Gaming Underground Network

Come for the Mods, Stay for the Community!
 
HomeCalendarFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Info Panel

FO MOD MASTER THREAD
TES MOD MASTER THREAD
________________



Contests Ended!
Winners Posted!

________________
*Profile Image Guidelines*
SovrnAds
March 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
  12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
2728293031  
CalendarCalendar

Share | 
 

 Star Wars Fans?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 30  Next
AuthorMessage
trooperjess

avatar

Posts : 93
Join date : 2014-02-23

PostSubject: Star Wars Fans?   Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:12 pm

I know there some Star War fans. What are your thoughts on the upcoming movie. Or past books, movies, or TV shows.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Niar26

avatar

Posts : 524
Join date : 2014-03-17
Age : 23
Location : Bergamo, Italy.

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Fans?   Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:42 am

Count me in!

Anyway, i just hope it's not a failure, that is my expectations. The prequel trilogy had awesome special effects, settings and whatever, but the story in itself was mediocre at best, it almost had no soul. The latest one of the trilogy was the best, in my opinion, but wasn't still even close to the original trilogy level.

Hoeps up for the next one!

_________________
Only the Dead have seen the end of War
Back to top Go down
View user profile
trooperjess

avatar

Posts : 93
Join date : 2014-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Fans?   Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:14 pm

@Niar26 wrote:
Count me in!

Anyway, i just hope it's not a failure, that is my expectations. The prequel trilogy had awesome special effects, settings and whatever, but the story in itself was mediocre at best, it almost had no soul. The latest one of the trilogy was the best, in my opinion, but wasn't still even close to the original trilogy level.

Hoeps up for the next one!

Well it if going to be based off of the solo twins. It should be a good story.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hitman47101

avatar

Posts : 1880
Join date : 2014-02-28
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Fans?   Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:09 pm

I am a Star Wars fan but more of the games then the movies.

I liked all the Films but the original trilogy is much better then the prequels.
Regarding the new movie i haven't heard much about it but jj abrams is involved somehow right?
If so i get the feeling that lightsabers are about to become the biggest lens flare generators in history.

Should be fun regardless.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
endgameaddiction



Posts : 91
Join date : 2014-03-01
Location : ᵴᶅὴ ﻊᶅﮌᶙ

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Fans?   Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:47 am

I'm a fan. Not a hardcore fan. But enough that I owned the Trilogy Collection for the last first three on cassette. TongueTril
Back to top Go down
View user profile
trooperjess

avatar

Posts : 93
Join date : 2014-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Fans?   Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:57 pm

@hitman47101 wrote:
I am a Star Wars fan but more of the games then the movies.

I liked all the Films but the original trilogy is much better then the prequels.
Regarding the new movie i haven't heard much about it but jj abrams is involved somehow right?
If so i get the feeling that lightsabers are about to become the biggest lens flare generators in history.

Should be fun regardless.
 
Yes JJ abrams is directing the movie.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
trooperjess

avatar

Posts : 93
Join date : 2014-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Fans?   Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:57 pm

@endgameaddiction wrote:
I'm a fan. Not a hardcore fan. But enough that I owned the Trilogy Collection for the last first three on cassette. TongueTril

Which Trilogy do you own?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brigand231

avatar

Posts : 368
Join date : 2014-03-09
Age : 42
Location : Somewhere I shouldn't be

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Fans?   Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:16 pm

I loved the original trilogy. I'm ok with the prequel trilogy. I've played most of the PC games. I've read some of the books. I guess I'd be considered a fan.

Having said that, and I hope I don't come off wrong... I hate starting and stopping and starting and stopping like a kid learning to drive for the first time hits the break and gas pedal. Maybe being backed by Disney now will help with that. Personally I hate "saying goodbye" to a cast or series or franchise when something is over and I hate how my heart is torn open when something I'd been forced to say goodbye to is reborn with new faces.

I'm not exactly looking forward to more, but if they do it right I might be willing to give it a chance.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.flickr.com/photos/brigand231/
trooperjess

avatar

Posts : 93
Join date : 2014-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Fans?   Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:03 pm

@Brigand231 wrote:
I hate starting and stopping and starting and stopping like a kid learning to drive for the first time hits the break and gas pedal.

I don't understand what you mean? It might be cause I have read some of the books.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brigand231

avatar

Posts : 368
Join date : 2014-03-09
Age : 42
Location : Somewhere I shouldn't be

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Fans?   Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:25 pm

@trooperjess wrote:
I don't understand what you mean? It might be cause I have read some of the books.

How to put this without coming across wrong or sticking my foot in my mouth... Let's try this angle, what year did you see Star Wars for the first time?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.flickr.com/photos/brigand231/
trooperjess

avatar

Posts : 93
Join date : 2014-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Fans?   Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:01 am

@Brigand231 wrote:
@trooperjess wrote:
I don't understand what you mean? It might be cause I have read some of the books.

How to put this without coming across wrong or sticking my foot in my mouth...  Let's try this angle, what year did you see Star Wars for the first time?

