Gaming Underground Network

Come for the Mods, Stay for the Community!

HomeCalendarFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Info Panel

CalendarCalendar

Share | 

lets talk creation club

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Atriox shadow storm

PostSubject: lets talk creation club    Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:46 am

so alot of people have been complaining about it but heres the base truth.

the people complaining are mostly pc players and well to be honest the creation club i dont think was meant for you and heres why.

1. so on the nexus there are lots of great mods and lots of amazing settlement workshop mods that could easily fit into the 2.0 gb size limit how ever from experiance i have learnt that alot (not all but some) of modders are well sorry for my language here but they are ass-holes. they wont take the small 6 mins or so time it takes to upload a mod to xbox and ive seen some saying about how if u want mods get a pc but that shits expensive for people who cant afford it i mean i upgraded my pc and hell it still cant run fallout so yea there is that, and bethesda knew this so they made creation club in an attempt to get higher quality mods to consoles and hell people compare the cc versions and free but poor ps4 players cant een get the free versions.

2. the 2.0 gb limit was placed by microsoft (whats the limit for ps4 i do not know but it dont matter cause they cant get big ticket mods anyway) and its obvious it wont go up or it would have by now soo creation club acts as a way around it cause its dlc content really not indepentend mods.

and lastly the creation club we got right now is just a beta its not really the real thing because its not even on skyrim yet so yes they are just testing it most likely to make sure it works and so on give it some time to see what happens

(edit) oh and as i said about big mods maybe people who dont make mods might not know this but high quality mods take time to make even for companies like bethesda it could take a while like id love to see someone make a super high quality ass m4a1 mod with attachments and stuff overnight it wont happen
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BoomBewm

Character sheet
Name: Levski
Faction: Bulgaria
Level: 79

PostSubject: Re: lets talk creation club    Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:50 am

My opinion on CC is that:
1. Bethesda make custom shit.
2. Someone gets the mods and shares them.
Thats my opinion, no need to....well, you get me, but please, dont say the word out loud.

-Chekembe, Mokumba and Ronoa Zoro gonna pirate yo shit to the G R E A T Alik'r D E S E R T !-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
quicksilver500

PostSubject: Re: lets talk creation club    Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:13 am

Atriox shadow storm wrote:
from experiance i have learnt that alot (not all but some) of modders are well sorry for my language here but they are ass-holes. they wont take the small 6 mins or so time it takes to upload a mod to xbox

Small 6 minutes my arse. You obviously have no experience in the process that goes into making and publishing mods. Publishing a mod can sometimes take as long as making the damn thing, if you want the page to be half decent and not have every bean head that downloads your mod to ask the same damn question in the comments section. Disregarding the fact that you have to produce two sets of descriptions, mod images, etc. there's the support, two mod releases means twice the support needed, twice the inane questions to answer, twice the upload and update times. Not to mention the fact that most mod authors don't have a spare Xbox lying around to bug test their mod on. So fuck right off with your '6 minutes', it takes a hell of lot more time and effort than that. If you want to encourage mod authors to port their mods to that hollow shell of a modding platform, I would suggest that you stop being an immature, entitled little shit like the rest of the console userbase.

and ive seen some saying about how if u want mods get a pc but that shits expensive for people who cant afford it i mean i upgraded my pc and hell it still cant run fallout so yea there is that

That is completely meaningless information, what you said there was:

"I put 64GB of RAM that the guy in PCWorld gave me in my 10 year old pc and it STILL can't play Fallout 4 at 4k 60fps, gosh darn it PC's are sooo expensive"

All in all, you seem to have missed the point as to why people are pissed at the CC entirely. They are pissed at it because it was aimed at console players that can't download the exact same content for free. That is literally why people are pissed off. Because the CC was supposed to be more than just paid mods. They marketed the goddamn thing on being not paid mods and then it turned out to be paid goddamn mods, that's why people are pissed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SentinelHunter

Character sheet
Name: CT-5094
Faction: Galactic Republic
Level: 50

PostSubject: Re: lets talk creation club    Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:27 am

@quicksilver500 Exactly, I was actually kinda excited when I heard it was gonna be custom DLC content. Then when it became paid mods 2.0 I was very disappointed. I thought I was gonna get some professionally made quests and gameplay changes and stuff like that. But no, we just got horse armor... AGAIN.

