Gaming Underground Network

Come for the Mods, Stay for the Community!

HomeInterviewsRegisterLog in
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
_
August 2020
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

I did a stupid and hope I can fix it

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
celtic_spike

celtic_spike

I did a stupid and hope I can fix it Empty
PostSubject: I did a stupid and hope I can fix it   I did a stupid and hope I can fix it EmptyFri Jan 10, 2020 2:27 pm

so i was tinkering around with some console commands in New Vegas the other day,
and have now discovered that i managed to delete the keyring item from my inventory. BrickWall Headbutt BrickWall Headbutt BrickWall Headbutt

i played on a few hours before realizing and while i have a save from before the fuck up
i am wondering if there is a console command i can use to restore it i.e. does the keyring have an item code.

i suspect ill end up with some buggy quests down the line if i dont fix.

Sra Joshua

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: I did a stupid and hope I can fix it   I did a stupid and hope I can fix it EmptyFri Jan 10, 2020 4:17 pm

Now I have never done that before so I am not sure how to go about fixing this lol Nor am I sure if it will have any complications down the road . Why don't you try and find a key in the wasteland and try and pick it up and see if you can use it . If this doesn't work I would suggest using a different save like you said .
Back to top Go down
Acies

Acies

PostSubject: Re: I did a stupid and hope I can fix it   I did a stupid and hope I can fix it EmptySat Jan 11, 2020 12:10 am

How did you manage to remove it? It's not an item that can be added/removed to the inventory. I searched for it on the GECK and I can't find it, maybe someone with more knowledge than me can find it.
Before messing with a save file you should always backup your saves.
Back to top Go down
celtic_spike

celtic_spike

PostSubject: Re: I did a stupid and hope I can fix it   I did a stupid and hope I can fix it EmptySat Jan 11, 2020 6:49 pm

@Acies wrote:
How did you manage to remove it? It's not an item that can be added/removed to the inventory. I searched for it on the GECK and I can't find it, maybe someone with more knowledge than me can find it.
Before messing with a save file you should always backup your saves.

i installed a mod for a large player home, and it came filled with tons of weapons, food, items.. and i liked the idea of starting from scratch and filling the home with my own stuff, so i went into each room , picked up every item and from console used player.removeallitems . then saved the game and played for a few hours. went back to my home and i could not open the door cos i deleted the key I did a stupid and hope I can fix it 1f602 I did a stupid and hope I can fix it 1f602

seems i was worried over nothing though as when the keyring item does just re-appear when i picked up a new key.

PostSubject: Re: I did a stupid and hope I can fix it   I did a stupid and hope I can fix it Empty

Back to top Go down

I did a stupid and hope I can fix it

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1