Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
body dead daryl khan space Superpele Ryse wolfenstein mandalorian vault upgrades Reforged boom Call FCOM money NPCs Gear marvel ghoul commonwealth Mask riot machine hunk boomers
Latest topics
» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 4 Emptyby ZedraxStereo Yesterday at 10:44 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 4 Emptyby john96 Yesterday at 1:53 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 4 Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:43 pm

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 4 Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:26 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 4 Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:21 pm

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 4 Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:27 am

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 4 Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 4 Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 4 Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 4 Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:29 am

» Late Introduction
Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 4 Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:29 pm

» Greetings!
Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 4 Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:01 am

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 4 Emptyby gamerdude7892 Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:48 pm

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 4 Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 4 Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:52 am

» So I tried my hand at modding...
Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 4 Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:01 pm

» hi i'm new person
Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 4 Emptyby Jackfishproductions Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:00 pm

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 4 Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:15 am

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 4 Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:18 am

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 4 Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:37 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Let's talk about Fallout 5....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage

Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about Fallout 5....   Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 07, 2017 4:11 am

Don't not let it be something about finding family member again. When f4 came out i knew the bethesda doesn't care about the story when they do that.
Back to top Go down
GoofyGoo6er

GoofyGoo6er

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction: Republic of Dave
Level: 31

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about Fallout 5....   Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 07, 2017 9:58 am

But we haven't been looking for a daughter yet....so......we need to fill out that family tree! :p
Back to top Go down
itsftw

itsftw

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about Fallout 5....   Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 07, 2017 10:30 am

''Let's talk about Fallout 5....''
i hope they Bethesda Gamestudios passes the stick back to Obsidian Entertainment. Obsidian, now relieved for that mess called Armoured Warfare, already said that they have interest in developing a new Fallout...

oh yes and im alive again. finally back to full health closed eyes smile

WarfareChild53

WarfareChild53

Character sheet
Name: Monster of The West
Faction: NCR
Level: 50

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about Fallout 5....   Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 07, 2017 11:44 am

I feel like Fallout 5 should be about a Vault Dweller who already left the vault to live a life out in the wasteland growing crops and such for a town but a raider gang constantly harasses them and eventually takes someone hostage but will give them back for an exchange of 500,000 caps (which is impossible for an average wasteland town) but the Vault Dweller tells the town he will volunteer to go out further into the wasteland and find a way to get 500k caps but he eventually finds the raiders again from a distance and discovers they owe money to a more threatening group to everyone in wasteland in which he realizes is a much bigger problem than he thought.

shadowshade

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about Fallout 5....   Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 07, 2017 2:27 pm

Regarding the karma-system, I wholly agree with Corvo: it not only reduces morality to black and white, but also sets in adavance a moral system, which then tells the player how his/her actions are translating morally - very much like a parent telling the child what it ought to be doing. And even if you decide to play a bad-guy, the karma-system would deprive the player of deciding what qualifies as a morally bad action.
I would like every important NPC to have a specific morality - there's enough variety in ethical theory to confront the player with difficult choices like solving what comes down to a moral dilemma.
This "more talk,less shoot"-approach would give the shooting some weight back - as it is now, it feels very ordinary and comes without a burden of conscience, just easy. But I guess the implementation of such psychological stuff is rather difficult.

In the end I don't care much about the setting, though I mentioned in another thread that I would like to see a Fallout taking place in the Rocky Mountains.
What I do care about is the game being bleak and grim, a swan song for civilization. Or, to put it differently, the statement that all those accomplishments of civilization are just veiling the brutality and egoism, that reside in most human beings and which come fully forth once the creature comforts and the fear of punishment are taken away.
So maybe something like the film/book The Road.
Back to top Go down
Kaiser Atlas

Kaiser Atlas

Character sheet
Name: Anthony
Faction: Highlanders
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about Fallout 5....   Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 10, 2017 2:05 pm

@shadowshade True you make some great points, personally i always liked the Karma system, getting a bad karma notification gives me a rush of ''Mwuhahaha i'm such an evil bastard'' but i can totally see where you're coming from with the specific morality view, i'd enjoy that too, and as for fallout 5 being in mountains, wowah just imagine something like Big Mt but instead of being a laboratory it's a megaton style city inside a crater inside a mountain, sure it's a bit much but that'd make and amazing location

@WarfareChild53 I like that sticking to the small beginnings big ending style of fallout, maybe going after the person that's been kidnapped is an option and you could stumble across this bigger threat by yourself, really play into the open-story style

