Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
Gear Overhaul wolfenstein khan gauss marvel body NPCs Ryse Superpele riot mandalorian money Mask ghoul Reforged machine Call daryl hunk commonwealth vault power boomers boom dead
Latest topics
» A long overdue introduction
FO4 Capital Wasteland canceled? - Page 2 Emptyby Athallah Akbar Yesterday at 8:46 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
FO4 Capital Wasteland canceled? - Page 2 Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
FO4 Capital Wasteland canceled? - Page 2 Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
FO4 Capital Wasteland canceled? - Page 2 Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:22 am

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
FO4 Capital Wasteland canceled? - Page 2 Emptyby gavin gold Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:22 am

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
FO4 Capital Wasteland canceled? - Page 2 Emptyby HardComma Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:42 pm

» Hello from nexus
FO4 Capital Wasteland canceled? - Page 2 Emptyby noacctname1 Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:54 pm

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
FO4 Capital Wasteland canceled? - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:06 pm

» The Next fallout
FO4 Capital Wasteland canceled? - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
FO4 Capital Wasteland canceled? - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
FO4 Capital Wasteland canceled? - Page 2 Emptyby CosmoMods Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:52 pm

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
FO4 Capital Wasteland canceled? - Page 2 Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:11 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
FO4 Capital Wasteland canceled? - Page 2 Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:21 pm

» black doors in sierra madre bug
FO4 Capital Wasteland canceled? - Page 2 Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:27 am

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
FO4 Capital Wasteland canceled? - Page 2 Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
FO4 Capital Wasteland canceled? - Page 2 Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
FO4 Capital Wasteland canceled? - Page 2 Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
FO4 Capital Wasteland canceled? - Page 2 Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:29 am

» Late Introduction
FO4 Capital Wasteland canceled? - Page 2 Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:29 pm

» Greetings!
FO4 Capital Wasteland canceled? - Page 2 Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:01 am

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

FO4 Capital Wasteland canceled?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
IIHawkerII

IIHawkerII

Character sheet
Name: Conroy El Cadera
Faction: Independant
Level: 49

FO4 Capital Wasteland canceled? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FO4 Capital Wasteland canceled?   FO4 Capital Wasteland canceled? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 26, 2018 4:58 pm

kazeem wrote:
Another deceiving decision of Bethesda: they forced the team involved in the project Capital Wasteland ( FO3 in FO4 ) to stop working on it because of their illegal use of the audio part, the voicing part ( that is what I've heard, but I've heard so many different things about it, I'm not really sure that 's the official reason actually). All the team is in stand by, waiting for approval on some points....It seems that Beths will nip another good idea in the bud. What a pity....

@kazeem
Bethesda didn't shut anything down. NafNaf asked Bethesda, the publisher if it would be legal to take the voice files from Fallout 3 and reuse them for the Capital Wasteland project. Bethesda simply told them that it wasn't legal... Which it isn't.

And I find, on my way to death and happiness,
that my heroes, my heroes dress in black.

Last edited by IIHawkerII on Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ahyuser001

ahyuser001

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: FO4 Capital Wasteland canceled?   FO4 Capital Wasteland canceled? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 26, 2018 10:16 pm

I think the kicker was some of the iconic voice lines by certain actors in FO3 and I agree with NafNaf. The game would not feel the same if it was done by another voice actor.

Also I am pretty sure Bethesda did not force the project to shut down. More like they gave advice to team on the possible repercussions if they used copy right material made by the artists involved in FO3.

The project lead simply decided that the game would not feel the same if they did not use some of the original voice lines from FO3 and halted any progress done on the project.

I wish they could overcome this hurdle so they could continue their work(maybe hire a VA with the same voice a Liam Neeson Very Happy).

There are a lot of videos on youtube that discusses this, I highly suggest watching those.

Will there be enough Dakka?
Back to top Go down
EyeShotFirst

EyeShotFirst

Character sheet
Name: Sharpe
Faction: Institute
Level: 37

PostSubject: Re: FO4 Capital Wasteland canceled?   FO4 Capital Wasteland canceled? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 26, 2018 10:37 pm

Reusing assets can be pretty iffy at times. I haven't personally seen or heard of Bethesda shutting anyone down for it. I think they probably could have continued work on it without issue from Bethesda, but even then, most of the mod host websites frown upon such actions. I learned that personally trying to bring Mojave Music Radio to New Vegas on The Nexus.

