Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
vault Overhaul Call Mask ghoul riot gauss power mandalorian Ryse money khan daryl dead boomers body hunk Reforged marvel Gear Superpele boom machine NPCs commonwealth wolfenstein
Latest topics
» A long overdue introduction
Star Wars Fans? - Page 4 Emptyby Athallah Akbar Yesterday at 5:46 pm

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Star Wars Fans? - Page 4 Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
Star Wars Fans? - Page 4 Emptyby Apoc Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:06 am

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Star Wars Fans? - Page 4 Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:22 pm

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Star Wars Fans? - Page 4 Emptyby gavin gold Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Star Wars Fans? - Page 4 Emptyby HardComma Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:42 am

» Hello from nexus
Star Wars Fans? - Page 4 Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Star Wars Fans? - Page 4 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:06 pm

» The Next fallout
Star Wars Fans? - Page 4 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Star Wars Fans? - Page 4 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Star Wars Fans? - Page 4 Emptyby CosmoMods Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:52 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Star Wars Fans? - Page 4 Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:11 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
Star Wars Fans? - Page 4 Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Star Wars Fans? - Page 4 Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Star Wars Fans? - Page 4 Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
Star Wars Fans? - Page 4 Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:33 pm

» schorched enclave officer
Star Wars Fans? - Page 4 Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Star Wars Fans? - Page 4 Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:29 am

» Late Introduction
Star Wars Fans? - Page 4 Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:29 pm

» Greetings!
Star Wars Fans? - Page 4 Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:01 pm

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Star Wars Fans?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 30  Next
AuthorMessage
Unrealhatred

Unrealhatred

Star Wars Fans? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Fans?   Star Wars Fans? - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 1:25 pm

Alixen wrote:
I greatly enjoyed the prequels also, they may not have captured my heart like the OT, but close enough. I always liked Hayden's Anakin, absolutely loved Ewan's Obi-Wan, and found the planets and scenes visually stunning. Nor has it aged badly.

The Clone Wars is amazing, film and series. It's very, very dark in ways that fly over the young ones heads, but grown up fans can appreciate. The blank staring eyes of dead clones. Droids questioning sentience. Creeper moments like Hondo running his thumb over Ahsoka's lip. In the Netflix only season 6 we also get to see a Hutt toilet stall, and what the inside of a public 'fresher'/toilet looks like in SW. I always wondered, just a little. In that same season, I found one of the darkest moments of the entire thing was a clone medic (his dead brothers floating limply around him) obviously terrified as the droids approach, alone in the vacuum of space in a crippled transport, and he throw himself out of cover (he is doomed, anyway) and takes one with him... before they show the killing shot rip into him. Less ballsy shows would have cut away.

Christ that sounds amazing. I'm gonna have to watch this now. I've seen a few scenes but those are what I've only really watched on Youtube. I've never really sat down and watched an episode, I'll have to try and find one online or when it's on TV I'll try and watch one.

Slade Wilson had an incident when fighting the justice league for a powerful inter-dimension portal device. He was trying to get it for a client. The heroes managed to stop him, but not before he was sucked into a new dimension. A chaotic, post apocalyptic world where war is a constant thing. Here he's in his elements, some one always needs another person killed because....War, war never changes.
Back to top Go down
Alixen

Alixen

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Fans?   Star Wars Fans? - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 4:18 pm

^^There are the more meh episodes, such as ones starring Jar-Jar and/or R2/3PO, but for every one of those there are a half dozen Jedi and Clone centric episodes. Plus the entire premise of the show is pretty grim being that despite all the fun action and adventure, the majority of the Jedi characters are going to die, the bad guys win as they control both sides, the clones are going to turn in those who trusted the, ect.

It's also good to see Anakin and Obi-Wan as friends and 'brother's, and that the galaxy doesn't just revolve around them.
Back to top Go down
Arn13

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Fans?   Star Wars Fans? - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 12:45 am

The Clone Wars series really is amazing.

