Gaming Underground Network

Come for the Mods, Stay for the Community!

HomeInterviewsRegisterLog in
Info Panel
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
_
October 2019
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

FNV: No Storage Device Selected?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
thegreataimbottio

thegreataimbottio

FNV: No Storage Device Selected? Empty
PostSubject: FNV: No Storage Device Selected?   FNV: No Storage Device Selected? EmptyThu Nov 24, 2016 2:21 am

Hey guys, after reinstalling New Vegas for what seems like the billionth time I've run into a glitch/bug that in 652 hours of playing New Vegas, I've never experienced ever. After making a change in the settings such as volume or hud color I get a message that says, "No storage device is detected, selected settings will not be saved." I have no idea what could be causing this and so far looking online hasn't really helped much. If any of you has either experienced this bug or a similar on or at knows how to help I would greatly appreciate this. Note, I'm on the latest version of Windows 10.

VWgolfR1

FNV: No Storage Device Selected? Empty
PostSubject: Re: FNV: No Storage Device Selected?   FNV: No Storage Device Selected? EmptySat Nov 26, 2016 1:07 am

In the Documents folder, there is a My Games folder (where Fallout stores it's save files). Right click on it and select Properties. On the Security tab, make sure all the profiles available have permissions to modify the files. (If they don't, click Edit and change their permissions to Full Control.)

Also, just as a good measure, you could "Take Ownership" of the folders so that Windows knows they're your files, and that it's alright to change them. "Take Ownership" is in the right-click context menu. If it's not, then Google it and there should be a simple update to download to let Windows "Take Ownership" of files and folders.
Back to top Go down

FNV: No Storage Device Selected?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1