Gaming Underground Network

Come for the Mods, Stay for the Community!
 
HomeInterviewsRegisterLog in
Info Panel
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
_
November 2019
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
    123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
252627282930 
CalendarCalendar

Share
 

 So apparently you guys have some of the best mods

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CrossDesigNate

avatar

Posts : 26
Join date : 2018-02-23
Age : 27
Location : California

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

So apparently you guys have some of the best mods Empty
PostSubject: So apparently you guys have some of the best mods   So apparently you guys have some of the best mods EmptySat Feb 24, 2018 11:37 am

hey everyone, you can call me Cross or Nate. I've been adding mods to my games since Wolfenstein 3D, hell I still play it too. I've never actually made mods, but love playin the hell out of em. I'm an entrepreneur and wine tasting room manager that loves modding my games out for fun. So I'll be honest, this community seems like it has a bit of ego, just from its reputation on reddit and youtube comments. I can understand locking mods that are ports from other games, but to me the idea of modding is supposed to be about sharing it, despite what people do. I definitely understand the creative side of something being your baby, but I've always believed in no limits modding. I'd love to hear a bit more about the community and why you guys do it. If I'm wrong, I'll gladly be apart of this thing, ego's are so pointless to me.
Back to top Go down
darkstyler

darkstyler

Posts : 1109
Join date : 2017-12-09
Age : 53
Location : France - Brittany

So apparently you guys have some of the best mods Empty
PostSubject: Re: So apparently you guys have some of the best mods   So apparently you guys have some of the best mods EmptySat Feb 24, 2018 1:05 pm

@CrossDressiNate Welcome to you Nate.
Quote :
I can understand locking mods that are ports from other games, but to me the idea of modding is supposed to be about sharing it, despite what people do. I definitely understand the creative side of something being your baby, but I've always believed in no limits modding.
Modders define if their mod is available to public or not.

A majority of mods are available to public, few in the private sections. See the mod master thread on the left column...
Because they have done it and "it's their property".
Because without modders, no mods, no site = nothing.
When a mod is "stolen" or leaks from the site and is reposted in another country, (sometimes even the person who stole it clame he has made it), some modders are so disapointed that they quit the site and stop doing mods.
[the idea of modding is supposed to be about sharing it] yes...but at the conditions of the modder who made it. People should lose this bad habit of believing that everything is due to them ... for free. It's the modder who decide and he owes us nothing, it's pretty quite the contrary.
These are our rules because staff / modders have decided so and as I said recently, if this is the price to pay to have free mods, (enjoy them carefully, I'm wondering if this will last for an eternity...games need more and more skills to be modded) so be it. It's a cheap price I think in exchange of all the free mods downloaded and all the time spent by modders on their work.
Some months ago a guy told me, "mods are not difficult to make by modders because it's fun for them" and this guy have never made any mods of his entire life. No...mods are not fun...they are work, even if the people who made it are passionate and receive some satisfaction and create mods in their spare time like a hobby. Keep in mind it's a work and becomes a duty when published because it has to be supported, bugs, etc...

This is at these conditions of respect that GUN can last. GUN is one of the last refuge of this kind and I'm proud to become a part of it. See you later in yours posts and enjoy the tour Smile

_________________
So apparently you guys have some of the best mods Sig-1214So apparently you guys have some of the best mods Bande-21So apparently you guys have some of the best mods Bande-22So apparently you guys have some of the best mods Bande-23So apparently you guys have some of the best mods Bande-24So apparently you guys have some of the best mods Bande-25


Last edited by darkstyler on Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:12 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.gunetwork.org/t16839-tutorial-on-how-to-mod-your-hea
Tyls

Tyls

Posts : 187
Join date : 2018-01-07
Age : 36
Location : France

Character sheet
Name: Madwolf
Faction: Independant
Level: Ultimate

So apparently you guys have some of the best mods Empty
PostSubject: Re: So apparently you guys have some of the best mods   So apparently you guys have some of the best mods EmptySat Feb 24, 2018 1:50 pm

@CrossDressiNate Welcome home buddy,

I truly love your utopic vision about modding but it's from Cloud cuckoo land. Modding is a huge time eater hobby and it isn't an very awarding task. Look on the Nexus for example the base ratio endorsement/unique dl is 1/100 and I don't speak about the comments.
Have a look on Real Time Settler and Wasteland Defense to see the nefasts consequences from leaking mod.
Do you know the "Creation club"? Do you want to pay anything you will add to your game? Surely you don't.
Well despite all of this I hope you will have a nice journey on the GUN public releases don't forget to thank the modders, to comment to give feedback and so on. Hope our community will enjoy yourself. See you later.

