all time?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
dragbody

dragbody

Character sheet
Name: Riddick
Faction: I bow to no man.
Level: Animal

Worst NPC/Companion of all time? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst NPC/Companion of all time?   Worst NPC/Companion of all time? - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 06, 2018 7:47 pm

I think it's funny how so many NPCs/companions are listed here and they are all viable contenders for the title of worst :p

For me:

Fallout 3 - Moira is genuinely annoying. She's overly contrived and her design is ugly to boot. Finishing her quest is tough because you just want her to shut up and get to the point.

Fallout NV - Fantastic or Swanick. These are both worthless characters that make you want to shoot them on sight rather than hear their voice. Tabitha running away with her robot lover is also a giant eye roll.

Fallout 4 - No contest and I'm far from the first to name him. Preston Garvey, a.k.a., the Jar Jar Binks of the Fallout franchise. You can't get away from him, you never want to hear what he has to say, and you always want him to die.
Back to top Go down
Judge Redd

Judge Redd

PostSubject: Re: Worst NPC/Companion of all time?   Worst NPC/Companion of all time? - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 06, 2018 11:15 pm

Fallout 4- Has to be Preston. The guy is so annoying that even when you get to his rather interesting background story, the damage is done and you just cant forget that hes going to remind you that someone else needs your help. 

Fallout 3 - Midea in the Pitt. Look, I get shes a slave and that she doenst just trust anyone, but for god sake werhner trusted you, she should too the second she discovers you just voluntarily enslaved yourself for her people. I mean, letting you know what the cure was and being maybe a little bit oless of a bitch to you would be a great improvement on her character in my opinion. Once again I realist that she is a slave and wants FREEDOM, but come on. Show a little concern and patience for the guy whose risking his life to save you. 

New Vegas- Honestly Swanick. I found him annoying on all counts. From the very first moment I met him. In fact I shot him in the head after our very first encounter, and have done so every time since (with the exception of my my pacifist playthrough). My god is he annoying.
Back to top Go down
Riddell26

Riddell26

Character sheet
Name: Commander Doom
Faction: Grand Army of The Republic
Level: 0-3

PostSubject: Re: Worst NPC/Companion of all time?   Worst NPC/Companion of all time? - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 22, 2018 6:56 am

Easily Preston he is just so irritating. Ive started slaughtering settlers when he sends me to "help" them. I do this to teach him a lesson, while he rots helplessly in the cell I moved him to under the ocean.

"They grow up loyal to the Republic, or they don't grow up at all."
―Alpha-17
Back to top Go down
ClicheDan276

ClicheDan276

PostSubject: Re: Worst NPC/Companion of all time?   Worst NPC/Companion of all time? - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 24, 2018 4:23 am

Jericho from fallout 3 I swear the moment this guy saw a rad roach he scream “JUST DIE ALREADY!” then sprint side ways into a wall until I hit the thing with a stick. Nto mention he required bad karma to travel with.
Back to top Go down
ahyuser001

ahyuser001

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Worst NPC/Companion of all time?   Worst NPC/Companion of all time? - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 24, 2018 4:41 am

Fallout 3 - Princess. I don't know why but I really want to punch her in the face. She is probably more annoying that Sticky(who won't shut up).

Fallout NV - Fantastic. I cannot stand his stupidity, ego and uselessness.

Fallout 4 - Preston Gravy Very Happy. He is like a really clingy girl/boyfriend and for some reason it pisses me off whenever he says "babe".

Will there be enough Dakka?
Back to top Go down
zodiac213

zodiac213

Character sheet
Name: Artyom
Faction: Mercenary
Level: Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Worst NPC/Companion of all time?   Worst NPC/Companion of all time? - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 12, 2018 10:48 pm

I just remember having Butch as a follower in FO3 for the sole purpose of being my punching bag. Whenever he mouthed off or said something stupid,I'd just dramatically turn around, pull out my trusty combat shotty,and feed him some lead. Than I'd start walking away not even waiting for him to "wake up".

