Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
Overhaul ghoul boomers gauss boom Mask Superpele Ryse NPCs riot dead vault mandalorian money hunk marvel khan body daryl Call Reforged power commonwealth Gear machine wolfenstein
Latest topics
» A long overdue introduction
What's the engine you prefer for the next Fallout? Emptyby Athallah Akbar Yesterday at 6:46 pm

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
What's the engine you prefer for the next Fallout? Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
What's the engine you prefer for the next Fallout? Emptyby Apoc Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:06 am

» armor slot changing in creation kit
What's the engine you prefer for the next Fallout? Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:22 pm

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
What's the engine you prefer for the next Fallout? Emptyby gavin gold Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
What's the engine you prefer for the next Fallout? Emptyby HardComma Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:42 am

» Hello from nexus
What's the engine you prefer for the next Fallout? Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
What's the engine you prefer for the next Fallout? Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:06 pm

» The Next fallout
What's the engine you prefer for the next Fallout? Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
What's the engine you prefer for the next Fallout? Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
What's the engine you prefer for the next Fallout? Emptyby CosmoMods Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:52 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
What's the engine you prefer for the next Fallout? Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 6:11 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
What's the engine you prefer for the next Fallout? Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
What's the engine you prefer for the next Fallout? Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
What's the engine you prefer for the next Fallout? Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
What's the engine you prefer for the next Fallout? Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:33 pm

» schorched enclave officer
What's the engine you prefer for the next Fallout? Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:13 pm

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
What's the engine you prefer for the next Fallout? Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:29 am

» Late Introduction
What's the engine you prefer for the next Fallout? Emptyby Battleclad Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:29 am

» Greetings!
What's the engine you prefer for the next Fallout? Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:01 pm

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

What's the engine you prefer for the next Fallout?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dead Sirious

Dead Sirious

What's the engine you prefer for the next Fallout? Empty
PostSubject: What's the engine you prefer for the next Fallout?   What's the engine you prefer for the next Fallout? EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 3:35 am

To be honest I haven't tried out much games, I only got like 11 on Steam so I cannot give a decent answer. What about you guys? If you had to choose the game engine for the next Fallout, what would it be? bounce 
Back to top Go down
Cush

Cush

PostSubject: Re: What's the engine you prefer for the next Fallout?   What's the engine you prefer for the next Fallout? EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 3:41 am

Although I don't know the specifics of it enough to know if it would work whilst keeping all of Fallout's RPG elements.
It has to definitely be CryEngine, purely for the visuals. After seeing the screenshot from when someone put halo 3 into CryEngine I've forever been amazed that more developers don't use it. Simply stunning.
Back to top Go down
Dead Sirious

Dead Sirious

PostSubject: Re: What's the engine you prefer for the next Fallout?   What's the engine you prefer for the next Fallout? EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 3:51 am

Cush wrote:
Although I don't know the specifics of it enough to know if it would work whilst keeping all of Fallout's RPG elements.
It has to definitely be CryEngine, purely for the visuals. After seeing the screenshot from when someone put halo 3 into CryEngine I've forever been amazed that more developers don't use it. Simply stunning.

Just googled halo in cryengine, pretty sexy. If one guy can port Halo vehicles and maps in cryengine, can't people form a team and do the same with Fallout? Do I siriously have to start this? Always me always me. I'm willing to invest money in this, i'm dead serious right now. lmao

Somebody placed Goodsprings Saloon in there! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKLvi6jdik4

Last edited by Dead Sirious on Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:54 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Goodsprings Saloon cryengine link)
Back to top Go down
Cush

Cush

PostSubject: Re: What's the engine you prefer for the next Fallout?   What's the engine you prefer for the next Fallout? EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 3:56 am

Haha too rights, always had the view that some mods are worth paying for, this would definitely be one of them.
They say you can't polish a turd, but by the looks of things, you can in CryEngine.
Back to top Go down
Dead Sirious

Dead Sirious

PostSubject: Re: What's the engine you prefer for the next Fallout?   What's the engine you prefer for the next Fallout? EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 4:17 am

Cush wrote:
Haha too rights, always had the view that some mods are worth paying for, this would definitely be one of them.
They say you can't polish a turd, but by the looks of things, you can in CryEngine.

