Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
money Reforged marvel NPCs boomers space vault Superpele boom machine khan hunk Mask Ryse FCOM body dead upgrades ghoul wolfenstein commonwealth riot Gear Call mandalorian daryl
Latest topics
» Modder looking for gun mods
Opinions on Honest Hearts Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
Opinions on Honest Hearts Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Opinions on Honest Hearts Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:29 am

» Late Introduction
Opinions on Honest Hearts Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 3:29 pm

» Greetings!
Opinions on Honest Hearts Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:01 am

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
Opinions on Honest Hearts Emptyby gamerdude7892 Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:48 pm

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
Opinions on Honest Hearts Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Opinions on Honest Hearts Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:52 am

» So I tried my hand at modding...
Opinions on Honest Hearts Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:01 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
Opinions on Honest Hearts Emptyby DoxxxBoxx Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:33 pm

» hi i'm new person
Opinions on Honest Hearts Emptyby Jackfishproductions Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:00 pm

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
Opinions on Honest Hearts Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:15 am

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
Opinions on Honest Hearts Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:18 am

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
Opinions on Honest Hearts Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sat Feb 17, 2024 4:37 pm

» Fallout Screenshots XIV
Opinions on Honest Hearts Emptyby Smellen D'generes Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:06 pm

» New person
Opinions on Honest Hearts Emptyby W0NDER0FY0U Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:29 pm

» Howdy pardners.
Opinions on Honest Hearts Emptyby DVAted Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:06 am

» Suggestions for a Halo Themed TTW Playthrough
Opinions on Honest Hearts Emptyby apatheticman Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:44 am

» who here is a mandalorian??
Opinions on Honest Hearts Emptyby chazmister Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:13 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Opinions on Honest Hearts Emptyby Ndf Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:29 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Opinions on Honest Hearts

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
stoobygacks

stoobygacks

Character sheet
Name: Stooby of the Gacks
Faction: New California Republic
Level: FL360

Opinions on Honest Hearts Empty
PostSubject: Opinions on Honest Hearts   Opinions on Honest Hearts EmptyThu Aug 10, 2017 7:41 pm

Afternoon GUNers!
I really enjoyed the DLC! I thought it had some of the best writing I have every seen. Joshua Graham's dialog and voice acting was phenomenal. I found that his old testament references made his character seem like someone who was literally forged in fire, and was zealous in his love for God and his tribe. His references to Zion and the tribes of the old testament was a very well written way of the justification for the tribes to be in Zion valley. Danial's character was very well voiced and provided a nice contrast to Graham's warlike and almost hatefull nature. The tribal characters like Waking Cloud and the every slightly annoying Fallows Chalk were good as well.

I really loved the location of Zion. My girlfriend and I have hiked Zion, and I never told her that Fallout had inspired me to actually see the canyon (I am such a nerd). The red rock, the trees and the little caves to explore made the game location just as beautiful as the one IRL. The additional tragic story of vault 22 and Randall Clark was small and touching. How he killed many of the sick dwellers, but then went on to fall in love with one of a girl, only for her to die. And how Clark went on to look over survivors after. I feel that the story ties many ends with mentioned characters in the vanilla game such as who the burning man is, The Whitelegs, and New Canaan. It just adds a so much story and lore to the world of New Vegas.

The DLC added lots of good loot too. Like the Survivalist's Rifle, Thompson SMG, and Colt .45. As well as nice weapons and armor that had pretty good stats too. I wish that the DLC would have some more side quests though, it all just felt very short. But it was just a DLC afterall and not a huge addition.

tl;dr What does GUN think of Honest hearts? Do you like the characters, story, and loot? Have you ever been to Zion? I highly recommend going if you can. What are you thoughts on the DLC as a whole?