It is very much illegal, even if Bethesda says it's okay...There's probably somebody that could cause a big stink about it.

Sure, it's a bummer that it's shut down, but I respect their decision to close it down. I hope bits of the work will surface. Even if we can't have the mod in full, it would be neat to have some recreations from 3. Same if anything happens with the New Vegas mod. There's a lot of great work that I hope sees the light of day.
Back to top Go down
gibons45

gibons45

PostSubject: Re: FO4 Capital Wasteland canceled?   FO4 Capital Wasteland canceled? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 26, 2018 11:19 pm

This really did bum me out when i found out about it being canceled Crying or Very sad

Enclave11

Enclave11

Character sheet
Name: Colonel Autumn
Faction: Enclave
Level: 80

PostSubject: Re: FO4 Capital Wasteland canceled?   FO4 Capital Wasteland canceled? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 27, 2018 12:21 pm

Bastards and not Bethesda, they spoiled my favorite fallout so they also make people do what they both expected and loved.

And just do not protect them, yes, it's me you.

Back to top Go down
The Rabid Dog

The Rabid Dog

Character sheet
Name: Niko
Faction: Myself
Level: Over 9000 Chromosomes

PostSubject: Re: FO4 Capital Wasteland canceled?   FO4 Capital Wasteland canceled? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 27, 2018 2:21 pm

Well that's a shame, luckly the Fallout 4 New Vegas team are recording the voices, so they can do their stuff, i just hope they restore the cut content like the rotface unmarked quest.

HorseRider

stoobygacks

stoobygacks

Character sheet
Name: Stooby of the Gacks
Faction: New California Republic
Level: FL360

PostSubject: Re: FO4 Capital Wasteland canceled?   FO4 Capital Wasteland canceled? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 27, 2018 3:35 pm

Its a damn shame. Gopher made a good video discussing the complex copywrite issues the team ran into. That being said, the FNV remake in the works will probably run into the same problem. Unless the team records all the lines themselves.

Back to top Go down
TheThompsonBoss

PostSubject: Re: FO4 Capital Wasteland canceled?   FO4 Capital Wasteland canceled? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 27, 2018 8:34 pm

I just want to say that I've been a fan of Bethesda's games for years. It all started with Skyrim, then NV, then FO3, then Oblivion, then Morrowind, and finally FO4. Most criticized FO4, and while I do agree with some of the complaints. I still quite enjoyed FO4 all together. It's not as good as NV, but it still has it's moments.

Now with all that said...I hate what Bethesda has become when it comes to modding. It all started with late Skyrim when they tried to cash in on mods on the Steam Workshop. Then when FO4 and SSE came out they introduced the whole Creation Club nonsense. Some elements I heard were taken from existing mods and put in their own.

And now they effectively killed a fan project. A project that many fans put time and effort in. I know someone said it's technically not legal. But with that said they could have let it slide. Someone recreated the Witcher 1 opening in W3 recently. It even has the original audio in it. Voices, music, etc. You don't hear CDPR threatening to sue. At one time Bethesda knew to leave the modding to modders while they worked on quality games. Now they rather release Skyrim for the millionth time and shut down projects made for the fans by the fans for free. That's why I'm not mad at the Nexus for being so strict at times. If they make one false move companies like Bethesda may shut them down.
Back to top Go down
IIHawkerII

IIHawkerII

Character sheet
Name: Conroy El Cadera
Faction: Independant
Level: 49

PostSubject: Re: FO4 Capital Wasteland canceled?   FO4 Capital Wasteland canceled? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 28, 2018 4:17 am

TheThompsonBoss wrote:

And now they effectively killed a fan project. A project that many fans put time and effort in. I know someone said it's technically not legal. But with that said they could have let it slide. Someone recreated the Witcher 1 opening in W3 recently. It even has the original audio in it. Voices, music, etc. You don't hear CDPR threatening to sue. At one time Bethesda knew to leave the modding to modders while they worked on quality games. Now they rather release Skyrim for the millionth time and shut down projects made for the fans by the fans for free. That's why I'm not mad at the Nexus for being so strict at times. If they make one false move companies like Bethesda may shut them down.