_________________
So apparently you guys have some of the best mods Summer-shootsgif
Back to top Go down
Chinpoko117

Chinpoko117

Posts : 377
Join date : 2014-10-28
Age : 23
Location : Florida

So apparently you guys have some of the best mods Empty
PostSubject: Re: So apparently you guys have some of the best mods   So apparently you guys have some of the best mods EmptySat Feb 24, 2018 3:39 pm

To be honest the private section sucks lol, compared to the public section anyway. Hardly anything there at all, very occasionally some sweet WIP might be posted there for beta and bug testing purposes and usually not long after that kind of stuff goes straight to the public section, where all the meat on the bones are. I like to think of the private section as the extra fatty meat. It's there, not as plentiful, but still there.

Anyway, welcome to the community! Always nice to see new members.

_________________
List of my mods:
Y-17 Replacer
Doom Weapon Pack
Wasteland Arsenal
Doom Praetor Suit Visor
BF4 Chinese Pack
F4NV - Anti Material Rifle Replacer
Back to top Go down
Evmeister

Evmeister

Posts : 960
Join date : 2014-03-18
Age : 31
Location : The Salish Sea

So apparently you guys have some of the best mods Empty
PostSubject: Re: So apparently you guys have some of the best mods   So apparently you guys have some of the best mods EmptySat Feb 24, 2018 4:24 pm

@CrossDressiNate Quite frankly modders that were free with their mods got burned the most. You're new, so you've probably never heard of TesVixen. She had an amazing Mass Effect mod that she was working on for either Fallout 3 or Fallout New Vegas, can't remember what game. Anyways, she had ported a massive amount of content and had a working Krogan, among other things. Well some Russian modders took that shit up posted it on one of their sites and claimed it as their own. Understandably TexVixen was pissed and pulled all her ME content. Possible one of the best ME mods ever to touch Fallout, gone. NOW, nobody gets to play it. All because people are entitled and have no respect.

So, you say GUN has ego problem. No. I say the people that steal mods and pass them off as their own have ego problems. The modders requested GUN to make a private mod section. This allows the modders to release their work to "trusted" users before a public release to work out the kinks or bugs. Why did i quotation marks on "trusted"? Because even colonials have gone and leaked GUN mods and passed it off as their own.

So it's not really an ego thing, it's more so the VGU and GUN and it's modders have been burned more times then people can count. I know one modder that does some awesome personal mods, ports, he's showed me screenshots, but he's never going to release his stuff. There many great mods that people have made for themselves that you'll never see. The modders that do these ports and then actually choose to release on GUN, or the public, should at least have their wishes respected.

Anyways welcome to GUN, it's not as bad as Reddit and Youtube has tried to make out to be. Especially if you've been lurking in the pirating reddit forum where they endlessly talk shit about the site. I hope you'll come to see that it's a good community and conducive to modders and users alike.

_________________
So apparently you guys have some of the best mods Pbadmb10
Banner from Star's Workshop
Back to top Go down
SentinelHunter

SentinelHunter

Posts : 1124
Join date : 2016-02-04
Age : 20
Location : United States

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

So apparently you guys have some of the best mods Empty
PostSubject: Re: So apparently you guys have some of the best mods   So apparently you guys have some of the best mods EmptySat Feb 24, 2018 6:27 pm

So what I was gonna say, has already been said it seems. But I will say that this site does a pretty good job at protecting it's modders. Not everything is 100% secure though. But there is a reason why people are so protective of their mods.

I've already had a few of my mods stolen and uploaded on different (not trying to sound offensive) non-english sites. Now, I wouldn't care if they wanted to host so people of their language can also use it. But it's the fact that they didn't ask permission, or even credit me in the slightest that pisses me off. Especially since it just links straight to the download and doesn't go to this site.

And since they won't even reply to me, whether it's because they can't understand me or because they don't care, I can't do anything about it. I'll be honest in that I almost pulled all my mods off the public section. But I thought about the people who do enjoy it, and have shown support and appreciation for my mods.

Anyway I'll stop venting before I go too far. I just hope you understand that there's a reason that we're so protective of our mods. Because the feeling you get when your own mod is stolen and other people take credit for it, is pretty much soul crushing.