Oh I get what you mean now. I was my first star wars about 2008 when I was 15.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brigand231

avatar

Posts : 368
Join date : 2014-03-09
Age : 42
Location : Somewhere I shouldn't be

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Fans?   Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:12 am

@trooperjess wrote:
Oh I get what you mean now. I was my first star wars about 2008 when I was 15.

Right, I saw it in '78 at a drive in. I'm normally good with illustrations and parallels, but I can't think of a modern equivalent. lol Had to wait 28 years to be able to watch them all in order.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.flickr.com/photos/brigand231/
Relewyn

avatar

Posts : 86
Join date : 2014-02-26
Age : 20
Location : Limerick,Ireland

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Fans?   Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:30 am

I'm not the biggest Star Wars fan, but I do enjoy the original trilogy. The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones weren't that good, but I enjoyed Revenge of the Sith. I've played some of the Star Wars games that have been released over the years, Battlefront 2 being one of my favourite games. I'm not sure what to think about the new trilogy that's being made, hopefully it turns out well.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cpt.Rex

avatar

Posts : 2904
Join date : 2014-02-23
Age : 39
Location : Germany

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Fans?   Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:54 am

well... i am a fan too Wink
i grow up with the original triology.. sw was the first movie that i have seen in cinema. i like the prequells too and i have played most of the sw games that are avaiable for pc but i am unfamilier with most of the comics and books of the expanded universe.. exept for the republic commando and the thrawn triology. the thrawn saga have a great story and it would be nice to see it on the big screen someday. i am curious what the storys of the new movies will be and in what direction sw:rebels will take us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hoppyhead

avatar

Posts : 725
Join date : 2014-02-24
Age : 37
Location : Behind You...

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Fans?   Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:55 pm

I am a big fan of Star Wars, and I grew up with the original trilogy as well.
What I would like to see is perhaps a Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic TV series. They would have a lot of material to keep a series going.

Not sure what the new films will bring us but am curious to see how it turns out.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
trooperjess

avatar

Posts : 93
Join date : 2014-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Fans?   Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:19 pm

@Brigand231 wrote:
@trooperjess wrote:
Oh I get what you mean now. I was my first star wars about 2008 when I was 15.

Right, I saw it in '78 at a drive in.  I'm normally good with illustrations and parallels, but I can't think of a modern equivalent.  lol  Had to wait 28 years to be able to watch them all in order.

I bet that was a rough wait. I Bet it would have been so cool see it at a drive in.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ruski Esplin

avatar

Posts : 41
Join date : 2014-02-23
Age : 20
Location : Perth, Australia

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Fans?   Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:05 pm

I'm quite a fan, and used to be completely obsessed with it when I was younger. I remember the first game on Playstation 2 I ever wanted was the first Battlefront, and I absolutely loved that.

Sometimes I look something up on the Star Wars wiki, and then suddenly end up spending the whole day reading about the lore, storylines, characters etc. It's just all fascinating to me.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dark Jovian

avatar

Posts : 182
Join date : 2014-02-27
Age : 26
Location : Eridanus Supervoid

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Fans?   Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:57 am

I'm a big fan of technology, futurism and sci-fi, I always have been.

Star Wars is very good stuff. I grew up watching the movies with my grandfather. Granted I don't invest too much time into it right now but whenever I think about it's always in good memory.

Anyways, I'm really looking forward to the next movie. I just hope Disney doesn't ruin it.


_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
trooperjess

avatar

Posts : 93
Join date : 2014-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Fans?   Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:06 pm

Dubble post

_________________


Last edited by trooperjess on Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
trooperjess

avatar

Posts : 93
Join date : 2014-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Fans?   Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:15 pm

Ruski Esplin wrote:
I'm quite a fan, and used to be completely obsessed with it when I was younger. I remember the first game on Playstation 2 I ever wanted was the first Battlefront, and I absolutely loved that.

Sometimes I look something up on the Star Wars wiki, and then suddenly end up spending the whole day reading about the lore, storylines, characters etc. It's just all fascinating to me.


I do the same thing on the Star Wars wiki. It not such good thing when you at work and you get sucked to reading something.

bl4d3l0r3s wrote:
I'm a big fan of technology, futurism and sci-fi, I always have been.

Star Wars is very good stuff. I grew up watching the movies with my grandfather. Granted I don't invest too much time into it right now but whenever I think about it's always in good memory.

Anyways, I'm really looking forward to the next movie. I just hope Disney doesn't ruin it.


You know I seen a alot of people saying that. But did you know that Marvel Studios is a wholly owned subsidiary of Disney. I had heard that about a year ago and just reminded it. So I had to look it up. So maybe there is hope for star wars. At least they wont have a hard time getting good talent. Well not as hard as The Tops casino.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Fans?   

Back to top Go down
 

Star Wars Fans?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 30Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 30  Next

 Similar topics

-
» AT TE WALKER - for the star wars fans - DONT pay $250 when you can pay....
» Looking for New Star Wars Lego
» Hot Toys making Indiana Jones figures, hints at Star Wars as well...
» Star Wars - Sideshow Collectables THREAD
» Lego Star Wars Death Star set

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gaming Underground Network :: Star Wars :: Discussion-