Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
Reforged commonwealth Call marvel vault body khan daryl mandalorian Gear money riot wolfenstein hunk boomers Mask Superpele power boom dead NPCs ghoul machine Ryse gauss Overhaul
Latest topics
» A long overdue introduction
Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 2 Emptyby Athallah Akbar Yesterday at 4:46 pm

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 2 Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 2 Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 2 Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:22 pm

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 2 Emptyby gavin gold Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 2 Emptyby HardComma Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:42 am

» Hello from nexus
Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 2 Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:06 pm

» The Next fallout
Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 2 Emptyby CosmoMods Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:52 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 2 Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:11 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 2 Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 2 Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 2 Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 2 Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 2 Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 2 Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:29 am

» Late Introduction
Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 2 Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:29 pm

» Greetings!
Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 2 Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:01 pm

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Let's talk about Fallout 5....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Colebowlin68

Colebowlin68

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about Fallout 5....   Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 20, 2017 5:14 pm

If Bethesda is going to keep following the same formula they did with Skyrim and Fallout 4 (which I know they will) then I have zero interest in Fallout '5'. I'm not going to beat a dead horse and say how Fallout 4 fails to be an RPG, but I honestly don't think Bethesda is competent enough to make an actual RPG in general. The Elder Scrolls, for example, is less about the story and more about the experience; the fun of adventures. It's why in Skyrim there's hundreds of different quests and dungeons. Skyrim has as much content as it can carry on its back and stuff into you and because of that the quality suffers as a whole. Basically quantity over quality.

This formula works fine for The Elder Scrolls, but Fallout isn't about the adventuring and dungeon crawling in the same way. While Fallout still has plenty of adventuring and dungeons, it cared about why you were on this quest or how you interact with people involved. Now, because of Skyrim's massive success Bethesda thinks it's okay to apply that formula into Fallout, despite the fact Fallout lives up to a different standard than The Elder Scrolls. And what you get left with, along with some lack of imagination and originality sprinkled on, is Fallout 4.

If Bethesda actually cared or were competent enough like Obsidian they could still do both and get the best of both worlds like with New Vegas, but no. Bethesda would rather pretend like it doesn't exist and learn nothing from it because they would never admit New Vegas was a better Fallout than they could ever make. But unless Bethesda finds someone more competent than themselves to make another spinoff again or they get their act together I couldn't care less about Fallout '5'.
Back to top Go down
Wergon

Wergon

Character sheet
Name: Killian
Faction: Nocturne
Level: Hacker

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about Fallout 5....   Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 20, 2017 5:49 pm

@Colebowlin68 if Bethesda tried to be more competent, they maybe tried to do such as New Vegas
But in fact we have this

Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 2 NBgFzcg

My Achievments:
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/demise.star
Crash244

Crash244

Character sheet
Name: Barrabus The Grey
Faction: D.D.D.
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about Fallout 5....   Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 20, 2017 7:21 pm

I really do hope they actually make more than one hub/city in the next Fallout entry. I can say they probably did learn from their mistakes and will probably try to make it more like Fallout 3 although that may of not been a good game to some fellows. It is better than Fallout 4 atmosphere wise.

Kaiser Atlas

Character sheet
Name: Anthony
Faction: Highlanders
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about Fallout 5....   Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 20, 2017 7:30 pm

Yeah i'd like to see some old locations in 3d, and after some time has passed, cos that either results in expansion or recession, imagine seeing a once glorious town/city now a small village and the opposite for a village which is now a town/city sized settlement

Back to top Go down
Wergon

Wergon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about Fallout 5....   Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 20, 2017 7:42 pm

@PsychicKaiser maybe they will restore the closed many years ago the project "Van Buren" with the Burned Man

My Achievments:
Back to top Go down
Kaiser Atlas

Kaiser Atlas

Character sheet
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about Fallout 5....   Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 20, 2017 8:04 pm

I'd like that, wonder what will happen to project purity in the years to come, imagine a huge settlement based around the monument in a later game

Back to top Go down
zombaslaya360

zombaslaya360

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about Fallout 5....   Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 20, 2017 8:32 pm

I personally wasn't satisfied with Fallout 4 as a Fallout game. It was a good game, but not a good Fallout. For Fallout 5 I hope they retain the power armor system they used for FO4 as it actually made me feel like I was running around in a tank with legs. I'm kind of hopping that instead of a typical Vault dweller they take obsidian's approach and go with something more different. Like starting with one of the major factions with the option to betray or stay with them in the future. Or perhaps play as a simple survivor out in the wastes, or have the option to pick how and who you want to spawn with. I hope they also re-add the Karma system to the game as that actually affected the player in both FO3 and NV.
Back to top Go down
Colebowlin68

Colebowlin68

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about Fallout 5....   Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 20, 2017 9:05 pm

@"Sentra" Thank God we at least have The Final Pam.

