Gaming Underground Network

Come for the Mods, Stay for the Community!

HomeCalendarFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Info Panel

Profile Image Guidelines
December 2016
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

Do you prefer walking or fast traveling?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Juzkin590

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer walking or fast traveling?   Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:08 pm

I always try to walk to discover all the time, plus with all the mods i see somethign new everytime lol. I only teleport if i went the route on the way to my destination ori want to just get her done

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer walking or fast traveling?   Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:37 am

On my first play through I usually walk to learn the area and to discover new places and things. After that, fast travel it is.

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer walking or fast traveling?   Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:41 am

As with most I walk for exploration, but if I'm travelling between New Vegas and Novac, I'm going to fast travel.

Spoiler:

My Achievements:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kira Yoshikage

Character sheet
Name: Regina "H8-84"
Faction: Institute, Forward Operating Unit
Level: 73

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer walking or fast traveling?   Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:44 am

Fast Travel when im annoyed, Sometimes i just wanna get a quest done lol.

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer walking or fast traveling?   Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:38 am

Walking 90% of the time, fast travel for getting to ridiculously far areas or if something bugs out and i have to repeat a quest.

Allnarta

Character sheet
Name: Shadd
Faction: Wastelander
Level: 49

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer walking or fast traveling?   Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:34 pm

It depends on situation and mood. When I want another quest complete to my char statistics - I go fast travel. If I know that there's something undiscovered on my way, or just want to shoot some monsters - I walk.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://allnarta.blogspot.com
fsufan23

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer walking or fast traveling?   Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:56 pm

It's depends on How far it is where ever I'm traveling to but im mostly walking though

dtobviousmcduh

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer walking or fast traveling?   Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:24 pm

walking, literaly walking, unless i have to go to a place where i've travelled before and cleared the road, so it is "safe" for me to fast travel. But mostly i walk, run if i'm in a quest where i must hurry, or if i'm avoiding fighting critters that get mad when you shoot them

My Achievements:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
snowglobecollector

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer walking or fast traveling?   Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:55 pm

It depends on the situation.Usually I try to collect all quests in the area and later when I have very much open quests to do I walk.Like I want to go from the Mojave outpost to New Vegas I do the quests where I have to talk someone in Primm,kill someone on the way to Goodsprings,talk to someone in Goodsprings and then talk to someone in Sloan,I walked the whole road,did some quest stages and was not bored.But if I have to go somewhere where there is nothing to do or explore/trade with someone on the way there,I usually fast travel.I thought about installing XRE cars to make it more interesting to "walk" to boring locations but at the end I was sure that I just would loose my car and never find the place again where I parked it Smile .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zeephillayy

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer walking or fast traveling?   Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:12 pm

That really depends. I have a mod that allows me to fast travel anywhere on the map, regardless of whether there's a map marker there or not, so I usually use that. Sometimes you get waylaid by foes and others you don't, but it's really useful.

But I'm thinking of doing a no-fast-travel run and only use in-game or modded methods.

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer walking or fast traveling?   Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:47 pm

Prefer walking, so i can explore things and find out all locations, find some secret buildings that some mods add and i don't even have a clue they are there. But for some quest i will use fast traveling cuz it's just pointless to spend 3 hours walking for some side quest (i think the one with NCR where u need to deliver some codes to 5 different stations, it will took forever without fast travel)

MMORPG, FPS, RPG, RTS Geek
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/gedoracroable
OhSoulless

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer walking or fast traveling?   Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:27 pm

If it's a fresh playthrough then I just wander around to discover random locations so it'll be useful for me later in the game.

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer walking or fast traveling?   Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:04 pm

I'd prefer to have a really well-made vehicle mod.

The subway mod for Fallout 3 is just stellar. If only XRE cars handled a bit better, they tend to bounce around even with the smooth roads mod, sadly.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Reddeq

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer walking or fast traveling?   Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:26 pm

Walking. It's good for legs. Also I like travel mods - like FWE Motorcycle, Corvega for NV and others.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShockCE

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer walking or fast traveling?   Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:57 pm

@Julum wrote:
I personally prefer fast traveling, as I find it tiresome to walk to places. I also usually go on the console and type in "tmm 1" as I hate having to discover a place before being able to fast travel there. How about you?

Depends on the Distance, Cross-Map im Fast-Traveling, if its wthin reason, I will walk it. I prefer immersion

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer walking or fast traveling?   Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:01 am

For a serious playthrough, I'm going to walk. It's more about the journey, not the destination, right?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BlackTemplar

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer walking or fast traveling?   Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:19 am

Walking. I enjoy the random events and scenery that the game provides me. There's always more to see and explore with each play through. It's about good immersion for me.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
200YearsOfFancyLadSnacks

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer walking or fast traveling?   Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:22 am

I prefer using FWE's alternate travel or XRE. They are a big buggy but the immersion of riding through the waste up on to a hill to pull your rifle off your bike and pop a few heads is a great time! Sniper
Back to top Go down
View user profile
200YearsOfFancyLadSnacks

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer walking or fast traveling?   Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:28 am

I prefer using FWE's alternate travel or XRE. They are a big buggy but the immersion of riding through the waste up on to a hill to pull your rifle off your bike and pop a few heads is a great time! Sniper
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KevinHayden

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer walking or fast traveling?   Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:26 am

I think fast travel makes you miss a lot of side stuff and I usually walk anywhere i go. I made the mistake in Skyrim of fast traveling a lot and i kind of regretted it due to the fact i missed A LOT of stuff.

But i mean, if it takes you an hour or two to get to your destination, then i would fast travel no doubt.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer walking or fast traveling?   Today at 7:00 pm

Back to top Go down

Do you prefer walking or fast traveling?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next