Gaming Underground Network

Come for the Mods, Stay for the Community!

HomeCalendarFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Info Panel

Profile Image Guidelines
December 2016
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

Do you prefer walking or fast traveling?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Admiral Slyther

Character sheet
Name: Slytheron
Faction: STAG / ADF
Level: ???

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer walking or fast traveling?   Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:31 pm

I use both. Depending on my mood to travel. In mod cases, I use vehicular transportation like J3X's motorcycle mod. In some cases, I would prefer flying over the mojave in my VTOL or jetpack for quick and tactical insertion.

When Putin catches you memeing in Russia...:

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://s13.zifboards.com/DarkNetSK
fey023

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer walking or fast traveling?   Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:33 pm

Walking is a little...problematic in New Vegas, given how "narrow" and directed the road from Goodsprings to New Vegas is, and the infuriating invisible walls on mole hills. So i tend not to retrace those steps too much. Thankfully, the invisible wall remover mod makes traversing the Mojave much more tolerable.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admiral Slyther

Character sheet
Name: Slytheron
Faction: STAG / ADF
Level: ???

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer walking or fast traveling?   Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:37 pm

@fey023 wrote:
Walking is a little...problematic in New Vegas, given how "narrow" and directed the road from Goodsprings to New Vegas is, and the infuriating invisible walls on mole hills. So i tend not to retrace those steps too much. Thankfully, the invisible wall remover mod makes traversing the Mojave much more tolerable.

Yeah, the collision barriers are annoying. I guess I better grab that mod then.

When Putin catches you memeing in Russia...:

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://s13.zifboards.com/DarkNetSK
mbuster89

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer walking or fast traveling?   Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:40 pm

I prefer walking. Using a vehicle (mod) is entertaining, and fast traveling can be convenient for quests, but walking really brings out the encounters. I personally love walking along, then some legion assassins start shooting at you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaunty14

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer walking or fast traveling?   Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:56 pm

Fast travel means more chance of a ctd while on the loading screen every so often so i'd say walking purely on that basis.

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer walking or fast traveling?   Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:34 pm

I walk most of the time because its fun to discover areas

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer walking or fast traveling?   Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:00 pm

If I had a better PC, I'd be walking. It would be boring for me as I cant install heavy mods that make the desert look nice.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alixen

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer walking or fast traveling?   Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:18 pm

Walking, as I like to try and roleplay each character I play. It also makes the game much longer to physically walk, not run, most places. Gives things a little more sense of scale.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ArgusMercenary

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer walking or fast traveling?   Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:47 pm

Walking, I like to shoot the enemies a lot. If I use fast travel its either because I died and forgot to save or use it in a way that it is more immersive such as using one of the Enclave Commander mods to move around through vertibird.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nivea

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer walking or fast traveling?   Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:58 pm

I try to walk/run everywhere, I tend to RP alot and I also have companions which really makes walking much more rewarding then just fast traveling. I hate to miss out on their comments and content lol.

That said if I was just at a town and walked alittle ways out for a quest, then I do sometimes fast travel back. Otherwise its just when mod testing that I dont walk.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/users/55918/?
prophet275

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer walking or fast traveling?   Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:12 pm

Personally I go between the 2 and fast travelling, Walking I usually save for cities or settlements, out in the wastes I tend to run about, and if I'm doing a quest then I fast travel

gman56

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer walking or fast traveling?   Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:21 pm

I walk when I have my exploring spirit and fast travel when I really don't want to take so long getting to a destination on the other side of the map.

Last edited by gman56 on Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OverTheTop123

Character sheet
Name: Agent Ming
Faction: Chinese Remnants/The Shi
Level: 23

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer walking or fast traveling?   Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:27 pm

Fast traveling for missions, and normally walking for general travel. It'd be good to have a transitional vehicle, which is why XRE's cars is such a great idea.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jwarner007

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer walking or fast traveling?   Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:49 pm

I kinda prefer walking, just so I can feel like Mad Max wandering the wastes. However, if I'm on a mission, I'll fast travel. It would be really cool if there were more (varied) random encounters while walking.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tesvixen

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer walking or fast traveling?   Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:02 pm

I prefer to walk. I like the random encounters and stuff.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.nunyabusiness.com
famaine

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer walking or fast traveling?   Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:22 pm

i honestly love the fact that we can fast travel but then again i try to play as much realism as possible thats why i try not too, but fast traveling is sometimes a life saver lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
altoangelo

Character sheet
Name: DarkAltoAngelo
Faction: -classified-
Level: -classified-

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer walking or fast traveling?   Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:03 am

fast travel in my book if i need to get to that certain place fast,or i prefer to walk then thats if iam looking for encounters or if i like to explore Smile

Phill&Al

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer walking or fast traveling?   Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:22 pm

Well, it's mostly situational. If, for example, i'm doing a hardcore type run through i don't use fast travel, but if a location is too tedious to get to by walking alone, yeah, i fast travel.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VoodooClaus

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer walking or fast traveling?   Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:42 am

It all depends on the mood and desire to travel ... Because I opened all the locations and walked the length and breadth of the card to me does not make sense to walk. Mad Max Muscle Car

Back to top Go down
View user profile https://vk.com/voodooclaus
Blackrose

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer walking or fast traveling?   Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:13 am

I would always fast travel but my current play through I'm using fast travel only a few times, I'm finding it fun and more adventurous.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer walking or fast traveling?   Today at 7:11 pm

Back to top Go down

Do you prefer walking or fast traveling?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next