Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
Metal mandalorian boomers NPCs leon Mask Superpele power riot Reforged hunk brotherhood Gear port wolfenstein machine body vault dead commonwealth money Ryse marvel ghoul boom khan
Latest topics
» Roland Deschain ist The Mysterious Stranger and other t
FO4 modding slowing down? Emptyby SpaceRanger Mon 22 Jul 2024, 4:15 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
FO4 modding slowing down? Emptyby SpaceRanger Mon 22 Jul 2024, 3:25 am

» [FO4] Doom 2016 models as replecement.
FO4 modding slowing down? Emptyby SpaceRanger Sun 21 Jul 2024, 3:12 am

» [FO4] Secret Service armor, helmet headlamp
FO4 modding slowing down? Emptyby fossaceca17 Sat 20 Jul 2024, 10:19 pm

» The Legion are fascists, let's discuss it.
FO4 modding slowing down? Emptyby Cipher22 Thu 11 Jul 2024, 11:28 pm

» The Next fallout
FO4 modding slowing down? Emptyby Cipher22 Thu 11 Jul 2024, 11:25 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
FO4 modding slowing down? Emptyby Cipher22 Thu 11 Jul 2024, 11:21 pm

» Afterlife discord
FO4 modding slowing down? Emptyby Willaemann Tue 09 Jul 2024, 1:44 pm

» What happened to Outlawer's pack 1?
FO4 modding slowing down? Emptyby Trappy82 Mon 17 Jun 2024, 12:17 am

» Greetings
FO4 modding slowing down? Emptyby septron Fri 14 Jun 2024, 8:49 am

» Starfield
FO4 modding slowing down? Emptyby jaypak Mon 10 Jun 2024, 3:56 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
FO4 modding slowing down? Emptyby RockstarAC16 Mon 03 Jun 2024, 5:19 am

» Just a tired engineer with too little free time
FO4 modding slowing down? Emptyby Lonesome_Wanderer Thu 30 May 2024, 11:02 pm

» Hello everyone. Looking to add classic Fallout in FO4
FO4 modding slowing down? Emptyby Lonesome_Wanderer Thu 30 May 2024, 10:53 pm

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
FO4 modding slowing down? Emptyby SpookyGeist Wed 29 May 2024, 8:39 am

» XHX Discord server.
FO4 modding slowing down? Emptyby TheGoodKoosh Sat 25 May 2024, 5:25 pm

» Weird bug or glitch with Console Command. [FNV]
FO4 modding slowing down? Emptyby nickenicole47 Sat 25 May 2024, 3:05 am

» What's your favorite weapon in the Fallout Series
FO4 modding slowing down? Emptyby FellowHumanOfOutpost31 Thu 23 May 2024, 11:32 am

» (FO4) FO76 BOS Objects
FO4 modding slowing down? Emptyby keelordd Wed 22 May 2024, 2:53 am

» How to change the UI sound fx placed by a mod?
FO4 modding slowing down? Emptyby immortallegion Sun 12 May 2024, 6:40 pm

July 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
July 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

FO4 modding slowing down?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
GoofyGoo6er

GoofyGoo6er

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction: Republic of Dave
Level: 31

FO4 modding slowing down? Empty
PostSubject: FO4 modding slowing down?   FO4 modding slowing down? EmptyMon 05 Feb 2018, 5:05 pm

Anyone else think that the modding community for F04 is starting to slow? I am kind of surprised we haven't seen a monster mod yet...or AWOP....or something. Idk, maybe it is just me. Thoughts?

DISCLAIMER- YES, FNV IS BAE, ETC. ETC. ETC.

Back to top Go down
The Rabid Dog

The Rabid Dog

Character sheet
Name: Niko
Faction: Myself
Level: Over 9000 Chromosomes

PostSubject: Re: FO4 modding slowing down?   FO4 modding slowing down? EmptyMon 05 Feb 2018, 5:20 pm

Just one thing: game replayability.

Wertologist

Wertologist

PostSubject: Re: FO4 modding slowing down?   FO4 modding slowing down? EmptyMon 05 Feb 2018, 5:37 pm

I'm no modder, but from what I've seen, a lot of the features of the game are hardcoded. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of room to squeeze in a new mechanic. Hell, there are only a handful of new weapons while NV had hundreds.