My only gripe is pretty much how Jedi seem to have trouble or are very, VERY hesitant in using their force powers to possibly turn the tide of a battle. A simple force wave or push could have solved a number of problems our heroes face. But I suppose it's for the sake of the plot...
Back to top Go down
Alixen

Alixen

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Fans?   Star Wars Fans? - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 1:42 am

Also that using the force for everything has a tendency to drown out the subtler whispers of the force. Something the (L)EU delves into. Think of the force like the ocean, and small and passive uses like a gentle rippling, and overt and mighty uses like a great wave. It's much easier to notice subtle changes through the former.
Back to top Go down
Lilkrasdog

Lilkrasdog

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Fans?   Star Wars Fans? - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 1:50 am

I really need to sit down and watch the clone wars series. Unfortunately I have a problem loading Motivation.EXE. That and currently I'm on a megaman and poirot kick.

Overall I really did enjoy the star wars series as a whole, some people hated the prequels, I didn't HATE them but nor did I like them. Fun? Yes. As good as the original trilogy? No.

Back to top Go down
Torki

Torki

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Fans?   Star Wars Fans? - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 1:08 pm

Found a little something on youtube that i´ll like to share, and didn´t want to create another thread  tongue 
It´s an animated comic

Cpt.Rex

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Fans?   Star Wars Fans? - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 25, 2014 10:36 am

good morning everyone,

nice catch torki. i like the short arctrooper story. its well made.

---

for the ones who dont know it yet... in october this year starts a new sw tv show called rebels. it will be the first relesed project that is developed under disney... some people including me did have some doubts at the begin that disney would mess the sw universe up. but after seeing the progress of rebels my doubts are gone. here are the newest videos about the new show. i hope you enjoy them as much i do...

many greetings
rex

XFeniXRising

Character sheet
Name: Colton Voss
Faction: Brotherhood of Steel
Level: 30

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Fans?   Star Wars Fans? - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 25, 2014 10:47 am

I'm skeptical about Star Wars: Rebels since it's made by Disney if I recall. Which means the scenes might be more goofy than serious unlike it's counterpart: The Clone Wars, which kept the goofyness to a bare minimum. The Clones Wars was such a great series, the ending was kind of meh, but it was still overall amazing, and how I kept staring at Palpatine's nose the entire series lol. Anyways, I can see from the trailers that Cpt.Rex (I hear he's going to make an appearance in Rebels, by that I mean the character not you Very Happy) posted that they're trying to be serious and stay with the core focus but I feel like something is going to ruin it for me, but we'll have to wait and see.

Grom Hellscream: "And what Gul'dan, must we give in return?"
Gul'dan: "Everything."
Back to top Go down
Cpt.Rex

Cpt.Rex

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Fans?   Star Wars Fans? - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 25, 2014 11:02 am

well the people who are working on rebels are the same persons who made the clone wars show so i think they know what they are doing. i think disney will make it good. the new movies has real characters/costumes and sets and will have less cgi then in the prequels that is a step into the right way and as the developers of rebels did say the new tv show will be more serious and darker then other disney cartoon shows where the good guys always wins. i have heared the rumors of rex too, as far they tell he is a bounty hunter in rebels. whats already ben confirmed is that ahsoka tano will have a larger part in the show and i know beside from rex that at least one famous clone is still alive but i should maybe not spoil it. Wink

Torki

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Fans?   Star Wars Fans? - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 25, 2014 11:33 am

I did not know of that first trailer, thanks you, lest have a bit of hope on it.

Spoiler:

You could see at the end of the clone wars series how Palpatine slowly became an asshole and the shock troopers from coruscant blindly followed orders, i liked that.

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Fans?   Star Wars Fans? - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 25, 2014 11:42 am

I never picked up on star wars until I read Order 66. I wasn't a big fan of the films, and although I love the universe, George Lucas' style isn't one that I enjoy. I never imagined the immense complexity of the clones. Order 66 shed so much light on how conflicted they were, and made them very personal. I enjoyed that.
Back to top Go down
Cpt.Rex

Cpt.Rex

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Fans?   Star Wars Fans? - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 25, 2014 1:45 pm

i agree the order 66 book was great. i have not much knowlege about the expanded universe and i have maybe read two or three sw comics in my life. i know the movies and the clone wars show and played most of the games that came out on pc. the only sw books that i have read are republic commando from karren traviss ( order 66 is the third part ) and the thrawn triology.. which has a great story even for non sw fans. i realy can recommend this triology.

