Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
Superpele upgrades Gear boom Call FCOM Reforged daryl money vault space riot machine wolfenstein mandalorian hunk Mask boomers ghoul Ryse dead NPCs body marvel commonwealth khan
Latest topics
» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Alien Lore! Yay or Nay? Emptyby ZedraxStereo Today at 2:44 am

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Alien Lore! Yay or Nay? Emptyby john96 Yesterday at 5:53 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Alien Lore! Yay or Nay? Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:43 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Alien Lore! Yay or Nay? Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:26 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
Alien Lore! Yay or Nay? Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Alien Lore! Yay or Nay? Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Alien Lore! Yay or Nay? Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
Alien Lore! Yay or Nay? Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
Alien Lore! Yay or Nay? Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Alien Lore! Yay or Nay? Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:29 am

» Late Introduction
Alien Lore! Yay or Nay? Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:29 pm

» Greetings!
Alien Lore! Yay or Nay? Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:01 pm

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
Alien Lore! Yay or Nay? Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:48 am

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
Alien Lore! Yay or Nay? Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Alien Lore! Yay or Nay? Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:52 am

» So I tried my hand at modding...
Alien Lore! Yay or Nay? Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:01 pm

» hi i'm new person
Alien Lore! Yay or Nay? Emptyby Jackfishproductions Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:00 am

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
Alien Lore! Yay or Nay? Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:15 pm

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
Alien Lore! Yay or Nay? Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:18 pm

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
Alien Lore! Yay or Nay? Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:37 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Alien Lore! Yay or Nay?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
themaster96

themaster96

Alien Lore! Yay or Nay? Empty
PostSubject: Alien Lore! Yay or Nay?   Alien Lore! Yay or Nay? EmptyFri Sep 10, 2021 4:46 am

Ok, so Aliens have a bit of a...Troubling history within the Fallout Community, on the few instances I witnessed discussions it was either a love or a hate relationship, I was on the love side, but I do understand the reason behind the hate, so I decided to create this topic to discuss Fallout Alien Lore and, also, what possibilities we could expect from such concept.

Also, a little bit of context, why did I decide to post this topic now? So a long time ago I stumbled upon this weird mod:

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/35302?tab=description

So, apparently there was a Project called Mount Zeta AKA Fallout New Hampshire, which was suppose to follow the aftermath of the crashed Alien Mothership that was shot down by the Lone Wanderer during the Mothership Zeta DLC. The plot concept was immediately enticing to me, the ship crashed into the New Hampshire area, which is ironic but not a coincidence, and the surviving Aliens established a colony there and they developed a technology to manipulate the weather.

So the whole premisse was to find out what was happening and, during the way, encounter some weird alien experiments. I really liked the concept, unfortunately the development stopped, the old Discord server was ditched and the new one was supposed to be organized so they could continue development, but it never happend, the server is still online, with the logo and everything, It's just...Dead, I visited the server yesterday with the hope of finding something, but alas, I found nothing. So to honor the memory of the project, I decided to stir up this discussion.

Back to top Go down
JonathanThomas

JonathanThomas

PostSubject: Re: Alien Lore! Yay or Nay?   Alien Lore! Yay or Nay? EmptyFri Sep 10, 2021 11:01 am

I don't know man, I'm not really into aliens as part of the fallout universe. It just doesn't really fit for me. If they had technology that would allow them to travel between galaxies with ease then in my mind they would have some form of technology that would allow them to monitor different planets and they would be aware of the disaster that is on earth, so what would the benefit be for them to make the effort and take the risk of travelling to earth? Unless they just really curious
Back to top Go down
themaster96

themaster96

PostSubject: Re: Alien Lore! Yay or Nay?   Alien Lore! Yay or Nay? EmptyFri Sep 10, 2021 1:05 pm

To be honest, It's hinted that they were partially responsible for the disaster on Earth, also, who knows, since they're a different species, they might have a completely distinct way of viewing things, some things might seem silly to us and important to then or vice-versa.
Back to top Go down
stoobygacks

stoobygacks

Character sheet
Name: Stooby of the Gacks
Faction: New California Republic
Level: FL360

PostSubject: Re: Alien Lore! Yay or Nay?   Alien Lore! Yay or Nay? EmptySat Sep 11, 2021 12:17 am

It works as a good novelty. Easter eggs and DLCs and such. But when it comes to the serious lore and motivations of factions and characters; just leave it to men and not to aliens.