Wise Words:

Back to top Go down
Banewrath

Banewrath

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Honest Hearts   Opinions on Honest Hearts EmptyThu Aug 10, 2017 8:39 pm

I felt it was very short compared to some others. I wasn`t too crazy over the story. Josh was a neat character that could have given more quests and been more of a part of it. A legion force could have returned and you coulda had to band everyone together and unify them to fight. Struck some deals. Have actualy dialogue with the hostile natives to find out what their side of the story was. Felt empty to me.

I truly only went there to get the guns and get out ASAP.
Back to top Go down
Heisenberg

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Honest Hearts   Opinions on Honest Hearts EmptyThu Aug 10, 2017 9:04 pm

I thought that the dialogue in Honest Hearts with Graham was phenomenal, but I hated how short and lacking the actual DLC was. In my opinion, it has the best written dialogue in New Vegas, but it had no noteworthy characters apart from Graham. There was a lot of lost potential with Happy Trails caravan, as the characters like Jed Masterson were voiced brilliantly but lacked screen time before they got killed.

The story felt a bit disappointing. You had to help some tribe you never really cared about and you can't join the enemy faction at all. There's only two endings and only one of them puts a fair ending to Honest Hearts. The quests were mostly just fetch quests and "kill some wild animals" quests so I found it very lacking. Zion was empty and there wasn't really much to do at all.

In my opinion it's one of the worst DLCs in the modern Fallout games, right up there with Nuka World, Gun Runners Arsenal and Mothership Zeta.

Back to top Go down
Chinpoko117

Chinpoko117

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Honest Hearts   Opinions on Honest Hearts EmptyThu Aug 10, 2017 9:07 pm

As a person of Native American descent - half if you wanna get technical - I found a bit of an appreciation for the tribal theme of the DLC.

Joshua Graham has to be my favorite character from the DLC I would have to say, his voice is just too damn awesome. His custom .45 is one of the best pistols in the game imo, which funnily enough John Browning was also from Utah and a Mormon, the same practice the New Canaanites follow. I think Joshua even references the man himself if I recall correctly.

As for Randal Clark, I found his story to be pretty touching, of how he became the 'Father' to the children that would later become the Sorrows. His life was full of much regret, guilt and misery but in the end, that old dinosaur found a reason to smile one last time before his cancer claimed him, knowing those kids would take his lessons to heart and be good to one another, ultimately shaping their future as pacifists.

Honest Hearts is an over-all great DLC. I may not hold it in the same pedestal as Dead Money or Lonesome Road, but it was nonetheless a good piece of Fallout. Josh Sawyer did a fantastic job on the writing.

ChuBBies1

Character sheet
Name: I'll think of one later
Faction: Uh, myself?
Level: Level? I don't need no stinking level!

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Honest Hearts   Opinions on Honest Hearts EmptyThu Aug 10, 2017 10:49 pm

I have to say the overall DLC for NV was just phenomenal. The dark and decrypted Sierra Madre was so interesting ( yes I enjoyed this DLC, fight me. Jk don't fight me, I love you guys lol) that reminded me so much of the movie Treasure of the Sierra Madre. Old World Blues was a masterpiece with all the crazy and zany experiments that was so reminiscent to the old Sci-fi movies. Lonesome Road was an amazing send off which truly made you feel like an honest to God badass. Now my opinion on Honest Hearts.

It was a really fun DLC with so much potential, sadly it could have done a lot more. I loved the character of Joshua Graham and the whole Mormon overtones. The weapons like the 1911, Thompson, and The Survivals Rifle were fine additions to the game. However, quest were mainly just fetch quests whose only purpose was to have you explore the map. I'm not saying that there shouldn't be an incentive to explore, just that that was not a good way to go about it. Also, if you were a Legion character, there really wasn't much you could do to help the White Legs. It just reminded me of the Enclave in FO3 where their whole purpose was just to be targets for your character to shoot. I believe that enemies should at least be more fleshed out.

I'm not hating on the DLC and I always end up playing it, I just think there was a lot more that could've been done.

