Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
space vault dead boomers Mask NPCs boom clone Gear ghost khan Metal suit ghoul marvel money commonwealth Reforged riot Duty Superpele Ryse body hunk leon power
Latest topics
» OICW Mod for New Vegas
Thoughts on Mod Picker? - Page 2 Emptyby DavidW75 Wed Oct 23, 2024 12:37 am

» Looking for Gta 5 xbox one modded account
Thoughts on Mod Picker? - Page 2 Emptyby salman0786 Tue Oct 08, 2024 4:47 pm

» [FNV] Flickering Landscape Textures
Thoughts on Mod Picker? - Page 2 Emptyby zliu313 Fri Oct 04, 2024 2:33 pm

» Best Site Ever!
Thoughts on Mod Picker? - Page 2 Emptyby WasteNinja88 Sun Sep 29, 2024 5:38 am

» Weird bug or glitch with Console Command. [FNV]
Thoughts on Mod Picker? - Page 2 Emptyby nickenicole47 Tue Sep 24, 2024 7:11 pm

» Suggestions on npc mod that Blends with dragbodys mod?
Thoughts on Mod Picker? - Page 2 Emptyby ilovebees.com Sun Sep 22, 2024 6:31 am

» [FNV] Right Mouse Button Zoom/ADS Bug
Thoughts on Mod Picker? - Page 2 Emptyby Lankychazz2009 Sun Sep 22, 2024 4:20 am

» (FO4) FO76 BOS Objects
Thoughts on Mod Picker? - Page 2 Emptyby campesino.p Sat Sep 21, 2024 9:53 pm

» [FNV] Dragbody's FO4 Power Armors bug.
Thoughts on Mod Picker? - Page 2 Emptyby Lankychazz2009 Thu Sep 19, 2024 2:34 pm

» Fallout: New Vegas "Pizza Boy" Mod
Thoughts on Mod Picker? - Page 2 Emptyby MrMistyEyed2 Tue Sep 10, 2024 1:15 am

» Here Are Some Of The Best Mods From GunNetwork
Thoughts on Mod Picker? - Page 2 Emptyby Abyssfer Sun Sep 08, 2024 10:02 am

» Saying hi after two years
Thoughts on Mod Picker? - Page 2 Emptyby spiralsandspirals Thu Aug 29, 2024 12:39 am

» Looking for an alternative to Nexus
Thoughts on Mod Picker? - Page 2 Emptyby freakoverse Fri Aug 23, 2024 10:50 am

» fallout 4 mods
Thoughts on Mod Picker? - Page 2 Emptyby salientguitar4 Mon Aug 19, 2024 5:47 pm

» [FNV] How to troubleshot infinite loading issues?
Thoughts on Mod Picker? - Page 2 Emptyby Abyssfer Wed Aug 14, 2024 5:28 pm

» Fnv Enable player control command
Thoughts on Mod Picker? - Page 2 Emptyby GenJohnWilliam Mon Aug 05, 2024 9:25 pm

» Problem with Dragbodies NCR overhaul
Thoughts on Mod Picker? - Page 2 Emptyby Lankychazz2009 Fri Aug 02, 2024 8:53 pm

» NCR Trooper Overhaul Armors with NCR Ultimate Overhaul
Thoughts on Mod Picker? - Page 2 Emptyby Abyssfer Thu Aug 01, 2024 8:29 pm

» Roland Deschain ist The Mysterious Stranger and other t
Thoughts on Mod Picker? - Page 2 Emptyby SpaceRanger Mon Jul 22, 2024 10:15 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
Thoughts on Mod Picker? - Page 2 Emptyby SpaceRanger Mon Jul 22, 2024 9:25 am

October 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
October 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Thoughts on Mod Picker?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
DVAted

DVAted

Character sheet
Name: DeViAted
Faction: GUNners
Level: 55

Thoughts on Mod Picker? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Mod Picker?   Thoughts on Mod Picker? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 28, 2016 6:50 pm

I can honestly say that I dislike the system.
there isn't anywhere near the same exposition of the mods in the ingame menu. not enough screenshots, no videos, the text description isn't as large and elaborate, and you can't have multi-esps for several various options in the same mod.

also, right now, my game crashes on loading. idk why, it just crashes. pisses.me.off.

Back to top Go down
VWgolfR1

VWgolfR1

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Mod Picker?   Thoughts on Mod Picker? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 28, 2016 6:51 pm

@Havoc

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about that. You're right, it's definitely for console users primarily.
Back to top Go down
donta1979

donta1979

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Mod Picker?   Thoughts on Mod Picker? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2016 1:23 am

I had a discussion with DVA about this awhile ago, during the paid mods, one thing that Bethesda tried to do was buy the nexus. Since they refused this is what is going to happen, the nexus will be cut out of the equation fully at some point with the new mod picker menu in game. I said eventually paid mods will become a thing again, and sadly it will and sadly the mod authors wishing to sell their work will get the short end of the stick.

Was suspecting with console mods Bethesda would wait for someone to start releasing game breaking/console breaking mods on purpose and Bethesda would step in fully putting the lockdown on the mod scene at least on the nexus. But it appears they will be making it a built in service for mods within the game.