Ayy lmao

Back to top Go down
themaster96

themaster96

PostSubject: Re: Alien Lore! Yay or Nay?   Alien Lore! Yay or Nay? EmptySat Sep 11, 2021 4:27 am

Why? It is possible to incorporate it in a lore friendly way, is there a specific reason you don't like? For example, Area-51 would be such a cool place to explore, and we have even a mod for FNV that gives us a taste, It was quite an atmospheric mod as well.

Here it is in case you want to experience it for yourself:

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/42647

My point is, it is possible to make an interesting story with this concept.
Back to top Go down
AndrewRyan

AndrewRyan

PostSubject: Unsure   Alien Lore! Yay or Nay? EmptySun Sep 12, 2021 3:30 am

Honesty I'm unsure about the aliens on one end I think they are stupid but on the other it was a cool dlc to play in fallout 3 so I'm neutral.
Back to top Go down
themaster96

themaster96

PostSubject: Re: Alien Lore! Yay or Nay?   Alien Lore! Yay or Nay? EmptySun Sep 12, 2021 4:25 am

I don't think they're stupid, it all depends on how it is implemented, even if I really like Mothership Zeta, I do realize the way it was designed makes the whole thing seem like a joke. But, in contrast, we have the Cabot questline on FO4 and it was very well executed, imo of course.
Back to top Go down
54yeggan

54yeggan

Character sheet
Name: Courier 6
Faction: Independant Merc
Level: 30

PostSubject: Re: Alien Lore! Yay or Nay?   Alien Lore! Yay or Nay? EmptyMon Sep 13, 2021 4:19 pm

Alien gun go blblblbl! Alien language go gjgjgklsfjdkljfds!

themaster96

PostSubject: Re: Alien Lore! Yay or Nay?   Alien Lore! Yay or Nay? EmptyTue Sep 14, 2021 2:45 am

54yeggan wrote:
Alien gun go blblblbl! Alien language go gjgjgklsfjdkljfds!

Disintegrator go pew pew
Back to top Go down
anstand

anstand

PostSubject: Re: Alien Lore! Yay or Nay?   Alien Lore! Yay or Nay? EmptyMon Sep 20, 2021 6:32 pm

Still waiting for a mod which makes the Mothership Zeta DLC only available when picking the Wild Wasteland trait. Wink
Back to top Go down
alientux

PostSubject: Re: Alien Lore! Yay or Nay?   Alien Lore! Yay or Nay? EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:26 am

The first time i played Mothership Zeta, I thought the Zeta were looking something.
When Fallout 4 come out, the Cabot questline made me think that it was another race that created the artifact and that is what the Zeta are search on Earth.
Back to top Go down
themaster96

themaster96

PostSubject: Re: Alien Lore! Yay or Nay?   Alien Lore! Yay or Nay? EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 6:48 pm

Tbh, what makes me sad is that there is a bit of prejudice towards alien lore, people are really adamant about it not being canon or it being inherently bad, almost makes you think they're talking about real life and not a game. I mean, in Fallout lore, considering the entire span of the franchise, we have Radscorpions that play chess, talking deathclaws, pigrats, Robobrains, supermutants, androids, microfusion, nuka cola quantum, vault 69, vault 68, but no, aliens are too silly, thats too far.
Back to top Go down
Charlotte Wolery

Charlotte Wolery

PostSubject: Re: Alien Lore! Yay or Nay?   Alien Lore! Yay or Nay? EmptyMon Sep 27, 2021 11:23 am

I love the mod Orion's Gate the Librarian WAY too much to not have Aliens be canon, although whether they are sci fi aliens or interdimensional lesser demons is kinda up for debate there's a lot of Lovecraft stuff in all of this.
Back to top Go down
themaster96

themaster96

PostSubject: Re: Alien Lore! Yay or Nay?   Alien Lore! Yay or Nay? EmptyMon Sep 27, 2021 9:27 pm