Judge Redd

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Fans?   Star Wars Fans? - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 25, 2014 3:07 pm

Have watched all the movies since I was young. Imagine my horror when I found out the villian I most hated and one of the heros I loved most of all, were the same person (Hamil)
Back to top Go down
Solid Snake

Solid Snake

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Fans?   Star Wars Fans? - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 25, 2014 8:13 pm

I was always a big fan of Star Wars, although I never really got into the expanded universe for the most part, aside from Death Troopers and the video games.
I could never really choose which film I liked more, the original film (Episode IV), or The Empire Strikes Back. Empire was awesome, but I liked the musical score in the original film better, and Han just seemed cooler.
Although I always pretty much cheered for the Galactic Empire (come on, that Stormtrooper armor, Vader, Boba Fett, all of it's awesome), Han pretty much won me over, with his charm and cool, calm attitude.
I guess I just like scoundrels.
Also, I'm pissed that we never got that Imperial Commando game.

"Nail me to my car and I'll tell you who you are"

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
BlackcatTW

BlackcatTW

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Fans?   Star Wars Fans? - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 25, 2014 9:44 pm

I love the Star Wars Universe, but my favourite period is the "Clone Wars".

Commander Bacara is just epic!
Back to top Go down
XFeniXRising

XFeniXRising

Character sheet
Name: Colton Voss
Faction: Brotherhood of Steel
Level: 30

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Fans?   Star Wars Fans? - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 25, 2014 10:28 pm

What led me into Star Wars, no lie, was the LAATs. I thought they were so cool, and when I seen the old Phase Is I'd call them "Sharkheads" but Phase II Armor was incredible. I love the Republic Era as oppose to the Empire Era, I think it's because I liked two powerful armies going against one another not so much a huge militia verus an army who can't even aim properally with E-15s. Might be leaning off topic so here:

Star Wars Fans? - Page 4 50297426c72b4ef518024c4fb0e05dcb92eef229e2fe43daafd5862e7fd52530
Back to top Go down
OakshieldDream

OakshieldDream

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Fans?   Star Wars Fans? - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 26, 2014 2:25 pm

Well, I consider myself a big fan, (Especially padme) but what really catches and captivates me is the philosophical background of the films. Star Wars; has many important messages that you can learn to real life, but that's good because it will make you think and come to your own conclusions:
The anti-bullying. This is a very big issue in Star Wars. Ill have his due, as it should be. The good fight against evil and your friends stay with you no matter how bad things get , The inability to control your destiny and how that directs your life. The utility of living according to a code of conduct. The self-destruction involving the thirst for power and live in fear, anger, hatred and selfishness.The power of wisdom.
The importance of self discipline on all emotions, including love. Anakin loved deeply but failed to discipline this part of himself and consequently lost control and went over to the dark side.
The fact that the line between good and evil is very thin. Not everything is as it seems and we must continue to work hard to improve ourselves and not make assumptions about how the world works.
The way we use technology changes a neutral tool to the person who makes use of it to decide.
And many more things .... actually, I think its background fran, not lightsaber cuts... really very great movies

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Fans?   Star Wars Fans? - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 26, 2014 2:58 pm

I loved the original trilogy, but I thought Episode one was almost laughably bad IMO. While I felt that E2 and E3 were improvements (I thought E3 was actually pretty good) I don't think the prequel trilogy as a whole was very good.

George Lucas is a creative genius... but IMO he's a terrible director.
Back to top Go down
Crimson King

Crimson King

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Fans?   Star Wars Fans? - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 12:25 am

They should just use Heir to the Empire for ep 7.

Cpt.Rex

Cpt.Rex

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Fans?   Star Wars Fans? - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 9:58 am

good morning everyone,

here is the newest preview clip about sw rebels.. i have to say i realy like it.. do not watch it if you want to wait until october

many greetings
rex

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Fans?   Star Wars Fans? - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Star Wars Fans?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 30Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 30  Next