Welcome to GUN. I hope we can show you that we're not the bad people that YouTube and Reddit makes us out to be. If you don't think it's possible then let me tell you that before I joined I used to be completely against GUN. Now I think it's one of the best communities to be apart of. This community is pretty much the only reason I was able to get into modding.


_________________
So apparently you guys have some of the best mods Destru10



My Mods (All Public):
 
Back to top Go down
FafnirEtherion

FafnirEtherion

Posts : 704
Join date : 2015-06-14
Age : 22
Location : France

Character sheet
Name: Julien
Faction: New California Republic
Level: 29

So apparently you guys have some of the best mods Empty
PostSubject: Re: So apparently you guys have some of the best mods   So apparently you guys have some of the best mods EmptySat Feb 24, 2018 9:54 pm

Before joining, I had read ALL OVER the Internet that the GUN community were a bunch of retarded elitists ( I'm actually quoting a Redditor, here XD )... But after signing up and discussing with people for a few months, I realized that these people were just a bunch of salty bois, pissed that they can't use awesome mods without socializing first XD !

Anyways, welcome to this site ! You'll see that what this site have to offer is much more that a few mods for Fallout and stuff... Just take a glance at the screenshots sections to see how creative GUNners are XD !

We really don't have an ego, believe me !

_________________
I've come here to chew bubblegum and mod Fallout ! And I'm all out of bubblegum !

My mods :

Fallout New Vegas:
 


Skyrim:
 
Back to top Go down
CrossDesigNate

avatar

Posts : 26
Join date : 2018-02-23
Age : 27
Location : California

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

So apparently you guys have some of the best mods Empty
PostSubject: Re: So apparently you guys have some of the best mods   So apparently you guys have some of the best mods EmptyMon Feb 26, 2018 10:05 am

@Tyls wrote:
@CrossDressiNate Welcome home buddy,

I truly love your utopic vision about modding but it's from Cloud cuckoo land. Modding is a huge time eater hobby and it isn't an very awarding task. Look on the Nexus for example the base ratio endorsement/unique dl is 1/100 and I don't speak about the comments.
Have a look on Real Time Settler and Wasteland Defense to see the nefasts consequences from leaking mod.
Do you know the "Creation club"? Do you want to pay anything you will add to your game? Surely you don't.
Well despite all of this I hope you will have a nice journey on the GUN public releases don't forget to thank the modders, to comment to give feedback and so on. Hope our community will enjoy yourself. See you later.

Well, I guess for how long I've been around it, it's kind of expected. When people used to make mods, they usually didn't give a fuck if someone stole it, or if they did, the issue would try to be resolved privately. This was also when dial up was the only form of connection to the internet. Yeah the Creation Club is something I absolutely refuse to endorse and take part in. If it ever comes to the day where big mods like Falskaar, FWE, Project Nevada, Wyrmstooth, etc are behind a pay wall that a developer/publisher for the base game setup I will be a huge supporter of pirating mods then. Thankfully it isn't there and won't happen for a long time; we all know it will eventually. That is something I can and love doing. Mod authors who do it for the love of modding and talking to people is why i love it so much!

@Chinpoko117 wrote:
To be honest the private section sucks lol, compared to the public section anyway. Hardly anything there at all, very occasionally some sweet WIP might be posted there for beta and bug testing purposes and usually not long after that kind of stuff goes straight to the public section, where all the meat on the bones are. I like to think of the private section as the extra fatty meat. It's there, not as plentiful, but still there.

Anyway, welcome to the community! Always nice to see new members.

Good to know! Lets see how long it'll last, apparently I've already pissed a mod off. LOL!

@Evmeister wrote:
@CrossDressiNate Quite frankly modders that were free with their mods got burned the most. You're new, so you've probably never heard of TesVixen. She had an amazing Mass Effect mod that she was working on for either Fallout 3 or Fallout New Vegas, can't remember what game. Anyways, she had ported a massive amount of content and had a working Krogan, among other things. Well some Russian modders took that shit up posted it on one of their sites and claimed it as their own. Understandably TexVixen was pissed and pulled all her ME content. Possible one of the best ME mods ever to touch Fallout, gone. NOW, nobody gets to play it. All because people are entitled and have no respect.

So, you say GUN has ego problem. No. I say the people that steal mods and pass them off as their own have ego problems. The modders requested GUN to make a private mod section. This allows the modders to release their work to "trusted" users before a public release to work out the kinks or bugs. Why did i quotation marks on "trusted"? Because even colonials have gone and leaked GUN mods and passed it off as their own.

