Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
vault marvel hunk NPCs machine ghoul Ryse boomers body daryl Overhaul Call Mask gauss wolfenstein commonwealth Gear money dead boom power Superpele Reforged mandalorian riot khan
Latest topics
» A long overdue introduction
Star Wars Fans? - Page 3 Emptyby Athallah Akbar Yesterday at 5:46 pm

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Star Wars Fans? - Page 3 Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
Star Wars Fans? - Page 3 Emptyby Apoc Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:06 am

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Star Wars Fans? - Page 3 Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:22 pm

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Star Wars Fans? - Page 3 Emptyby gavin gold Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Star Wars Fans? - Page 3 Emptyby HardComma Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:42 am

» Hello from nexus
Star Wars Fans? - Page 3 Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Star Wars Fans? - Page 3 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:06 pm

» The Next fallout
Star Wars Fans? - Page 3 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Star Wars Fans? - Page 3 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Star Wars Fans? - Page 3 Emptyby CosmoMods Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:52 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Star Wars Fans? - Page 3 Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:11 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
Star Wars Fans? - Page 3 Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Star Wars Fans? - Page 3 Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Star Wars Fans? - Page 3 Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
Star Wars Fans? - Page 3 Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:33 pm

» schorched enclave officer
Star Wars Fans? - Page 3 Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Star Wars Fans? - Page 3 Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:29 am

» Late Introduction
Star Wars Fans? - Page 3 Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:29 pm

» Greetings!
Star Wars Fans? - Page 3 Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:01 pm

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Star Wars Fans?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 30  Next
AuthorMessage
ritualclarity

ritualclarity

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

Star Wars Fans? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Fans?   Star Wars Fans? - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 3:29 am

trooperjess wrote:
What is KotOR about?

Do yourself a favor and don't ask. If you like RPG and Starwars get it and play it. There is a nice surprise in the end (talking about the original one not the newer version. ) I usually could see things from miles away with story and plot but the KOTOR I really shocked me pleasantly. I had to actually stop and just sit for a few minutes. The writing is very good as well. Lot of depth (for the age of the game) if you can get over the older graphics.

temporarywhatwhat

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Fans?   Star Wars Fans? - Page 3 EmptyThu May 08, 2014 11:13 am

I've always been a fan of the series. Not as serious as a fan of some other things, so as long as the movies are entertaining, I'm good.
Back to top Go down
DarkPancake

DarkPancake

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Fans?   Star Wars Fans? - Page 3 EmptyFri May 09, 2014 6:37 pm

Yup the movies are great, even the clone wars series was nice. But I still don't trust the mouse now he has the rights of Star Wars. Let's hope they don't make Star Wars for little kids. The best news so far is SWBFIII. Smile
Back to top Go down
Dr. Gonzo

Dr. Gonzo

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Fans?   Star Wars Fans? - Page 3 EmptySat May 10, 2014 5:45 pm

Yep a true Star Wars fan here....always enjoy the original unedited IV, V, and VI trilogy more than the newer I, II, and III...and in regards to spin-offs I'm hoping with Boba Fett that they use the story from the books
Spoiler:

Star Wars Fans? - Page 3 380-3

Film Noir Discussion Thread
Back to top Go down
Zetman

Zetman

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Fans?   Star Wars Fans? - Page 3 EmptySun May 11, 2014 5:35 am

I like Star Wars.  I haven't kept up with all the books and comics they made, but I've read a few.  I'd have to say I found them to be of variable quality in my opinion.  I liked the Timothy Zahn stuff, Kotor, and the Darth Plagueis book by James Luceno.  As well as the second Clone Wars cartoon, the cgi one, more so than the prequel trilogy which birthed it.  There are some other bits I prefer not to think about though.  
One thing I'm grateful towards the prequel trilogy for is that without its existence 2 of my favorite Star Wars characters, Asajj Ventress and Cad Bane, would never have been created.
Back to top Go down
creegull

creegull

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Fans?   Star Wars Fans? - Page 3 EmptySun May 11, 2014 2:30 pm

trooperjess wrote:
What is KotOR about?

You can't say much without spoiling the story; but the premise is this; its around 3000 years prior to the event of the prequel trilogy (Phantom Menace etc) and its set during a war between the resurgent sith empire, led by Darth Malak and the republic. You wake up aboard a republic ship and the story goes on from there.
Back to top Go down
Alixen

Alixen

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Fans?   Star Wars Fans? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 9:49 am

Yeah, KOTOR is a very fun time period. If you don't mind comics, the Knights of the Old Republic series...

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_Knights_of_the_Old_Republic_%28comics%29

...gives you insight into the era and general characters types. It's also just fantastic on its own merits. The KOTOR, KOTOR2, and then a couple of hundred years later TOR games follow it, timeline wise. The older comic Jedi vs Sith explains why the situation of the films comes about. The novel Darth Plaguies finishes that off, sort of. Very worth reading also.
Back to top Go down
JohnVault

JohnVault

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Fans?   Star Wars Fans? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 12:29 pm

I saw the old star wars movies and i know that every star wars movie,book,TV show is going to be awesome and hope we see some new jedi's in the new movie.
Back to top Go down
Alixen

Alixen

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Fans?   Star Wars Fans? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 12:50 pm

That's pretty much a certainty. Takes place 30 years after Return of the Jedi, so Han and Leia almost certainly have kids, and Luke will almost certainly have trained them.
Back to top Go down
Mr Turtle Wax

Mr Turtle Wax

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Fans?   Star Wars Fans? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 3:52 pm

I just hope Disney don't f**k it up

Unrealhatred

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Fans?   Star Wars Fans? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 4:17 pm

thepanzerwarmachine wrote:
I just hope Disney don't f**k it up
I honestly don't think they will, it's to big of a franchise to destroy completely and its more costly to not make the movie faithful towards the fans as we all saw the outrage that ROTS and the other two got. Also when you look at the marvel movies and the avengers movies. It shows that Disney is fully capable of allowing a mature movie that has dark themes in it to be made.

