Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
wolfenstein riot commonwealth power Reforged Metal khan machine hunk marvel ghoul Superpele dead brotherhood body boom NPCs mandalorian money vault Mask boomers Ryse Gear leon port
Latest topics
» Roland Deschain ist The Mysterious Stranger and other t
Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 5 Emptyby SpaceRanger Mon Jul 22, 2024 11:15 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 5 Emptyby SpaceRanger Mon Jul 22, 2024 10:25 am

» [FO4] Doom 2016 models as replecement.
Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 5 Emptyby SpaceRanger Sun Jul 21, 2024 10:12 am

» [FO4] Secret Service armor, helmet headlamp
Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 5 Emptyby fossaceca17 Sun Jul 21, 2024 5:19 am

» The Legion are fascists, let's discuss it.
Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 5 Emptyby Cipher22 Fri Jul 12, 2024 6:28 am

» The Next fallout
Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 5 Emptyby Cipher22 Fri Jul 12, 2024 6:25 am

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 5 Emptyby Cipher22 Fri Jul 12, 2024 6:21 am

» Afterlife discord
Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 5 Emptyby Willaemann Tue Jul 09, 2024 8:44 pm

» What happened to Outlawer's pack 1?
Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 5 Emptyby Trappy82 Mon Jun 17, 2024 7:17 am

» Greetings
Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 5 Emptyby septron Fri Jun 14, 2024 3:49 pm

» Starfield
Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 5 Emptyby jaypak Mon Jun 10, 2024 10:56 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 5 Emptyby RockstarAC16 Mon Jun 03, 2024 12:19 pm

» Just a tired engineer with too little free time
Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 5 Emptyby Lonesome_Wanderer Fri May 31, 2024 6:02 am

» Hello everyone. Looking to add classic Fallout in FO4
Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 5 Emptyby Lonesome_Wanderer Fri May 31, 2024 5:53 am

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 5 Emptyby SpookyGeist Wed May 29, 2024 3:39 pm

» XHX Discord server.
Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 5 Emptyby TheGoodKoosh Sun May 26, 2024 12:25 am

» Weird bug or glitch with Console Command. [FNV]
Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 5 Emptyby nickenicole47 Sat May 25, 2024 10:05 am

» What's your favorite weapon in the Fallout Series
Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 5 Emptyby FellowHumanOfOutpost31 Thu May 23, 2024 6:32 pm

» (FO4) FO76 BOS Objects
Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 5 Emptyby keelordd Wed May 22, 2024 9:53 am

» How to change the UI sound fx placed by a mod?
Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 5 Emptyby immortallegion Mon May 13, 2024 1:40 am

July 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
July 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Let's talk about Fallout 5....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Kaiser Atlas

Kaiser Atlas

Character sheet
Name: Anthony
Faction: Highlanders
Level:

Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about Fallout 5....   Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 18, 2017 9:10 pm

@BITBUT Not to mention the mods are random so you'll need about 10 loot crates for like a 10% chance to get the exact mod you want, seems about right for loot systems in modern games

Back to top Go down
BoomBewm

BoomBewm

Character sheet
Name: Levski
Faction: Bulgaria
Level: 79

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about Fallout 5....   Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 18, 2017 9:58 pm

Lets talk about Fallout 5? How about not, lets not talk about Fallout 5.
And till im here can I offer you a season pass pre-order for the new and brilliant post apocalyptic RPG from Bethesda? I hear its a real banger and that its gonna be fantastic, GOTY material I tell you! All my family bought it, so im telling you to buy it too!
Back to top Go down
erictuong

erictuong

Character sheet
Name: Classified
Faction: UNSC
Level: Spartan II

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about Fallout 5....   Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 18, 2017 10:21 pm

Honestly we won't be seeing F5 for ages now.
Back to top Go down
MerelyaMeerkat

MerelyaMeerkat

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about Fallout 5....   Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 19, 2017 4:25 am

Fallout 5 should be set even further into the future, showing us a fairly rebuilt society and regrown nature instead of people living in shit shacks while also still having the dark underbelly of the wasteland and reminders of the past.

The players' background should be as mysterious as possible, with no family to speak of except for an adoptive family perhaps, as to keep personal roleplaying immersive.

Make legendary weapons actually unique and rare.

Fix the melee combat and the dialogue system, which includes getting rid of the voiced player.

Let us be evil and kill whomever we wish. There's also much richer evil than just killing everyone, like rerouting directions to have rocketships crash into each other after you helped cultist Ghouls build them, etcetera.