YeezusJeezus

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Worst NPC/Companion of all time?   Worst NPC/Companion of all time? - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2018 1:45 am

Preston is the easiest answer. Would've been less irritating if he didn't hand out quests every 5 seconds

th3overseer

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Worst NPC/Companion of all time?   Worst NPC/Companion of all time? - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2018 6:44 pm

Worst NPC is, in my opinion, easily Ulysses. His motivations are insane and incredibly stupid, he takes a half-hour to relay a single sentence worth of information, and the other DLCs are constantly hyping him up as the ultimate badass, which seems to run contrary to my experiences of putting a .50 BMG round in the back of his head as soon as I enter his clubhouse. Problem solved.

His ultimate evil plan isn't even very interesting. All the build-up for this guy who "knows how to build nations, and how to destroy them", when his whole idea is to just launch some nukes, if he had the robot launch-key, which he doesn't.

Chito Bass

Chito Bass

PostSubject: Re: Worst NPC/Companion of all time?   Worst NPC/Companion of all time? - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 26, 2018 12:54 am

Sticky???
talks all the time, ask weapon dosent do anything....
Dr Li too does not use weapon lol!
Back to top Go down
SeleukosNikator

SeleukosNikator

PostSubject: Re: Worst NPC/Companion of all time?   Worst NPC/Companion of all time? - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 26, 2018 4:36 am

Short story about my hype for Fallout 4:

Bought the game at release, full price, was excited (I know, I know... I wanted to believe), fired up the game, played trough the intro, and shortly ran into this fellow by the name of Preston. Within 10 seconds of meeting him I thought "If I'm ever going to shoot an obviously relevant NPC in the face in true Fallout style, it's gonna be this guy, and it's gonna be NOW". So, shot him. Nothing happened. Refused his quest, got it anyway.

Thus began the road to disappointment...
Back to top Go down
Vrig88

Vrig88

PostSubject: Re: Worst NPC/Companion of all time?   Worst NPC/Companion of all time? - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2018 6:06 pm

Preston Garvey with the Common Wealth Minutemen. I try and just talk to the dude, and he’s always complaining and demanding to me to help people, especially settlements that I’ve helped before that no longer need my help....and Dogmeat (FO4 version), F*** You dude. I can’t even walk up a flight of stairs without you falling and getting hurt, or just completely disappearing.

loneheart9

Character sheet
Name: Matteo
Faction: Merc
Level: 25

PostSubject: Re: Worst NPC/Companion of all time?   Worst NPC/Companion of all time? - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2018 11:23 pm

Pretty much everyone apart from dogmeat

And even HE'S on thin ice
STOP BARKING WHENEVER I'M USING A CRAFTING BENCH OR I'LL SELL YOU TO THE NEXT HUNGRY CARAVAN GUARD I FIND
Back to top Go down
Choochoo1

Choochoo1

Character sheet
Name: Choochoo1
Faction: Bounty Hunter
Level: 1

PostSubject: Re: Worst NPC/Companion of all time?   Worst NPC/Companion of all time? - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 12, 2018 2:55 am

What's sad is preston would be a good character if he would just stop giving out quest for 5 minutes. I really wanna like the guy, I think he really does wanna help the commonwealth, But I just saved that settlement 10 mins ago.
Back to top Go down
farlas816

farlas816

PostSubject: Re: Worst NPC/Companion of all time?   Worst NPC/Companion of all time? - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 12, 2018 4:16 pm

I honestly love Fantastic. He's a lot of fun. I'm really disappointed by Strong in 4. He could have been made more interesting but it's all service level.

