Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
Call Reforged money hunk marvel daryl mandalorian dead FCOM vault upgrades commonwealth NPCs ghoul Superpele wolfenstein Ryse Mask boom boomers khan Gear body riot machine space
Latest topics
» Your favorite mods for F:NV
How to transfer a full interior to a new esp Emptyby ZedraxStereo Yesterday at 3:44 am

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
How to transfer a full interior to a new esp Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:53 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
How to transfer a full interior to a new esp Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:43 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
How to transfer a full interior to a new esp Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:26 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
How to transfer a full interior to a new esp Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
How to transfer a full interior to a new esp Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
How to transfer a full interior to a new esp Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
How to transfer a full interior to a new esp Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:33 pm

» schorched enclave officer
How to transfer a full interior to a new esp Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
How to transfer a full interior to a new esp Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:29 am

» Late Introduction
How to transfer a full interior to a new esp Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:29 pm

» Greetings!
How to transfer a full interior to a new esp Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:01 pm

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
How to transfer a full interior to a new esp Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:48 am

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
How to transfer a full interior to a new esp Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
How to transfer a full interior to a new esp Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:52 am

» So I tried my hand at modding...
How to transfer a full interior to a new esp Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:01 pm

» hi i'm new person
How to transfer a full interior to a new esp Emptyby Jackfishproductions Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:00 am

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
How to transfer a full interior to a new esp Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:15 pm

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
How to transfer a full interior to a new esp Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:18 pm

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
How to transfer a full interior to a new esp Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:37 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

How to transfer a full interior to a new esp

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Orth

Orth

How to transfer a full interior to a new esp Empty
PostSubject: How to transfer a full interior to a new esp   How to transfer a full interior to a new esp EmptyWed May 20, 2015 10:26 pm

Hey guys, so I've been working on a house mod I'm developing for New Vegas, I put a lot of hours into it, but yesterday at some point, while navmeshing the exterior of the house I deleted some of the vanilla exterior navmeshes ( without knowing that the game starts ctding with deirty navmesh edits).

So basically my esp is broken, but I really would like to save the interior at least ( it took a lot of hours to setup all those lights and stupid clutter), now the thing is I don't really know how would I go about copying the totallity of the interior cell and transfering it into a new esp that doesn't relly on the previous one ( the one that has the broken navmesh).

Is there any way to do this? Do you know of any solutions for this issue? If possible I'd like to also save the interior ( I can redo the navmesh in 30 mins no problem from scratch, but I'd like to save the static stuff and my patrol markers,etc.

That's about it, please if you know any solutions help me out. If I have to restart from scratch I'm fairly sure I will abandon the mod since it's no fun redoing everything again.

Back to top Go down
Sentience

Sentience

Character sheet
Name: The Lone Courier
Faction: Independent
Level: 41 /50

PostSubject: Re: How to transfer a full interior to a new esp   How to transfer a full interior to a new esp EmptyWed May 20, 2015 11:59 pm

I'm racking my brain trying to think of a way, but I'm not sure how you'd get an interior to fully move to a new esp. That sounds like any scripts, unique ID's and activators would have to be converted over too.

I have an Idea but I don't want to fry my own mod if it backfires. I thought of opening the file in FNVEdit (with all of it's masters, etc.) and removing the navmesh from the world cell in your mod, opening back up in Geck and seeing if the Fallout.ESM replaces the area with the games default navmesh map.

I know that the only really hard part of exterior navmeshing is getting the intersecting X lines to match up to turn green on finalization of the cell, so maybe this would restore the integrity of the default navmesh map so you can possibly start again?

If I ever accidentally delete exterior vanilla navmesh triangles, I just rebuild them to form fit the terrain and match the existing vertices that are pre-placed. I've never ran into a ctd problem caused from my own edits as long as it all links when finalized, and my last released house mod actually utilized an exterior cell w/o any interior cells, and I've received no complaints or problems with the edits I was forced to do to the vanilla navmesh.

Orth

Orth

PostSubject: Re: How to transfer a full interior to a new esp   How to transfer a full interior to a new esp EmptyThu May 21, 2015 3:25 am

Hey man! thanks for the advice! I think your last method of rebuilding the navmesh so it's complete seems to be the better choice.

Now, if I have to be fully honest, I don't wanna risk working on the mod another +20 hours to find out in the end that it causes some "mambo-jambo.glitch" and it ends up being a waste.

I already started working on a diferent house and I think I'll park this up in the "might be" folder for now, thanks for the input though, it helped me make my choice easier! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sentience

Sentience

Character sheet
Name: The Lone Courier
Faction: Independent
Level: 41 /50

PostSubject: Re: How to transfer a full interior to a new esp   How to transfer a full interior to a new esp EmptyThu May 21, 2015 3:35 am

Happy to help! I know what you mean about sinking time into projects that go bust unfortunately...I wish I had more concrete answers, but I can only advise what I know first hand from trial and error. Good luck with your next endeavor, I hope it presents less problems for you in the long run. If you ever need help feel free to contact me. Goodday Thumbs Up

Orth

Orth

PostSubject: Re: How to transfer a full interior to a new esp   How to transfer a full interior to a new esp EmptyThu May 21, 2015 12:33 pm

Yeah, when in doubt, better scrap it ( specially if we're talking geck related stuff) but whatevs , the new house will be cooler....eventually closed eyes smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to transfer a full interior to a new esp   How to transfer a full interior to a new esp Empty

Back to top Go down

How to transfer a full interior to a new esp

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1