Back to top Go down
TheThompsonBoss

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about Fallout 5....   Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 10, 2017 3:16 pm

I would personally like to have the Karma system back, the Faction system back, and keep the weapon/armor designing aspect of FO4. While FO4 isn't perfect I do applaud it for giving you the ability to customize your weapon and even renaming it. Heck, I would like the mini bosses back as well! It was always alot of fun to encounter an enemy then have a hard battle you get a nice enchanted weapon. And of course the Karma system was good to determine just what kind of character you were playing as. And the Faction system really gave me a sense of immersion. It always felt good to change how people felt about you and eventually accept you into their ranks. I feel if all this was added into Fallout 5 the game will be significantly better.
Back to top Go down
Enclave216

Enclave216

Character sheet
Name: Colonel Volker
Faction: Enclave
Level: 50

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about Fallout 5....   Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 10, 2017 4:24 pm

I definitely agree with bringing back the faction system. It was the great equalizer with FNV allowing you to join any faction and potentially help them or destroy them. The karma system was okay, I don't think it should necessarily make you good or evil but if you achieve a certain karma level based on your choices, people should react differently to your presence and people should come after you. Maybe even add in some unique quests for karma levels.

As for armor and weapons, I felt that Fallout 4 got those mostly correct finally. However they should add a distinct advantage and more power to energy weapons as well as much more enduring power armor stats/Training for acquirement and more weapons. I remember in fallout 2 an enemy with a laser pistol could dominate you.

And hopefully a more in depth story that you can actually attach to, FO4 sucked in that department. Add some actual worthwhile DLC content as well.
Back to top Go down
Kaiser Atlas

Kaiser Atlas

Character sheet
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about Fallout 5....   Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 11, 2017 3:42 pm

I Suppose making raider bosses like Borderlands bosses would make simple raider camps much more interesting what do yall think, running into B.O.S sqauds with a paladin that serves as a mini-boss, etc. etc.

Some more information on what kind of state china is in after the war, maybe a dlc that goes there. after all the great war was, china and america, and we know so little about the state of things there, what kind of wasteland is it, is there different models of power armor there, and obviously the chinese stealth suit being from there, is there more version of that, maybe a combat stealth suit, stealth power armor, jingwei's shocksword, more electrified melee weapons, and personally i really liked the chinese jumpsuit in fallout 3 so i wouldn't say more to more apparel in that style

Back to top Go down
Azreg

Azreg

Character sheet
Name: Cole Phelps
Faction: LAPD
Level: 14

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about Fallout 5....   Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 11, 2017 3:55 pm

I'll agree with you on the karma thing however its sound effects need to be left out. They should also revert to the perks and skill system of FO3 and NV, which made me focus on a specific build rather than knowing I'll be a jack of all trades once I level up. Speech checks also need to come back with force, especially when the player has very low intelligence because quite frankly I had a blast playing NV with 2 intelligence. Unique weapons and clothes will make a cool addition rather than the legendary stuff and finally more quests and consequences. These are the things I can think of right now.

Banewrath

Banewrath

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about Fallout 5....   Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 11, 2017 4:01 pm

Kaiser Atlas wrote:
@kiionohi Exactly! I love to play the badguy I like to be a force to be reckoned with in games and having the npc's fear you allows for that, it's why i liked the karma system in fallout 3 getting hit squads sent after you made me feel important like iwas shaping the wasteland for better or worse

We do have a karma system for our followers. If you do things they don`t like they will eventually leave you. They also have the faction based hit squads that pop up to attack you. Synths and coursers teleport right on top on you and attack, BOS vertibirds appear out of nowhere and attack you. I don`t remember what the railroad does, I think they send heavies out to hunt you. So it is pretty much the same as fo3 and nv was except they just don`t walk up and announce you are on the shit list.

I`ve never really stolen anything ingame so I`m not sure if there is dialogue from npc`s about you being a sticky fingers or not.
Back to top Go down
Pre-Workout

Pre-Workout

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about Fallout 5....   Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 14, 2017 11:36 pm

Remove the voiced protagonist, remove the legendary weapon/enemy system, add more weapons with more variation, go back to the west coast, and for all that it holy make a new game engine.

Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 4 Whomst10
Back to top Go down
Kaiser Atlas

Kaiser Atlas

Character sheet
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about Fallout 5....   Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 2:44 pm

@Pre-Workout yeah the legendary weapons took the edge off unique.

