Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
daryl mandalorian wolfenstein space Call ghoul money boom Mask upgrades hunk boomers machine NPCs Gear body dead Reforged FCOM commonwealth khan Superpele Ryse marvel riot vault
Latest topics
» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Fallout 4 Performance Guide for new AMD R9 GPU's Emptyby ZedraxStereo Yesterday at 2:44 am

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Fallout 4 Performance Guide for new AMD R9 GPU's Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:53 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Fallout 4 Performance Guide for new AMD R9 GPU's Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:43 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Fallout 4 Performance Guide for new AMD R9 GPU's Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:26 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
Fallout 4 Performance Guide for new AMD R9 GPU's Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Fallout 4 Performance Guide for new AMD R9 GPU's Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Fallout 4 Performance Guide for new AMD R9 GPU's Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
Fallout 4 Performance Guide for new AMD R9 GPU's Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
Fallout 4 Performance Guide for new AMD R9 GPU's Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Fallout 4 Performance Guide for new AMD R9 GPU's Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:29 am

» Late Introduction
Fallout 4 Performance Guide for new AMD R9 GPU's Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:29 pm

» Greetings!
Fallout 4 Performance Guide for new AMD R9 GPU's Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:01 pm

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
Fallout 4 Performance Guide for new AMD R9 GPU's Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:48 am

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
Fallout 4 Performance Guide for new AMD R9 GPU's Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Fallout 4 Performance Guide for new AMD R9 GPU's Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:52 am

» So I tried my hand at modding...
Fallout 4 Performance Guide for new AMD R9 GPU's Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:01 pm

» hi i'm new person
Fallout 4 Performance Guide for new AMD R9 GPU's Emptyby Jackfishproductions Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:00 am

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
Fallout 4 Performance Guide for new AMD R9 GPU's Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:15 pm

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
Fallout 4 Performance Guide for new AMD R9 GPU's Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:18 pm

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
Fallout 4 Performance Guide for new AMD R9 GPU's Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:37 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Fallout 4 Performance Guide for new AMD R9 GPU's

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
donta1979

donta1979

Fallout 4 Performance Guide for new AMD R9 GPU's Empty
PostSubject: Fallout 4 Performance Guide for new AMD R9 GPU's   Fallout 4 Performance Guide for new AMD R9 GPU's EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 6:52 pm

I will post links below for what you need to get. Since the forums here are a bit of a pain when it comes to transferring links.

This guide is to help those with AMD that have cards that should be getting a nice steady 50-60 FPS, but keep hitting a wall.

First lets cleanup and get the latest drivers Crimson 16.1.1 Hotfix

Latest AMD Crimson Drivers 16.1.1 Hotfix
Before you install the latest drivers I would suggest a clean install use both the AMD Clean Install Utility followed by DDU
*note if your gpu is not supported on the supported gpu list, you will not be able to use Crimson, this guide will help but you will have to get the latest driver for your GPU/APU that are available, you will also have to know what GPU you have so you can manually select the right drive for your video card manually since Hotfix amd gpu drivers are normally not in the WHQL list for the auto detect*

Between using RadeonPro, Shadow Boost . First you need to set the game to use 4 cores or however many cores your cpu has and priority using the Fallout 4 Configuration Tool I am getting about a steady 57-60 FPS. If you want to try shadow boost"I highly suggest it" its a big help make sure you set your shadow distance to Medium in game launcher, then in the shadowboost INI my sweet spot for my hardware ill post below. Unless they make it use multi/cores and threads or done on the GPU no one will be able to run Ultra Shadow Distance nor get 60 FPS without shadow boost to help with the transition dynamically changing shadow distance. So if you want to maintain a nice 50-60 FPS and still have your game looking good Shadow Boost is a must.

Set tessellation in Crimson Global to override, set it to 6x, have not tried setting it back to AMD optimized or 8x or 16x again yet.

God Rays unfortunately we cannot turn off in the latest patch game puts them on auto low.

Using HBAO+ seems to increased my min FPS over the other method.  The shadows unfortunately are tied to Bethesda's old method... but for many it will hinder performance AMD side, and it will increase your load times.

