Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
wolfenstein vault FCOM dead Superpele Reforged Mask Armor hunk mandalorian commonwealth Overhaul NPCs daryl Call boom boomers ghoul money body Gear khan machine riot marvel Ryse
Latest topics
» Howdy from grandmastoes
Why did you start modding fallout Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Why did you start modding fallout Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:22 am

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Why did you start modding fallout Emptyby gavin gold Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:22 am

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Why did you start modding fallout Emptyby HardComma Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:42 pm

» Hello from nexus
Why did you start modding fallout Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Why did you start modding fallout Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:06 pm

» The Next fallout
Why did you start modding fallout Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Why did you start modding fallout Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Why did you start modding fallout Emptyby CosmoMods Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:52 pm

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Why did you start modding fallout Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:11 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
Why did you start modding fallout Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:21 pm

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Why did you start modding fallout Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:27 am

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Why did you start modding fallout Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
Why did you start modding fallout Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
Why did you start modding fallout Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Why did you start modding fallout Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:29 am

» Late Introduction
Why did you start modding fallout Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 3:29 pm

» Greetings!
Why did you start modding fallout Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:01 am

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
Why did you start modding fallout Emptyby gamerdude7892 Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:48 pm

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
Why did you start modding fallout Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:50 am

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Why did you start modding fallout

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
mike23508

mike23508

Character sheet
Name: Mike
Faction: NCR
Level: 20

Why did you start modding fallout Empty
PostSubject: Why did you start modding fallout   Why did you start modding fallout EmptyThu Apr 04, 2019 2:54 pm

Like the title says. Why did you start modding fallout?

I started after putting a stupid amount of time play new Vegas on xbox and one day I say a mod video and from that moment I knew I needed to mod that game
Back to top Go down
DDeckBBacon

DDeckBBacon

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Why did you start modding fallout   Why did you start modding fallout EmptyThu Apr 04, 2019 3:29 pm

modded games always are better,I learned that lesson long ago with minecraft.
Back to top Go down
paradoxwing

paradoxwing

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Why did you start modding fallout   Why did you start modding fallout EmptyThu Apr 04, 2019 4:18 pm

in short fallout 3 was crash happy fixed it with mods, then I found a few weapon and power armor mods I liked and took off from there

JackLovecraft

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Why did you start modding fallout   Why did you start modding fallout EmptyThu Apr 04, 2019 4:29 pm

I honestly dont even remember but I do remember the First mod I ever downloaded Willow man those were innocent days

jesusp

PostSubject: Re: Why did you start modding fallout   Why did you start modding fallout EmptyThu Apr 04, 2019 7:17 pm

I began modding because I wanted to play as solid snake from mgs 1 on fallout 3 and did I like those days before i began modding higher quality models.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why did you start modding fallout   Why did you start modding fallout EmptyThu Apr 04, 2019 8:38 pm

I think I may have come to modding by an odd route. I built my first PC back in 2006 and at the time I just wanted a modest 'gaming rig' for playing Mass Effect. Less than 3 months later I was looking into a better build and started researching video cards and what they could do. That lead to some videos from Gopher and GamerPoets and NV and Fallout 3. I haven't looked back since and I'm on my 5th PC build.
Back to top Go down
Kaevire

Kaevire

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Why did you start modding fallout   Why did you start modding fallout EmptyThu Apr 04, 2019 8:55 pm

Same reason why I mod a lot of other games that are heavily moddable, I just simply wanted to personalize my experience further.

It's nice to be able to add things into the game that I personally identify with, especially when those very things are armor, characters, or weaponry from other games or movies that I enjoy or have sentimental attachments to. Plus, being able to add new content to the game that increases the replayability for me (such as quest mods and etc) is always nice.

Voyevoda1

Character sheet
Name: Eli Sawyer
Faction: Independent
Level: 48

PostSubject: Re: Why did you start modding fallout   Why did you start modding fallout EmptyFri Apr 05, 2019 4:56 am

I wasn't aware of modding until quite late on. I had an old Windows 98 tower I used to play Civ 2 on back in the days of dial-up internet, but that was the only expeirence I had with PC gaming. Fallout 3 had been out for about a year, and I was exploring the possibilities with Youtube. Once I was subscribed to a lot of the available content of that time (I know there are some old school =3 and RWJ fans here somewhere, there's no need to be ashamed) and I began seeing fake Fallout videos like "Hidden vault in springvale" and "Hidden super machinegun that fires lasers" and that put me onto the GECK. I knew what modding was but never explored it until around 2013. Once my little faithful laptop died in 2015 I entered a forced modding retirement after play testing and playing through the release of New Vegas Bounties 3, and did not return to PC gaming until October of last year.

Once I was back it did not take long to far surpass the level I ever attained on my old laptop. Signed up to GUN in January once I heard about the caliber of mods through "4K graphics in 2018" videos on youtube funnily enough so my modding journey has come full circle, and I continue to make my own small mods until today.

"We're not tools of the government, or anyone else. Fighting was the only thing I was ever good at...but atleast I fought for what I believed in."
Back to top Go down
https://account.xbox.com/en-gb/Profile?xr=mebarnav&rtc=1
Tank-Girl

Tank-Girl

PostSubject: Re: Why did you start modding fallout   Why did you start modding fallout EmptyFri Apr 05, 2019 10:14 am

To me, modding is like my dream sandbox game. It’s like an adult Minecraft / spread sheet sim and the more you learn and conquer the more satisfying it becomes. To have a playground where you can literally do anything is just mind blowing! That’s what drew me into the community.

