Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
marvel wolfenstein commonwealth NPCs machine mandalorian Superpele riot vault body Mask Reforged FCOM daryl space Gear hunk upgrades Ryse dead Call ghoul boom khan boomers money
Latest topics
» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Which is the best Organizer for Mods ? Emptyby ZedraxStereo Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:44 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Which is the best Organizer for Mods ? Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:53 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Which is the best Organizer for Mods ? Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:43 pm

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Which is the best Organizer for Mods ? Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:26 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
Which is the best Organizer for Mods ? Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:21 pm

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Which is the best Organizer for Mods ? Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:27 am

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Which is the best Organizer for Mods ? Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
Which is the best Organizer for Mods ? Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
Which is the best Organizer for Mods ? Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Which is the best Organizer for Mods ? Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:29 am

» Late Introduction
Which is the best Organizer for Mods ? Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 3:29 pm

» Greetings!
Which is the best Organizer for Mods ? Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:01 am

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
Which is the best Organizer for Mods ? Emptyby gamerdude7892 Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:48 pm

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
Which is the best Organizer for Mods ? Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Which is the best Organizer for Mods ? Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:52 am

» So I tried my hand at modding...
Which is the best Organizer for Mods ? Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:01 pm

» hi i'm new person
Which is the best Organizer for Mods ? Emptyby Jackfishproductions Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:00 pm

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
Which is the best Organizer for Mods ? Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:15 am

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
Which is the best Organizer for Mods ? Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:18 am

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
Which is the best Organizer for Mods ? Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sat Feb 17, 2024 4:37 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Which is the best Organizer for Mods ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Raszak

Raszak

Which is the best Organizer for Mods ? Empty
PostSubject: Which is the best Organizer for Mods ?   Which is the best Organizer for Mods ? EmptySat Mar 16, 2019 4:04 pm

I know only about Fomm and Vortex from the Nexus but which one is better or is their one that i don´t about that is even better ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which is the best Organizer for Mods ?   Which is the best Organizer for Mods ? EmptySat Mar 16, 2019 4:14 pm

Raszak wrote:
I know only about Fomm and Vortex from the Nexus but which one is better or is their one that i don´t about that is even better ?

I'm a big fan and user of Mod Organizer 2. There is complete control for your mods with it, although there is a bit of a learning curve if you're used to the others. Bottom line really is, if those others work well for you and you're comfortable with them, you might want to stick with them.
Back to top Go down
EyeShotFirst

EyeShotFirst

Character sheet
Name: Sharpe
Faction: Institute
Level: 37

PostSubject: Re: Which is the best Organizer for Mods ?   Which is the best Organizer for Mods ? EmptySat Mar 16, 2019 4:19 pm

I used to use Mod Organizer, but went to using NMM about a year ago and have stuck with it. Rarely mess up my game with it, so I got that going for me.
Back to top Go down
Raszak

Raszak

PostSubject: Re: Which is the best Organizer for Mods ?   Which is the best Organizer for Mods ? EmptySat Mar 16, 2019 4:31 pm

Originaly I installeed my Mods manualy but it gets hard to oversee everything after a while and I don´t know if Mods from GUN are able to be installed with an organizer. NMM couldn´t do it as far as i know.
Back to top Go down
Timulika

Timulika

Character sheet
Name: Kerr
Faction: Independent
Level: 50+

PostSubject: Re: Which is the best Organizer for Mods ?   Which is the best Organizer for Mods ? EmptySat Mar 16, 2019 4:33 pm

I'm also using FOMM. Just never switched to anything else.

Using the FOMM fork from the Nexus actually.

PostSubject: Re: Which is the best Organizer for Mods ?   Which is the best Organizer for Mods ? EmptySat Mar 16, 2019 4:42 pm

Raszak wrote:
Originaly I installeed my Mods manualy but it gets hard to oversee everything after a while and I don´t know if Mods from GUN are able to be installed with an organizer. NMM couldn´t do it as far as i know.

NMM can install mods in the form of a zip or a rar file. Just make sure to activate them.
Back to top Go down
Raszak

Raszak

PostSubject: Re: Which is the best Organizer for Mods ?   Which is the best Organizer for Mods ? EmptySat Mar 16, 2019 4:46 pm

Alrigth I guess I will try NMM seems to be the easiest for the start, might switch later to Mod Organizer when i get more into it. Thanks for th help Very Happy
Back to top Go down
McKaby

McKaby

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Which is the best Organizer for Mods ?   Which is the best Organizer for Mods ? EmptySat Mar 16, 2019 8:41 pm

I use to use NMM before I switched over to Vortex, while NMM is easy to use, you are kinda limited in what file compression it will accept.

While Vortex does have a learning curve, one big issue I've found is that it doesn't allow you to edit your load order as easily as NMM, so manual editing is sort of encouraged there to get it working.

Though if you are starting with NMM I suggest going with the one from Github rather than the one on Nexus because of the Nexus one doesn't handle ESL files at all.
Back to top Go down
ahyuser001

ahyuser001

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Which is the best Organizer for Mods ?   Which is the best Organizer for Mods ? EmptySun Mar 17, 2019 12:16 am

I have put a link of tutorials for Mod Organizer 2 if you are interested in learning how to use it.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLlN8weLk86Xh3ue76x2ibqtmMramwQmHB

It is a pretty simple but complex mod manager. You might find it intimidating at first but it is easy to love it when you get the hang of it.