At least for Fallout 4, the next Elder Scrolls and future Fallout games will use this service, I am guessing they will start to strangle the nexus of revenue with their mod delivery method making it easy, also giving tools to modders that give them all the tutorials and resources available to use their Bethesda.net service. Once the tides have changed and as we already know the Nexus cannot allow ported content for legal reasons due to the add revenue generated. That will make sites like GUNetwork more popular because honestly no such restrictions dealing with money changing hands goes on here, might become a problem later on as the site grows and it will grow. I honestly do see the nexus getting pushed out of the equation financially. Once all of this happens then we will see paid mods become a thing again and they will be here to stay. With Bethesda as the main point of distribution of at least your standard mods.

Sad but true...

Second post

DVAted wrote:
also, right now, my game crashes on loading. idk why, it just crashes. pisses.me.off.

PM me, I have helped so many people on this... I can probably have you up and running in an hour at least... The fun of patches changing stuff with the game... from paths and ini's going crazy...

beardofsocrates

beardofsocrates

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Mod Picker?   Thoughts on Mod Picker? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2016 1:38 am

I'm glad the MP has addressed a lot of the concerns. Reading some the previous chat messages, it felt like the authors would have been trampled over with little regard.

@donta1979 In all likelihood how possible is this? This is assuming every author, new and veteran, wants to support the Bethesda web over the Nexus. Considering the Nexus is responsible for creating a user-friendly environment to access mods, you'd think they would have, at the very least, a mutual respect for them. Plus, can you really find evil in such a face as this?

Spoiler:

Last edited by beardofsocrates on Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LukaTheJawa

LukaTheJawa

Character sheet
Name: Jawa Thief
Faction: Anti stormtrooper fedaration
Level: 15

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Mod Picker?   Thoughts on Mod Picker? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2016 1:41 am

Fixed a double post from @donta1979

Your long enough here to know to edit posts

Lukaboot
Back to top Go down
donta1979

donta1979

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Mod Picker?   Thoughts on Mod Picker? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2016 1:58 am

beardofsocrates wrote:
I'm glad the MP has addressed a lot of the concerns. Reading some the previous chat messages, it felt like the authors would have been trampled over with little regard.

@donta1979 In all likelihood how possible is this? This is assuming everything author, new and veteran, wants to support the Bethesda web over the Nexus. Considering the Nexus is responsible for creating a user-friendly environment to access mods, you'd think they would have, at the very least, a mutual respect for them. Plus, can you really find evil in such a face as this?

Spoiler:

It is not Todd's call, nor would it be him calling it, its the other guy that pushed to have gameworks injected into the game before launch taking nvidia's money and hurting production. That is why so much content was cut short at the end of production. Gameworks took precedent over the production on priorities to get done. The higher ups that make the real calls, know there are millions to be made in micro-transactions more so than game sales... My first issue with the paid mods is Bethesda/Valve got most of the profits without really any of the work, the artist was responsible for their machine/power/resources used, as well as tools not provided by valve or Bethesda, only offering the creation tool/geck, leaving the artist with the burden of all production cost/no legal protection, leaving them open to lawsuits even from tool creators. The nexus makes hundreds of thousands if not close to millions by now on add revenue. To any company that is lost revenue. Just like a marriage or any relationship will be terminated over money that mutual friendship will be thrown out the window.  For modders no, but for a company vs a mod hub yes very much so. Lost revenue to share holders and CEO's is bad business.

TerrorFox1234

TerrorFox1234

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Mod Picker?   Thoughts on Mod Picker? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 16, 2016 4:30 pm

Kitiara wrote:
Evmeister wrote:
If it isn't broke, don't fix it. The current Nexus system is not perfect but it works well. There is/was no reason to change it. If I see something I like or think it's interesting, I track and then come back to see if it got enough endorsements. Why? Because that tells me it's not a buggy or bad mod and worth the time. However, I have one mod on Nexus that only has 20 endorsements. Of course it's kind of niche.

Why do people always have to mess with things when they're fine just the way they are.
The why is as simple and old as time itself... greed.
The Mod picker is made for one purpose and one purpose only, money. Like Druuler said they will be making money out of ads on the mods pages while the mod author can't (due to Bethesda Terms and Conditions).

So the old idea of making money out of others work is here in action again

Incorrect. We are not running ads. We will be accepting donations but we will not be putting big DONATE buttons all over the site or pushing people to do so. If you had researched even a little bit about the project you would have seen this stated in multiple places. We are all people who spend our time trying to help the community (our team leader developed the Merge Plugins utility, I wrote the Beginner's Gudie featured on GEMS, etc). This project was born out of the idea of creating a better searching system and compatibility check system than what is currently available.
Back to top Go down
beardofsocrates

beardofsocrates

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Mod Picker?   Thoughts on Mod Picker? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 01, 2016 8:34 am

@TerrorFox1234

First, welcome to GUN! Second from reading some of your posts, I'm very happy to see your team addressing a lot the mod author concerns. I wish your project the best in finding a win-win solution.

TerrorFox1234

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Mod Picker?   Thoughts on Mod Picker? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2016 3:24 pm

beardofsocrates wrote:
@TerrorFox1234

First, welcome to GUN! Second from reading some of your posts, I'm very happy to see your team addressing a lot the mod author concerns. I wish your project the best in finding a win-win solution.

Thanks for the welcome and glad to see you've looked into our project! We are definitely trying to make this the best it can be and find solutions that work for people on both sides of the fence (authors/creators and users). Thankfully it seems like we've addressed all the major concerns we can address in advance. Any residual concerns at this point are mostly speculative and can't be addressed until we go live and actually get data and interaction to work off of.

Let me know if I can answer any questions for you Smile

Regards,
TF
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Mod Picker?   Thoughts on Mod Picker? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on Mod Picker?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gaming Underground Network :: Fallout :: Discussion-