Atriox shadow storm

PostSubject: Re: lets talk creation club    Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:28 am

actually i do have experience haha i ported some skyrim mods for myself it took me 10 mins to port 2 sword mods and an armor mod its actually really easy to do porting mods to bethesda.net and im not talking about updating mods regerlly or something i meant as in when a mods fully completed so yea that comment about having to do things twice is kinda stupid and as for bug testing just put it in the wip section and ask people to test it.

and haha when i say my pc cant run fallout haha i mean it cant fucking run it like it crashes on start up cant run it so yea dude that comment was unessary and hell if it could run it id be happy with shitty quality hell ive played day z and he lowest graphics and 15 fps. fallout new vegas on low ass graphics and like 25 fps barely and i was fine with that so that comment was just silly haha

and if u had actally read my post a big part of it was about giving more time to bethesda to properly release the CC and its not really paid mods cause it not mods well maybe the backpack is but the rest of it is content from fallout 3 and so on so they probably made that stuff themselves (when i say made i mean updated and ported) the only thing actually made by a modder is probaly the backpack thing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Limitlessness

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: lets talk creation club    Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:29 am

I honestly have no real problem with the Creation Club existing. My only qualm is with the current pricing scale and the fact that the content is preloaded onto your PC. A few armours and a weapon should not be worth a sizable percentage of the base game's price.

Other than the pricing I see no problem with the CC as a whole.

PostSubject: Re: lets talk creation club    Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:41 am

in all honesty yea the prices are really the only thing worth complaining about
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nichoice

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction: Myself
Level: >9000

PostSubject: Re: lets talk creation club    Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:30 pm

quicksilver500 wrote:
from experiance i have learnt that alot (not all but some) of modders are well sorry for my language here but they are ass-holes. they wont take the small 6 mins or so time it takes to upload a mod to xbox

Small 6 minutes my arse. You obviously have no experience in the process that goes into making and publishing mods. Publishing a mod can sometimes take as long as making the damn thing, if you want the page to be half decent and not have every bean head that downloads your mod to ask the same damn question in the comments section. Disregarding the fact that you have to produce two sets of descriptions, mod images, etc. there's the support, two mod releases means twice the support needed, twice the inane questions to answer, twice the upload and update times. Not to mention the fact that most mod authors don't have a spare Xbox lying around to bug test their mod on. So fuck right off with your '6 minutes', it takes a hell of lot more time and effort than that. If you want to encourage mod authors to port their mods to that hollow shell of a modding platform, I would suggest that you stop being an immature, entitled little shit like the rest of the console userbase.

and ive seen some saying about how if u want mods get a pc but that shits expensive for people who cant afford it i mean i upgraded my pc and hell it still cant run fallout so yea there is that

That is completely meaningless information, what you said there was:

"I put 64GB of RAM that the guy in PCWorld gave me in my 10 year old pc and it STILL can't play Fallout 4 at 4k 60fps, gosh darn it PC's are sooo expensive"

All in all, you seem to have missed the point as to why people are pissed at the CC entirely. They are pissed at it because it was aimed at console players that can't download the exact same content for free. That is literally why people are pissed off. Because the CC was supposed to be more than just paid mods. They marketed the goddamn thing on being not paid mods and then it turned out to be paid goddamn mods, that's why people are pissed.

Agreed ^

Its not the price, its the quality. If Beth made custom content that was BETTER than whats already out there I don't think people would have a problem with it. But it is in its infancy and I think Beth learnt their lesson the first time around trying to monetize on mods, lets hope it gets better.

Now on to Atriox's comment,

@Atriox - You need to try modding yourself and no I don't mean re-coloring something on paint.net and calling it a day. I mean provide support for it. The amount of unless dribble and stupid questions you get is unimaginable. You realize that putting a mod out there consists of more than merely uploading it yea?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: lets talk creation club    

Back to top Go down

lets talk creation club

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1