Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
machine NPCs dead boom mandalorian money Mask Gear commonwealth boomers Call riot hunk Ryse daryl Reforged space marvel Superpele ghoul upgrades khan wolfenstein body FCOM vault
Latest topics
» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Modding Help: How to "Create" weapons from other weapon parts! (Combining) Emptyby ZedraxStereo Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:44 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Modding Help: How to "Create" weapons from other weapon parts! (Combining) Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:53 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Modding Help: How to "Create" weapons from other weapon parts! (Combining) Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:43 pm

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Modding Help: How to "Create" weapons from other weapon parts! (Combining) Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:26 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
Modding Help: How to "Create" weapons from other weapon parts! (Combining) Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:21 pm

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Modding Help: How to "Create" weapons from other weapon parts! (Combining) Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:27 am

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Modding Help: How to "Create" weapons from other weapon parts! (Combining) Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
Modding Help: How to "Create" weapons from other weapon parts! (Combining) Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
Modding Help: How to "Create" weapons from other weapon parts! (Combining) Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Modding Help: How to "Create" weapons from other weapon parts! (Combining) Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:29 am

» Late Introduction
Modding Help: How to "Create" weapons from other weapon parts! (Combining) Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:29 pm

» Greetings!
Modding Help: How to "Create" weapons from other weapon parts! (Combining) Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:01 am

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
Modding Help: How to "Create" weapons from other weapon parts! (Combining) Emptyby gamerdude7892 Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:48 pm

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
Modding Help: How to "Create" weapons from other weapon parts! (Combining) Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Modding Help: How to "Create" weapons from other weapon parts! (Combining) Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:52 am

» So I tried my hand at modding...
Modding Help: How to "Create" weapons from other weapon parts! (Combining) Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:01 pm

» hi i'm new person
Modding Help: How to "Create" weapons from other weapon parts! (Combining) Emptyby Jackfishproductions Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:00 pm

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
Modding Help: How to "Create" weapons from other weapon parts! (Combining) Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:15 am

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
Modding Help: How to "Create" weapons from other weapon parts! (Combining) Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:18 am

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
Modding Help: How to "Create" weapons from other weapon parts! (Combining) Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:37 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Modding Help: How to "Create" weapons from other weapon parts! (Combining)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Niar26

Niar26

Modding Help: How to "Create" weapons from other weapon parts! (Combining) Empty
PostSubject: Modding Help: How to "Create" weapons from other weapon parts! (Combining)   Modding Help: How to "Create" weapons from other weapon parts! (Combining) EmptySat Apr 05, 2014 7:54 pm

Hello again my great community! Here i am to torment you all again with my boring questions with annihilating power!
And now, let the chaos begin!

You see , i've been watching a lot of weapon concepts from this person: http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/users/2856652/?
And, i don't know, those weapons are extremely good looking , new and remain very lore-friendly. Too bad they are just concepts, not real mods... Yet.

I have no idea what i'm doing, because i never modded a weapon in my entire life, but for those concepts to come true, i'm going to start and try.. But, i would like to ask all of you if you coukld help me, with basics of modding and maybe guiding me in the steps to make this weapon compilation come true (I will follow the concepts, so it's not going to be THAT hard, i think?) .

Cheers, buddies!

Modding Help: How to "Create" weapons from other weapon parts! (Combining) Tumblr_m4f9900IM11qk8ambo1_500Modding Help: How to "Create" weapons from other weapon parts! (Combining) Tumblr_mxpzuedfmx1qbtxe8o1_500Modding Help: How to "Create" weapons from other weapon parts! (Combining) Tumblr_mamcfzLSYt1r2vvn7o1_500
Back to top Go down
dazzerfong

dazzerfong

Modding Help: How to "Create" weapons from other weapon parts! (Combining) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modding Help: How to "Create" weapons from other weapon parts! (Combining)   Modding Help: How to "Create" weapons from other weapon parts! (Combining) EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 8:07 am

Two parts to kitbashing: acquiring parts, and trimming them.

Acquiring parts, find a mesh where you want your part from (ie. sniper scope, barrel, etc.) and copy it over to the base gun (ie. the gun which would have the most similar reload to your end-result). Doesn't matter if you have to copy the entire gun over just to have the part, that's where part 2 comes in.

Trimming them: import the mesh to 3DS Max or Blender, and select and delete the individual faces/vertices you don't need. Export the rest, and copy the exported stuff's NiTriStripsData over to your base gun's respective part.