I honestly doubt that Bethesda will pass up Fallout 5, and so I hope that it will rectify the mess that was Fallout 4.
Back to top Go down
Ichigo Tiger White Tiger

Ichigo Tiger White Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about Fallout 5....   Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 19, 2017 9:28 am

Fallout 5..that's really far far away in the future isn't? man, I don't really bethesda handle Fallout anymore except, if they're willingly to push Emil Palguriono into write Elder Scrolls stuffs "only", I don't wanna Emil Palguriono write Fallout stuff which is already proven bullshit & crap, disrespectful to the origin established lore of Fallout built upon, adding new stuffs is fine but messing up with the lore itself. wow...just wow..imagine someone wrote Game of Thrones instead George R. R. Martin.
Back to top Go down
TheHermit

TheHermit

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level: 33

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about Fallout 5....   Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 19, 2017 9:57 am

I was so disappointed with Fallout 4 that I still haven't completed it even once and I've owned it since its release. I think Bethesda do well with TES, but I'm not happy with the direction they took Fallout. Even if Fallout 5 was mentioned tomorrow, I wouldn't really bat an eyelid. Sticking with Fallout New Vegas for the foreseeable future and maybe the Fallout 4 New Vegas project will get some attention from me.

MY MODS & MODS I'VE CONTRIBUTED TO:

Back to top Go down
https://thehermit.bio.link/
Prosp3ro

Prosp3ro

Character sheet
Name: Laufer
Faction: 87th Tribe
Level: Spiritual

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about Fallout 5....   Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 19, 2017 12:30 pm

The karma system is an acceptable game mechanic but it feels a little simplistic. It does not let the player to be moraly ambiguous. That's why the reputation system is more suitable: your acts may be reprehensible but you still can be in good terms with the faction you are supporting.

I think that karma should be incorporated in a flexible trait system that could open new choices or actions.

For example, if you harm one or two innocent people, you get the fist grade of the trait "brute", which has advantages and inconveniences, and new options in dialogues. With much advanced grades, features change and you have more success in dialogues. Same thing with stealing things, killing innocent people and other "bad" things... and "good" actions of course.

Such a system would bring a non black and white RPG mechanic and let the player to create a really unique character.
Back to top Go down
Kaiser Atlas

Kaiser Atlas

Character sheet
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about Fallout 5....   Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 20, 2017 1:55 pm

@Prosp3ro in which case i'd be an evil warlord, wrecking settlements and raider camps alike

Back to top Go down
Heisenberg

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about Fallout 5....   Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 20, 2017 2:46 pm

I also think a "kill counting" system would do well in a Fallout game. The more people you kill, the more you are feared, hated and possibly loved by certain groups and factions. The less people you kill, the more innocent you will appear to wastelanders and more likely you are to meet groups of raiders. Personally, I really disliked how in both TES and Fallout raiders and enemies think they can kill a Level 70 protagonist who wields the best weapons and armor in the game with a few pipe rifles and steel swords. It would make much more sense for raiders to avoid you, or possibly, try and set up traps and ambushes for you which would be extremely difficult to escape.

This could also open up possibilities for more non-lethal ways to complete quests for those who wish to remain "innocent" (although not entirely innocent). Possibly hiring mercenary groups to capture targets instead of doing it yourself? Giving a fiend boss to the NCR instead of killing him? Inspiring rebels to take over factions and then capturing the faction leader that was there previously? YES.

In short, the more innocent people you kill, the less people who trust you, the more people who will avoid you and the more regulators/bounty hunters (similar to the karma system in a way) will come after you. The more raiders and lowlives you kill the more people will fear you, but most will also love you, and of course, if you avoid killing, the more likely you are to be exploited and tricked, the more enemies will see you as an easy target, but also more people will trust you and tolerate you, you won't be seen as a threat to the wasteland at all.

IDK, I really disliked the karma system but loved the reactions NPCs had to your karma and Three Dog's witty dialogue on it.
Back to top Go down
gunslinger6792

gunslinger6792

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about Fallout 5....   Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 21, 2017 12:52 am

I'm just hoping that whatever fallout game comes next has more compelling quests, doesn't require you to kill everything, and doesn't rely on settlment building nearly so much. Why does Fallout 4 only have one major city but skyrim has 5. Hell Oblivion had like 9 or more.
Back to top Go down
Kaiser Atlas

Kaiser Atlas

Character sheet
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about Fallout 5....   Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 21, 2017 3:28 pm

@gunslinger6792 that's a good point, fallout 3 had tenpenny tower, megaton, rivet city, paradise falls while they weren't all major they were all large enough, fallout 4 had diamond city... big whoop

Back to top Go down
imperial20

imperial20

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about Fallout 5....   Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 22, 2017 6:06 pm

Beth really needs to listen to fan feedback for the next fallout on a lot of things IMHO, but if they were to change only 1 thing from fallout 4, it would have to be the speech system.  

