Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
Ryse Overhaul machine vault money hunk wolfenstein marvel Call Superpele NPCs Mask daryl commonwealth body ghoul Gear boomers khan mandalorian Reforged dead gauss boom riot power
Latest topics
» A long overdue introduction
I Just Want to Download Mods, I Want to Acess Priv. Mod Emptyby Athallah Akbar Yesterday at 3:46 pm

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
I Just Want to Download Mods, I Want to Acess Priv. Mod Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
I Just Want to Download Mods, I Want to Acess Priv. Mod Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
I Just Want to Download Mods, I Want to Acess Priv. Mod Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:22 pm

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
I Just Want to Download Mods, I Want to Acess Priv. Mod Emptyby gavin gold Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
I Just Want to Download Mods, I Want to Acess Priv. Mod Emptyby HardComma Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:42 pm

» Hello from nexus
I Just Want to Download Mods, I Want to Acess Priv. Mod Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
I Just Want to Download Mods, I Want to Acess Priv. Mod Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:06 pm

» The Next fallout
I Just Want to Download Mods, I Want to Acess Priv. Mod Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
I Just Want to Download Mods, I Want to Acess Priv. Mod Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
I Just Want to Download Mods, I Want to Acess Priv. Mod Emptyby CosmoMods Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:52 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
I Just Want to Download Mods, I Want to Acess Priv. Mod Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:11 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
I Just Want to Download Mods, I Want to Acess Priv. Mod Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
I Just Want to Download Mods, I Want to Acess Priv. Mod Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
I Just Want to Download Mods, I Want to Acess Priv. Mod Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
I Just Want to Download Mods, I Want to Acess Priv. Mod Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
I Just Want to Download Mods, I Want to Acess Priv. Mod Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
I Just Want to Download Mods, I Want to Acess Priv. Mod Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:29 am

» Late Introduction
I Just Want to Download Mods, I Want to Acess Priv. Mod Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:29 pm

» Greetings!
I Just Want to Download Mods, I Want to Acess Priv. Mod Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:01 pm

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

I Just Want to Download Mods, I Want to Acess Priv. Mod

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
keyboardbroke

keyboardbroke

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

I Just Want to Download Mods, I Want to Acess Priv. Mod Empty
PostSubject: I Just Want to Download Mods, I Want to Acess Priv. Mod   I Just Want to Download Mods, I Want to Acess Priv. Mod EmptyTue Aug 18, 2020 5:30 pm

Why can't new users just download mods? Most of the mods are already just stolen assets from other games. Give me atleast one reason why I CANNOT download private mods? Why can't this site be an alternative to Nexus or something?
Back to top Go down
Chinpoko117

Chinpoko117

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want to Download Mods, I Want to Acess Priv. Mod   I Just Want to Download Mods, I Want to Acess Priv. Mod EmptyTue Aug 18, 2020 5:37 pm

There are no more private mods, everything you see in the public section is what you get. That's where all the good mods have been for years anyway, the public section. Hope that helps you in what you're looking for.

Arcades

Character sheet
Name: Noah
Faction: L E G I O N
Level: 25

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want to Download Mods, I Want to Acess Priv. Mod   I Just Want to Download Mods, I Want to Acess Priv. Mod EmptyTue Aug 18, 2020 5:56 pm

The private mod section has changed quite a bit regardless, and access to these mods is now in the hands of the mod authors. Nobody has access to the private section now, as the Colonial rank's effect was changed quite a bit. There is a topic about it if you want to read more. As Chinpoko said, the public section is where the vast majority of mods are, and the private section was not as extensive as people seemed to believe.

EDIT: https://www.gunetwork.org/t20292-announcement-the-winds-of-change

This is the topic about the changes, if you want to read more about it

gavin gold

Character sheet
Name: Gavin Gold
Faction: Mr. House
Level: 50

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want to Download Mods, I Want to Acess Priv. Mod   I Just Want to Download Mods, I Want to Acess Priv. Mod EmptyTue Aug 18, 2020 8:49 pm

@keyboardbroke Well, the simple answer would be, because that's not what the site creators want. They didn't want an alternative to Nexus, they wanted a site where the community is also important. Dude, you gotta realize, other people don't have a duty to justify their decisions to you.

Having said that. You are in luck, because in fact the private section was closed down. What you see in the public section is now all there is. If you didn't get to access the private section, don't worry, there wasn't anything good there anyway, with the exception of Upgrades from the Commonwealth.
Back to top Go down
blahblahblah

blahblahblah

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want to Download Mods, I Want to Acess Priv. Mod   I Just Want to Download Mods, I Want to Acess Priv. Mod EmptyTue Aug 18, 2020 10:28 pm

The posters above have pretty much answered your question, I just want to clarify that IF THE PRIVATE SECTION OF MODS WAS STILL HERE, my answer would be: It's the mod authors choice to let their work be public or private, and as part of the modding community - you should respect that.

People who just reupload mods without the authors permission is disrespectful and make the mod authors stop making content.

