Gaming Underground Network

Come for the Mods, Stay for the Community!

HomeInterviewsRegisterLog in
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
_
April 2020
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

If New Vegas had a different beginning...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sirdanest

Sirdanest

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction: Dependent
Level: Basement

If New Vegas had a different beginning... Empty
PostSubject: If New Vegas had a different beginning...   If New Vegas had a different beginning... EmptyWed Mar 18, 2020 9:35 am

Some people say that they never felt that invested in hunting Benny, which was obviously meant to be the main plot at the start of the game. I agree that I didn't feel any actual need to go after him other than that seemed to be the way the quests were pointing.
Luckily, despite being made by Obsidian, it still is a bethesda-engine game at heart, and you can ignore the main quest for a longtime.
Some people also complain that they could see the lights of Vegas in the distance, and felt compelled to try to race immediately toward those lights, but were blocked by deathclaws and cazadores. People complained that there was really only one way to go, following the path through primm and all that.

Anyway, the point is, could New Vegas have potentially had a different beginning, especially if Obsidian had been given as much time and resources as they wanted? Could it have started in the NCR and eventually made its way to the mojave? Or are most people satisfied with it, as is?
Back to top Go down
Dynorph

Dynorph

Character sheet
Name: Fozzie
Faction: Reilly's Rangers
Level: 30

PostSubject: Re: If New Vegas had a different beginning...   If New Vegas had a different beginning... EmptyWed Mar 18, 2020 7:08 pm

I never bothered much with the start of New Vegas, honestly though it was a nice one.
But if I could somehow change how New Vegas started, it possibly would be in the 'early ages' of The Courier, where arrived at The Divide with a package that ended up dooming it.

With that in mind, we would probably have more knowledge about The Courier's past, besides of what we already know thanks to Lonesome Road.

- Mobius, Klein and Dala

If New Vegas had a different beginning... 76561198336777994
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4VPxZud--VJ-LTOjLajVGw?view_as
IRORIEH

IRORIEH

Character sheet
Name: Booker
Faction: The highest bidder
Level: 21

PostSubject: Re: If New Vegas had a different beginning...   If New Vegas had a different beginning... EmptyWed Mar 18, 2020 10:00 pm

That happened all the way back in 2077 though, so it would be that, then a time skip, then the regular opening to NV. Would be a little too jarring imo.

Honestly, I think it happened the way it did for that reason.

Back to top Go down
Sirdanest

Sirdanest

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: If New Vegas had a different beginning...   If New Vegas had a different beginning... EmptyThu Mar 19, 2020 3:26 am

That's an interesting idea, to have shown more of the courier's origin, rather than have it revealed at the end of the game by a raving lunatic.
By the time lonesome road came along, I'd long ago assumed my courier had originated somewhere far, far away -- far enough away that he could ask "what's the legion? what's the ncr?"

Fallout 3 had the prequel part in the vault, with some time skips. I liked it on the first playthrough although it was something I saw as quite skippable on replays.
Back to top Go down
truecreativity

truecreativity

PostSubject: Re: If New Vegas had a different beginning...   If New Vegas had a different beginning... EmptyThu Mar 26, 2020 5:25 am

My head cannon has always been that TTW is the truth!!! The courier is the lone wanderer! getting shot in the head sure makes you forget some things huh? But seriously speaking its hard to get a player invested in seriously wanting to kill someone from a simple intro cut scene. So for me I barely touch Benny until late as possible.
Back to top Go down
Sirdanest

Sirdanest

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: If New Vegas had a different beginning...   If New Vegas had a different beginning... EmptyTue Mar 31, 2020 4:57 pm

@truecreativity wrote:
My head cannon has always been that TTW is the truth!!! The courier is the lone wanderer! getting shot in the head sure makes you forget some things huh? But seriously speaking its hard to get a player invested in seriously wanting to kill someone from a simple intro cut scene. So for me I barely touch Benny until late as possible.  

Yeah ttw makes for a surprisingly good prequel.
Back to top Go down
Sirdanest

Sirdanest

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: If New Vegas had a different beginning...   If New Vegas had a different beginning... EmptyTue Mar 31, 2020 4:57 pm

@truecreativity wrote:

Yeah ttw makes for a surprisingly good prequel.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If New Vegas had a different beginning...   If New Vegas had a different beginning... Empty

Back to top Go down

If New Vegas had a different beginning...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1