PostSubject: Re: Modding Help: How to "Create" weapons from other weapon parts! (Combining)   Modding Help: How to "Create" weapons from other weapon parts! (Combining) EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 8:53 am

Hey Niar26, I would like to help you. I have quite a bit experience now in modding weapons, even started to make my own models in 3ds.
So if you have any question, feel free to send me a pm.
For the start you should get familiar with nifskope, because that is one of the programs where you will spend most of the time when combining parts.
And like dazzerfong said, you need a 3d program. Here is the link to all programs you need to use blender with nifs: http://niftools.sourceforge.net/wiki/Blender
If you decide to get 3DS Max you need a version below 2013. There is a plugin for 2013 but I think it is not finished yet. Anyway here is the nif plugin for 3DS 2010: http://niftools.sourceforge.net/wiki/3ds_Max
On this site are also some good tutorials to start.
Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Niar26

Niar26

PostSubject: Re: Modding Help: How to "Create" weapons from other weapon parts! (Combining)   Modding Help: How to "Create" weapons from other weapon parts! (Combining) EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 9:01 am

Alright guys thanks! I will try to make something ... I hope murdock you will have time for me TongueTril

Modding Help: How to "Create" weapons from other weapon parts! (Combining) Tumblr_m4f9900IM11qk8ambo1_500Modding Help: How to "Create" weapons from other weapon parts! (Combining) Tumblr_mxpzuedfmx1qbtxe8o1_500Modding Help: How to "Create" weapons from other weapon parts! (Combining) Tumblr_mamcfzLSYt1r2vvn7o1_500
Back to top Go down
maybenexttime

maybenexttime

Character sheet
Name: Nova
Faction: Brotherhood of Steel
Level: 70

PostSubject: Re: Modding Help: How to "Create" weapons from other weapon parts! (Combining)   Modding Help: How to "Create" weapons from other weapon parts! (Combining) EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 9:12 am

Try something simple. One of the first things I did was choose a custom gun that I wanted to modify. I chose one of the HK416 models. Than I opened up other guns grabbed pieces from them (copy branches), such as fore grope, flash light, laser sight, holo sight etc and paste branched on the HK416. Wyckedgurl used to help me on in this area when I was a noob. Than you align the pieces to your gun to make your custom gun.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxYtkZcLsMZbIKBe6Z35liA
Niar26

Niar26

PostSubject: Re: Modding Help: How to "Create" weapons from other weapon parts! (Combining)   Modding Help: How to "Create" weapons from other weapon parts! (Combining) EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 9:14 am

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/images/76474/?

The sniper rifle would be my first weapon to make, and it doesn't look too messy... You think it's doable even by a noob like me? If you were a noob, trust me, i'm like a noob for the noobs..

Back to top Go down
maybenexttime

maybenexttime

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Modding Help: How to "Create" weapons from other weapon parts! (Combining)   Modding Help: How to "Create" weapons from other weapon parts! (Combining) EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 9:16 am

Sure of course it's not too hard to mash up pieces together. When I first joined VGU this was one of the first things I did, in a few days I made a bunch of my own weapons.

Niar26

Niar26

PostSubject: Re: Modding Help: How to "Create" weapons from other weapon parts! (Combining)   Modding Help: How to "Create" weapons from other weapon parts! (Combining) EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 9:16 am

Alrighty then!

Let's guide me. I installed all the files needed for Blender. Now, what should i do?

Back to top Go down
maybenexttime

maybenexttime

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Modding Help: How to "Create" weapons from other weapon parts! (Combining)   Modding Help: How to "Create" weapons from other weapon parts! (Combining) EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 9:19 am

Blender? I would install nifskope first. I didn't even touch Blender/3ds max until I started to port things. All you need is nifskope to customize weapons (basic customization). Unless you want to make custom models.

Niar26

Niar26

PostSubject: Re: Modding Help: How to "Create" weapons from other weapon parts! (Combining)   Modding Help: How to "Create" weapons from other weapon parts! (Combining) EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 9:21 am

Alright, got nifskope aswell. I just need to learn how to make (for example that sniper) those weapons made from combining parts from other weapons right now Very Happy

Back to top Go down
maybenexttime

maybenexttime

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Modding Help: How to "Create" weapons from other weapon parts! (Combining)   Modding Help: How to "Create" weapons from other weapon parts! (Combining) EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 9:22 am

I can't talk much longer as I have class soon.

But load up your nif file of the sniper gun you want as the base.

Than load up the nifs of other guns and copy the pieces you want only. Copy branch.