So it's not really an ego thing, it's more so the VGU and GUN and it's modders have been burned more times then people can count. I know one modder that does some awesome personal mods, ports, he's showed me screenshots, but he's never going to release his stuff. There many great mods that people have made for themselves that you'll never see. The modders that do these ports and then actually choose to release on GUN, or the public, should at least have their wishes respected.

Anyways welcome to GUN, it's not as bad as Reddit and Youtube has tried to make out to be. Especially if you've been lurking in the pirating reddit forum where they endlessly talk shit about the site. I hope you'll come to see that it's a good community and conducive to modders and users alike.

That really is a bummer...

I can agree for the most part. The only time i don't agree is with things like Superpacks. Lets take the FCOM Superpack for oblivion for example. FCOM was a very difficult series of mods to install. it also became impossible to correctly install, since some mods were updated and some weren't. the guy who made the Superpack gave everyone credit, made everything compatible with other mods added and made it basically crash free. The only thing he did wrong was not ask mod authors or they didn't give him permission. To be fair, when only 10% of the community can play something either due to saving files on an external HD or complexity of installation, I'm gonna have to side with the guy who makes it accessible to everyone. Same thing happened for Battlefront 2 with the Ultimate Pack. Noone attempted to take credit away, just made something for the players. Those I will always support, since the real reason modders release mods publicly or should be is so people can enjoy it. If it's done without stealing and giving credit, even without permission, thats always a good thing.

I tend to take Youtube and Reddit with a bit more than a grain of salt, but always wary with patterns. Reddit has always been a community of circle jerkers and Youtube is just full of loud idiots.

@SentinelHunter wrote:
So what I was gonna say, has already been said it seems. But I will say that this site does a pretty good job at protecting it's modders. Not everything is 100% secure though. But there is a reason why people are so protective of their mods.

I've already had a few of my mods stolen and uploaded on different (not trying to sound offensive) non-english sites. Now, I wouldn't care if they wanted to host so people of their language can also use it. But it's the fact that they didn't ask permission, or even credit me in the slightest that pisses me off. Especially since it just links straight to the download and doesn't go to this site.

And since they won't even reply to me, whether it's because they can't understand me or because they don't care, I can't do anything about it. I'll be honest in that I almost pulled all my mods off the public section. But I thought about the people who do enjoy it, and have shown support and appreciation for my mods.

Anyway I'll stop venting before I go too far. I just hope you understand that there's a reason that we're so protective of our mods. Because the feeling you get when your own mod is stolen and other people take credit for it, is pretty much soul crushing.

Welcome to GUN. I hope we can show you that we're not the bad people that YouTube and Reddit makes us out to be. If you don't think it's possible then let me tell you that before I joined I used to be completely against GUN. Now I think it's one of the best communities to be apart of. This community is pretty much the only reason I was able to get into modding.


I definitely understand how horrible it can be to have your blood, sweat and tears stolen, not given any credit and fucked around can be. I used to sing professionally in a choir and a guy who worked for the recording studio used some samples of our choir and tried to pass it off as his own music. He was trying to sell it for money, as well. Don't worry about being offensive, we are all human and offend each other just by breathing in some cases. TongueTril The Chinese and Russians are infamous for that.

Well I'm  glad that you didn't. if I try them i'll let you know what I think of em, dude!

@FafnirEtherion wrote:
Before joining, I had read ALL OVER the Internet that the GUN community were a bunch of retarded elitists ( I'm actually quoting a Redditor, here XD )... But after signing up and discussing with people for a few months, I realized that these people were just a bunch of salty bois, pissed that they can't use awesome mods without socializing first XD !

Anyways, welcome to this site ! You'll see that what this site have to offer is much more that a few mods for Fallout and stuff... Just take a glance at the screenshots sections to see how creative GUNners are XD !

We really don't have an ego, believe me !

So far seems like community itself is cool, from what I've seen. A mod or two might need to go travel, relax, get laid, etc. But I'm no stranger to pissing people who are tight and wound up off pretty easily. lol! cowboy Motorcycle
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




So apparently you guys have some of the best mods Empty
PostSubject: Re: So apparently you guys have some of the best mods   So apparently you guys have some of the best mods Empty

Back to top Go down
 

So apparently you guys have some of the best mods

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

 Similar topics

-
» Rate these guys
» Sorry, guys!
» Toy Story LEGO + MATTEL WWE
» Hey Guys! My Brute: Bekir Cem
» and you guys thought civic was nice....

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gaming Underground Network :: News, Events, Administration :: Welcome-