Back to top Go down
Kaiser Atlas

Kaiser Atlas

Character sheet
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about Fallout 5....   Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 20, 2017 9:16 pm

@zombaslaya360 i agree with the whole good game not a good fallout, while i can't deny it was fun it didn't satisfy my need for good fallout lore, it just kinda spewed new shit out, i did like the institute at least i suppose

Back to top Go down
STRUBE2

STRUBE2

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about Fallout 5....   Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 20, 2017 9:44 pm

What I want in FO5
1. Karma system back
2. More expansive DLC
3. Actual Drivable vehicles (after finding a certain amount of scrap metal and other parts you can eventually build a go Kart or trail bike
4.War between the Enclave and Brotherhood
5. Main Character that isn't a vault dweller. (maybe an ex-sherif, deputy, or gang member)
6. HUGE Map to explore.
7. I want to see more skirmishes between factions while exploring the wastes.
I did enjoy FO4 don't get me wrong....I just feel that as a "fallout" game, it was just lacking certain aspects that made the other fallouts great.
Back to top Go down
HunterK

HunterK

Character sheet
Name: Marcus Coughlin
Faction: NCR
Level: 32

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about Fallout 5....   Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 20, 2017 9:59 pm

@"Sentra" A war between the Chicago Brotherhood and the Enclave would be fantastic, I love some of the fan fiction people have made for it. (Plus I'm from Illinois, so of course I'm partial to Chicago lol. Go Blackhawks!)

Wergon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about Fallout 5....   Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 21, 2017 10:32 am

@HunterK in Enclave didn't been in Chicago, only Brotherhood Of Steel when there is been war with Calculator/Vault 0

My Achievments:
Back to top Go down
Kaiser Atlas

Kaiser Atlas

Character sheet
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about Fallout 5....   Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 21, 2017 2:56 pm

@Sentra they could travel, how else did maxons BOS chapter get to the Commonwealth.

Back to top Go down
Wergon

Wergon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about Fallout 5....   Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 21, 2017 2:57 pm

@PsychicKaiser by "Prydwen", Maxson was from Capital Wasteland really, so after ten years he traveled to the Commonwealth

My Achievments:
Back to top Go down
Kaiser Atlas

Kaiser Atlas

Character sheet
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about Fallout 5....   Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 21, 2017 3:00 pm

@Sentra Exactly, but what I'm trying to say is given enough time, travelling, expansion etc. surely any faction could fight / cross paths

Back to top Go down
Tactical308

Tactical308

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about Fallout 5....   Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 21, 2017 6:38 pm

I definitely think the reputation system should return, as well as karma, but the karma system should be extremely revamped. You should lose karma for killing some random friendly wastelander unprovoked, but not for killing a faction member. You shouldn't gain karma everytime you kill something in self defense either, the bulk of it should be focused on dialogue choices. Speaking of, there should actually be "dialogue choices"

Kaiser Atlas

Character sheet
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about Fallout 5....   Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 21, 2017 6:41 pm

@Tactical308 Sounds good, i do like your ideas for the Karma system, some karma gain (good or bad) just wasn't needed for some things, like ''oh no i picked up a pencil'' *receives bad karma, get's brain blown out by a group of regulators*

Back to top Go down
stoobygacks

stoobygacks

Character sheet
Name: Stooby of the Gacks
Faction: New California Republic
Level: FL360

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about Fallout 5....   Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 21, 2017 6:47 pm

First of all Boston is a boring location. The city has lots of historical significance in American History, but it felt almost forced in my opinion. It felt far too close to the layout of Fallout 3; large city surrounded by vast openness. Maybe it was the fog, or the lighting, or the painfully basic dialog that bothered my so much about Fallout 4. Past FO games were both story, charterer and location driven with their own formula. Boston felt like it was picked out of a hat. Of all the locations in the United States, it was a large city on the east coast, and that had already been done in Fallout 3. FO4 felt dry and lazy when it came to story, but great for gameplay but too much settlement building or at least a large focus.
Personally I think Fallout 5 should go a step back in time. To when the radiation was high and things were really bad. Maybe around the time of Fallout 1 or 2. About 100-120 years after the bombs fell. I think that would provide a good time period for a solid post apocalyptic story. Fallout games have been progressively further away from the bombs dropping and more to civil world (more or less). So One in the fast would be an interesting addition to the franchise.

Back to top Go down
zombaslaya360

zombaslaya360

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about Fallout 5....   Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 21, 2017 7:21 pm

I hope for the next Fallout they make more makeshift/homemade weaponry. I loved using the Junk Jet and the Railway Rifle. It really adds in to the whole survival feel of the game of resorting to crafting your own weapons. Instead of always relying on standard-high issue weaponry.
Back to top Go down
Kaiser Atlas

Kaiser Atlas

Character sheet
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about Fallout 5....   Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 21, 2017 8:30 pm

@zombaslaya360 i do quite enjoy the makeshift weaponry, but if i'm being honest, the best makeshift equipment i've come across has to be the Raider power armor, i love the concept, because surely raiders would be desperate for equipment like that and surely for the vast majority of them there are around, a group of them must have good equipment... maybe that's how factions are started actually, just raiders who got better gear

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about Fallout 5....   Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Let's talk about Fallout 5....

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next