Fallout traditionally has such a great dialogue system, you could do so much and what your character said was ultimately up to you.  The speech system in fallout 4 just seemed too simple and vague.

And please, no voiced protagonists, It was a cool idea but most players I would think, prefer the silent protag.
Back to top Go down
Kaiser Atlas

Kaiser Atlas

Character sheet
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about Fallout 5....   Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 22, 2017 11:04 pm

@imperial20 not to mention it gave such a vague, description of what the protagonist would say, half the time i'd end up saying the wrong thing, the previous npc voice acting and player having tect based speach was ultimately waayyyyy better

Back to top Go down
zielony739

zielony739

Character sheet
Name: Izaya
Faction: Izaya's Alliance
Level: Above All

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about Fallout 5....   Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 23, 2017 12:38 am

Kaiser Atlas It's not like what you said in the game actually made a difference anyway, the outcome would always be the same, in my opinion that was a terrible choice by Beth. I like your idea of a more fleshed out karma system Prosp3ro.
Back to top Go down
Kaiser Atlas

Kaiser Atlas

Character sheet
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about Fallout 5....   Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 29, 2017 12:12 am

@zielony739 Well fair enough i suppose

If karma were to return i'd personally like it to have a much more ambiguous take to it, like a kinda Chaotic Bad / Pure Evil system / Chaotic Neutral Etc.

Back to top Go down
PikaSalt

PikaSalt

Character sheet
Name: PikaSalt
Faction: NCR
Level: 20

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about Fallout 5....   Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 29, 2017 5:07 am

@"Kaiser Atlas" I could only imagine the countless bad memes made from a karma system like that, but I'd also like to see a revamp of the karma system too.

Character sheet
Name: Dashaun Barlow
Faction: NCR
Level: 35

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about Fallout 5....   Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 29, 2017 3:27 pm

I hope the opening to Fallout 5 or whatever, is like Fallout:NV' opening. When I say this, I mean that you start the game without knowing anything about your character's backstory, personality, ethics, race, etc, etc. I also hope the story isn't drawn by something so compelling as saving your child. This kinda ruins an 'evil' roleplay. How can you be evil, while trying to save a child? Exactly, you can't.
Back to top Go down
donta1979

donta1979

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about Fallout 5....   Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 29, 2017 6:21 pm

Wel personally Onsidian should do Fallout 5...

Those complaining about atmosphere it's post apocalyptic in a major city it's supposed to be gloomy. The issue with 4 quest and side quest weee bland, them we really didn't have the true your actions affect things in the story like we did with NV.

Karma was great at least for Fallout 3 it had an effect on what three dog addressed you as on the radio. Obsidian missed that one mark on New Vegas.

We also lost a ton of creatures, weapons, old favorite weapons in 4.

The big issue is Bethesda had seven years, they nailed the world itself. But in terms of quest, side quest, old mechanics, encounters, mechanics Obsidian brought to the table, Items and creatures we honestly lost a ton. That is where Bethesda fell flat on their face. Then all the cut content that would had made the world more full. Then they focused on the building settlements a better t too many ch then implemented Gameworks, instead of flushing out the game, finishing quest.

If you want a world more lush and vibrant play deus ex or wait for cyberpunk 2077 or NV where it's a lot of desert and didn't get wrecked by the havoc like a major city would had. Remember lonesome road it had the feel of 3 and 4.

Just my two cents.

Kaiser Atlas

Kaiser Atlas

Character sheet
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about Fallout 5....   Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 30, 2017 8:11 pm

@donta1979 obsidian should do fallout you're right, but we have no choice in the matter

@SaltyRaichu true but ambiguity seems to be a popular option for fully unique rpgs as it allows total freedom to be yourself in a situation without being categorised or put under a label by the games system

Back to top Go down
Heisenberg

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about Fallout 5....   Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 30, 2017 8:22 pm

Well all we can really hope for is for Bethesda to use Avellone for Fallout 5. Pagliarulo has already been repositioned to design director and Avellone left Obsidian a few years back. It's possible at the very least.

However, if that isn't the case, and Beth do get post-Avellone Obsidian to create a new Fallout game, I hope it isn't "Fallout 5" but instead "Fallout: New..." instead. You see, because Bethesda make the innovations and assets, create Fallout 5 and then get Obsidian to use those assets like they did for New Vegas. It's the smart move.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about Fallout 5....   Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Let's talk about Fallout 5....

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next