Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
money Mask Overhaul wolfenstein daryl body Gear Ryse Reforged marvel commonwealth Call vault boomers power dead gauss mandalorian NPCs hunk boom khan riot ghoul Superpele machine
Latest topics
» Just a tired engineer with too little free time
The ENB Troubleshooting Thread - Page 3 Emptyby Allthis Today at 2:20 pm

» Afterlife discord
The ENB Troubleshooting Thread - Page 3 Emptyby fil0000 Today at 5:57 am

» The Next fallout
The ENB Troubleshooting Thread - Page 3 Emptyby Velken Yesterday at 11:13 pm

» (FO4) FO76 BOS Objects
The ENB Troubleshooting Thread - Page 3 Emptyby Velken Yesterday at 11:08 pm

» Announcement: The Winds of Change
The ENB Troubleshooting Thread - Page 3 Emptyby Luke Priefer Yesterday at 5:16 pm

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
The ENB Troubleshooting Thread - Page 3 Emptyby Luke Priefer Yesterday at 2:43 pm

» Starfield
The ENB Troubleshooting Thread - Page 3 Emptyby Velken Wed May 08, 2024 10:34 pm

» Not new, but been a long time
The ENB Troubleshooting Thread - Page 3 Emptyby john96 Fri May 03, 2024 11:31 pm

» Hey everyone, I've missed this place so much.
The ENB Troubleshooting Thread - Page 3 Emptyby Xehonort Wed May 01, 2024 12:33 pm

» Hello, can anyone help me with the load order?
The ENB Troubleshooting Thread - Page 3 Emptyby Elean Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
The ENB Troubleshooting Thread - Page 3 Emptyby SilverInc Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:39 am

» The Legion are fascists, let's discuss it.
The ENB Troubleshooting Thread - Page 3 Emptyby monke gaming Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:56 am

» A long overdue introduction
The ENB Troubleshooting Thread - Page 3 Emptyby Athallah Akbar Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:46 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
The ENB Troubleshooting Thread - Page 3 Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
The ENB Troubleshooting Thread - Page 3 Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
The ENB Troubleshooting Thread - Page 3 Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:22 am

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
The ENB Troubleshooting Thread - Page 3 Emptyby HardComma Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:42 pm

» Hello from nexus
The ENB Troubleshooting Thread - Page 3 Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
The ENB Troubleshooting Thread - Page 3 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:06 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
The ENB Troubleshooting Thread - Page 3 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:55 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

The ENB Troubleshooting Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
3hunnadisto

3hunnadisto

The ENB Troubleshooting Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The ENB Troubleshooting Thread   The ENB Troubleshooting Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 5:04 pm

so the game loaded fine just no change :/ Im really not sure what else to do

LukaTheJawa

Character sheet
Name: Jawa Thief
Faction: Anti stormtrooper fedaration
Level: 15

PostSubject: Re: The ENB Troubleshooting Thread   The ENB Troubleshooting Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 5:08 pm

3hunnadisto wrote:
so the game loaded fine just no change :/ Im really not sure what else to do

Tried other enb binaries ?

Tried installing a different enb ?

Becuas eif nothing works you have no choice.
Back to top Go down
3hunnadisto

3hunnadisto

PostSubject: Re: The ENB Troubleshooting Thread   The ENB Troubleshooting Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 7:07 pm

Well, Im outta luck :/ wait, this may have been very important, Im running on a windows 8 laptop

Diem

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The ENB Troubleshooting Thread   The ENB Troubleshooting Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 8:59 pm

OrmrSnaethorsen wrote:
ONI Agent Locke wrote:
I'm using NuClear ENB on Fallout 3, and for some reason the AO and Detailed Shadow are making the grass and first person model look ugly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qq5uut51-FM

What's going on?

That's simply how the game looks in Fallout with ENB added AO and Detailed Shadows.
ENB isn't perfect - there are known bugs with the Detailed Shadows for example.
You have to live with it or disable it to suit your liking.
Strange, it wasn't always like that, and it doesn't look like that in the screenshots and videos I've checked, but oh well.
Back to top Go down
TheHermit

TheHermit

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level: 33

PostSubject: Re: The ENB Troubleshooting Thread   The ENB Troubleshooting Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 27, 2015 9:02 am

With NuClear ENB, it looks as though the intensity of the AO is quite high. It can look quite odd on certain textures, especially textures with transparent edges. It's something we have to live with. My personal ENB presets (RUST and COBALT) suffer with the problem, but it's not as pronounced. I tried to find a sweet spot because I didn't like the ugliness of it all.