My YT Channel
Tank-Girl
Back to top Go down
mike23508

mike23508

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Why did you start modding fallout   Why did you start modding fallout EmptyFri Apr 05, 2019 11:40 am

Wow a lot of you guys have some interesting reasons why you started modding. I was kind if expecting most people to be like "I wanted fancy gun"
Back to top Go down
Raszak

Raszak

PostSubject: Re: Why did you start modding fallout   Why did you start modding fallout EmptyFri Apr 05, 2019 12:30 pm

I started modding mostly because of some Mods I saw for Skyrim and eventually there was some Fallout inbetween. It mostly just looked like some great additions to some games that i really liked and became so much more, the more time I spent with modding and browsing for the right Mods.
Back to top Go down
Timulika

Timulika

Character sheet
Name: Kerr
Faction: Independent
Level: 50+

PostSubject: Re: Why did you start modding fallout   Why did you start modding fallout EmptyFri Apr 05, 2019 9:43 pm

I heard there were mods for FO3/FNV to stop them from stuttering and crashing and while I was searching for those mods I discovered a whole new world.
9-10 years later and the adventure continues.

Timeseeker

Character sheet
Name: Blues
Faction: Light Labs
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Why did you start modding fallout   Why did you start modding fallout EmptySat Apr 06, 2019 2:11 am

Giving players the freedom of an open world environment combined with complete, unrestricted access to development tools presents them with the unique opportunity to create something truly special: the ability to make the game and everything about it yourgame; to mold it to your own personal standards of perfection. Anything you could possibly imagine can become reality, where there's a will there's a way. No matter how outlandish or ambitious your ideas may seem, they can be done as long as you have the determination to see it through. That's what drew me to modding the modern Fallout/The Elder Scrolls games. The unparalleled, almost unrivaled creative freedom presented to you. What Bethesda lacks in good game design, they more than make up for by creating interesting sandboxes for the players to play around in with the necessary tools to make the games whatever they want them to be.

They could leave them as they are, play it vanilla and pure. They could leave it mostly unchanged, only adding lore-friendly mods, fixes, or gameplay enhancements such as Project Nevada or Solid Project. They could have a mix of both lore friendly mods and ridiculous stuff like lightsabers and Mandalorians. Or they could attempt to do something astronomically huge and ambitious such as entirely new games that are almost unrecognizable from the base game such as The Frontier, New Calafornia or our very own Tank-Girls Under Two Suns.

The possibilities are nearly endless, even engine limits have ways to be jury-rigged and bypassed ala The Frontiers vehicle system.

Games like this, they're the ultimate sandbox games.

mike23508

mike23508

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Why did you start modding fallout   Why did you start modding fallout EmptySat Apr 06, 2019 4:48 pm

Timeseeker that was some motivational shit.
Back to top Go down
Eridonn

Eridonn

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Why did you start modding fallout   Why did you start modding fallout EmptySat Apr 06, 2019 7:10 pm

I started modding mainly because i wanted to make it MY game. After watching alchestbreach like 2 years before i started modding, i thought the dude was a genius for figuring out how to get a new weapon that wasn't included in the game. Now i was young, and fucking stupid back then, didnt know a damn thing about computers. After watching gophers lets play, thoroughly of FNV, I just knew FNV needed to be modded. I made it into my own game, took tips from anyone willing to give any, and thats how i started modding my new vegas game. (I started modding skyrim due to gopher as well, and also gamespot's 5 mods of the week series. loved that series)

mike23508

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Why did you start modding fallout   Why did you start modding fallout EmptySat Apr 06, 2019 9:33 pm

Gopher was my guide into modding when I started. Alchestbreach is probably the best YouTuber
Back to top Go down
GenJohnWilliam

GenJohnWilliam

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Why did you start modding fallout   Why did you start modding fallout EmptyMon Apr 08, 2019 4:33 pm

after i discovered alchestbreach and of course when i got a good pc
Back to top Go down
mike23508

mike23508

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Why did you start modding fallout   Why did you start modding fallout EmptySat Apr 13, 2019 2:19 pm

@"GenJohnWilliam" Yeah I think he had a hand in tons of people starting
Back to top Go down
conn11399

conn11399

Character sheet
Name: Elizabeth
Faction: Undecided
Level: 11

PostSubject: Re: Why did you start modding fallout   Why did you start modding fallout EmptySat Apr 13, 2019 4:15 pm

I saw a Alchestbreach video when I was like 12. I had only played basic shooters prior the FNV and I was blown away by the scale and depth. Modding so fun for me as a kid because I could actually add stuff that looked cool in! Later I learned how to mess around with the G.E.C.K a bit and had some of the best times with a video game.

Axl

PostSubject: Re: Why did you start modding fallout   Why did you start modding fallout EmptySat May 18, 2019 5:55 am

Well i actually found out that mods existed through a youtube video i was looking for the location of certain items in fallout 3 then i took a look at the recommended videos and i saw coyote reflex armor oh boy my life was never the same again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why did you start modding fallout   Why did you start modding fallout Empty

Back to top Go down

Why did you start modding fallout

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next