PresidentWalru5

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Honest Hearts   Opinions on Honest Hearts EmptyFri Aug 11, 2017 9:41 am

Personally I really enjoyed it, it was a nice setting and I liked how it focused on the different tribes and more to survival and different animals that inhabited there too. It was a nice change to the Mojave and the story behind Joshua Graham was really well done, his character in game was voiced superbly and the new additions to armour and weapons worked out really well in my opinion.
@Banewrath mentioned it earlier up but I agree that it was way too short, I would have liked more to do there and some more variety to it. But overall I did enjoy it a lot, wasn’t my worst DLC out of all of them.
Back to top Go down
Wergon

Wergon

Character sheet
Name: Killian
Faction: Nocturne
Level: Hacker

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Honest Hearts   Opinions on Honest Hearts EmptyFri Aug 11, 2017 9:52 am

I've enjoyed this DLC because of Joshua Graham. He is well-written character which mentioned by various characters (Vulpes, Lanius, Lucius, Hanlon) by his new name Burned Man which is rule in Legion.
But like @Corvo said, this DLC lacks of time and its short, unique weapons are great. In shortness this DLC could be compaired with Lonesome Road. Only Dead Money have long and hardcorish experience.

I can give overall mark 6.5/10; just only because of time lacking and short story without intresting quests.

Opinions on Honest Hearts NBgFzcg

My Achievments:
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/demise.star
Maurice Schimansky

Maurice Schimansky

Character sheet
Name: Courier 6
Faction: NCR/Indipendant
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Honest Hearts   Opinions on Honest Hearts EmptyFri Aug 11, 2017 12:29 pm

I love Honest Hearts! The Characters, The loot and the world..all assets are great and were good used. Its my 2nd fav DLC of New Vegas. There's just one thing what I didn't like about HH. That's the amount of Content. It's very short imo. I think that HH deserves a bit more content. More quests, some more characters and one or two more uniques.
Back to top Go down
Lucianhector

Lucianhector

Character sheet
Name: Lucian
Faction: Outer Heaven
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Honest Hearts   Opinions on Honest Hearts EmptyFri Aug 11, 2017 2:07 pm

Joshua Graham makes this DLC for me, without him I don't think I'd be too interested in it

Back to top Go down
RangerGUN

RangerGUN

Character sheet
Name: Connor
Faction: Yes Man
Level: 50

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Honest Hearts   Opinions on Honest Hearts EmptyFri Aug 11, 2017 2:46 pm

I like Honest Hearts a lot. Joshua, Daniel, Follows-Chalk and Waking Cloud are very well written, especially Joshua Graham since he was apart of the Legion and was one of the reasons why it started and how Caeser gained so much power. I think the story though is a bit lack luster, go there and pick 'X' up, but the world and the enemies keep it entertaining so I don't mind. I think this DLC needed more quests, there aren't that many but the quests there are pretty damn good. I mean I would just have five good quests than twenty quests with one or two being the only good ones, I'm looking at you Fallout 4.
Good thing someone made a mod to make Joshua a permanent companion because it's damn shame you never see him again after you complete the story.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5M7SmqSLkPA7pufjgV00Vw?view_as
Kaiser Atlas

Kaiser Atlas

Character sheet
Name: Anthony
Faction: Highlanders
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Honest Hearts   Opinions on Honest Hearts EmptyFri Aug 11, 2017 5:25 pm

i found the story bland, but i adore zion canyon, and some of the armors the DLC adds, not to mention the .45 Auto Pistol is my favorite weapon. so i guess i quite like it, but not for the story

Back to top Go down
TitanTheDirewolf

TitanTheDirewolf

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Honest Hearts   Opinions on Honest Hearts EmptyFri Aug 11, 2017 10:46 pm

I liked it, but I couldn't say I enjoyed it as much as the other DLCs. The story was a bit too bland for me, but Joshua Graham really helped improve that experience as he was well written, and the entire lore behind him just helped this work.

