Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
Gear body boom Ryse Superpele khan vault FCOM marvel Reforged hunk daryl ghoul NPCs Call dead upgrades Mask boomers riot mandalorian commonwealth wolfenstein space machine money
Latest topics
» Your favorite mods for F:NV
If the "live action" trailer hadn't been for fallout 76 Emptyby ZedraxStereo Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:44 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
If the "live action" trailer hadn't been for fallout 76 Emptyby john96 Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:53 pm

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
If the "live action" trailer hadn't been for fallout 76 Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:43 pm

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
If the "live action" trailer hadn't been for fallout 76 Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:26 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
If the "live action" trailer hadn't been for fallout 76 Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:21 pm

» black doors in sierra madre bug
If the "live action" trailer hadn't been for fallout 76 Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:27 am

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
If the "live action" trailer hadn't been for fallout 76 Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
If the "live action" trailer hadn't been for fallout 76 Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
If the "live action" trailer hadn't been for fallout 76 Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
If the "live action" trailer hadn't been for fallout 76 Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:29 am

» Late Introduction
If the "live action" trailer hadn't been for fallout 76 Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:29 pm

» Greetings!
If the "live action" trailer hadn't been for fallout 76 Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:01 am

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
If the "live action" trailer hadn't been for fallout 76 Emptyby gamerdude7892 Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:48 pm

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
If the "live action" trailer hadn't been for fallout 76 Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
If the "live action" trailer hadn't been for fallout 76 Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:52 am

» So I tried my hand at modding...
If the "live action" trailer hadn't been for fallout 76 Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:01 pm

» hi i'm new person
If the "live action" trailer hadn't been for fallout 76 Emptyby Jackfishproductions Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:00 pm

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
If the "live action" trailer hadn't been for fallout 76 Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:15 am

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
If the "live action" trailer hadn't been for fallout 76 Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:18 am

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
If the "live action" trailer hadn't been for fallout 76 Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:37 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

If the "live action" trailer hadn't been for fallout 76

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sirdanest

Sirdanest

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction: Dependent
Level: Basement

If the "live action" trailer hadn't been for fallout 76 Empty
PostSubject: If the "live action" trailer hadn't been for fallout 76   If the "live action" trailer hadn't been for fallout 76 EmptyThu Nov 29, 2018 3:58 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IcqE8kT3KA
What if it had been for an upcoming tv show, given a big budget and written by Obsidian Fallout veterans? I'd have been excited.
Back to top Go down
ahyuser001

ahyuser001

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: If the "live action" trailer hadn't been for fallout 76   If the "live action" trailer hadn't been for fallout 76 EmptyThu Nov 29, 2018 10:53 pm

I really liked that trailer a lot but yeah I would have been excited for the fact that another Fallout game from J.Sawyer is coming.

It would also be better if they hired Chris Avellone/John Gonzalez(though I doubt he would since he is working for Guerrilla Games iirc) is writing for him.

Will there be enough Dakka?
Back to top Go down
kazeem

kazeem

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: If the "live action" trailer hadn't been for fallout 76   If the "live action" trailer hadn't been for fallout 76 EmptyThu Nov 29, 2018 11:57 pm

I have to admit it: the trailer is barely the Only thing I like about Fallout76

Splatter, splatter, splatter, gnnnniihhh and....SPLATTER!
Back to top Go down
IIHawkerII

IIHawkerII

Character sheet
Name: Conroy El Cadera
Faction: Independant
Level: 49

PostSubject: Re: If the "live action" trailer hadn't been for fallout 76   If the "live action" trailer hadn't been for fallout 76 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2018 12:31 am

I guess I'm on the fringe here!
But honestly, I really, really disliked the live action trailer. >_<
It really felt, to me - Like the whole 'concept' of fallout was being painted as something completely different to appeal to a wider audience, it reminded me a lot of things like Fortnite in some ways, in how it was very upbeat and bombastic.

Honestly, It just rubbed me the wrong way -
Making the Deathclaw do a little slapstick routine...
Firing away at a bunch of mutants mid pirouette to a beach boys track...
Trekking through a bunch of whimsical fantasy landscapes that look almost inviting!
And then sitting back with some strangers to watch a nuke go off -

It just... Phew, I dunno - Felt really wrong against my own perception of the series and what it stands for.

And I find, on my way to death and happiness,
that my heroes, my heroes dress in black.
Back to top Go down
Sirdanest

Sirdanest

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: If the "live action" trailer hadn't been for fallout 76   If the "live action" trailer hadn't been for fallout 76 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2018 12:51 am

Interesting, I thought it summed up fallout really well, differentiating it from a more generic apocalypse.

"Firing away at a bunch of mutants mid pirouette to a beach boys track... " Are there really people who haven't tried to do something like this in Fallout especially at high levels?
Back to top Go down
The Rabid Dog

The Rabid Dog

Character sheet
Name: Niko
Faction: Myself
Level: Over 9000 Chromosomes

PostSubject: Re: If the "live action" trailer hadn't been for fallout 76   If the "live action" trailer hadn't been for fallout 76 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2018 4:48 am

I also disliked the live action trailer, shit was pretty cringeworthy.