There's also the issue of the game just not being too great. Also the constant "updates" from Bethesda might deter people. After all, why make a mod that might break in a few weeks?
Back to top Go down
MotionlessGhost

MotionlessGhost

Character sheet
Name: Evelyn
Faction: Vault 76
Level: 110

PostSubject: Re: FO4 modding slowing down?   FO4 modding slowing down? EmptyMon 05 Feb 2018, 5:59 pm

Right now? It is not. If you were to tell me last year around this time I would agree, but there is a lot of new big projects being worked on and there is a steady stream of small but important mods paving the way as well.

Fallout 4 mods are progressively getting more and more ambitious each year. I feel they are propelled even more by the Cascadia, The Capital Wasteland Project, and Fallout 4: New Vegas teams. These teams are helping bring back what was stripped out and cast aside by Bethesda. They have already helped bring about LevelUpMenuEx and Extended Dialogue Interface. The Extended Dialogue Interface mod is definitely going to be a requirement for future quest mods, as it gets rid of the hard coded 4 dialogue option tree. Seriously check those projects out they are doing a lot of great things for this flawed game.

Edit: It seems like Hitman has taken up Fallout 4 modding as well. So be on the look out for new mods from him.

FO4 modding slowing down? 2UdjtkR
Back to top Go down
Heisenberg

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: FO4 modding slowing down?   FO4 modding slowing down? EmptyMon 05 Feb 2018, 6:40 pm

I dunno. It seems to be thriving to me. So many WIPs and projects being made has me excited for the future. The mods that are currently released fix a lot of the game's problems and make it a much more enjoyable experience.
Back to top Go down
stoobygacks

stoobygacks

Character sheet
Name: Stooby of the Gacks
Faction: New California Republic
Level: FL360

PostSubject: Re: FO4 modding slowing down?   FO4 modding slowing down? EmptyMon 05 Feb 2018, 7:28 pm

I hear of a lot of huge projects like remaking FNV or FO3, but i'm pretty disappointed at the moment. I mean I look at the front page of the FO4 nexus and all I see are big breasted, slooty armor mods and sometimes a modern weapon mod here and there. I understand that modders don't have all the time in the world, but the FO4 modding community seems to be pretty uninspired at the moment.

Back to top Go down
weintraub

weintraub

PostSubject: Re: FO4 modding slowing down?   FO4 modding slowing down? EmptyMon 05 Feb 2018, 8:14 pm

I think there's a lot of interesting content coming out, especially when you look at F4NV and Cascadia, but quite honestly Fallout 4 just really isn't very replayable unless you're looking for something other than an RPG experience (which in my opinion is the whole point of playing a Fallout game). It's also something you see with Skyrim - people want to make the mods that appeal to them, and most of the new releases with Skyrim are pretty-looking followers and skimpy outfits.

kazeem

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: FO4 modding slowing down?   FO4 modding slowing down? EmptyTue 06 Feb 2018, 1:55 am

Not sure that it is slowing. But from what I've seen, the good mods take a loooot of time to be ready for release and it is almost worth the wait. I follow some authors that make a hell of great work, but they always need time to test it ingame and to not upload something crappy. Patience is a virtue.

Splatter, splatter, splatter, gnnnniihhh and....SPLATTER!
Back to top Go down
BITBUT

BITBUT

PostSubject: Re: FO4 modding slowing down?   FO4 modding slowing down? EmptyTue 06 Feb 2018, 6:02 am

Yeah I think fo4's modding is going a bit too slow compared to FNV at this time but that doesn't mean we had streaks of good stuff that came out for Fo4 but we do have titan-size mods like Cascadia, Fo3 to Fo4,FNV to Fo4, and the miami stuff. With those stuff in the works I don't really feel bored of Fo4's modding scene as I expect and am excited for these gigantic mods to come out.
Back to top Go down
summit4

summit4

PostSubject: Re: FO4 modding slowing down?   FO4 modding slowing down? EmptyWed 07 Feb 2018, 9:24 am

Just look on fallout public threads mod. Looks like it has picked up.
Back to top Go down
GoofyGoo6er

GoofyGoo6er

Character sheet
Faction: Republic of Dave
Level: 31

PostSubject: Re: FO4 modding slowing down?   FO4 modding slowing down? EmptyWed 07 Feb 2018, 3:59 pm

I guess I am just impatient for my monster mod lol. I love those game breaking, crash-inducing, little buggers.
Back to top Go down
Riddell26

Riddell26

Character sheet
Name: Commander Doom
Faction: Grand Army of The Republic
Level: 0-3

PostSubject: Re: FO4 modding slowing down?   FO4 modding slowing down? EmptyThu 22 Feb 2018, 12:38 am

Theres alot of quantity over quality. Im really hoping for more quest mods in the future.