54yeggan

Character sheet
Name: Courier 6
Faction: Independant Merc
Level: 30

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want to Download Mods, I Want to Acess Priv. Mod   I Just Want to Download Mods, I Want to Acess Priv. Mod EmptyTue Aug 18, 2020 11:19 pm

Damn. What a shame. I Just Want to Download Mods, I Want to Acess Priv. Mod Jcd10

Chinpoko117

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want to Download Mods, I Want to Acess Priv. Mod   I Just Want to Download Mods, I Want to Acess Priv. Mod EmptyWed Aug 19, 2020 9:38 am

54yeggan wrote:
Damn. What a shame.  I Just Want to Download Mods, I Want to Acess Priv. Mod Jcd10

I think it's for the best. There was a lot of misconception that the private section was this secret vault of mods that gunetwork was hoarding, while in reality there wasn't much there to download as over the years most of that stuff had moved over to the public section such as Dragbody's Fallout 4 power armor.

guan12

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want to Download Mods, I Want to Acess Priv. Mod   I Just Want to Download Mods, I Want to Acess Priv. Mod EmptyWed Aug 19, 2020 3:43 pm

To be frank, a whole lot of the private mods has been made available in the public section. Cpt Rex Clone Ultima for FNV is one of them. So yeah, there isn't pretty anything much left over in the private section like the other users have shared.

I seem to have lost a Penny.
Back to top Go down
TheMemelordWut

TheMemelordWut

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want to Download Mods, I Want to Acess Priv. Mod   I Just Want to Download Mods, I Want to Acess Priv. Mod EmptyTue Sep 22, 2020 7:58 pm

gavin gold wrote:
@keyboardbroke Well, the simple answer would be, because that's not what the site creators want. They didn't want an alternative to Nexus, they wanted a site where the community is also important. Dude, you gotta realize, other people don't have a duty to justify their decisions to you.

Having said that. You are in luck, because in fact the private section was closed down. What you see in the public section is now all there is. If you didn't get to access the private section, don't worry, there wasn't anything good there anyway, with the exception of Upgrades from the Commonwealth.

Wait... So some of the private mods that kept showing in youtube showcases such as the weapon packs from Survarium and Far Cry 3 don't exist anymore?

Wow...

When I joined the site back in 2017, I thought that the private mods in this website where some sort of alpha/beta for registered people to add their two cents on its development but then I found out that there are ranks based on trust, I did my best tried to interact with people in the community to no avail. Then fast-forward to 2020, in this topic about private mods and here I am being told that the private section for mods is locked-off or gone for good, its a massive kick to the teeth frankly.

Don't get me wrong I love the public releases like any other gunner but then I had high hopes for great mods in the private section and to the people developing them but no. No stash of private mods to criticize and play with, no friends made since I am just an average run-of-the-mill registered member whose opinion isn't worth crap and no hope in finding closure from all of it whatsoever; just mismanaged expectations, a crushing realization that I will never play those mods, the misery that comes knowing that this tenure was all for nothing, and a stomach full of whiskey in the middle of a pandemic.

I'm sorry if I sound pathetic, I just had to let it out...
Man, I feel like dying...
Back to top Go down
gavin gold

gavin gold

Character sheet
Name: Gavin Gold
Faction: Mr. House

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want to Download Mods, I Want to Acess Priv. Mod   I Just Want to Download Mods, I Want to Acess Priv. Mod EmptyWed Sep 23, 2020 12:56 am

@TheMemelordWut

Big Slap

Dude, take a deep breath, would you? Nobody died. It's just mods.

The private sections was a huge disappointment anyway. It was mostly just ports from other franchises.

If you want to play Far Cry or Survarium, you can just go and do it.
Back to top Go down
Tribal Raven

Tribal Raven

Character sheet
Name: Jack
Faction: No Gods, No Masters

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want to Download Mods, I Want to Acess Priv. Mod   I Just Want to Download Mods, I Want to Acess Priv. Mod EmptyWed Sep 23, 2020 10:39 pm

Private section is a lot of hassle, I understand why it was shut down.

The mods still exist though, just gotta know where to look.

Luke Priefer

Luke Priefer

Character sheet
Name: Thorn
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want to Download Mods, I Want to Acess Priv. Mod   I Just Want to Download Mods, I Want to Acess Priv. Mod EmptyThu Sep 24, 2020 6:58 pm

also i used to have access to more mods here and i cant figure out what happened
Back to top Go down
Chinpoko117

Chinpoko117

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want to Download Mods, I Want to Acess Priv. Mod   I Just Want to Download Mods, I Want to Acess Priv. Mod EmptyThu Sep 24, 2020 8:15 pm

Luke Priefer wrote:
also i used to have access to more mods here and i cant figure out what happened

The private section has been removed completely. Even to colonials it's gone. All the mods in the public section are still available, and there's like a thousand more mods in the public section than there ever was in the private section which what little was there had quite a few dead links from mostly old 2014-2016 era mods (most of which has a public version anyway with more content in them, like Dragbody's FO4 power armor port)

john96

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want to Download Mods, I Want to Acess Priv. Mod   I Just Want to Download Mods, I Want to Acess Priv. Mod EmptyMon Jul 24, 2023 2:51 pm

Regarding the "private" section, it's bull since there are updates with links for mods that are still, ehem, private. Tell me the private section is still there without telling me the private section is still there.
Back to top Go down
becibis

becibis

Character sheet
Name: xxxPussySlayer487xxx
Faction: Anime Club
Level: 498 warlock

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want to Download Mods, I Want to Acess Priv. Mod   I Just Want to Download Mods, I Want to Acess Priv. Mod EmptyMon Jul 24, 2023 3:28 pm

Most of these "private mods" have moved to places where you have to pay to download them. very difficult to find but in my case every mod where there is lots of ports they're either in a secret discord server or on a subscription website.
Back to top Go down

I Just Want to Download Mods, I Want to Acess Priv. Mod

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1