Than go back to your original gun hit "0" and than paste branch.

Niar26

Niar26

PostSubject: Re: Modding Help: How to "Create" weapons from other weapon parts! (Combining)   Modding Help: How to "Create" weapons from other weapon parts! (Combining) EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 9:23 am

It looks like the base is of the 12.7mm SMG actually, should i load it first?

Back to top Go down
maybenexttime

maybenexttime

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Modding Help: How to "Create" weapons from other weapon parts! (Combining)   Modding Help: How to "Create" weapons from other weapon parts! (Combining) EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 9:24 am

Yeah, are you trying to copy what he did? You might have to unpack the files if it was part of the original game.

Niar26

Niar26

PostSubject: Re: Modding Help: How to "Create" weapons from other weapon parts! (Combining)   Modding Help: How to "Create" weapons from other weapon parts! (Combining) EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 9:25 am

Yep i am!

Back to top Go down
DVAted

DVAted

Character sheet
Name: DeViAted
Faction: GUNners
Level: 55

PostSubject: Re: Modding Help: How to "Create" weapons from other weapon parts! (Combining)   Modding Help: How to "Create" weapons from other weapon parts! (Combining) EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 9:26 am

most vanilla weapons have their entire body as one branch
you still need blender to cut apart the stock or the barrel or the scope,
if they're welded together in one single branch... just saying, Nifskope can only do so much

also, replies like
"yep I am" and "let's start" belong in a messenger/skype conversation, not on a forum topic Smile
I know you know this, I'm just reminding you. Otherwise, you could take this to the chatbox, that would also be better TongueTril

Last edited by DVAted on Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Niar26

Niar26

PostSubject: Re: Modding Help: How to "Create" weapons from other weapon parts! (Combining)   Modding Help: How to "Create" weapons from other weapon parts! (Combining) EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 9:27 am

Opening the weapon in Nifskope loads it correctly, but i see a lot of yellow lines which impair my sight of it Very Happy

I still don't get how i can cut the individual pieces and then add them on the weapon i want to change ( the base weapon, this case the 12.7 smg)

Back to top Go down
maybenexttime

maybenexttime

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Modding Help: How to "Create" weapons from other weapon parts! (Combining)   Modding Help: How to "Create" weapons from other weapon parts! (Combining) EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 9:28 am

DVAted wrote:
most vanilla weapons have their entire body as one branch
you still need blender to cut apart the stock or the barrel or the scope,
if they're welded together in one single branch... just saying, Nifskope can only do so much

also, replies like
"yep I am" and "let's start" belong in a messenger/skype conversation, not on a forum topic Smile
I know you know this, I'm just reminding you. Otherwise, you could take this to the chatbox, that would also be better TongueTril

oh yeah good point, I was assuming you were doing what I was doing and using custom models.

Niar26

Niar26

PostSubject: Re: Modding Help: How to "Create" weapons from other weapon parts! (Combining)   Modding Help: How to "Create" weapons from other weapon parts! (Combining) EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 9:47 am

I tried to import the Sniper Rifle in blender, but the weapon gets improted without textures, it is "full gray". Is it correct?

Back to top Go down
Murdock

PostSubject: Re: Modding Help: How to "Create" weapons from other weapon parts! (Combining)   Modding Help: How to "Create" weapons from other weapon parts! (Combining) EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 9:54 am

yes it is. You can show the textures by selecting the textured draw type. Next to "Object Mode" is a brown box. If you click on the arrows you should see 5 types to choose from. If you click textured, you should see the texture on the model. But I think the textures need to be in your gamefolder to be visble. So you have to unpack them from the BSA's.
Back to top Go down
Jimmakos

Jimmakos

PostSubject: Re: Modding Help: How to "Create" weapons from other weapon parts! (Combining)   Modding Help: How to "Create" weapons from other weapon parts! (Combining) EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 1:18 pm

Niar26 wrote:
but i see a lot of yellow lines which impair my sight of it Very Happy

While youre obviously in nifskope go to Render> and tick Draw Nodes,Draw Constrains(optional),Draw Furniture(optional),Show hidden.Untick the Draw Axes,Draw Havok(collision).

And have in mind to have your F2 and F3 windows displayed as are the only you need.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Modding Help: How to "Create" weapons from other weapon parts! (Combining)   Modding Help: How to "Create" weapons from other weapon parts! (Combining) Empty

Back to top Go down

Modding Help: How to "Create" weapons from other weapon parts! (Combining)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next