Sirdanest

Character sheet
Faction: Dependent
Level: Basement

PostSubject: Re: Worst NPC/Companion of all time?   Worst NPC/Companion of all time? - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 12, 2018 4:40 pm

I like dogmeat in 4. I usually dislike dog/pet/silent companions, because they're just weapons.  A dog-shaped thing that lowers the enemy's hit points a little.  Real dogs are not dog-shaped objects that exist only to lower the hit points of the enemy.  
Dog meat captures the "spirit" of a dog so much better.  He's got personality in his face, his animations, his actions.  I've been with unleashed dogs in the woods... they run head, lag behind, run away to who knows where for half an hour, and check out random shit.  Dogmeat does that.  It's inconvenient, sure, but it's charmingly more "real" than I ever expected from Bethesda of all things.  He's the first dog I kept wanting to hug, pet, or play with. I didn't care for older Dogmeats or dragon age Barkspawn. Dogmeat4 is closer to a real lifeform than Lydia or Paladin Cross.

Last edited by Sirdanest on Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
stoobygacks

stoobygacks

Character sheet
Name: Stooby of the Gacks
Faction: New California Republic
Level: FL360

PostSubject: Re: Worst NPC/Companion of all time?   Worst NPC/Companion of all time? - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 12, 2018 5:25 pm

The worst NPC has to be Barton Thorn. No one has fallen for his poorly thought out scam...and never will. May the geckos chew on him in hell.

Back to top Go down
loneheart9

loneheart9

Character sheet
Name: Matteo
Faction: Merc
Level: 25

PostSubject: Re: Worst NPC/Companion of all time?   Worst NPC/Companion of all time? - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 12, 2018 7:40 pm

stoobygacks wrote:
The worst NPC has to be Barton Thorn. No one has fallen for his poorly thought out scam...and never will. May the geckos chew on him in hell.

"sorry I tricked you >=)"
     -Barton Thorn 2281 {Shortly before being brutally murdered via many bullets to the face}
Back to top Go down
IRORIEH

IRORIEH

Character sheet
Name: Booker
Faction: The highest bidder
Level: 21

PostSubject: Re: Worst NPC/Companion of all time?   Worst NPC/Companion of all time? - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 12, 2018 8:45 pm

Worst companion? Butch.

Easily. He serves no purpose, has very little combat value and doesn't really have much of a character arc that makes me want to have him tail me around the wasteland.

Back to top Go down
Sirdanest

Sirdanest

Character sheet
Faction: Dependent
Level: Basement

PostSubject: Re: Worst NPC/Companion of all time?   Worst NPC/Companion of all time? - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 13, 2018 1:22 am

Hk-47 from Kotor (who I loved) said that you can bring peace by killing all the meatbags.

I don't like Caesar, because I think he was supposed to be a smart, practical, charismatic, tactical genius. But really, he's just an aggressively trusting, pontificating blowhard leading a pack of raiders. Hk-47 would approve, when Caesar brings order and peace to a freshly dug graveyard called the Mojave. So much potential to create a bad guy who "does what is necessary to stop history from repeating itself." But he just kills and enslaves, even when it's not tactically intelligent to do so. Such potential wasted, and I hate him for it. He needlessly slaughtered at least three towns in the Mojave that he could have conquered and _used_ instead, leading Lanius to realize that they will have to retreat. He's sexist without even a reason. No, "baby machines" are not a good excuse.
There are countless women in the fallout world who are such good shots that turning them into a baby machine is nothing short of utter stupidity. And I can bet you quite a few Couriers decided to shoot him in the head right there and then on that issue alone. A lot of Caesars in a lot of games died for that alone. Wink

He's tactically foolish and a black-and-white badguy, who shouldn't have been either.

I loved the voice work though. *nods*
Back to top Go down
sandtwister200

sandtwister200

Character sheet
Name: Raul Alfonso Tejada
Faction: Black Mountain
Level: 30

PostSubject: Re: Worst NPC/Companion of all time?   Worst NPC/Companion of all time? - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 13, 2018 7:51 am

I really don't like how Ranger Milo talked to me in FNV of how he'll "Put a lump of lead through my skull as soon as I pop it over the ridge" So I simply used the terrifying presence after he instigated me to do so, where hell broke loose when I used the Nasty grandpa featured in the mod
(AEVegas weapons package) and obliterated his ass back to Shady Sands to Aradesh's grave...

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Worst NPC/Companion of all time?   Worst NPC/Companion of all time? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Worst NPC/Companion of all time?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next