MY MODS & MODS I'VE CONTRIBUTED TO:

Back to top Go down
https://thehermit.bio.link/
Bandikoot

Bandikoot

PostSubject: Re: The ENB Troubleshooting Thread   The ENB Troubleshooting Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 27, 2015 10:14 am

Hey OrmrSnaethorsen. Did you come up with anything about my issue? You last asked me what ENB I was trying you use. Here's a link.
Back to top Go down
TheHermit

TheHermit

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:

PostSubject: Re: The ENB Troubleshooting Thread   The ENB Troubleshooting Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 27, 2015 10:34 am

Bandikoot wrote:
Hey OrmrSnaethorsen. Did you come up with anything about my issue? You last asked me what ENB I was trying you use. Here's a link.

Sorry, man. Meant to get back to you, but this thread moves quickly. It's a vast undertaking, especially since I've only ever really had an issue with Fallout 3 ENBs. Even then, the problems I experienced were never to the magnitude that others have experienced here. Moreover, it kind of burns me out trying to figure out issues when I can't sit at your PC and potentially fix the problem in a few minutes. It might be a small thing I've overlooked.

We'll have to take this step by step, because from what I can tell, there's no good reason your system can't run it. Just be sure you've not got anything like MSI afterburner or some background app that could interfere with ENB. It's a post-processing overlay, and whilst I barely understand the science behind it, it seems that a lot of background apps can interfere with it.

For now, let's take baby steps. Please completely uninstall your current ENB - be sure to look at the original Realism ENB archive and make sure ALL of those files are removed. Next, try installing my ENB found here -

Code:
http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/57475/?

it's just as a tester.
Install the 267 dll file first (or whatever the latest FNV ENB currently is)
You may need to tailor the enblocal.ini to your machine as well. Don't forget that!
SweetFX has caused black screen insta-crashes with me. So we'll look to a more light weight ENB after this to see if that solves the problem.

***EDIT***

As a last resort and if people feel comfortable to do so, I'm happy to talk on my Teamspeak and connect remotely to your PC using TeamViewer, under your supervision of course. It may allow me to determine the problem much easier, just in case there's something that's been overlooked. PM me if it gets to that point. I can't guarantee I can fix it as the problem may be deeper and hardware related, but I can give it a damn good go.

Back to top Go down
Bandikoot

Bandikoot

PostSubject: Re: The ENB Troubleshooting Thread   The ENB Troubleshooting Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 27, 2015 10:46 am

I fully understand your predicament. I actually felt bad because I didn't check this thread but once after I typed the last reply a day or so ago, lol.

Also now that you mentioned Fallout 3 ENBs, thought I might add that Fallout 3 runs just fine with any ENB installed, so this just confuses me even more. For now, I will follow your directions and give you an update.
Back to top Go down
TheHermit

TheHermit

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:

PostSubject: Re: The ENB Troubleshooting Thread   The ENB Troubleshooting Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 27, 2015 10:50 am

Incidentally, the Fallout 3 I own is the non-Steam version. I got it on CD before I'd even heard about Steam. I have to install Fallout 3 to a non OS drive/Program Files directory just to get it to run properly with ENB. I also have to do things in a certain order (a sequence which I've forgotten by now) in order to get ENB to work in Fallout 3. I've found my AMD card had more problems with ENB than my Nvidia one too... sometimes you just get unlucky I think and no matter how good your rig is ENB won't work properly. Sounds like a cop-out, but every PC is unique in that respect.

Back to top Go down
Bandikoot

Bandikoot

PostSubject: Re: The ENB Troubleshooting Thread   The ENB Troubleshooting Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 27, 2015 11:11 am

So I installed Cobalt ENB and followed every direction to the letter... and it worked. I also noticed that Rudy ENB, the ENB I had installed before I came to this thread, also used Sweet FX. So maybe I was imagining something concerning Sweet FX ruining my experience with ENBs? I don't know. Bottom line, Cobalt ENB works, so should I try to install Realism ENB now?
Back to top Go down
TheHermit

TheHermit

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:

PostSubject: Re: The ENB Troubleshooting Thread   The ENB Troubleshooting Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 27, 2015 11:17 am

Just to refresh my memory... you had an issue with FPS, correct?
How's performance with Cobalt? My old system wasn't as good as yours and I'd get 60FPS constantly.
I've noticed that SweetFX can't always be interchanged between each ENB preset, so you have to make sure there are no old SweetFX files installed before adding a new one - mixing them up can cause crashes (as there are different versions). I still don't know why SFX would eat at your FPS though. Only time ENB has killed my frame rate was if my PC simply wasn't powerful enough to run K ENB (in Skyrim for example) at peak settings with x & y ultra texture pack.

Back to top Go down
Bandikoot

Bandikoot

PostSubject: Re: The ENB Troubleshooting Thread   The ENB Troubleshooting Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 27, 2015 11:25 am

Yes. With certain ENBs, and in this regard, Realism ENB, I get very, VERY low FPS. Again, not too sure if Sweet FX is the culprit. With Cobalt ENB and Rudy ENB, which both have Sweet FX, they ran fine, at 60FPS. Maybe even higher if it weren't capped. If it is capped.