I'm looking forward to it, it'd also be nice at some point to see a movie about Kyle Katarn at some point. That'd just be awesome, or even have him in the new ones!

*Day dreams*

Slade Wilson had an incident when fighting the justice league for a powerful inter-dimension portal device. He was trying to get it for a client. The heroes managed to stop him, but not before he was sucked into a new dimension. A chaotic, post apocalyptic world where war is a constant thing. Here he's in his elements, some one always needs another person killed because....War, war never changes.
Back to top Go down
Mr Turtle Wax

Mr Turtle Wax

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Fans?   Star Wars Fans? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 1:21 am

ya i am anticipating for the release EP7, i think it's gonna be awesome. IMO, they did kinda ruin Indiana Jones though, sorta it's still good but didn't have the feel of I.J

Lilkrasdog

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Fans?   Star Wars Fans? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 2:04 am

Disney won't screw up for two very important reasons.

1: the fans will march on disney land with lightsabers and blasters to burn the place to the ground.

2: they own marvel, and when have you seen a bad marvel movie?

Still I wonder if they are going to reveal that Walt Disney is actually the Emperors father?
Back to top Go down
Mr Turtle Wax

Mr Turtle Wax

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Fans?   Star Wars Fans? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 2:12 am

haha ya never seen a bad marvel movie

noopis

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Fans?   Star Wars Fans? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 4:03 am

I'm not too worried about Disney screwing this up, they can't screw it up worse than George Lucas already has. The only concern I have is that they're planning on having a movie out annually with one major film, then spinoffs, and another major film. I'm just a bit worried that they'll milk it and focus on quantity over quality, but it's too soon to say if that's gonna happen or not.
Back to top Go down
Alixen

Alixen

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Fans?   Star Wars Fans? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 6:47 am

To be fair, the quantity over quality has been an issue in the EU for a long, long time. But i'm not worried. Abrams seems to have a genuine respect for the series. They are also physically building sets and ships, so not everything will be CGI this time.
Back to top Go down
Arn13

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Fans?   Star Wars Fans? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 9:59 pm

noopis wrote:
I'm not too worried about Disney screwing this up, they can't screw it up worse than George Lucas already has. The only concern I have is that they're planning on having a movie out annually with one major film, then spinoffs, and another major film. I'm just a bit worried that they'll milk it and focus on quantity over quality, but it's too soon to say if that's gonna happen or not.

My thoughts exactly.

I was actually quite relieved that Disney bought the franchise. Hopefully then, the writing and storyline would be better than it was under Lucas.

On that note, have any you guys seen the youtube video by Belated Media on the "what if's?" of episode I and II?
Back to top Go down
Unrealhatred

Unrealhatred

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Fans?   Star Wars Fans? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 3:48 am

I actually thought the prequels were fun to watch, sure they had a lot of issues with it but I liked watching it. Hell I went to see Clone Wars with my Dad twice we loved it that much. I haven't seen the clone wars cartoon and apparently that's really, really good and actually puts the prequels to shame.

I liked both sets of Star Wars movies because they're very close to my child hood, much like Jedi Knight 3: Jedi Academy.

Slade Wilson had an incident when fighting the justice league for a powerful inter-dimension portal device. He was trying to get it for a client. The heroes managed to stop him, but not before he was sucked into a new dimension. A chaotic, post apocalyptic world where war is a constant thing. Here he's in his elements, some one always needs another person killed because....War, war never changes.
Back to top Go down
Tht1Knight

Tht1Knight

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Fans?   Star Wars Fans? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 5:29 am

I'm fairly confident that Disney won't milk the actual films but actually milk stuff that can use the Star Wars Theme. The worst thing Disney could probably do is make a really lovable/annoying character that becomes the new R2 or something and then milk the shit out of the new character.
Back to top Go down
Alixen

Alixen

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Fans?   Star Wars Fans? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 12:46 pm

I greatly enjoyed the prequels also, they may not have captured my heart like the OT, but close enough. I always liked Hayden's Anakin, absolutely loved Ewan's Obi-Wan, and found the planets and scenes visually stunning. Nor has it aged badly.

The Clone Wars is amazing, film and series. It's very, very dark in ways that fly over the young ones heads, but grown up fans can appreciate. The blank staring eyes of dead clones. Droids questioning sentience. Creeper moments like Hondo running his thumb over Ahsoka's lip. In the Netflix only season 6 we also get to see a Hutt toilet stall, and what the inside of a public 'fresher'/toilet looks like in SW. I always wondered, just a little. In that same season, I found one of the darkest moments of the entire thing was a clone medic (his dead brothers floating limply around him) obviously terrified as the droids approach, alone in the vacuum of space in a crippled transport, and he throw himself out of cover (he is doomed, anyway) and takes one with him... before they show the killing shot rip into him. Less ballsy shows would have cut away.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Fans?   Star Wars Fans? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Star Wars Fans?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 30Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 30  Next