We need to bombard Bethesda to implement GPUOpen honestly better than gameworks, opensource, and both AMD and Nvidia gpus can use it, with it being open source it will let Bethesda make performance improvements directly for both Card Manufacturers.

Those that wish to use TAA because it takes care of the major AA issues in the game but the texture blurring is drive you crazy you will need to get Reshade.

Then follow this reddit post to apply LUMASHARPEN - SweetFX to unblur the textures.
Download the ReShade Framework package and extract its contents. http://reshade.me/#download
Launch Mediator.exe under the main ReShade directory.
Click the Add button, browse to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4, and select Fallout4.exe and click Open.
Make sure Direct3D 10/11 is selected, and click the Confirm button.
Now close the Mediator utility, and launch it again, then select Fallout 4 from the drop-down box.
Select the Pipeline tab, then tick the 'LUMASHARPEN - SweetFX' box.
Click the 'LUMASHARPEN - SweetFX' text itself to open the sharpening settings. Raise the 'sharp_strength' slider to 2.0 and click the Apply button at the top right. You can come back and re-adjust the strength of the sharpening later to better suit your taste.

ShadowBoost.ini
[MAIN]
fTargetFramerate=57.0
fDistChangeSpeed=5
fShadowDrawDistMin=2000.0
fShadowDrawDistMax=7000.0

Now for Radeon Pro setup to keep your gpu from downclocking in the game increasing performance inside and outside. *Original post on amd forums*
I've found a workaround using RadeonPro: http://www.radeonpro.info (may work on other applications as well)
Quick How-To:
- Download & Install RadeonPro
- Open RadeonPro and create a new profile pointing to Fallout4.exe
- In the 'Overdrive' tab check 'Enable graphics overdrive' and 'Always use high performance clocks while gaming' (<< this one actually forces the proper clock speeds onto the GPU)
- Apply these settings
- Launch Fallout4.exe with RadeonPro running (NOT the launcher, you need to run the game executable or else this workaround won't work has to be done each time you play)

*note you may have to restart your pc after installing/making changes like this for them to take affect in game. Only should have to restart your PC once. Remember for now on always launch the game using RadeonPro or you will get downclocking, lowered performance and fps.*

If the game is crashing remove all your game changing mods, like weapions/armor/settlements/game mechanics. Next depending on what version of windows you have you will need to remove the Fallout 4 config files. Documents>My Games>Fallout 4 Remove all INI files in that directory, now go to your steam folder Steam>steamapps>common>Fallout 4
You will need to delete the Fallout4_Default.ini then there should be a Folder called Fallout 4 in your Fallout 4 directory go into it, now delete the Fallout4Prefs.ini as well.
Once you do this Launch the game via steam, let the Fallout 4 launcher scan and configure the game, Once it is done go into options, set your Shadow Distance to medium, turn Godrays to low, set the depth of field to low, uncheck motion Blur.

I just had someone who has an AMD R9 390 do all of this and his game is now running butter smooth just like my Fury X. This should help a ton of you out there. I found out about Radeonpro on the AMD forums for Fallout 4 the missing piece of the puzzle in my own and others performance issues.

There will still be minor FPS drops in game that will last a split second or so due to of course shadows, and the LOD manager not working correctly in game that we brought up in beta and got ignored. But for the most part as long as there are no LOD issue spots,  this guide will greatly improve your Fallout 4 gaming experience on AMD video cards.

I think the Nvidia side is also suffering from the gpu downclocking, I have heard if you go into your steam settings>In Game> Enable the overlays FPS counter AND HIGH CONTRAST color it should help you guys using Nvidia gpus to some degree. That was discovered during the beta. Just confirmed with my 980 TI. Titan and 780 TI. It does work but only if you use Shadow boost as well.