"They grow up loyal to the Republic, or they don't grow up at all."
―Alpha-17
Back to top Go down
Evmeister

Evmeister

PostSubject: Re: FO4 modding slowing down?   FO4 modding slowing down? EmptyTue 27 Feb 2018, 8:37 pm

I think @Riddell26 hit the nail on the head. I browse the recent mods for Fallout 4 every day on Nexus, and There's maybe one quality mod that comes out a week, if you're lucky, that tends to get lots of endorsements. A lot of people are just releasing lots of tweaks, stuff that barely constitute as mods.

However I think because a lot of big projects are in the works for FNV and FO4, there's not going to be a lot of the big modders making their own stuff because they're all putting their efforts into the big mods.

ahyuser001

ahyuser001

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: FO4 modding slowing down?   FO4 modding slowing down? EmptyWed 28 Feb 2018, 1:35 am

I wouldn't say slowing down, more like it's getting more ambitious (Fallout 4: New Vegas, Fallout 4: Capital Wasteland, WARS, Fallout: Miami, Cascadia).

I noticed that modders are pooling in to help with these projects which would probably explain why we aren't getting more mods daily here and on Nexus.

Heck when I checked moddb I saw Fallout: Niagra.

Will there be enough Dakka?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FO4 modding slowing down?   FO4 modding slowing down? EmptyWed 28 Feb 2018, 5:43 pm

Definitely not slowing down, there's a lot of great mods that is getting worked on. Too soon to say the community is slowing down. You think it's slowing down because a lot of great mods are huge projects and takes a lot of time. Be patient.
Back to top Go down
AussieShepherd117

AussieShepherd117

PostSubject: Re: FO4 modding slowing down?   FO4 modding slowing down? EmptyWed 28 Feb 2018, 7:28 pm

I wouldnt say it slowed down, mods good ones take alot of time hell i would know, games like new vegas have been out since 2010 and alot of the mods on that were easily ported from fallout 3 cause same engine. Skyrim didnt ha e much good stuff in the beginning, you also take into account that Fallout 4 only released late 2015 and it took much more longer for the official tools to release, so

YeezusJeezus

YeezusJeezus

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: FO4 modding slowing down?   FO4 modding slowing down? EmptyWed 28 Feb 2018, 8:40 pm

I'd imagine we'll start seeing some really quality ones in the upcoming year. Hoping the NV and Fallout 3 mods see the light of day in the future

PostSubject: Re: FO4 modding slowing down?   FO4 modding slowing down? EmptyThu 01 Mar 2018, 4:41 am

YeezusJeezus wrote:
I'd imagine we'll start seeing some really quality ones in the upcoming year. Hoping the NV and Fallout 3 mods see the light of day in the future
i hope they can be made to be compatible with each other so we can have fo4 tale of 3 wastelands.
Back to top Go down
AgentChaos

AgentChaos

PostSubject: Re: FO4 modding slowing down?   FO4 modding slowing down? EmptyThu 01 Mar 2018, 5:36 am

Don't you guys love the dozens of looksmenu presets or cbbe presets everyday? /s
Back to top Go down
dantaefetticus

dantaefetticus

Character sheet
Name: Samson Ramsey
Faction: Independent
Level:

PostSubject: Re: FO4 modding slowing down?   FO4 modding slowing down? EmptyFri 02 Mar 2018, 6:15 pm

I don't think so. Ever since like mid-2017 Fallout 4 has been getting a lot of traffic. Right now, Fallout 4 has the second highest amount of downloads and uploads with Skyrim taking 1st place (which isn't surprising because it's Skyrim for crying out). Yes, it is true that there are a lot of patch mods and skimpy sexual mods being released, but that is sort of expected seeing that a lot of Skyrim modders migrated over to Fallout 4. That also doesn't change the fact that there are a lot of really high-quality mods being released. There are mods that even change certain aspects of the game gameplay and RPG wise (Start Me Up for example). Another thing, quite a few big name modders are busy working on huge projects like some of the few other GUNners mentioned before in this thread. Those take up a lot of time and effort. One thing I can say for certain though, Fallout 4's mod traffic is WAY bigger than New Vegas'. I am not saying that to diss the New Vegas modding community, but it's kinda true, unfortunately. The New Vegas Nexus is not as busy as it was a few years ago. The mods that do come out nowadays are still really good though.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FO4 modding slowing down?   FO4 modding slowing down? Empty

Back to top Go down

FO4 modding slowing down?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next