Gaming Underground Network

Come for the Mods, Stay for the Community!

HomeCalendarFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Info Panel

Profile Image Guidelines
December 2016
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

What faction do you prefer on New Vegas?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Siahisc00l

PostSubject: What faction do you prefer on New Vegas?   Wed May 18, 2016 1:13 am

Out of the factions there are: Caesar's Legion, the NCR, BoS, etc. I would like to know which one is the best/most appealing to you?

Character sheet
Name: Tristan
Faction: Gunetwork
Level: 20

PostSubject: Re: What faction do you prefer on New Vegas?   Wed May 18, 2016 2:19 am

my favourite one would be the NCR and the BOS even though i've accidentally destroyed there bunker twice now

Mod it till it crashes then keep on modding---Fallout for me: Machine Gunner  Sniper
FAQMember ListRulesPromotionsPSA-Posting LInks  Also Thank you to Athanasius for making my wonderful signature picture.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ansaartgb.wixsite.com/beyond-vanilla
karolbr95

Character sheet
Name: Bronx
Faction: NCR
Level: 77

PostSubject: Re: What faction do you prefer on New Vegas?   Wed May 18, 2016 6:11 am

I usually like to play FNV I always support the NCR. I think that as the only faction in the wilderness represents a decent moral values and can provide justice and peace in the area of the Mojave wasteland.

PostSubject: Re: What faction do you prefer on New Vegas?   Wed May 18, 2016 2:59 pm

Followers of the Apocolypse for me. The only faction my characters don't have issues supporting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Abazor

PostSubject: Re: What faction do you prefer on New Vegas?   Wed May 18, 2016 3:54 pm

NCR and BoS is what I choose 90% of the time
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anchev

Character sheet
Name: Sarevok
Faction: Enclave
Level: 66

PostSubject: Re: What faction do you prefer on New Vegas?   Wed May 18, 2016 7:44 pm

I try to get to the good side of everyone, if shits start to happen, I just use it to my advantage, if it would be possible, I probably would want to lead a faction.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sopmod12

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: What faction do you prefer on New Vegas?   Wed May 18, 2016 9:46 pm

NCR, Caesar Legion is just ISIS that wears Roman Armor
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ansaar

Character sheet
Name: Xᴇɴᴏxɪᴏᴜs
Faction: ᴜɴᴋɴᴏᴡɴ
Level: ɴᴜʟʟ

PostSubject: Re: What faction do you prefer on New Vegas?   Thu May 19, 2016 5:19 am

I've choosen no faction my character is more like a mercenary/gun for hire
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC07ONPMMuQnXbMVYwy_Z34w
farlas816

PostSubject: Re: What faction do you prefer on New Vegas?   Thu May 19, 2016 9:08 am

I go with the NCR despite its many problems, because they're the best hope I can see for rebuilding and helping as many people as possible. I believe also even in some of the endings the imperialists in the NCR lose a lot of public support.

PostSubject: Re: What faction do you prefer on New Vegas?   Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:01 am

NCR for me. Why? Because 'Murica. Just kidding. But really, for me the NCR gives off that patriotic vibe and stuff. Makes you want to actually do good for the wasteland and the people, liberating them from all those who would dare take advantage of their situation. Very Happy

Last edited by loki090 on Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alexr292

PostSubject: Re: What faction do you prefer on New Vegas?   Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:13 am

Anything other than the Legion for me. I just can't do it. Just can't play an evil character.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
FafnirEtherion

Character sheet
Name: Julien
Faction: New California Republic
Level: 23

PostSubject: Re: What faction do you prefer on New Vegas?   Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:26 am

First of all, I usually play as a NCR Member, even though I think that their bureaucratie will destroy them from their insides...

Mr. House's ideals are not bad per say... I just don't like that he wants to kick the NCR out of Vegas...

However, I just hate the Legions, the Khans, the Toxs and all these " factions " that are basically glorified raiders who play dress-up -_-

The Brotherhood is a complex one for me... While I liked them in Fallout 3, it's far from what they truly are ( FO4 and New Vegas )... I like to be ally with them for the sake of Fallout 3's nostalgia but... Let's face it : They are just a bunch of Xenophobic technophiles... In FO4, they almost are Nazis for God's Sake !
FO4 Spoiler:

My mods :

Fallout New Vegas:

Skyrim:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Neighbor

PostSubject: Re: What faction do you prefer on New Vegas?   Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:27 pm

NCR has always been my long-standing favorite. Plenty of rich lore surrounding them from the first two Fallouts, and they just seem like the most sensible of the bunch. Of course that's not to say they're not without any flaws.