Back to top Go down
erebamagi_10

erebamagi_10

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about Fallout 5....   Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 7:48 pm

fallout 5 ...heh after the disaster that was 4 and the creation club i will have no hope for a 5 unless against all hope it is done by obsidian

Nukacide

Character sheet
Name: ʜᴀᴡᴋ
Faction: ᴍᴇʀᴄᴇɴᴀʀʏ
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about Fallout 5....   Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 16, 2017 3:56 am

Please Bethesda let Obsidian make Fallout 5. Fallout 4 was a great game but didn't have a great main story-line that I could connect with unlike Obsidian's Fallout: New Vegas. And for the love of god build a new game engine!

shadowshade

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about Fallout 5....   Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 16, 2017 4:28 am

Nukacide wrote:
was a great game but didn't have a great main story-line

That you can say about virtually every game Bethesda made. And like you stated yourself the games are still "great". Because telling a story, like Mass Effect OT for example does, is not what an Elder Scrolls or Fallout is about; even the first Fallout hadn't a compelling plot, which isn't to say that it's not a great game. But those games just aren't narrative-driven, they more or less excel in simulating a gameworld: when you tell the story of your character you wouldn't use a lot of words like "therefore", "because of that" etc., instead you would tell a couple of short stories which connecting arc is just your character exploring.

Quote :
And for the love of god build a new game engine!

Developing a game engine that is as modable as Gamebryo and its successors is very time-consuming. They won't do it unless it's absolutely necessary. Overall I think Fallout4's lightning is okay/acceptable - and with ENBs it becomes even good.
Back to top Go down
Nukacide

Nukacide

Character sheet
Name: ʜᴀᴡᴋ
Faction: ᴍᴇʀᴄᴇɴᴀʀʏ
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about Fallout 5....   Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 17, 2017 2:12 am

@shadowshade

It is absolutely necessary to build a new game engine. Gamebryo is an old dying dog that should have been taking out back and shot years ago. It is filled with the same bugs since oblivion and runs like crap, let's face it. It cannot compete with modern game engines.

shadowshade

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about Fallout 5....   Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 17, 2017 3:38 am

Nukacide wrote:
It cannot compete with modern game engines.

Well, it depends on what it is you send it to compete for. Sure, it won't win any prices for graphic, but it still wins or is at least a top player when it comes to the engine that is the most open and user-friendly for modding.
Don't get me wrong, I would like it very much if they made a new engine that can compete with say Unreal 4. It's just that it would be very time consuming and therefore quite the investment for them.
Back to top Go down
BITBUT

BITBUT

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about Fallout 5....   Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 17, 2017 7:18 am

erebamagi_10 wrote:
fallout 5 ...heh after the disaster that was 4 and the creation club i will have no hope for a 5 unless against all hope it is done by obsidian

Can't wait to unlock cool mods which can only be unlocked through loot crates that can only come from the CC at the low low price of $7.99 per crate! /s
Back to top Go down
IRORIEH

IRORIEH

Character sheet
Name: Booker
Faction: The highest bidder
Level: 21

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about Fallout 5....   Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 17, 2017 12:38 pm

Character and world depth. That is a must have.

Everything in Fallout 4 felt very hallow and static. NV, and even 4 both have a flow to them, in which they feel like the wasteland is moving as we progress throughout the story. Events are happening and things are changing as we progress through the story. The events of our actions have consequences, and those consequences reflect in the world around us. There's nothing like that in 4. It all feels as though we're playing a game that is already pre decided. I can become a general, but no one really treats me like it outside of NPCs who have no real purpose. I can't, for instance, negotiate with a faction leader like Maxon for example, as a leader of another significant power. I don't feel that important in the grand scheme of things. I can join the Brotherhood, and become part of a techno regime, set to take the commonwealth under it's banner, but people still act ambivalent toward me. I don't have any options, outside of only two quests I can think of, where my faction preferences dictate how the story plays out differently. Fallout 4 has very few truly unique moments, answers or outcomes. It's bland in terms of it's storytelling and potential and thus, falls flat.
I want 5 to give me a chance to live in a world where I am a character within that world, as opposed to simply going through the motions. I want the chance to influence it, and build a story within it. And I want the characters around me to acknowledge and respect (or fear) what I represent. Because that's what an RPG should be.

So yeah, I guess I want an RPG...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about Fallout 5....   Let's talk about Fallout 5.... - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Let's talk about Fallout 5....

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next