How to setup Freesync with Fallout 4
First we are going to make sure your Display is set to its correct refresh rate
Right mouse button on your desktop background go to Display Settings.
Navigate to the Display Tab under System if it has not done it on its own
Next click on Advanced display settings
Now scroll down to Display adapter properties and click on it
A window with your monitor and its drivers will pop up Adapter/Monitor/Color Management
Click on Monitor, you will see Screen Refresh rate set it to what your display is supposed to run at and click apply once the change is made then ok or exit out.
Next you will need to navigate to your Fallout 4 preferences folder Documents>My Games>Fallout 4
Open the Fallout4Prefs.ini
locate the line called iPresentInterval=1 change the 1 to a 0
click save exit that window
Now right click on the Fallout4Prefs.ini and go to properties, at the bottom under Attributes click on Read-only click apply and then ok. This will make it so the game does not set it back to 1 limiting you to 60 FPS and possibly making Freesync not work.
Now open up the Radeon settings in your task manager or by right clicking on your desktop.
Under Display make sure you turn Freesync on
Next go to Gaming, since Crimson is not saving profiles or using them at the moment we are going to click on the Global Settings icon
Scroll down to the bottom and Frame Rate Control Target turn that on and set the FPS to 61 we are doing this just to make sure the games physics and mechanics go out of wack.
If you have done everything above for getting the game to run better then you just have to start the game with RadeonPro and Freesync will be working.
*those that play different games, you will need to go back into the global Graphics settings and Set your Frame Target to say 144 remember if you go over 144hz freesync turns off, best to just set it for games you want tons of fps on to 144, but remember each time you want to play Fallout 4 set it to 61*

AMD Crimson 16.1.1 Hotfix
http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

AMD Clean Install Utility
http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/AMD-Clean-Uninstall-Utility.aspx

DDU
http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Shadow Boost
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1822/?

Fallout 4 configuration Utility
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/102/?

RadeonPro
http://www.radeonpro.info/download/

Reshade
http://reshade.me/#download

Yes some do not have issues I do know, mostly those with older generation based AMD GPU's this is due to sharing architecture with the consoles gpu. This seems to be mostly affecting some select few for the r9 380, 390/390x, Fury, Nano, Fury X owners. Also note you may have to go back a driver with the 16.1 hotfix if you are using crossfire in Fallout 4 some are reporting crazy stuff happening with the Crimson 16.1.1 hotfix.

Last edited by donta1979 on Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:14 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
patriotickevin

patriotickevin

Character sheet
Name: Kevin
Faction: Minutemen
Level: 17.76

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Performance Guide for new AMD R9 GPU's   Fallout 4 Performance Guide for new AMD R9 GPU's EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 8:20 pm

Thanks man, I get 60 fps normally but whenever I got to a 75 NPC area my FPS drops to 40-50, I'm gonna try this out once I get out of this cubicle.

donta1979

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Performance Guide for new AMD R9 GPU's   Fallout 4 Performance Guide for new AMD R9 GPU's EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 6:47 pm

patriotickevin wrote:
Thanks man, I get 60 fps normally but whenever I got to a 75 NPC area my FPS drops to 40-50, I'm gonna try this out once I get out of this cubicle.

It may help some, But what you are doing is a bit of an overload lol But yes it should help to a degree.

donta1979

donta1979

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Performance Guide for new AMD R9 GPU's   Fallout 4 Performance Guide for new AMD R9 GPU's EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 12:22 am

Small update seems like AMD has gotten most of the kinks out, Just make sure you have windows updated, if you are on a gpu older than the Fury Fuji series you will still need radeonpro.

I have been playing around Fallout 4 you really need an SSD.... due to the games constant writes... on a WD Vraptor I was getting slow downs due to assets popping in, along with the long writes as shadows did their thing. Popped in an SSD performance improved over 90%...

Right now with the new AMD Crimson Drivers game profiles do not work, remove your fallout 4 game profile, go to add to add it manually, then the profile should work inside of crimson.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Performance Guide for new AMD R9 GPU's   Fallout 4 Performance Guide for new AMD R9 GPU's Empty

Back to top Go down

Fallout 4 Performance Guide for new AMD R9 GPU's

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1