House is a close second though. The man is just too charismatic!

PostSubject: Re: What faction do you prefer on New Vegas?   Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:32 pm

NCR is the one I'm most interested in. Caesar's legion would've been more interesting if they were handled better. Now, they're just sexist raiders who are only good for an evil play through, but they were supposed to be more sympathetic in the original version. Brotherhood is too weak in the mojave. Usually though, I just play both sides and weaken them until I wipe out the legion and then betray NCR for the Wildcard ending.

PostSubject: Re: What faction do you prefer on New Vegas?   Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:43 pm

I mainly gravitate towards an independent Vegas but I think that NV did a really good job in making all of the factions pretty attractive. It's a shame that Obsidian didn't get enough time to work on the game because if they had more than a year than the Legion would've been much more flushed out. As it is, you can talk to Cass and she'll tell you that Legion roads are the safest for Caravans because of how there are no raiders due to the Legions toughness. But as the game shipped, they're just a bunch of evil people. The NCR is also too bloated and is overstretching it's boundaries too much. If they keep going the way they are then they'll ultimately be destroyed. Reflecting the same type of government and society that lead to Nuclear War isn't a great idea either.

PostSubject: Re: What faction do you prefer on New Vegas?   Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:43 pm

I mainly gravitate towards an independent Vegas but I think that NV did a really good job in making all of the factions pretty attractive. It's a shame that Obsidian didn't get enough time to work on the game because if they had more than a year than the Legion would've been much more flushed out. As it is, you can talk to Cass and she'll tell you that Legion roads are the safest for Caravans because of how there are no raiders due to the Legions toughness. But as the game shipped, they're just a bunch of evil people. The NCR is also too bloated and is overstretching it's boundaries too much. If they keep going the way they are then they'll ultimately be destroyed. Reflecting the same type of government and society that lead to Nuclear War isn't a great idea either.

Last edited by thegreataimbottio on Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zach016

PostSubject: Re: What faction do you prefer on New Vegas?   Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:49 pm

100% the NCR, although the Legion could have been much more interesting if they had been fully fleshed out. Going to their encampment for the first time was pretty disappointing.

PostSubject: Re: What faction do you prefer on New Vegas?   Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:50 pm

House, absolutely.

First of all, there is no other faction that has been able to bring back not only Pre-War culture, but Pre-War quality of life back into the world in just a few years.

There is no safer place in the entire wasteland than House's Strip, and neither is there a more technologically developed place.

Not to mention that the man himself is a genius from the Pre-War times, who single-handedly saved Vegas from nuclear annihilation.

As for the other factions, an NCR victory would weaken both NCR and Vegas - they're already incapable of defending their own territory, and Vegas would not continue it's prosperity without House's technological superiority. Legion would just turn it into a slave hub. The Wild Card ending is basically House, except without House.

A little local autocracy is in order since no one else can do House's job, and if anyone wants to choose the tribal or NCR way of life, they can simply go to territories outside Vegas.

The only thing I hate about the House ending is that you must destroy the Brotherhood chapter, with all the other truces that are possible in the game, it's hard to understand why House and the Brotherhood couldn't work together. They aren't that different when compared with other factions.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
jesusp

PostSubject: Re: What faction do you prefer on New Vegas?   Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:40 pm

I would also go for the ncr because they want to protect New Vegas unlike Caesar legion they just take people and make them slaves.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheThompsonBoss

PostSubject: Re: What faction do you prefer on New Vegas?   Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:54 pm

Probably NCR and the BoS. I know everyone says the NCR is corrupt and...yes they are a bit, but they're still much better than Caesar's Legion. As for the BoS...I loved them in NV! They were my first exposure to the group (I played NV before FO3) and they always felt like a community. They cared about each other.

PostSubject: Re: What faction do you prefer on New Vegas?   Today at 3:41 am

Back to top Go down

What faction do you prefer on New Vegas?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next