I liked Mothership Zeta, though I know why people dislike it, the Cabot questline is a much more elegant way to implement aliens than the "In your face" Mothership ​Zeta premisse.
Back to top Go down
Scrumpadooches

Scrumpadooches

PostSubject: Re: Alien Lore! Yay or Nay?   Alien Lore! Yay or Nay? EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 10:08 pm

Mothership Zeta DLC seems to be just purely meant for the fun of it. Due to the fact that the zeta aliens were introduced into the lore in a goofy manner, I think they should remain just fun Easter Eggs that we stumble across. If there are aliens introduced back into lore, let’s say in the form of a dlc that focuses on them, I’d prefer a much more darker tone to the atmosphere.
Back to top Go down
themaster96

themaster96

PostSubject: Re: Alien Lore! Yay or Nay?   Alien Lore! Yay or Nay? EmptyWed Sep 29, 2021 1:09 pm

Well, like I said, there are ways to do it, have you checked my first post on the thread? I mention a forgotten mod called Mount Zeta, it would follow up the crashed mothership that was shot by the Lone Wanderer on Mothership Zeta. The aliens would use a weather controlling machine to generate heavy snowstorms, and the premisse would be that they were experimenting on the local populace, creating freak creatures. If handled correctly, it could be a very interesting experience, too bad the project was abandoned, oh well...
Back to top Go down
spymuffin

spymuffin

PostSubject: Re: Alien Lore! Yay or Nay?   Alien Lore! Yay or Nay? EmptyFri Oct 01, 2021 5:33 pm

I was a little 'eh' on them at first, but after replaying through Fallout 2, I noticed that Skynet is explicitly based on recovered Alien tech, and I started softening to the idea.
Back to top Go down
someguynamedrob

someguynamedrob

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Alien Lore! Yay or Nay?   Alien Lore! Yay or Nay? EmptySun Oct 03, 2021 4:21 pm

The central theme of the Fallout series is "War never changes."

The first game spells out its thesis statement in the opening narration:

"War. War never changes.
The Romans waged war to gather slaves and wealth.
Spain built an empire from its lust for gold and territory.
Hitler shaped a battered Germany into an economic superpower.

But war never changes.

In the 21st century, war was still waged over the resources that could be acquired. Only this time, the spoils of war were also its weapons: Petroleum and Uranium. For these resources, China would invade Alaska, the US would annex Canada, and the European Commonwealth would dissolve into quarreling, bickering nation-states, bent on controlling the last remaining resources on Earth.

Aliens don't really fit the central theme as "lore essential" or all that lore friendly, unless the Ancient Romans, The Spanish Armada, and WWI/WWII era Germany are going to be given an Alien connection (which would be dumb). Area 51 would make a great area to explore in a Wild Wasteland kind of way, but they really don't need to be part of the lore or make an appearance in every game.

To me, they were a one off sight gag in FO1, and I doubt they were meant as anything beyond that. The Fallout setting doesn't need them.
Back to top Go down
spymuffin

spymuffin

PostSubject: Re: Alien Lore! Yay or Nay?   Alien Lore! Yay or Nay? EmptySun Oct 03, 2021 4:23 pm

someguynamedrob wrote:

To me, they were a one off sight gag in FO1, and I doubt they were meant as anything beyond that. The Fallout setting doesn't need them.

Again, alien technology is the explicit basis of the Skynet supercomputer in Fallout 2.
Back to top Go down
shocktrooper666

shocktrooper666

Character sheet
Name: Geth
Faction: Brotherhood of Steel
Level: 105

PostSubject: Re: Alien Lore! Yay or Nay?   Alien Lore! Yay or Nay? EmptySun Oct 03, 2021 6:02 pm

YAY i really dig the nods Aliens are a good match up in the Fallout lore for me sense i think about the old school Alien movies.

the messages ov the old world still persist and find meaning in the present most cant/wont hear the weight in their feet either for good or worse in the messages they speak to one another in truth we are all couriers carrying unknown messages.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alien Lore! Yay or Nay?   Alien Lore! Yay or Nay? Empty

Back to top Go down

Alien Lore! Yay or Nay?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next