I want to see other engines people have in mind first before I start contacting people, if I see something better, I can study it and make my move better. Problem is that not all modders mod for money so this might not even go down. Most likely it won't, but it's worth a shot.

Actually nah changed my mind too much time too much work. This one ain't worth it brah.

Last edited by Dead Sirious on Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:28 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Change of plans.)
Back to top Go down
DylanF1

DylanF1

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: What's the engine you prefer for the next Fallout?   What's the engine you prefer for the next Fallout? EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 5:41 am

I would like to see it possibly run on Epic Games' Unreal Engine 3 or something similar. I think it would look somewhat cool. I have always liked the engine that Borderlands ran on.
Back to top Go down
Livnthedream

PostSubject: Re: What's the engine you prefer for the next Fallout?   What's the engine you prefer for the next Fallout? EmptySun Jun 08, 2014 12:01 am

Partially related: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4DUJmTPu3g
Back to top Go down
zehflea

zehflea

PostSubject: Re: What's the engine you prefer for the next Fallout?   What's the engine you prefer for the next Fallout? EmptySun Jun 08, 2014 12:45 am

DylanF1 wrote:
I would like to see it possibly run on Epic Games' Unreal Engine 3 or something similar. I think it would look somewhat cool. I have always liked the engine that Borderlands ran on.

Unreal engine would look nice. As mentioned above, so would the engine that Crysis runs on. Either one would look really good with Fallout's atmosphere. I would like to see the battlefield destructible environments thing on fallout. I think it's called frostbite but I don't know the current version. Imagine having destroyable cover. A cover system would be cool too, like leaning.
Back to top Go down
dazzerfong

dazzerfong

PostSubject: Re: What's the engine you prefer for the next Fallout?   What's the engine you prefer for the next Fallout? EmptySun Jun 08, 2014 4:58 am

If they're using CryEngine 3 for the next FO, current modders will be stuffed. It's notoriously hard to use their SDK's, even when compared to Unreal. Most outsiders only take into account how 'good' a game will look in a certain engine: a lot of other stuff are much more important when choosing which engine to use.

As much as I hate to say it, the port of Goodsprings Saloon doesn't really do justice to CryEngine 3. This does: What's the engine you prefer for the next Fallout? 001

Say what you will about Gamebryo, at least its tools are reliable (to an extent). All they have to do is patch up the shader language (even throw in a nodal system ala Unreal for materials), and we'll be fine.

Apoqsi

PostSubject: Re: What's the engine you prefer for the next Fallout?   What's the engine you prefer for the next Fallout? EmptySun Jun 08, 2014 6:38 am

Dead Sirious wrote:
To be honest I haven't tried out much games, I only got like 11 on Steam so I cannot give a decent answer. What about you guys? If you had to choose the game engine for the next Fallout, what would it be? bounce 
I would say Unreal Engine 4 (never going to happen) but it would look amazing especially if they put in the work for high resolution textures and high poly models!

Edit: Although I would like to see a engine that is both best for graphics, mechanics and best for modders!

Last edited by Apoqsi on Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Apoqsi
Dr. Gonzo

Dr. Gonzo

PostSubject: Re: What's the engine you prefer for the next Fallout?   What's the engine you prefer for the next Fallout? EmptySun Jun 08, 2014 6:44 am

I'll have to agree with a lot of of people that either Cryengine or Unreal would just make Fallout 4 beautiful...even when they released Skyrim...I was just flawed by the detail and was hoping beyond hope that they could do the next Fallout with Skyrim's Creation engine years later it's just going to be so much better looking than Skyrim with next gen...I cannot wait!!!