@TheThompsonBoss
Here's the thing. They did let it slide. They didn't tell NafNaf he had to stop, they didn't even threaten the state of the project. NafNaf simply asked Bethesda if reusing the Fallout 3 voice files would be legal / something he could get away with without any trouble, Bethesda told him he could get in trouble for it, particularly concerning the character voices that Bethesda is unable to give away considering they don't own them.

From there- It was up to NafNaf, he had the information, weighed the pros and cons of continuing, decided he didn't want to risk being sued for using voices he didn't have the rights to... Then the CW project was cancelled.

Bethesda isn't at fault.

And I find, on my way to death and happiness,
that my heroes, my heroes dress in black.
Back to top Go down
WAREZ

WAREZ

PostSubject: Re: FO4 Capital Wasteland canceled?   FO4 Capital Wasteland canceled? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2018 10:06 am

Maybe just finish the project without those files and let other communities or people ...*cough*GUN*cough* handle the voices assets.

Specs: Intel Core i5 2500K | MSI B3 | Corsair 4x4GB DDR3-1600 | ASUS GTX 1060 6GB VRAM | Antec Kuhler H2O 920 | SSD Corsair Neutron - 256GB + V-NAND SSD 850 EVO 500GB + HDD 500GB Barracuda | CoolerMaster GX-Series 750W | CM Storm Enforcer | Tt Challenger Pro | Steelseries Sensei | Logitech MX518 | MS XBOX 360 Wireless | Windows 10 Pro x64 | OnePlus One 64GB Sandstone Black
Back to top Go down
Choochoo1

Choochoo1

Character sheet
Name: Choochoo1
Faction: Bounty Hunter
Level: 1

PostSubject: Re: FO4 Capital Wasteland canceled?   FO4 Capital Wasteland canceled? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2018 11:50 pm

It is sad that the project stopped but I can see the reasons why, Re-voicing an entire game like FO3 would be a huge undertaking. I'm actually shocked that that F4NV decided to redo all the audio.It would also loose a little something without some of the original voices. The only one I could maybe see them working with is Erik Todd Dellums, he's done a lot of work with the fallout community and maybe he would be willing to throw a few lines out for the team.

As for the legality of it all, the way I understand it is that Bethesda does not actually own the rights to most of the voice work in FO3, and certainly not to the music. So they CAN'T actually say "yea it's ok". I guess in the case of TTW it's a grey area or Bethesda turns a blind eye.

As for someone mentioning the witcher, I believe CDProject Red has a different set of use rules, as long as it's not commercial. Maybe in there case they do own the rights to the audio and can say it ok.

In the end I cant fault NafNaf and the team for not wanting to take the risk, unfortunately copyright laws just suck. In the end I think we should just appreciate what the team did and wish them well on whatever project they move on to. and maybe one day, when times are different the project can be revisited.
Back to top Go down
MrPezza

MrPezza

Character sheet
Name: The Lion
Faction: Horizon Military Solutions
Level: -

PostSubject: Re: FO4 Capital Wasteland canceled?   FO4 Capital Wasteland canceled? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 30, 2018 1:27 am

Was absolutely devastated when I heard about the project being cancelled, I was looking forwards to replaying the game that basically got me into gaming again in a better engine.

Also, I was really looking forward to trying to recreate some of the armour distribution packs i made with the old Mass Effect mod from this site, for some reason it just suited FO3 aesthetically so well.

Its a shame to be sure, can fully understand about the voice acting, on both sides of the argument. Legal issues always bring red tape with them, and re-recording a whole new game would be a montrous undertaking for such a small team, never mind the fact that we'd lose out on so many of those iconic voices (which were a part of wat drew me into the game in the first place).

I can only hope that maybe the team will at least release the worldspace that they've created so far, if not though there's plenty more on the horizon in terms of fallout modding to be excited for.

XIV VII MCMXC
Back to top Go down
Lone

Lone

PostSubject: Re: FO4 Capital Wasteland canceled?   FO4 Capital Wasteland canceled? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 07, 2018 11:12 am

I haven't looked at the project in a long time, was upset to see they've had to cancel. I'm hopeful ,however, that Bethesda may have their own project planned, with this year being the 10 year anniversary of Fallout 3 and all, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

I hope they can find a way around the legal issues and resume work on this Sad

PostSubject: Re: FO4 Capital Wasteland canceled?   FO4 Capital Wasteland canceled? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

FO4 Capital Wasteland canceled?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2