Gaming Underground Network

Come for the Mods, Stay for the Community!

HomeCalendarFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Info Panel

Profile Image Guidelines
December 2016
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

Do you prefer walking or fast traveling?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
p0ser

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer walking or fast traveling?   Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:29 am

Fast travel spared me the time of walking through a Cazador nest up by Jacob's Town
Still prefer to walk (sometimes) though.

Slowly, but surely, a black leather jacket has formed around my body, and my shorts have been replaced with track pants. Instead of holding a mouse, I am now holding a bottle of vodka. I think the transition is almost over.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
ShadowRanger787

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer walking or fast traveling?   Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:37 am

I guess it really depends on my mood, but usually I fast travel if I'm after a certain objective. However, I do get those times where I just want to walk and enjoy the wasteland (while it's not trying to kill me).

Eat fire you lousy plants!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zollom

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer walking or fast traveling?   Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:54 am

Walking... and Mobile Truck Base so I feel I'm not cheating TongueTril
Back to top Go down
View user profile
YohanC

Location : Capital Wasteland,Vault 108: Currently looking for a---"GARY!?!"

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer walking or fast traveling?   Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:18 am

Walking. But unlike a lot of the hardcore play-throughers, I f*** up a lot, so fast traveling becomes something that I reluctantly end up doing. Because, to be honest, that insignificant ( but now significant) item that's back in my house isn't worth a walk across the wasteland.

-Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jaffa_5

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer walking or fast traveling?   Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:02 am

Depends on my mood. most of the time i'll happily walk every where but there are those times where you need to go to the far side of the map and the thought of walking is a bit unappealing and when i'm testing mods is when i will ususally fast travel.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
kdavis1937

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer walking or fast traveling?   Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:08 am

I usually walk around all the time on my serious playthroughs. Im an immersive junkie so walking gives me that experience I look for. That being said ive fast traveled here and there for BS fetch quests haha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CptWalker

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer walking or fast traveling?   Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:16 am

[ltr]Where as, but more often use rapid movement.[/ltr]

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer walking or fast traveling?   Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:32 am

For me it really depends, usually i prefer to Walk as it is much more immersive and realistic for me. But if it is a really far location and i am feeling lazy, i will just fast travel. If i plan on not fast traveling during a playthrough, i usually get a mod that helps make up for it, like mobile truck base which i really enjoy.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
gav07Gaming

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer walking or fast traveling?   Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:40 pm

Fast travel if im messing around. Now if it's an actual playthrough i just walk and sprint
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdlhAFs0OMZmByUo_TV735w
DocMitchell

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer walking or fast traveling?   Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:47 pm

Normally, I tend to fast travel. I don't so much do play-throughs as just play individual quests, so there's no real need to spend half an hour walking TongueTril
That said, if I'm using a mod which increases random spawns across the Wastes, I'll walk just to see what I run into.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
stalkzoid

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer walking or fast traveling?   Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:48 am

I prefer tho walk , or at least have a reason to fast travel , like the mobile truck base.. seems mor realistic than just teleporting there..

Punk is musical freedom. It's saying, doing and playing what you want. In Webster's terms, 'nirvana' means freedom from pain, suffering and the external world, and that's pretty close to my definition of Punk Rock.

Kurt Cobain
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zurab347

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer walking or fast traveling?   Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:33 am

I like to do a little of both. Seems this game will crash no matter what so. The only reason I fast travel more than I walk is because the wasteland is overly dead. I think people forget how much time passed after the bombs dropped. Shanty towns here in there would be great.

dasjelly

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer walking or fast traveling?   Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:00 pm

I prefer walking but laziness makes me FT TongueTril
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rayrayzr

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer walking or fast traveling?   Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:33 pm

I like to use "The Mobile Truck Base" mod....it feels like a fairly immersive compromise. It limits the number of "destinations" and also provides access to storage and crafting. I have also used XRE cars with Mattel's Goliath add-on...I love the Jeep and Hummer models. I do love the randomness and emergent situations that can happen while traveling the wastes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cordelionreaver

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer walking or fast traveling?   Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:45 am

Fast travel, because walking everywhere gets tedious real quick.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DanLloyd

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer walking or fast traveling?   Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:23 am

I usually just walk until I get bored and then end up fast travelling everywhere (I get lazy).
A lot of the time though walking can be fun but sometimes the wasteland can be too quiet to make it enjoyable, either that or a huge distance between you and your destination can make you think "bugger that"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CatMan

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer walking or fast traveling?   Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:35 am

Fast travel, but on hardcore mode I like to walk to see what the wasteland has to offer. I haven't played the game in a while so I like to walk around and explore old locations while getting ganked by Cazaclaws.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coyoteyeah

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer walking or fast traveling?   Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:11 pm

I always walk. My first beth game was morrowind, so i am kinda used to walking. The only kind of fast traveling i use are when the game offers boats, carriage etc.

AriZona_RanGer

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer walking or fast traveling?   Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:37 pm

I prefer to fast travel because it take to long for me to walk over the whole map.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer walking or fast traveling?   Today at 12:15 am

Back to top Go down

Do you prefer walking or fast traveling?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5