Smile 

Film Noir Discussion Thread
Back to top Go down
temporarywhatwhat

temporarywhatwhat

PostSubject: Re: What's the engine you prefer for the next Fallout?   What's the engine you prefer for the next Fallout? EmptySun Jun 08, 2014 9:25 am

@dazzerfong, holy guacamole, that screenshot is amazing. Honestly, I'm not too familiar with that engine playwise, but it looks good. I wanna be friends with it.
Back to top Go down
zehflea

zehflea

PostSubject: Re: What's the engine you prefer for the next Fallout?   What's the engine you prefer for the next Fallout? EmptySun Jun 08, 2014 1:27 pm

Now that screenshot is what I hope the next Fallout could be. I can only imagine stepping out of a vault like in Fallout 3 and looking around with those awesome graphics.
Back to top Go down
Apoqsi

Apoqsi

PostSubject: Re: What's the engine you prefer for the next Fallout?   What's the engine you prefer for the next Fallout? EmptySun Jun 08, 2014 1:31 pm

zehflea wrote:
Now that screenshot is what I hope the next Fallout could be.  I can only imagine stepping out of a vault like in Fallout 3 and looking around with those awesome graphics.
I'd give five years of my life for it xD
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Apoqsi
zehflea

zehflea

PostSubject: Re: What's the engine you prefer for the next Fallout?   What's the engine you prefer for the next Fallout? EmptySun Jun 08, 2014 3:36 pm

Apoqsi wrote:
zehflea wrote:
Now that screenshot is what I hope the next Fallout could be.  I can only imagine stepping out of a vault like in Fallout 3 and looking around with those awesome graphics.
I'd give five years of my life for it xD

Yeah five years and my 60 bucks hahaha. Would be worth it for sure, can't wait now to see what they might do.
Back to top Go down
Xilandro

Xilandro

PostSubject: Re: What's the engine you prefer for the next Fallout?   What's the engine you prefer for the next Fallout? EmptySun Jun 08, 2014 5:03 pm

Updated Creation Engine\Beth's modded Gamebryo. It's the only engine with easy, plug-and-play, mod system. I'm pretty sure they can make their modding system on any engine, but it may take a lot more time. It's a lot easier for Beth just update their current engine, fix it's bugs, redo graphics and they're good to go.
And, probably, we will have some kind of open interiors + dynamic lighting and sound inside. No more loading after using doors. XB1 and PS4 have enough resources to handle such thing. And PC F4 owners will get the best possible modding tech and tools. A lot better than Skyrim's creation kit.
And I hope they will make F4 console version compatible with PC mods.

https://www.youtube.com/user/wtf81293
VeritasSaint19

VeritasSaint19

PostSubject: Re: What's the engine you prefer for the next Fallout?   What's the engine you prefer for the next Fallout? EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 8:00 pm

I have no idea about game engines at all other then the obvious ones such as Unreal, Frostbite, and etc. With the announcement of the next Doom series I wonder what that will look like. I know for sure I would love to see as Xilandro has pointed out dynamic lighting, no loading after opening doors, and open interiors.

During my latest playthough in New Vegas I couldn't help but wonder how the Powder Gangers prison would look now on current gen. I expect it to be like an actual prison. Maybe the similar to the scale of the prison on the walking dead but I'm not too sure how that will be done at all. Depending on the next entry in the series I expect the next Fallout to be bigger then Fallout 3 and New Vegas. Maybe bigger then Skyrim? That I'm not sure but I can't wait to see what talent mod authors do when it comes out!

XRhino

PostSubject: Re: What's the engine you prefer for the next Fallout?   What's the engine you prefer for the next Fallout? EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 8:01 pm

I prefer either xbox one but i would really like it if it came out for pc first so we could play it and MOD it Very Happy

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's the engine you prefer for the next Fallout?   What's the engine you prefer for the next Fallout? Empty

Back to top Go down

What's the engine you prefer for the next Fallout?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1