With the 6850 that I mentioned much earlier, it even got 60FPS with certain ENBs on both New Vegas AND Skyrim, both with high resolution texture packs. When I was having issues with New Vegas, I made triple sure I deleted all older files of the previous ENB before it and all failed attempts to install properly. Also, I believe something was said earlier about ENBs not wanting to play nice with FNV4GB? If that's the case, well... Cobalt ENB was run with FNV4GB in tow, and it ran just fine for me.
Back to top Go down
TheHermit

TheHermit

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:

PostSubject: Re: The ENB Troubleshooting Thread   The ENB Troubleshooting Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 27, 2015 11:37 am

It's best to cap Bethesda games at 60FPS for the time being, NPCs/creatures like to fall from the sky when a cell loads in otherwise.

Anyway, you're determined to use Realism ENB, correct?
Well it doesn't look as though it's been updated for the latest binary.
In fact its last update was for 0.194, so it's best you install that version, despite it being full of bugs because it's an older, less refined version of the ENB series for FO3/FNV.
Just be sure you're using the 0.194 binary - if it's no longer available, you may be better to find an ENB that's more recent. Sweet FX can also be turned off in the enblocal.ini or the enbseries.ini - the latter in older versions of ENB series. In the enblocal.ini you would change the values from this:

EnableProxyLibrary=true
InitProxyFunctions=true
ProxyLibrary=d3d9_sweetfx.dll

to this...

EnableProxyLibrary=false
InitProxyFunctions=false
ProxyLibrary=d3d9_sweetfx.dll

Back to top Go down
Bandikoot

Bandikoot

PostSubject: Re: The ENB Troubleshooting Thread   The ENB Troubleshooting Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 27, 2015 11:39 am

Maybe that's the problem... could it be that I was trying to run an older ENB on a newer binary? If that's the case... then I can easily find another ENB that's to my liking and just use that. Heck, the Oxide ENB in the original post looks pretty darn good.
Back to top Go down
TheHermit

TheHermit

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:

PostSubject: Re: The ENB Troubleshooting Thread   The ENB Troubleshooting Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 27, 2015 11:49 am

Is it a problem? I don't honestly know. I'd chalk it up as a potential problem, but not to the point it'd crash your game. It might create visual bugs or unintended effect more than anything else.

Anyway, not to toot his horn, but all of @Tru3th 's ENBs are good. Enrikiller's NEVADA ENB - Realism is probably closer to the ENB Realism you were using. It required Nevada Skies, but there is a version for FNVRWL:

Code:
http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/55112/?

Back to top Go down
Bandikoot

Bandikoot

PostSubject: Re: The ENB Troubleshooting Thread   The ENB Troubleshooting Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 27, 2015 11:52 am

I'm fine with having to install lighting/weather type mods. I used to have Nevada Skies URWLified installed but couldn't use it because of Rudy ENB.

Thanks for all your help. For now, I'm going to experiment and see what I can get running. At least Cobalt works. From the few minutes I used it, I liked it more than Rudy ENB.
Back to top Go down
TheHermit

TheHermit

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:

PostSubject: Re: The ENB Troubleshooting Thread   The ENB Troubleshooting Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 27, 2015 12:01 pm

Hehe! Glad you like Cobalt, though it has more of a Pixar look and interiors, you may find, are too vibrant and bright for you. Tru3th's presets are very similar to mine, particularly Overgrowth ENB. Better yet, try Jay's ENB (performance version)

Back to top Go down
Bandikoot

Bandikoot

PostSubject: Re: The ENB Troubleshooting Thread   The ENB Troubleshooting Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 27, 2015 12:07 pm

I'll give them a try. So far, Oxide ENB is running just fine. I forgot to turn on the weather .esp that came with it so I'm doing that now.
Back to top Go down
TheHermit

TheHermit

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:

PostSubject: Re: The ENB Troubleshooting Thread   The ENB Troubleshooting Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 27, 2015 12:08 pm

I'm glad you've made progress, man. Enjoy your game. Smile

Back to top Go down
Diem

Diem

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The ENB Troubleshooting Thread   The ENB Troubleshooting Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 5:17 pm

OrmrSnaethorsen wrote:
With NuClear ENB, it looks as though the intensity of the AO is quite high. It can look quite odd on certain textures, especially textures with transparent edges. It's something we have to live with. My personal ENB presets (RUST and COBALT) suffer with the problem, but it's not as pronounced. I tried to find a sweet spot because I didn't like the ugliness of it all.
Yeah, I've been trying to find an ENB I like for Fallout 3 lately. The Realism ENB doesn't really look that great in practice, and Midhrastic is too stylized. NuClear is probably my favorite I've found, but these couple issues and the fact that I have to install some ENB weather mod to use it are obnoxious.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The ENB Troubleshooting Thread   The ENB Troubleshooting Thread - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The ENB Troubleshooting Thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next