Will there be enough Dakka?
Back to top Go down
maxman885

maxman885

Character sheet
Name: Ask me
Faction: Freedom
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Which is the best Organizer for Mods ?   Which is the best Organizer for Mods ? EmptySun Mar 17, 2019 1:17 am

32 bit games = Mod Organizer Legacy.
64 bit games = Mode Organize 2.
All you will need as of late.

Raszak

PostSubject: Re: Which is the best Organizer for Mods ?   Which is the best Organizer for Mods ? EmptySun Mar 17, 2019 4:22 am

Would it be bad to Combine Organizers for example using Vortex and MO2 ? Because for my understanding so far changing the load order is Pretty complex, then again it is pretty simple to use in my opinion. Or would thier be conflicting because of the load orders ?
Back to top Go down
Jcramos

Jcramos

PostSubject: Re: Which is the best Organizer for Mods ?   Which is the best Organizer for Mods ? EmptySun Mar 17, 2019 7:58 am

Well I use Vortex and LOOT. Since vortex has a lot more features and LOOT just help in organizing the load order and make the mods atleast compatible with eachother
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which is the best Organizer for Mods ?   Which is the best Organizer for Mods ? EmptySun Mar 17, 2019 8:04 am

Raszak wrote:
Would it be bad to Combine Organizers for example using Vortex and MO2 ? Because for my understanding so far changing the load order is Pretty complex, then again it is pretty simple to use in my opinion. Or would thier be conflicting because of the load orders ?

Not a good idea to combine mod managers. From what I know your game would never open and load assets correctly and if it did it would soon CTD. It's better to pick one and become proficient at that mod manager.

If load order is making you nervous, or time to learn about it is short, perhaps Vortex is for you? It is linked with LOOT to take care of that for you.
Back to top Go down
DcCharge

DcCharge

PostSubject: Re: Which is the best Organizer for Mods ?   Which is the best Organizer for Mods ? EmptySun Mar 17, 2019 9:22 am

@"maxman885" MO2 is fine for 32 bit games as well.

Lucianhector

Character sheet
Name: Lucian
Faction: Outer Heaven
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Which is the best Organizer for Mods ?   Which is the best Organizer for Mods ? EmptySun Mar 17, 2019 12:09 pm

MO2 100%, only started using recently and never looked back

Back to top Go down
Raszak

Raszak

PostSubject: Re: Which is the best Organizer for Mods ?   Which is the best Organizer for Mods ? EmptySun Mar 17, 2019 1:47 pm

For now I will use Vortex I think it´s the easiest to start with Mod Organizer 2 needs a little more to look into.
Back to top Go down
Voyevoda1

Voyevoda1

Character sheet
Name: Eli Sawyer
Level: 48

PostSubject: Re: Which is the best Organizer for Mods ?   Which is the best Organizer for Mods ? EmptyMon Mar 18, 2019 10:49 am

I personally use FOMM primarily, and Vortex for anything else. FOMM is old school and does what it says on the tin. MO2 is probably the best overall but it's all preference really. I've personally had issues with ArchiveInvalidation using any other organiser other than FOMM. For how old FOMM is, it still gets the job done.

"We're not tools of the government, or anyone else. Fighting was the only thing I was ever good at...but atleast I fought for what I believed in."
Back to top Go down
https://account.xbox.com/en-gb/Profile?xr=mebarnav&rtc=1
Raszak

Raszak

PostSubject: Re: Which is the best Organizer for Mods ?   Which is the best Organizer for Mods ? EmptyMon Mar 18, 2019 11:19 am

I used FOMM before but for example new California doesn´t recommend using it so I don´t know if it wouldn´t mess with other "bigger" mods too. Then again I don´t know if it really doesn´t work or they just say it doesn´t.
Back to top Go down
Voyevoda1

Voyevoda1

Character sheet
Name: Eli Sawyer
Level: 48

PostSubject: Re: Which is the best Organizer for Mods ?   Which is the best Organizer for Mods ? EmptyMon Mar 18, 2019 11:22 am

Yeah I get what you mean. Like I said, I use Vortex alongside FOMM, but I wouldn't recommend it. I haven't had problems to be honest but I just don't like the interface as it takes forever to load in all of your mods initially, and also sets the .ini to default (For me, it does anyway)

A good rule of thumb is to base it off of older to newer mods. Anything too demanding or very recent releases it is probably best using a more modern installer. I might tansition back to NMM because Vortex just isn't cutting it for me. I feel Vortext offers the least amount of cusomisation and depth compared to NMM and MO2.

"We're not tools of the government, or anyone else. Fighting was the only thing I was ever good at...but atleast I fought for what I believed in."
Back to top Go down
https://account.xbox.com/en-gb/Profile?xr=mebarnav&rtc=1
gakusangi

gakusangi

Character sheet
Name: Vapor Snake
Faction: Dead Fox
Level: 1

PostSubject: Re: Which is the best Organizer for Mods ?   Which is the best Organizer for Mods ? EmptyThu Jan 16, 2020 12:55 pm

Personally, I use FOMM. It's not too hard to use, and seems to install things without any issue.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which is the best Organizer for Mods ?   Which is the best Organizer for Mods ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Which is the best Organizer for Mods ?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next