Last edited by ElMaldito on Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
huythong123

huythong123

Character sheet
Name: Mark
Faction: NCR (because i like them)
Level: 25

PostSubject: Re: If the "live action" trailer hadn't been for fallout 76   If the "live action" trailer hadn't been for fallout 76 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2018 7:17 pm

that would sound very cool but i think if it was a tv show then it would need a funny movie script like a new virtualy game or something
Back to top Go down
IRORIEH

IRORIEH

Character sheet
Name: Booker
Faction: The highest bidder
Level: 21

PostSubject: Re: If the "live action" trailer hadn't been for fallout 76   If the "live action" trailer hadn't been for fallout 76 EmptySat Dec 01, 2018 6:48 am

All live action trailers usually mean is that your gameplay is nothing to be proud of.

And that looks like in the case that was true.

Back to top Go down
Sirdanest

Sirdanest

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: If the "live action" trailer hadn't been for fallout 76   If the "live action" trailer hadn't been for fallout 76 EmptySat Dec 01, 2018 7:11 am

Luckily we're pretending that it's for a tv show here, so the lacking gameplay won't be a problem. Wink
Back to top Go down
Heisenberg

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: If the "live action" trailer hadn't been for fallout 76   If the "live action" trailer hadn't been for fallout 76 EmptySat Dec 01, 2018 8:38 am

The live action trailer suited the gameplay of 76. 76 as a multiplayer game is not really intended to be taken as seriously as the other games, I think Bethesda missed the memo when they fucked up the established lore for this shit game, but had they continued on with their marketing strategy of Fallout 76 being some anarchic virtual sandbox as presented in the live action trailer, it might've been somewhat innocent in comparison to what it is now.
Back to top Go down
Hoppyhead

Hoppyhead

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: If the "live action" trailer hadn't been for fallout 76   If the "live action" trailer hadn't been for fallout 76 EmptySat Dec 01, 2018 5:53 pm

IIHawkerII wrote:
I guess I'm on the fringe here!
But honestly, I really, really disliked the live action trailer. >_<
It really felt, to me - Like the whole 'concept' of fallout was being painted as something completely different to appeal to a wider audience, it reminded me a lot of things like Fortnite in some ways, in how it was very upbeat and bombastic.

Honestly, It just rubbed me the wrong way -
Making the Deathclaw do a little slapstick routine...
Firing away at a bunch of mutants mid pirouette to a beach boys track...
Trekking through a bunch of whimsical fantasy landscapes that look almost inviting!
And then sitting back with some strangers to watch a nuke go off -

It just... Phew, I dunno - Felt really wrong against my own perception of the series and what it stands for.

I couldn't agree more with this. It feels wrong. If this were a tv series I would cringe and feel like it poorly represented the original feel of the series. I would hate it. The best live action Fallout series was Nuka Break. That would have been what a Fallout tv series should strive for.

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: If the "live action" trailer hadn't been for fallout 76   If the "live action" trailer hadn't been for fallout 76 EmptySat Dec 01, 2018 6:23 pm

Hoppyhead wrote:
The best live action Fallout series was Nuka Break. That would have been what a Fallout tv series should strive for.

At least the first season, only went downhill from there.
Back to top Go down
Sirdanest

Sirdanest

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: If the "live action" trailer hadn't been for fallout 76   If the "live action" trailer hadn't been for fallout 76 EmptySat Dec 01, 2018 6:29 pm

I wonder if the difference of opinion coincides with whether or not we play with or without wild wasteland?
Back to top Go down
farlas816

farlas816

PostSubject: Re: If the "live action" trailer hadn't been for fallout 76   If the "live action" trailer hadn't been for fallout 76 EmptySun Dec 02, 2018 7:32 am

Wild Wasteland adds some funny and weird stuff but it doesn't turn the game into happy funtimes. I just played through Lonesome Road again, so the whole "yay nukes are fun" thing that seems to be 76's endgame and a big part of this trailer really rub me the wrong way.

Sirdanest

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: If the "live action" trailer hadn't been for fallout 76   If the "live action" trailer hadn't been for fallout 76 EmptySun Dec 02, 2018 8:41 am

My real life self and my new vegas characters didn't really empathize with the "nukes are fun" attitude, but I can see such an attitude existing in some people the crazy Fallout world. I chose to interpret it as a gang of friends and allies who just finished the season by nuking the main villain, but I suppose it could be anything. Maybe new recruits to the children of the atom, or something. They look satisfied and victorious, barring that flying deathclaw whatever-it-is showing up. Kill one big bad only wake up something worse? Shit, they unleashed flying deathclaws on the world? Have to tune in to season 2 I guess.
As for the mutant swamp, it's great to see Fallout getting away from the "NOTHING CAN HAVE LEAVES IT IS ALL DEAD TREES EVERYWHERE!" and still looking alien and mysterious and full of ruins from the past. Are the very plants of this swamp mutants as well? Probably. Do they know where they're going or the swamp all new to them? Some of them are wearing vault suits but not all -- I wonder what their story is and how they came to be together and in this swamp?
Is that spinning, dual wielding woman insane, or just a 50th level character having some fun with low level enemies? I've done it, or would have if I could duel-wield. Wink
But, yeah, I green-modded my fallout 4 and didn't look back,so I'm biased.
"Friends welcome." I'd assume that's more like the creepy "free hugs" meme. I bet something will go wrong for them in there.
so... that's what was going through my mind when I imagined it as a tv show trailer rather than 76.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If the "live action" trailer hadn't been for fallout 76   If the "live action" trailer hadn't been for fallout 76 Empty

Back to top Go down

If the "live action" trailer hadn't been for fallout 76

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1