Gaming Underground Network

Come for the Mods, Stay for the Community!

HomeInterviewsRegisterLog in
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
_
January 2022
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Texture bug converting mod from FNV-FO3 - Snake/Quiet

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
brave_fds

brave_fds

Texture bug converting mod from FNV-FO3 - Snake/Quiet Empty
PostSubject: Texture bug converting mod from FNV-FO3 - Snake/Quiet   Texture bug converting mod from FNV-FO3 - Snake/Quiet EmptyFri May 03, 2019 2:14 am

It's my first time trying to create/convert a mod, so bear with me
So After playing FNV with the awesome Mod made by xxShepardxx, I decided to start my quest to port this mod to fallout 3. I didn't want to bother the Author and since it was for my personal use only, I didn't see a problem. The only problem I have so far is that IN game, the clothes have with this weird texture. I tried multiple times and the result is the same bug.
I don't know what I'm doing wrong,so... any help is welcome.

https://i.servimg.com/u/f31/20/06/57/83/screen10.jpg
Back to top Go down
Adventfather

Adventfather

PostSubject: Re: Texture bug converting mod from FNV-FO3 - Snake/Quiet   Texture bug converting mod from FNV-FO3 - Snake/Quiet EmptyFri May 03, 2019 2:41 am

Are you using Nifskope at all? If so click the Nif's BSShaderPPLightingProperty and check the Shader Flags. They should have Specular, Skinned, Remappable_Textures, and Zbuffer_Test checked off. If any others are checked off besides what I've listed, uncheck them and see if that fixes it.
Back to top Go down
brave_fds

brave_fds

PostSubject: Re: Texture bug converting mod from FNV-FO3 - Snake/Quiet   Texture bug converting mod from FNV-FO3 - Snake/Quiet EmptyFri May 03, 2019 3:37 am

@Adventfather wrote:
Are you using Nifskope at all? If so click the Nif's BSShaderPPLightingProperty and check the Shader Flags. They should have Specular, Skinned, Remappable_Textures, and Zbuffer_Test checked off. If any others are checked off besides what I've listed, uncheck them and see if that fixes it.
Alright. Tnx mate
I'll take a look tomorrow and do some researching about Nifskope then. I have no idea how to use but maybe that's what I'm missing.
Tnx
Back to top Go down
erafox

erafox

Character sheet
Name:
Faction: GUN
Level: 45

PostSubject: Re: Texture bug converting mod from FNV-FO3 - Snake/Quiet   Texture bug converting mod from FNV-FO3 - Snake/Quiet EmptyFri May 03, 2019 1:21 pm

Also check the texture adress on Nifskope sometimes if for default FNV steam folder . a regular problem this going to apply to fallout 3 ports

Back to top Go down
brave_fds

brave_fds

PostSubject: Re: Texture bug converting mod from FNV-FO3 - Snake/Quiet   Texture bug converting mod from FNV-FO3 - Snake/Quiet EmptyFri May 03, 2019 6:02 pm

wow tnx for the help. So the problem was indeed with the textures. looks like all of them are "in game" now but the playable character body is clipping through. I guess the only solution is to edit the Meshes with Nifskope right?I can't think of anything else so I'll check on how to do it in the meantime

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Please use spoilers tags when posting images
- Hoppyhead

Back to top Go down
erafox

erafox

Character sheet
Name:
Faction: GUN
Level: 45

PostSubject: Re: Texture bug converting mod from FNV-FO3 - Snake/Quiet   Texture bug converting mod from FNV-FO3 - Snake/Quiet EmptySat May 04, 2019 1:08 am

maybe use FNVedit and check if the facemask record are flag as HELMET ... is very rare you still can see the head of the vanilla

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Texture bug converting mod from FNV-FO3 - Snake/Quiet   Texture bug converting mod from FNV-FO3 - Snake/Quiet Empty

Back to top Go down

Texture bug converting mod from FNV-FO3 - Snake/Quiet

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1