GenJohnWilliam

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Honest Hearts   Opinions on Honest Hearts EmptyFri Aug 11, 2017 11:15 pm

i like it mostly cause its has a nice wilderness survival vibe to it i liked all the new campfire recipes not to mention when you get the dust mod zion canyon is fucking hell literally Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Distortion

Distortion

Character sheet
Name: Distortion
Faction: of none of your damn business
Level: two fitty

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Honest Hearts   Opinions on Honest Hearts EmptyFri Aug 11, 2017 11:20 pm

I always liked playing Honest Hearts for some reason. It wasn't that great of a DLC but, still enjoy playing it for some reason. Getting into a new world that i can explore and take away the fact i can't have all the powerful important weapons i want that i really have to choose armors and weapons carefully since the weight limit they give you. Plus dealing with tribals and having to work with the land to stay alive. The limited supplies forces you to be resourceful. Also, seeing the burned man, joshua graham, is also a plus because he rekts face.

commissar197

Character sheet
Name: Mikalov Ybma
Faction: Minuteman Empire
Level: 24

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Honest Hearts   Opinions on Honest Hearts EmptySat Aug 12, 2017 1:11 am

The beginning ambush was brutal and surprising, I expected the story to be more action packed, dramatic, lots of fighting and a war smaller but just as exciting as the NCR-Legion War, but after that ambush it kinda disappointed me from then on.
None of the characters really interested me and I barely even remember most of them or what happened compared to the other dlcs which I liked and remember better, most of the fighting was against animals and I only remember the quests just being time-consuming fetch quests.
My favorite part of the dlc was the new weapons, after I finished it I had no desire to go back or replay it.
Back to top Go down
Wishbone452!?

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Honest Hearts   Opinions on Honest Hearts EmptySat Aug 12, 2017 12:24 pm

@"Chinpoko117" I found the same kind of appreciation and just having a break from apocalyptic nevada was a nice fresh breath most games overlook. The natives prospering in a sense is really ironic to me because its alittle too true to how it would be for us if it happened irl. All in all good dlc some say short but there is plenty to optionally do. Asides its the trail in a sense XD not the ending.

Jacob May

Character sheet
Name: Heretic
Faction:
Level: 28

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Honest Hearts   Opinions on Honest Hearts EmptyThu Aug 17, 2017 12:33 am

i liked the burned man he was cool as for the story ...i forgot it not kiding i shoud replay it

Opinions on Honest Hearts Mixedgifs3
I try to Always say thank you.
Back to top Go down
https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?showuser=5975455
kuromuts

kuromuts

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Honest Hearts   Opinions on Honest Hearts EmptyThu Aug 17, 2017 4:17 am

Kaiser Atlas wrote:
i found the story bland, but i adore zion canyon, and some of the armors the DLC adds, not to mention the .45 Auto Pistol is my favorite weapon. so i guess i quite like it, but not for the story

The fact that my constant Fo4 loadout is a sniper rifle and a .45 "A Light Shinning in Darkness" animated by Ha_ru tells how much I miss Zion Canyon. Joshua and the Survivalist is some characters that leaves a mark on you
Back to top Go down
chubbiestwinter

chubbiestwinter

Character sheet
Name: Asshole Ishikawa
Faction:
Level: 1

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Honest Hearts   Opinions on Honest Hearts EmptyThu Sep 22, 2022 12:25 am

My favorite DLC tied w/ Dead Money. Just wish we could've seen more than just two Mormon characters. Also wish we could've seen the ruins of New Canaan as well as some of the other survivors, same way we got to see the ruins of Nipton. But it makes sense since most of the story is directed in Zion, not Utah in general.
Back to top Go down
Coop257

Coop257

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Honest Hearts   Opinions on Honest Hearts EmptyThu Feb 09, 2023 5:52 am

Anything has been better than Dead Money.
What a drag that was...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Honest Hearts   Opinions on Honest Hearts Empty

Back to top Go down

Opinions on Honest Hearts

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next